What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

+27
Nivash
Crimson
halamadrid2
hrealmadrid
Khaled
The Sanchez
Le Samourai
Zealous
Ruud Gullit
Realmadridchris1
free_cat
Red Alert
Valkyrja
Grooverider
lszanto
Clandestino
ExtremistEnigma
Uncanny
Lupi
McAgger
LeVersacci
juventus101
jibers
Onyx
sportsczy
djfawnz
BarcaLearning
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 2 Empty Re: What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Mou has always had strong defensive teams though, I dont think Real were wesk or not strong defensively with him, in fact they were bloody strong defensively for most part?

Im getting the feeling a lot of comments are off the mark so far Razz

I would be surprise by a X'mas tree as I said too many attacking talent to use it on that, pretty sure its will be 4-2-3-1, or 4-3-3?

And Real dont have that many weak link, they are still a top top team...

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 2 Empty Re: What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14?

Post by Uncanny Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Clandestino wrote:
Uncanny wrote:
What are you talking about benzene not being as clinical as higuian.  To be they are more or less the same, I think benzema is more versatile with more pace.  Though I love higuian, I think Benzema is a better option, and both pretty much are toe to toe, even tho higuian played second fiddle.

Wait, did you say Benzema has pace? More pace, at that? Benzema? More? Pace?

Those three words can't be used in the same sentence, unless it's an extremely negative sentence. That guy is a slow, lazy fat ass. And for the final time, this second fiddle crap has to stop. They were rotated almost equally, nobody knew who was going to start a particular match. For example, Benz started home vs. United, Higgy away. Higgy home and away vs. Borussia, Bens home vs. Barca, Higgy away, Benz Copa final and so on.

As for our current squad, it's very unbalanced so far. I can't imagine we have finished our transfers. And if we indeed get Bale (hopefully not), I imagine he'll take Benzema's position as we can't have so many defensively inept players in the first team.

ehh maybe he is a lard ass now, but a fit benzema is more versitile.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:11 pm

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 2 AbFdx2XahD
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Am I the only one that doesn't rate Khedira?

Glad some of you have seen the light with Di Maria. He's been overrated since his Benfica days. Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Khedira's a decent player. However the manager just has to make sure he isn't the only CM/B2B starting like he was under Mourinho.

Fortunately the Alonso-Khedira midfield partnership seems to be over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Valkyrja wrote:What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 2 AbFdx2XahD

I think this looks very likely, of cos if Bale dont move then its will be Benzema/Di Maria there probably.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:38 pm

BarcaLearning wrote: With Cavarjol in behind. Just how good is Cavarjol?

Cavarjol! Very Happy

The new Nerman? Very Happy
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:48 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 2 AbFdx2XahD

I think this looks very likely, of cos if Bale dont move then its will be Benzema/Di Maria there probably.

With Di Maria instead of Bale, we'll have just Ronaldo to score goals, and that's not good IMO. If we won't buy Bale, Benzema will play ST and Isco and Di Maria will rotate.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:

With Di Maria instead of Bale, we'll have just Ronaldo to score goals, and that's not good IMO. If we won't buy Bale, Benzema will play ST and Isco and Di Maria will rotate.

I agree. I just think also for the past 2 seasons or so, its Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain always the scorers, with one of them gone, the others have to make up for it, whether it be Bale if he comes or Isco, Ozil, Di Maria need to chip in their share or if the team shares the load more.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Realmadridchris1 Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:35 pm

4-3-3 would suit us the best! In order to get the best of Ronaldo he has to stay out wide! In the past two preseason games you can tell he's not himself playing near the center...isco looks like a player than can adapt to the wings or centrally..: we know ozil can only play well thru the center so it's the formation that can bring out the best of our attacking players

Realmadridchris1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:17 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:

I agree. I just think also for the past 2 seasons or so, its Ronaldo, Benzema, Higuain always the scorers, with one of them gone, the others have to make up for it, whether it be Bale if he comes or Isco, Ozil, Di Maria need to chip in their share or if the team shares the load more.

In the last 2 season Barca suffered very much from the fact that only Messi scored. In 2011 there were Villa and Pedro, in 2009 Eto'o and Henry.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruud Gullit Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:03 pm

What will be the starting lineup and setup for Real Madrid 2013-14? - Page 2 3jhk

With Benzema at the starting lineup if Bale doesn't come.

