neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 9 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Casciavit Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:11 pm

When will Messi make his comeback?

Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 9 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by free_cat Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:18 pm

Probably vs Elche.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:40 pm

alexjanosik wrote:As usual,the hate towards Rosell and co is over the top.
I think faus's comments are being blown out of proportion.He was probably asked whether Messi would be offered a new contract given that CR had just been offered one.He replied that since Messi just renewed,they werent thinking of renewing him again yet.He is perfectly right in that regard and the club and the board is under no obligation whatsoever to offer Messi a new contract.
free says that a derogatory term was used.If so,thats wrong but otherwise Faus is completely right.

What worries me more is Messi's defiant statements.The vehemence of his statements indicates to me that he is indeed looking for a new contract and is upset that the club hasnt offered him one yet.As I said before he is no position to demand a contract now.If he wants a better contract than CR,then he must kindly offer up as much of his image rights as CR does.Otherwise he can just shut up and get on with it.Nobody is bigger than the club and we cant allow him to blackmail us.
I'm not sure how good your Spanish is but you ought to give the Faus' comments a listen. It's not what he says that is outrageous, it's his tone. He talks about Messi as if he were some spoiled brat with utter contempt in his voice, when Messi didn't even ask for a raise.

Messi reacted strongly in part because he was defending his father. Once the press came out against his father once again he had no choice but to comment harshly and support him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:41 am

You are probably right BC.But I still believe that fundamentally the board and Faus are right that Messi doesnt deserve a new contract as he just resigned.
You are probably right that Messi didnt ask for a raise.But the vehemence in his statements makes me think otherwise.Maybe he was just defending his father but I am not entirely sure.

Anyway,they are both adults.They should talk it out amongst themselves.It is most certainly not advisable to sack a VP who is making us a ton of money.At this rate we are well on our way to challenging Madrid as a global brand.
So the best course of action as far as the club is concerned is for the two to talk it out and bury the hatchet.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:44 am

free_cat wrote:Lame Alex with his anti Messi campaign.

Messi is rightly upset with Faus. Those comments from Faus were uncalled and made him look like a money whore when he didn't even ask for a new contract and with a derogatory tone. No one is bigger than the club, bit Rosell and Faus are not the club either and Messi can rightly defend himself from those stupid comments.

Rosell board, alienating every Barcelona legend since 2010.

I dont have an anti Messi agenda.Certainly not anymore than you have an anti Xavi,anti Alves or anti Alexis agenda.And I think the lame comment is uncalled for man..
I just think Messi has gotten a bit too powerful at the club.He cant question the entire board in public.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:06 am

alexjanosik wrote:You are probably right BC.But I still believe that fundamentally the board and Faus are right that Messi doesnt deserve a new contract as he just resigned.
You are probably right that Messi didnt ask for a raise.But the vehemence in his statements makes me think otherwise.Maybe he was just defending his father but I am not entirely sure.

Anyway,they are both adults.They should talk it out amongst themselves.It is most certainly not advisable to sack a VP who is making us a ton of money.At this rate we are well on our way to challenging Madrid as a global brand.
So the best course of action as far as the club is concerned is for the two to talk it out and bury the hatchet.

When the club has renewed Messi every year, it's absurd to come public and say he doesn't deserve a new contract because he signed one last season.

Also Faus is not making us a ton o money. His job is much less impressive than that of our previous Financial directors who tripled our revenue.

And don't make me laugh, I don't have an agenda vs Alves or Xavi. I had one vs Alexis but after Madrid's goal I'm a lover now.

I just say things as I see them and the truth is that Xavi is overplayed and barely decides any games now and that Alves is less dangerous than he used to be in attack.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 am

Yeah Messi cant question the board in public, but some one from board can question his moral ground, look him like a money hunter.....
Because the club helped him to grow as the best player he can never question him, but the board can take advantage of this through stupid immature comments. If they renewed his contract over last few years thats because they felt it should be.because he earned it. Do you think they would do this have he been an under performer or so. so don make it like only he had been well treated by the board. rather he always paid it back as well. it was done both way.
Now if they feel a renew is unnecessary there were ways to respond to. as in your voice they are "adult", the first person certainly did not behave like that. and so there is nothing harm to respond to it.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:14 pm

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:You are probably right BC.But I still believe that fundamentally the board and Faus are right that Messi doesnt deserve a new contract as he just resigned.

When the club has renewed Messi every year, it's absurd to come public and say he doesn't deserve a new contract because he signed one last season.

Also Faus is not making us a ton o money. His job is much less impressive than that of our previous Financial directors who tripled our revenue.

And don't make me laugh, I don't have an agenda vs Alves or Xavi. I had one vs Alexis but after Madrid's goal I'm a lover now.

