fatman123
Nishankly
jibers
CBarca
Blue Barrett
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race - Page 4 Empty Re: Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race

Post by andiii 21/7/2013, 12:23

chelsea and city. no one else

andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race - Page 4 Empty Re: Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race

Post by Red Alert 21/7/2013, 12:29

McAgger wrote:
ynwa wrote:All of Arsenal, City, Chelsea and United will challenge.

Spurs and LFC will fight for 5th.

Arsenal won't be challenging for anything if they go in with the same squad. It's between City, Chelsea and to a lesser extent United (especially if they lose Rooney). 4th is between us, Arsenal, and Spurs.

Arsenal will challenge just as much as United even with the same squad. They're the only "top" team that will have the advantage of already having a tactical game plan and a manager that already knows his team.

Moyes is a horrible manager. The players will carry him as much as they can, but they will lose points because of Moyes.

City and Chelsea both have great squads and are the two favourites, but they both have new managers. Depending on how fast Mourinho and Pellegrini can get a system working to get the right results, Arsenal will have the advantage.

They're run in at the end of the season is always good, they just need a quicker start. Arsenal only really need 2 signings; a goal keeper and a striker. They could probably do with a Diame type as well as they have a weak midfield, but they still have the best midfield in the league. The window is far from shut.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy 21/7/2013, 14:37

Liverpool? Arsenal? Spuds?

Oh please, lets stop lying to ourselves, they ain't challenging for no title.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 21/7/2013, 14:46

Blue Barrett wrote:Btw where will Newcastle finish this season? Dunno what happened to them last season. I have them as a sleeping giant as per top 6 finish.

We'll be lucky if we finish bottom 6 Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred 21/7/2013, 15:32

Let's be serious, there are only really 3 clubs in the race right now: Manchester City, Chelsea, and Manchester United. They're the only squads that really have the pieces to compete for the league. Everyone else needs to address certain problem areas before they can really hope to challenge for the title.

Spurs could be a darkhorse, but only if they keep Gareth Bale, add a new 20 goals-a-season striker, and they probably need a RW that poses a decent goal-threat. Aaron Lennon has his moments, but his highest goal-tally was 7 (I believe) and that was 5 years ago. I actually believe that with Bale and a new striker, they may be in a better position than Arsenal to compete with the "big boys" for real honors. I know they finished below Arsenal last season, but they could easily push past their North London rivals if thy can make a few shrewd signings this summer. Adebayor's continued stay in North London may hamper these efforts, as I'm not sure if thy can afford another first-choice striker with Ade and Defoe's wages on the books (then again, there was apparently an attractive package on the table for Villa).

Arsenal...? Well, Arsenal will need to actually spend some of the money they've been talking about for several months. One of the biggest needs is at CF. GiroudTis a good striker, but he's not a consistent match-winner in the Premier League. TBH, they would be in a far better position had they simply ponied up and paid Madrid what they wanted for Higuain. So far they signed, who? Sanogo... a french U21 striker. Am I wrong, or was this window touted as a defining window for Arsenal? Wasn't this supposed to be the summer they went and used the cash they've been saving? Wasn't this supposed to be the window where Wenger addressed the issues that have been plaguing their squad for several seasons? I know it's only July 21, but they've done nothing but walk away from an attainable and high-quality target (Higuain), throw money at an unrealistic target (Suarez), and make googly-eyes at one of England's finest (Rooney). Where's the DM? Where's the CB? Where's the LW? Seems to me that Arsenal will do well to manage their efforts in all competitions and stay in the Premier League. They may yet be celebrating their fourth place trophy again next spring, but they're unlikely to do much unless Wenger finds his pocketbook.