Ruud Gullit
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Don't think Illarra is an automatic starter but hopefully in the long term he becomes a focal point of the team.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Cut in and shoot like the last 4 years. Doesn't matter who plays and what the formation is. With Bale, we do it from both sides. Without him, one side.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Cut in and shoot like the last 4 years. Doesn't matter who plays and what the formation is. With Bale, we do it from both sides. Without him, one side.

You say it like it's a bad thing.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:52 pm

It's not a good thing if neither track back, which they don't.  You also need both fullbacks to be good overlapping so you maintain width and better than average on defense, which we don't have either.

When you cut in, you're automatically out of position defensively so your side is wiiiide open.

You need a lot of discipline if both wingers are going to cut in.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:55 pm

Meh I don't share your pessimism.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:13 pm

I don't think the cutting in bit would matter if Ronaldo played up front and Bale took Benzema's place.

Just can't be Bale at RW, Ronaldo at LW in a 4-2-3-1. Because Isco should be starting ahead of Bale.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:28 am

Valkyrja wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

In the last 2 season Barca suffered very much from the fact that only Messi scored. In 2011 there were Villa and Pedro, in 2009 Eto'o and Henry.

I totally agree and have hoped we solve that problem as well. With Neymar and others seemingly stepping up that could be solved.

For Real, it could be a similar situation just saying, Morata, Benzema the other 2 strikers. But obviously the others are all class and can contribute goals.

Anyway, I think all our guesses atm should be close to what we will see at the start of the season Smile I really hope Di Maria gets more chances this season, he was losing out his place towards the end of Mou time. Ozil and Ronaldo certain starters. Benzema, Isco, Di Maria and if Bale comes in will fight for the other 2 attacking spots. Although I think the friendly game recently Real played with 5 attackers, but that doesnt seem realistic for the league.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:35 am

Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think the cutting in bit would matter if Ronaldo played up front and Bale took Benzema's place.

Just can't be Bale at RW, Ronaldo at LW in a 4-2-3-1. Because Isco should be starting ahead of Bale.

Yeah because 100m signing will just be sitting on the bench won't he Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:

I totally agree and have hoped we solve that problem as well. With Neymar and others seemingly stepping up that could be solved.

For Real, it could be a similar situation just saying, Morata, Benzema the other 2 strikers. But obviously the others are all class and can contribute goals.

Anyway, I think all our guesses atm should be close to what we will see at the start of the season :)I really hope Di Maria gets more chances this season, he was losing out his place towards the end of Mou time. Ozil and Ronaldo certain starters. Benzema, Isco, Di Maria and if Bale comes in will fight for the other 2 attacking spots. Although I think the friendly game recently Real played with 5 attackers, but that doesnt seem realistic for the league.

That won't happen. It will be Modric and Khedira in midfield and Ronaldo, Ozil, and 2 of Bale, Isco, Benzema and Di Maria in attack. (these 4 will probably rotate). Di Maria plays like a top 5 player for Argentina... I don't know what happened with him in this last year.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:02 pm

The Sanchez wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:I don't think the cutting in bit would matter if Ronaldo played up front and Bale took Benzema's place.

Yeah because 100m signing will just be sitting on the bench won't he Laughing

Which is why we don't need Bale. I think Isco's a better player. He offers more. It's just nowadays if a player is a goalscorer, he'll be ranked higher than someone who isn't. Isco suits the possession style well.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:25 pm

RM signing Bale for 100+M would be fun :-)

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:35 am

So this threads been moved here.... I hope this wont go bad Razz

But Ancelotti just said Ronaldo will find his best position and he wont make decide for Ronaldo, which is pretty soft for a amanger, but Ancelotti has that reputation. Could be something to make he stay as well.

But if it pans out, do u think Ronaldo prefers to play up front or on the left?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:37 am

Ronaldo doesn't like to play CF. He's made that clear on several occasions... he likes to run into the box with speed and go at defenders with speed... can't do that much at CF.

I tend to agree with him. He can play CF but he's really at his most lethal when he can either take a long shot or dash into the box. You're taking a lot of his weapons away from him if you put him at CF.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Carvajal hasn't looked too sharp in the preseason. Sad thing is that he's still better than Arbeloa.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next