I just say things as I see them and the truth is that Xavi is overplayed and barely decides any games now and that Alves is less dangerous than he used to be in attack.

Yeah right.Of course you dont have an agenda against Xavi,Alves and Alexis.Must have imagined you criticizing Alexis recently after he played brilliantly.Oh right,I dint imagine it.You did criticize him.
And sure you dont have an agenda against Alves.Must have also imagined you comparing Montoya to Alves.Comparing that scrub Montoya to the GOAT RB that is Alves.Thats right.I didnt imagine that one either.

And please cut the nonsense on tripling revenue.It might work on some newbie but not on me.You know as well as I do that its far far easier to increase revenue at an exponential pace when the club is largely untapped with a huge amount of potential than it is now when we have revenue comparable to Madrid's.
At that time we were underachieving and had a lot of unrealized potential.Laporata came in with smart aides(one of whom was Rosell) and helped build our brand.The signing of Ronaldinho(which Rosell had a huge hand in) signalled our resurgence.Now we have realized almost all of that unfulfilled potential.Its much much harder to increase revenue now.
But you are so blinded by your love for laporta and hate for Rosell that you probably believe Laporta could come in and magically triple our revenue to 1.5 billion.Gte real man.

Of course Rosell and Faus have done a great great job financially.Or I must have imagined the best ever shirt sponsorship deal by a club.Part of the deal also includes Barca colored planes from Qatar Airways which is a great and innovative way to build our brand.
I must also have imagined the recent inner shirt sponsorship deal with Intel.I must also have imagined the Neymar signing who is going to be face of football for the next decade and that too right under Perez's noses.Great way to further our brand.
Like I said,by the time Rosell and Faus step down,we will most probably challenge Madrid as a global brand.They have done a phenomenal job on the financial side of things.
You may hate Rosell all you want(there are plenty of legitimate reasons to) but claiming that Faus and by extension Rosell have not done splendid financially is just revisionist BS propagnada on your part.You know it and I know it.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:17 pm

On Messi,the club renewed Messi every year because he earned it through performances.Performances he has not been able to put in this season because of injury.He can come back,perform and justifiably get a better contract.But the club is under no obligation whatsoever to offer him a better contract just because CR got a better one(especially taking into account that he renewed recently).

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:28 pm

I wont get in on the debate too much, but the one thing I cant help but say is it doesnt sit well with me that Messi is saying someone should lose their job.

Like, how is that his decision to make?

I am not saying Messi is wrong to say that, his opinion could be spot on as far as im concerned, but as I said, it just doesnt sit well that a player he saying who should be fired. Thats not his call and saying it, puts a certain pressure on things.

Now, isnt it like, Barca have to fire the guy/or he steps down or they are "taking his side"? It feels like that, maybe thats just me IDK.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:41 pm

Precisely.He has gotten a bit too powerful and him making these statements is just an extension of that.And you are damn right about the putting pressure thing.Now Rosell is under pressure to fire Faus else he will be seen as taking Faus's side against Messi and then face the public backlash.
Just not Messi's decision to make on who should be fired.That is the president's prerogative and by extension the members of the clubs.

The sensible course of action would have been for him to talk it out with Faus and Rosell.Then maybe make a joint statement that it was all a misunderstanding and that they will in time discuss a contract.Now that he has spoken out,he is forcing Rosell's hand to get Faus fired.Rosell is also now under pressure to offer a new bumper contract.I hope he does neither.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Wasn't it Faus that also attacked Guardiolas character when he left the club?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:I wont get in on the debate too much, but the one thing I cant help but say is it doesnt sit well with me that Messi is saying someone should lose their job.

I am not saying Messi is wrong to say that, his opinion could be spot on as far as im concerned, but as I said, it just doesnt sit well that a player he saying who should be fired. Thats not his call and saying it, puts a certain pressure on things.

Now, isnt it like, Barca have to fire the guy/or he steps down or they are "taking his side"? It feels like that, maybe thats just me IDK.

I cant disagree a bit.....But then again anything if started thats by that stupid comment of faus.
Being a vice president of such a club you should know how to speak publicly about one of his players....
media will make rumors and ask you many issues that does not exist. But if you don use little brain then here is what it is....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:26 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Precisely.He has gotten a bit too powerful and him making these statements is just an extension of that.And you are damn right about the putting pressure thing.Now Rosell is under pressure to fire Faus else he will be seen as taking Faus's side against Messi and then face the public backlash.
Just not Messi's decision to make on who should be fired.That is the president's prerogative and by extension the members of the clubs.

The sensible course of action would have been for him to talk it out with Faus and Rosell.Then maybe make a joint statement that it was all a misunderstanding and that they will in time discuss a contract.Now that he has spoken out,he is forcing Rosell's hand to get Faus fired.Rosell is also now under pressure to offer a new bumper contract.I hope he does neither.
What else has he said that we should not treat this as an isolated incident?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:04 pm

neuro11 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I wont get in on the debate too much, but the one thing I cant help but say is it doesnt sit well with me that Messi is saying someone should lose their job.