Assuming Michael Carrick was speaking of Liverpool as the 6th club... Well, as much as I would like that to be true, it simply isn't. We have far too many needs and far too little experience. In truth, we will be extremely fortunate to get 4th this season, even if Suarez stays. It's going to be an exceptionally competitive season, and we simply don't have the dynamism in enough positions to challenge. I like our squad and what Rodgers is doing, but I don't think we have enough players that can consistntly make something happen to put us above Arsenal,Tottenham, ManU, ManC and Chelsea. Could we catch a few of them... maybe. Will we actually challeng for the league this season... To quote Super Troopers, "I'll believe that when me (*poo*) turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet."
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac 21/7/2013, 15:42

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:Btw where will Newcastle finish this season? Dunno what happened to them last season. I have them as a sleeping giant as per top 6 finish.

We'll be lucky if we finish bottom 6 Laughing

Mole returns Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 21/7/2013, 16:13

Anyway the title is staying in Manchester, anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.

City have the best team in the league by a distance, always did and now they have a midfielder who isn't inept and actual winger and 2 forwards who compliment the rest unike Balo and Tevez.

Not to mention Pellegrini is light years ahead of Mancini tactically.

Also LOL @ people who think Man Yoo are just going to disappear off the map rofl

And bigger lulz at people think Chelsea are going to magically challenge because they have Mr No Trophies I Lose To Atleti for first time in 80 years with 80m forwards at my disposal rofl

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin 21/7/2013, 16:18

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Anyway the title is staying in Manchester, anyone thinks otherwise is delusional.

City have the best team in the league by a distance, always did and now they have a midfielder who isn't inept and actual winger and 2 forwards who compliment the rest unike Balo and Tevez.

Not to mention Pellegrini is light years ahead of Mancini tactically.

Also LOL @ people who think Man Yoo are just going to disappear off the map rofl

And bigger lulz at people think Chelsea are going to magically challenge because they have Mr No Trophies I Lose To Atleti for first time in 80 years with 80m forwards at my disposal rofl

Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino 21/7/2013, 16:24

Although I appreciate a good attempt of humour and absolutely love the long nicknames, there are so many things wrong with this sentence the only lol's you'll be receiving will be on your account. Absolutely horrendous.

As for the topic at hand, I agree it's between City and United with Chelsea outside favourites. Arsenal are no where near to challenge for the title, it would take a couple 100 mil to get them there. Spurs are out of it too, but Chelsea, providing they do sign a good striker they need, could come close. Underestimate Mou's magic stick as much as you want, odds are that in no less than 2-3 years he'll win the league title yet again.

United probably can't have a worse team than they did last year, when they still easily won the league. Now, providing they do sign someone they'll surely be there or there abouts, but Moyes or no Moyes they'll finish ahead of Arsenal.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 21/7/2013, 16:28

I wasn't being completely serious....

The main point being Chelsea are not doing anything unless they get a decent CM/DM, Winger and striker.

I don't care who is in charge.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino 21/7/2013, 16:31

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wasn't being completely serious....

The main point being Chelsea are not doing anything unless they get a decent CM/DM, Winger and striker.

Hey, I agree with you, they probably aren't winning the title this season. But with Mou in charge and Abramovich supporting him how many transfer windows will they need to fix their deficiencies? I am guessing not more than 3, and that's including this one. My guess is Mou is just waiting for the old guard to leave before making the major overhaul.

So, I agree and understand you, but your joke still wasn't funny Smile
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner 21/7/2013, 16:33

Clandestino wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I wasn't being completely serious....

Hey, I agree with you, they probably aren't winning the title this season. But with Mou in charge and Abramovich supporting him how many transfer windows will they need to fix their deficiencies? I am guessing not more than 3, and that's including this one. My guess is Mou is just waiting for the old guard to leave before making the major overhaul.

So, I agree and understand you, but your joke still wasn't funny to me Smile

That's fixed it. Smile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce 21/7/2013, 16:34

It wasn't suppose to be funny Thumbs up 

Tbh it was just a statement of how strongly i feel Chelsea are doing nothing this year.

