neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 33 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Thimmy Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:57 pm

Change the thread title to «The Missya».

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 33 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by danyjr Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:18 pm

SE QUEDA :bow: :bow: :bow:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:41 pm

After all of that, he stays. Incredibly stupid from Barto to make him stay.
Was expecting a clearout similar to 2008. With all of the seniors including Messi being shown the door. Instead, lot might end up staying.
Expect the same old one dimensional, boring on the backfoot, defending for our lives 90 mins football next season.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:09 am

Glad that he is staying... leaving like this would be bad for his profile. Also, Good to see him clarifying a lot of things. All his explanations made sense.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:31 am

I think Messi did what some of you wanted him to do. He also wanted to leave and give young players a chance. He admitted that its difficult for him in trainings and on the pitch. He thought it was time to go before losing love of the fans. He said it all in his interview. But the club and la liga didnt let him go. Its not just about football, it was a political decision. So blaming Messi after all of this is not the right thing to do

Also he is not some of the best players in the club history. He is the club's and la liga's greatest player ever. Comparing his situation to Ronaldinho's exit is wrong.
Plus Dinho was on top for 3 years and while he was on top Messi already outshined him. So making Messi the main man was not something special.any coach or any president would do it. It was an easy decision.
But atm there is no player to replace messi. So its a though situation and situation like this never happened. Milan selling Maldini or Roma selling Totti is close but this man is not just a club legend, he was world's best for 12 years and broke every record in this team. Its like Santos selling Pele.
Ronaldinho's exit doesnt even come close
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:18 pm

alexjanosik wrote:After all of that, he stays. Incredibly stupid from Barto to make him stay.
Was expecting a clearout similar to 2008. With all of the seniors including Messi being shown the door. Instead, lot might end up staying.
Expect the same old one dimensional, boring on the backfoot, defending for our lives 90 mins football next season.

This was always going to be the case with Koeman, from what all his past clubs' fans say

And yeah Bart should've let him go, but it was political for him. Forcing him to stay is a political 'win' for him, even if he has little chance for re-election.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:22 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:After all of that, he stays. Incredibly stupid from Barto to make him stay.

This was always going to be the case with Koeman, from what all his past clubs' fans say

And yeah Bart should've let him go, but it was political for him. Forcing him to stay is a political 'win' for him, even if he has little chance for re-election.

He is a defensive coach but one got the feeling that he was brought in to be the hatchet man and get rid of the seniors. Instead, all of them look like staying.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:12 am

Not only will we not get rid of several seniors (Busi, Pique, Alba), but we also managed to sign one in Pjanic (30) and are on the verge of signing another in Wijnaldum, also 30 years old. At least Busi will be permanently benched, I guess...

At least we got rid of Rakitic. Vidal and Suarez are the least of our problems, though they're also one foot out the door.

No replacement in sight for Pique and Alba. Except Gaya maybe, I've seen one rumor.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:09 pm

I saw some transfer rumor about umtiti too. selling him would be stupid without adding new players

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:00 pm

Im really concerned about our midfield. We would NEED to get Wijnaldum, and even then we would just have like 6 to play with the season? That includes Roberto and Puig and Busquets. Top 4 level lol. If we dont get Wijnaldum, we might lose out even that, unless MEssi has another great year...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Setien on Messi Proud

Spoiler:
https://elpais.com/deportes/2020-10-31/quique-setien-en-el-barca-no-fui-yo-no-pude-o-no-supe.html

Del Bosque: You have trained Barcelona, who also have Messi. And you go to your first day and say that for it is a mark of pride to train the world's best player...

Quique Setien: It's because I think Messi is the best player of all times. There have been other great players that have been incredibly good, but no one else has the consistency that this lad has shown over the years. Perhaps Pele... I told him one day that I've been waiting 15 years to play against Barca to watch him.

Leo is difficult to manage. Who am I to change him? They've accepted him as he is for years and no one has changed him.

DB: Did you speak much with Messi? What about the looks?

QS: There's another aspect of him that's not the player and it's more complicated to manage. Much more. Something inherent in a lot of sports players like you see in the Michael Jordan documentary The Last Dance. You see things that you do not expect.

DB: A manager friend of mine that coached Atletico told me about a case with a player where it was "him or me". I told him that he would get fired. Typically, the player is more settled than the coach.

QS: He keeps to himself, but he makes you see the things he wants you to see. He doesn't speak much. He does pay attention... After leaving I realized that at certain points I should have made different decisions, but there's one thing that is above you: the club. And it's above the president, the player, the coach. It's the clubs and the fans. And you owe them the most respect and have to do the most convenient thing for the entity. There's millions of people that think that Messi, or any other player, is more important than the club or the coach. This player, like many others in the team, have lived 14 years winning it all.

DB: So the Tata Martino quote the he told Mesi - "I know that if you call the president you can get me fired at any moment, but you don't remind me every day" - fits perfectly. Do you regret not telling him something like that?

QS: Yes, I've heard that phrase and others. I don't need anyone to tell me what Martino or others said. I've lived it. I've had enough experiences to know exactly what the character of Messi and his teammates are.

DB: "It speaks well of you how you speak of him, and that you still call him the best of all times. The most important thing in team sports, rather than other sports, is that there must be generosity. And if the greatest ones are the most generous we will will the most. If, for example, one day you decide to take Messi off at the half because the match is finished and give another player some appreciation, that's the generosity that must exist within the team. If one doesn't have it... "

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:23 pm

So it’s finally over. I’ll miss the little man I wish I could’ve seen him one more time in Barca shirt live but it was meant to be.

At the end it’s the right decision our financial situation is bad getting his money off will at least lessen a small burden, wish him the best unless we go up against him.

