Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
REWB
McAgger
Lupi
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

who is the best play maker/regista in BPL - Page 2 Empty Re: who is the best play maker/regista in BPL

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 am

Surprised by the disrespect shown to Gerrard who was comfortably Liverpool's best midfielder last season and performed marvelously in a deep role on the whole, though I do feel that McAgger was a bit too dismissive of Allen. Having been forced to operate essentially as a DM whilst Lucas was injured, his opportunity to play his preferred position was essentially lost as Gerrard gradually established himself in his deeper role at Allen's expense, leaving Allen out in the cold without the opportunity to express himself fully until the time for experimentation was well and truly past as the season was well under way by the time of Lucas' return.

Carrick, Arteta and Gerrard are on a comparable level in my eyes; my choice as to who I would choose would likely come down to who I had available to surround them, with the dynamism of their colleagues differentiating between Carrick and Gerrard.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

who is the best play maker/regista in BPL - Page 2 Empty Re: who is the best play maker/regista in BPL

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:18 am

Rodgers brought in Allen to play the regista role for us because Gerrard at the time was viewed as the dynamic attacking midfielder, which he'd played most of his career. The thing that Brendan realized was that Gerrard didn't have the legs or physicality anymore required to succeed both offensively and defensively in that role. Nevertheless Stevie was still comfortably our best player in the squad but he just didn't fit that attacking role, so Rodgers moved to accommodate his strengths in the expense of Allen who as good as he was in the regista role just wasn't better than Gerrard at it.

Thing about Allen is that he's not as good as Gerrard in regista role, he's not as good as Lucas in the destroyer role, and he's not as good as Hendo in the dynamic attacking midfielder role. He's a great little player to have though in certain situation especially if retention of possession is required.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:21 am

InteristAli wrote:@McAgger can you explain to me how liverpool lineup in midfield if Lucas and gerrard play together. I was always under the impression that Lucas would be the regista in that pairing...

I believe that comment above answers this question as well Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:34 am

Allen was given little opportunity to really show his capabilities as a regista due to the lack of a proper back-up for Lucas, to be fair to him, as one needs time to adjust and grow into the role in a new team, however through no fault either of his own or Rogers, he did not have the luxury of such time. I do agree however that Liverpool didn't suffer from Gerrard's use ahead of him in such a deep lying role as his comfort on the ball, vision and experience truly came to the fore last season and he provided a very able complement to Lucas in the centre of the pitch. It was a mark of great footballing intelligence might I add to adapt so well to a relative physical decline and instead rely upon his technical and tactical ability. His influence as a player on the pitch remains too great to permit his relegation to the bench, which is a pity for Allen as the Welshman can't thrive in his presence, however as you said, he remains a useful player who Liverpool will do well to hold onto as maintaining quality depth will be paramount to establishing themselves in the top four again, eventually.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by InteristAli Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:38 am

so Lucas is the destroyer in that pair, thanks for clearing that up!
InteristAli
InteristAli
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:42 am

Gerrard and Carrick by miles smoking

Gerrard had an amazing season, but people seem to forget Carrick. In my opinion they are somewhere at the same level.

That pass at 10:38 Proud

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:27 pm

Gerrard is really a Jack off all trades, not a master of none, but a master of all. He's done very well in his new role.

Despite that I do think Carrick was better this season. Probably, the only midfielder that played well for us.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2