Nishankly
Red Alert
McAgger
ExtremistEnigma
Art Morte
Helmer
10 posters

Go down

Who will be a better player when after 3 or 4 seasons?

Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Vote_lcap73%Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Vote_rcap 73% 
[ 8 ]
Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Vote_lcap27%Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 11

Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Empty Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years???

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:52 am

I know it is too early to comment anything about it right now. But looking at recent performances, it seems that Ibe is getting mature faster than Sterling. I am thinking who will be better player when they both mature? Also who is more likely to play a major role in the next 3 seasons? I am curious what you guys think:

Sterling, still only 18, so long long way to go already made a mark in the first team, by scoring two goals in the last season
strength:
weakness:

Ibe: still only 17 but he also looks strong...yet to score for us.
strength:
weakness:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Empty Re: Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years???

Post by Art Morte Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:52 pm

Ibe seems more direct and perhaps more ready. At least last season Sterling lost the ball too many times because he clearly kept on doing the same things that have worked for him in youth and reserve games, but weren't good enough for the Premier League.

On the other hand I've seen very little of Ibe. I hope that both of them get some appearances, but I've got a hunch that Ibe would be better.

Edit. I didn't answer whom I think will be better in a few years, I just don't know at all, but right now they both seem promising but maybe Ibe a little bit more so. Ideally one of them would be sent on loan, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years??? Empty Re: Ibe vs Sterling !! After 3 years???

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:01 pm

Before Sterling got his break, Ibe was considered as the better prospect. And seeing them both this pre-season, I cannot deny that. Technically more mature than Sterling.

Sterling
Strength(s): Pace
Weakness(es): Decision making in final third

Ibe
Strength(s): Pace, strength, powerful shot
Weakness(es): can't deduce as of yet, needs more first team action

All I can say is we have two great prospects and a manager who knows how to use them.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:41 pm

Nice thread Thumbs up

As of right now I'm inclined to say Ibe is the better prospect from the short time we've seen him in the first team.
Decision Making:
One thing that absolutely amazes me is that he never makes the wrong choice. Unlike, Sterling, Ibe never runs himself into trouble with his dribbling. He dribbles when he knows he can beat his man and put in a good cross. He pulls it back and makes the simple pass when that's the better option. His decision making at 17 is absolutely amazing.

Vedict: Ibe

Physicality:
Sterling is amazingly fast. Ibe is amazingly fast. I personally think from what we've seen that Sterling is the quickest guy on the team but no one can sit here and argue that Ibe isn't just as quick. But I think that's where the comparison stops. Ibe is built like a tank for his age. Seeing him shield the ball from grown man like it's no problem is really impressive. Sterling on the other hand, has a very weak torso and core strength. His speed has bailed him out on many occasions but every time he's had to go full on shoulder to shoulder with anyone he's lost.

Verdict: Ibe

Finishing:
This one is way too early to tell. Sterling finished the one on one to to perfection against Preston. And his two goals last season were both peaches. However he missed so many good chances last season it was embarrassing. Ibe on the other hand, hasn't really gotten one v one opportunity to showcase his composure in front of goal so it's hard to judge. His goal against Preston though was beautifully placed.

Verdict: Tie

It's too early to tell how good both are tactically, technically both look at around the same level. Work ethic seems to be high for both as they both love to run. Passing and Vision is still much too early to tell.

So going by all this atm I think Ibe just edges it. I also think he's got the higher ceiling. We'll see. Future looks bright. YNWA
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:01 am

Ibe is better built than Sterling so can impress more against the PL sides. He also has a better shot on him.

But Raheem is better for me. I don't know, it's just something around him. I feel this pre-season has been sort of 'equal' in performances compared against each other, and I've seen a lot more of Sterling as he was in the first team last year. It's definitely a healthy competition at the club, and I think those two compliment each other well on each wing.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:48 am

Agreed, Even i think Raheem has something more to him.

Basically Ibe has better decision making, Raheem has better dribbling ability. But Raheem just edges him.

I really hope we use both of them like Arsenal use Ox and Walcott.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:08 am

A 17 year old started regularly at an elite level and didn't look out of place. The amount of people that seem to think that means nothing is unbelievable
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:49 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:A 17 year old started regularly at an elite level and didn't look out of place. The amount of people that seem to think that means nothing is unbelievable

Sterling looked world class early in the season, but it's about doing it for the entire season which he wasn't ready for. Obviously BR needs to take his time with these prospects, we don't need them to be broken before their prime like Wilshere.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:18 pm

It's almost a shame that they're both wingers, thus competing for the same minutes. Wouldn't mind if other one was, say, a CM albino 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 am

I think we are lucky to have them both, because as already few people have suggested that their playing style is different and they seems to compliment each other. Whatever sterling does I appreciate that, although sometimes he looses the ball, he has that hunger to gain and develop his skills more and more. I remember reading his interview when he had signed the contract that he gets influenced by what suarez does on the pitch. Like in the last match, I remember that sometimes he would draw 2 or 3 players away with him creating space for others. I think he has to just learn how much to take on his own and when to involve his team mates.
Ibe, people have already explained.
It will be hard to pick up any one name but after three years I see Ibe outperforming sterling.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:36 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:A 17 year old started regularly at an elite level and didn't look out of place. The amount of people that seem to think that means nothing is unbelievable

What's your point?

