Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane

4 posters

Go down

Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane Empty Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:26 am

for past odd years Liverpool Manager's repeat the same mistakes it not fuuny any more, not buy the position's we are not strong in, over buy players in position's we strong in, fell in the squad with cheap buy's hope that good enough

Graeme Souness start the ball roll, we need some one to take over from Barnes & Beardsley, we had McManaman & Fowler to take over Rush & Houghton, so why was David Ginola & Matthew Le Tissier over look also Chris Woods,Des Walker,Stuart Pearce but no Souness fill the team some very bad players

Roy Evans did ok job but he to bought  some very bad buys

Gerard Houllier good Manager but oh my god he was so hit & miss with Transfers, El Hadji Diouf over Anelka

Rafa Benítez good Manager like Houllier , Rafa was obsessive build  spine of team throw money after money try to build the spine, he then little money buy in position's we need so need up buy cheap player hope they come good

Roy Hodgson lees said about him

Kenny Dalglish (2nd term) all i can say a kid in a sweet shop

Brendan Rodgers has he made us strong as XI or a squad, so far in my opinion a big let down

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think the next time Liverpool look for Manager there should a test of some kind
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane Empty Re: Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:39 am

Think Rodgers has done fine so far.

Rafael Benitez was definitely our best, if it wasn't for G+H he would of won us the league if given time imo.

Ged was great, but the French connection was a waste when he already had a Owen and Fowler and decided to bring the likes of Diouf and co into the squad. :facepalm: Did well in Europe, though. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane Empty Re: Are Liverpool Manager's over 20+ years insane

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:50 am

something-red wrote:Think Rodgers has done fine so far.

Rafael Benitez was definitely our best, if it wasn't for G+H he would of won us the league if given time imo.

Ged was great, but the French connection was a waste when he already had a Owen and Fowler and decided to bring the likes of Diouf and co into the squad. 🤦Did well in Europe, though. :coffee:

Managers go yes Gerard Houllier & Rafa Benítez are best we had in 20 odd years but try saymost of Transfers in 20 + has been poor,

have times been to pub before a match after a match/watch the match with friends/wright to friends say we only need 3 players for XI to take us back to top, it been same stoy for 20 + years, it not get funny any more
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:54 am

We've been a joke with transfers for a while. I think we're in the top 4 of the PL in terms of money spent.

Rafa was the best for us, but had to sell to buy.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 am

dam right we are a joke with are transfers, you have look at this year

Rodgers said a long lines we going get XI in fast so we gel with team, with weeks away from start of Season still no sign of XI  players but did end with few  squad players

were Tottenham have bought 3 XI players for 50m

and same story for past 20+ years
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:08 am

Tottenham haven't done any better. They've just signed squad players with the exception of Soldado as a first XI.

We have signed a first XI keeper in Mignolet.

We do need Eriksen. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:01 pm

Benitez did quite well.

We had no money when Hodgson was the manager, so I don't lay all the blame at his door, but yeah, some truly not-LFC-quality players were brought in.

King Kenny's problem seemed to be that he had been out of management since 2000 and it was as if he wasn't quite up-to-date about present-day player values and where to find bang for your buck, ending up over-paying for British players.

Rodgers, well, there's been improvement. Buying two of your previous players in Allen and Borini was very narrow-sighted and neither of them have lived up to their price tags either. But deals like Coutinho and Aspas are very positive. Although I want to see how the rest of this window goes with that £21m bid for Costa worrying news to me and our squad starting to look too attack-heavy.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:13 pm

He gave Joe Cole 100k a week.
He signed Poulsen at 60k a week.
Konchesky for around the same.

Let's just say he wasn't the greatest... luckily he didn't have much to spend. lol

Dalglish also didn't negotiate with anyone. Commolli (our DoF at the time) did all of that.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm

as wright this Brendan Rodgers pull out his hat 3 top XI players what need & in right position we need, we as fans forget every thing what been going on for 20+ years, we start talk win the Premier League

plese don't wake up this dream, as it much nice what going on now
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:43 pm

The only complaints I have about the managers talked about in last 20 years, the deals they did in the transfer window they were either ingnorant or obsessed with something or another, e.g. Ged with French blood and hence the choice of the players coming in were influenced by it.
The only manager who knew what exactly he was doing was Benitez. He knew how to balance the team, what we needed, he knew what any signing would provide us with.

Initially I thought BR would also fit into the same bracket as discussed in first para. Because he signed Allen and Borini first....later he went for sturridge, all the players whom he had worked with. But I was wrong about it as seen in the last Jan window and this window. The reason may be that current transfeer comittee had nothing to do with Allen and Borini. But later all the signings were influnced/directed by our current transfer comittee.

I think toure and aspas were very shrewed signings of the summer. Another important one was Mignolet. Only questionable signing is Alberto which can be judged later.
So till now we have signed 8 players under BR (excluding Assaidi), out of those two (Cou and Sturridge) are already impressive enough, Allen will come good, Borini I am not sure what we will get from him(?????????), Toure is a strong back up third choice defender who can surely do job for us even as starter, Aspas has shown glimpses of what talent he is, Mignolet we can not question this signing at least now because he has been signed acording to his performances for previous club. So I will wait till Jan to correctly judge BR

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:41 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:The only complaints I have about the managers talked about in last 20 years, the deals they did in the transfer window they were either ingnorant or obsessed with something or another, e.g. Ged with French blood and hence the choice of the players coming in were influenced by it.
The only manager who knew what exactly he was doing was Benitez. He knew how to balance the team, what we needed, he knew what any signing would provide us with.

Initially I thought BR would also fit into the same bracket as discussed in first para. Because he signed Allen and Borini first....later he went for sturridge, all the players whom he had worked with. But I was wrong about it as seen in the last Jan window and this window. The reason may be that current transfeer comittee had nothing to do with Allen and Borini. But later all the signings were influnced/directed by our current transfer comittee.

I think toure and aspas were very shrewed signings of the summer. Another important one was Mignolet. Only questionable signing is Alberto which can be judged later.
So till now we have signed 8 players under BR (excluding Assaidi), out of those two (Cou and Sturridge) are already impressive enough, Allen will come good, Borini I am not sure what we will get from him(?????????), Toure is a strong back up third choice defender who can surely do job for us even as starter, Aspas has shown glimpses of what talent he is, Mignolet we can not question this signing at least now because he has been signed acording to his performances for previous club. So I will wait till Jan to correctly judge BR

would not call Benitez knew how to balance the team

he spent 79m on Striker's

he spent about 58m on centre midfield

the rest of his buys were free or up to 6m,

vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down