I cant disagree a bit.....But then again anything if started thats by that stupid comment of faus.
Being a vice president of such a club you should know how to speak publicly about one of his players....
media will make rumors and ask you many issues that does not exist. But if you don use little brain then here is what it is....

From what I understand of the situation, Faus is completely wrong to say what he said, or at least how he said. I dont know why the subject needed addressing in any fashion, so he is wrong for creating this situation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Yeah right.Of course you dont have an agenda against Xavi,Alves and Alexis.Must have imagined you criticizing Alexis recently after he played brilliantly.Oh right,I dint imagine it.You did criticize him.
And sure you dont have an agenda against Alves.Must have also imagined you comparing Montoya to Alves.Comparing that scrub Montoya to the GOAT RB that is Alves.Thats right.I didnt imagine that one either.

And please cut the nonsense on tripling revenue.It might work on some newbie but not on me.You know as well as I do that its far far easier to increase revenue at an exponential pace when the club is largely untapped with a huge amount of potential than it is now when we have revenue comparable to Madrid's.
At that time we were underachieving and had a lot of unrealized potential.Laporata came in with smart aides(one of whom was Rosell) and helped build our brand.The signing of Ronaldinho(which Rosell had a huge hand in) signalled our resurgence.Now we have realized almost all of that unfulfilled potential.Its much much harder to increase revenue now.
But you are so blinded by your love for laporta and hate for Rosell that you probably believe Laporta could come in and magically triple our revenue to 1.5 billion.Gte real man.

Of course Rosell and Faus have done a great great job financially.Or I must have imagined the best ever shirt sponsorship deal by a club.Part of the deal also includes Barca colored planes from Qatar Airways which is a great and innovative way to build our brand.
I must also have imagined the recent inner shirt sponsorship deal with Intel.I must also have imagined the Neymar signing who is going to be face of football for the next decade and that too right under Perez's noses.Great way to further our brand.
Like I said,by the time Rosell and Faus step down,we will most probably challenge Madrid as a global brand.They have done a phenomenal job on the financial side of things.
You may hate Rosell all you want(there are plenty of legitimate reasons to) but claiming that Faus and by extension Rosell have not done splendid financially is just revisionist BS propagnada on your part.You know it and I know it.

If Montoya does something better than Alves, I can say that and I will. And he does, unless you are blind for some reason. Same way I will say if Alexis does something bad and is getting excessive praise. But I don't have any agenda against them now (I had vs. Alexis as I admit). However you criticizing Messi every time you come in... that kinda looks like an agenda.

On the financial matter, you are way off. First, Qatar Sponsorship is not the best ever as you claim. It's not a very good deal when you consider Barça had never, ever, sold our shirt for a 100 years. It was a big capital that they destroyed for peanuts. It's even questionable if we had to sell it. The Intel deal is nice (5 milion), but with Laporta we had a 7,5 milion deal with Turkish Arilines that wasn't even in the shirt (had to be broken cause of the Qatar deal), so not really that impressive again. Rosell's financial policy is not brilliant, it's based in selling everything they can to advertisement for modest prives. Under Laporta, we had less sponsors but each of them paid more, and we kept some important traditions that made us special and made our brand more powerful than it is now. And all of this while the team always mantained it's levels or was rebuilt if it had to (in 2008).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:10 pm

alexjanosik wrote:On Messi,the club renewed Messi every year because he earned it through performances.Performances he has not been able to put in this season because of injury.He can come back,perform and justifiably get a better contract.But the club is under no obligation whatsoever to offer him a better contract just because CR got a better one(especially taking into account that he renewed recently).

If the Club renewed Messi every year, a board member saying you can't renew him after a new contract last season... when he approved past renewals every year......it's just stupid.

It's not only CR getting a better contact, but Neymar getting 40 milions when signed plus his salary.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:50 am

Its funny to see there are even some Barca fans that eat the media garbage that Messi has a demand for a offer of a better contract just because CR got a better one... there is nothing more painful than to see Marca's propaganda succeeding. I can understand why all of a sudden the "Mr. Sad" is happy now.....They can do everything for him

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 pm

At the time it was the best shirt sponsorship deal and I am sure it still is.None of the other major clubs have renewed.So no it was not for peanuts.And no there is no premium for never having done it before.No company is going to pay extra just because we had never had a sponsor before.And no it was not for peanuts.

The Intel deal is also a very good one.Its the first of its kind for a big club and I doubt another club will be able to get more from a similar deal.