As for the rest of your post, i agree.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred 21/7/2013, 17:30

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:It wasn't suppose to be funny Thumbs up 

Tbh it was just a statement of how strongly i feel Chelsea are doing nothing this year.

As for the rest of your post, i agree.
But, they're going to buy Rooney and get rid of Mata...

That should fix everything, right?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ 21/7/2013, 23:06

Is it true that ManU and Barcelona are the only teams who has finished over a Mourinho-team in a table since 2002?
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett 22/7/2013, 00:21

AltoZ wrote:Is it true that ManU and Barcelona are the only teams who has finished over a Mourinho-team in a table since 2002?
Yes.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert 22/7/2013, 13:15

Berbatov wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
Berbatov wrote:This is our year.
I don't assume you're talking about Fulham.
YNWA

I see what you did there. Legend. Laughing

You sort of make me want to change my ID, though. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ 23/7/2013, 21:48

Is the EPL rock-paper-scissors in matchups?

Man Utd beats Man City
Man City beats Chelsea
Chelsea beats Man Utd
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger 23/7/2013, 22:23

AltoZ wrote:Is the EPL rock-paper-scissors in matchups?

Man Utd beats Man City
Man City beats Chelsea
Chelsea beats Man Utd

That's what makes the league so competitive and enjoyable. Every team can beat each other on any given day.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov 24/7/2013, 04:24

something-red wrote:
Berbatov wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
I don't assume you're talking about Fulham.
YNWA

I see what you did there. Legend. Laughing

You sort of make me want to change my ID, though. Sad
Laughing
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte 8/5/2014, 10:17

jibers wrote:LOL. Carrick pls go. United City and Chelsea are the only contenders.

Abramovich wrote:
REWB wrote:lol united challenging for what title? moyes is going to make united a europe league team watch. i bet you arsenal will be ahead of united this season.

Lmao I'll take you up on that bet?

REWB ffs :bow:

RED wrote:Will be the usual 3 competing for the title- Utd, City and Chelsea.

4th will be competed by Arsenal, Spurs and maybe LFC.

One thing is for certain, it's gonna be the most interesting season since I started following Utd and watching the BPL. Can't wait!

pirat 

B-Mac wrote:
REWB wrote:lol united challenging for what title? moyes is going to make united a europe league team watch. i bet you arsenal will be ahead of united this season.

won the league by 11 pts Proud

suddenly europa league team

GL logic Proud

RED wrote:
B-Mac MUFC wrote:

won the league by 11 pts Proud

suddenly europa league team

GL logic Proud

Makes it all the more sweeter when Moyes starts proving the doubters wrong.

izzy wrote:Liverpool?

Oh please, lets stop lying to ourselves, they ain't challenging for no title.

donttreadonred wrote:Let's be serious, there are only really 3 clubs in the race right now: Manchester City, Chelsea, and Manchester United.  

Assuming Michael Carrick was speaking of Liverpool as the 6th club... Well, as much as I would like that to be true, it simply isn't.

Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race - Page 4 Le10
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 8/5/2014, 10:23

Art  :bow: 

keep this up pls.. The deception is amazing
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers 8/5/2014, 10:51

We still have more trophies than Liverpool and arsenal this season Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race - Page 4 Le10
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 8/5/2014, 10:58

Visionary :bow:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac 8/5/2014, 13:47

jibers wrote:We still have more trophies than Liverpool and arsenal this season Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race - Page 4 Le10

have you forgot the presitge of 2nd place and 4th place trophies!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans 8/5/2014, 14:32

B-Mac wrote:
jibers wrote:We still have more trophies than Liverpool and arsenal this season Carrick thinks it'll be a six horse title race - Page 4 Le10

have you forgot the presitge of 2nd place and 4th place trophies!

Haha, don't tell me you wouldn't swap places in a heartbeat.

Plus, if I remember correctly, you don't even have the Communitarian Shield anymore, you gave it to Moysie as compensation for being fired, along with the T-shirt, and afaik he uses it as a bathroom mirror.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4