Sterling did it at 17 and now Ibe is doing it at 17.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:31 am

Art Morte wrote:It's almost a shame that they're both wingers, thus competing for the same minutes. Wouldn't mind if other one was, say, a CM albino 

And get sold because they won't be able to oust out Lucas and Gerrard? :X

It's great that they're both wingers and can both play on either wing. I already rate the two higher than Stewart Downing...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:36 pm

Wouldn't mind seeing Sterling play on the shoulder, shown that he's a very good finisher. His goals against Reading, Sunderland, Preston and Notts County were all excellent.

McAgger wrote:
What's your point?

Sterling did it at 17 and now Ibe is doing it at 17.
Ibe hasn't started regularly at an elite level.

On the original point, I think we've been spoilt by the likes of Fowler and Owen, if players don't reach that standard instantly we tend to get annoyed far quicker than we should.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:37 am

Can't wait to see one these guys get some minutes in the league to see where they are at bounce
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:47 am

Art Morte wrote:Can't wait to see one these guys get some minutes in the league to see where they are at bounce

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:28 am

Sterling is still very inconsistent shooting.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:50 am

bump
looks like this season's winner is Sterling>>Ibe hmm (i know the comparison is unfair because Ibe never got an opportunity to perform on the pitch) but whatever Sterling is able to perform at the highest level

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 am

Oh lol, some psychic magic for you to bump this up right when I'm writing a thread for Ibe xD

Why didn't this thread show up when I searched with "Ibe"? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:06 am

well I searched for Sterling  albino 
a thread for Ibe hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:09 am

Don't call me James wrote:Nice thread Thumbs up

As of right now I'm inclined to say Ibe is the better prospect from the short time we've seen him in the first team.
Decision Making:
One thing that absolutely amazes me is that he never makes the wrong choice. Unlike, Sterling, Ibe never runs himself into trouble with his dribbling. He dribbles when he knows he can beat his man and put in a good cross. He pulls it back and makes the simple pass when that's the better option. His decision making at 17 is absolutely amazing.

Vedict: Ibe

Physicality:
Sterling is amazingly fast. Ibe is amazingly fast. I personally think from what we've seen that Sterling is the quickest guy on the team but no one can sit here and argue that Ibe isn't just as quick. But I think that's where the comparison stops. Ibe is built like a tank for his age. Seeing him shield the ball from grown man like it's no problem is really impressive. Sterling on the other hand, has a very weak torso and core strength. His speed has bailed him out on many occasions but every time he's had to go full on shoulder to shoulder with anyone he's lost.

Verdict: Ibe

Finishing:
This one is way too early to tell. Sterling finished the one on one to to perfection against Preston. And his two goals last season were both peaches. However he missed so many good chances last season it was embarrassing. Ibe on the other hand, hasn't really gotten one v one opportunity to showcase his composure in front of goal so it's hard to judge. His goal against Preston though was beautifully placed.

Verdict: Tie

It's too early to tell how good both are tactically, technically both look at around the same level. Work ethic seems to be high for both as they both love to run. Passing and Vision is still much too early to tell.

So going by all this atm I think Ibe just edges it. I also think he's got the higher ceiling. We'll see. Future looks bright. YNWA

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think we are lucky to have them both, because as already few people have suggested that their playing style is different and they seems to compliment each other. Whatever sterling does I appreciate that, although sometimes he looses the ball, he has that hunger to gain and develop his skills more and more. I remember reading his interview when he had signed the contract that he gets influenced by what suarez does on the pitch. Like in the last match, I remember that sometimes he would draw 2 or 3 players away with him creating space for others. I think he has to just learn how much to take on his own and when to involve his team mates.
Ibe, people have already explained.
It will be hard to pick up any one name but after three years I see Ibe outperforming sterling.

Nishy wrote:Agreed, Even i think Raheem has something more to him.

Basically Ibe has better decision making, Raheem has better dribbling ability. But Raheem just edges him.

I really hope we use both of them like Arsenal use Ox and Walcott.

Red Alert wrote:Ibe is better built than Sterling so can impress more against the PL sides. He also has a better shot on him.

But Raheem is better for me. I don't know, it's just something around him. I feel this pre-season has been sort of 'equal' in performances compared against each other, and I've seen a lot more of Sterling as he was in the first team last year. It's definitely a healthy competition at the club, and I think those two compliment each other well on each wing.

Art Morte wrote:Can't wait to see one these guys get some minutes in the league to see where they are at bounce

*bump*
few interesting quotes there :coffee:

hmm this thread was created almost two years ago. Now both of them are playing in the first team. In the remaining half of the season, it will be interesting to see who performs better. But Sterling already has so much of first team regular experience that it would be unfair to compare them directly. Sterling no doubt will have better stats. I hope Ibe will continue to grow and it would be nice he could be developed into a striker in next two seasons.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:56 pm

I find it quite amusing that both the players have 4-5 years before they can be considered 'matured'. Given their present level and hoping they keep up the good work; we looking at world-class players.

I hope they just maintain their physical & mental astuteness.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:01 pm

Jordon Ibe: "I’m coming back in to training early. I know I need to improve on every aspect of my game."

Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down