And you must be joking when you claim that we were a more powerful brand back in 2008.By any which parameter we are a far more powerful brand now.Also how convenient of you to ignore the Neymar signing altogether.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:10 pm

alexjanosik wrote:At the time it was the best shirt sponsorship deal and I am sure it still is.None of the other major clubs have renewed.So no it was not for peanuts.And no there is no premium for never having done it before.No company is going to pay extra just because we had never had a sponsor before.And no it was not for peanuts.

The Intel deal is also a very good one.Its the first of its kind for a big club and I doubt another club will be able to get more from a similar deal.

And you must be joking when you claim that we were a more powerful brand back in 2008.By any which parameter we are a far more powerful brand now.Also how convenient of you to ignore the Neymar signing altogether.

Manchester United has a better deal than us and so does Madrid when you factor in that Qatar deal meant losing a 7,5 milion a year sponsor, involves several friendlies, advertising inside and outside of the stadium, shirt, training shirt and clinics in Qatar by Barcelona players, the deal is  much less succulent than many others.

I'm happy with their signing of Neymar, but I'm also unhappy on how poorly are their sales and the fact that our team is becoming poorer every week.

I never said our brand was best in 2008, but surely it was in 2010, that is when Laporta left. Since then, downhil.

Intel deal, nothing special when we had better paying sponsors for not even being in/on the shirt.

Anyway, the point here is that a VP shouldn't annoy in public one of our players over a contractual matter, and much less when it's our main star in history. Messi just defended himself and yes, he attacked a little bit Faus, but deservedly so because he proved not to be good enough. And Messi didn't ask for Faus to be fired, just for Barcelona to have the best directors. So Faus can either resign, or appologize and try to give his best and improve.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:50 pm

Toure and Aguero urge Barca star Messi to join them at Man City

And speaking to beIN Sport, Toure said: 'If Messi can leave Barca? To come to us, yes! I want to say yes! At Barcelona, there is always one star. One. Two is not possible.

'With the recent injury to Messi and the off-the-field problems that he is having at the moment, and with Neymar gradually getting promoted, it is complicated for him [Messi], for sure.'

While Messi's Argentina strike partner Aguero told the Manchester Evening News: 'Yes, he should come to City. Then we’ll definitely play together! City should buy him!'
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:16 pm

bullshit!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:15 am

Laughing this report
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:07 pm

free_cat wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:At the time it was the best shirt sponsorship deal and I am sure it still is.None of the other major clubs have renewed.So no it was not for peanuts.And no there is no premium for never having done it before.No company is going to pay extra just because we had never had a sponsor before.And no it was not for peanuts.

Manchester United has a better deal than us and so does Madrid when you factor in that Qatar deal meant losing a 7,5 milion a year sponsor, involves several friendlies, advertising inside and outside of the stadium, shirt, training shirt and clinics in Qatar by Barcelona players, the deal is  much less succulent than many others.

I'm happy with their signing of Neymar, but I'm also unhappy on how poorly are their sales and the fact that our team is becoming poorer every week.

I never said our brand was best in 2008, but surely it was in 2010, that is when Laporta left. Since then, downhil.

Intel deal, nothing special when we had better paying sponsors for not even being in/on the shirt.

Anyway, the point here is that a VP shouldn't annoy in public one of our players over a contractual matter, and much less when it's our main star in history. Messi just defended himself and yes, he attacked a little bit Faus, but deservedly so because he proved not to be good enough. And Messi didn't ask for Faus to be fired, just for Barcelona to have the best directors. So Faus can either resign, or appologize and try to give his best and improve.

As far as I am aware only United's deal is better and that has still to come into affect.
Besides you have to take into account that for the first 2 years,Qatar Foundation was on the shirt.It was a sneaky way for Rosell to get us a sponsor.Thats one of the reasons it might seem a little on the low side to you.Its a five year deal with 2 years of Qatar Foundation.So a very good deal imo.I dont know about us having to play friendlies but it goes both ways.Qatar Airways is also helping propagate our brand. I mentioned the Barca colored planes.
And no,our brand was never the best in 2010.It was and always has been United and Madrid.But we are catching up fast.By any stretch,our brand is far more powerful and known today than it was in 2010.
I also dont see how our team is becoming poorer.Our revenue is increasing and rivals Madrid's.We are running profits now and the debt is coming down.Our finacial situation has improved since 2010.
This will be last post on the subject as we seem to be going nowhere.

On Messi,dont think Faus did anything to annoy Messi.Anyway seems as if,Rosell has caved in.I read that Messi is going to be offered a new contract.Just goes to show that he is becoming far too powerful.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:16 pm

Rosell said that 'The best player in the world should be the best paid player in the world' a few days before Messi's tirade. It's likely something that was going to happen anyway.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jugster Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:18 am

The Making of Messi - new Sky doc

jugster
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next