Now excuse me while I go cry for a bit.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:50 pm

Not quite a sad about it as last year, have had some time to get used to it. But such a shame it ended this way.

Excited to see Barca enter a new phase though.

Also what must Kun be thinking? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:29 pm

Not sure if I am prepared to send tributes his way until he is finally in another shirt. The initial statement Barca made, seemed more like a threat than a legit announcement, firmly putting the ball into La Liga's court. But after watching the Laporta press conference, it seems far more likely this is the end.

It is a shame he couldnt have farewell he deserves. It is also a shame he isnt 2 years older (dont mistake this for me suggesting I would like to wait 2 more years for this to happen) and further past his best.

But this is needed, in financial terms, but also on the pitch. This club should have hit the reset button long ago.

He wants to win another Champions League, well it was not happening here, with or without him. So if indeed he is sad with the news, he should see the bright side eventually.

Again, I will wait to see him in a PSG (or whoever) shirt before I start the eulogies and tributes.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:17 pm

What I don't understand is, can't Laliga/Barca negotiate the deal with CVC at all? Or better yet, seek out another investor with better terms? There is still time before the transfer deadline, so why call it over now?

Laporta said in the press conference that the deal gives up too many rights for the next 50 years of the club and they can't take it. Tebas tweeted at him during the conference saying that they aren't really giving up rights for 50 years, so obviously Laliga is doing what they can for Barca to retain Messi, but I'm wondering why its the current CVC deal or nothing.

Here's Tebas' tweet translated to English:

Hello
@JoanLaportaFCB
You know that the CVC operation does not mortgage the TV rights of the
@FCB
50 years, what it does is that they have more value for all the clubs and so you can MORTGAGE your BANKS and solve the great debt. So you understood hours ago.
#Solution

Then he tweeted this:

You said recently that we were broke. Now that we are valued at 24,250M and there is access to partners TO GROW, you are worried about the future income of LaLiga that you gave up for dead. It is proven that you were wrong. It seems that the young people are going to see us.
@JoanLaportaFCB
?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Not sure about the details, but clearly its just about the top ppl fighting over who gets the money or the promise of money. Its so sad but it has meant that Messi who wanted to leave last summer couldnt and were forced to stay essentially, but now seemingly he wants to stay but then is forced to move out ffs, how fked up is that? LOL?!

From a Barca's fan POV its sad to see him go, but from a Messi fan POV one should be happy for him, he wont be suffering from the horrible management anymore and affecting the football he plays due to the team being affected. If he does go to PSG he would be happy I imagine since they are really continuingly building up, and obviously has the financial power and players needed to win the CL for him again. Its not perfect at PSG being in a weaker league and prolly having too many stars, but just imagining Messi+Neymar+Mbappe+Di Maria, etc. Ffs, I would be an instant fan Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:26 am

This might be an unpopular post...  but I think the cycle of Messi at Barca was over for a couple of years now.  A financial rebuilding of the club was inevitable and I don't think that was possible with Messi's wages on the books without disastrous sporting results.

Now, you can actually clean up your books without gutting the roster.

It's hard to lose one of the best players who ever lived.

Self-inflicted situation grant you.  Barca should never have been in this situation.  But you are and there's no point being in denial.  Your president was at least courageous enough to accept it.

THAT SAID, how could you not sell Messi ffs.  Let him go for free?  That would have solved a lot of problems quickly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:38 am

sportsczy wrote:This might be an unpopular post...  but I think the cycle of Messi at Barca was over for a couple of years now.  A financial rebuilding of the club was inevitable and I don't think that was possible with Messi's wages on the books without disastrous sporting results.

Self-inflicted situation grant you.  Barca should never have been in this situation.  But you are and there's no point being in denial.  Your president was at least courageous enough to accept it.

THAT SAID, how could you not sell Messi ffs.  Let him go for free?  That would have solved a lot of problems quickly.

Exactly. Messi became unsustainable a couple of years ago. It's just too much strain on the salary balance.
(this doesn't mean to deny that the Griezmann signing was the core blunder of the Bartomeu era)

He should have been sold last summer.

Now, this exit is a farce and horrible, but it's still inevitable.

I agree it was a courageous appearance by Laporta.

He himself found the right words.
He needed to "make a decision, not prolong the agony".
If that isn't clearly put, what else do you need to hear?

Time to look forward for Barca fans.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:56 am

Coutinho,Griezmann,dembele was the blunder, not messi tbh. These 3 signings were all not needed and extremely costly
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:14 am

Pre-Covid Messi always made more money for Barcelona than he got, it was sustainable. And bunch of sponsor contracts depended on Messi playing, why Barto didn't let Messi walk last season. But somehow Barto started giving stupid money to other players like Griezmany and Umtoto. Then Covid hit and even Messi became unsustainable, and now you're stuck with bunch of bums.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:22 am

His press conference is live in case anybody is interested.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:28 am

You know you're a legend when even fans of your most hated rival respect you.

Thanks for your amazing football. Thanks for helping give the world the greatest rivalry in football.

We will miss you in LaLiga. It will never be the same without you.

Good luck in Paris, legend!
'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 33 Captur22
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:This might be an unpopular post...  but I think the cycle of Messi at Barca was over for a couple of years now.  A financial rebuilding of the club was inevitable and I don't think that was possible with Messi's wages on the books without disastrous sporting results.

Unpopular among the majority for sure, but count me as one in total agreement.

Should have been done last season, at least. Shame there are still hangers on who need to join him in leaving the club.

But yes, totally agree.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:20 pm

What a fucking legend. The one player in barcelona I’ve always had a huge soft spot for, besides iniesta.

Technique and class that’s basically alien to this world. Just a brilliant footballer and at his peak the best of all time.

But the best thing about Leo is his humility and the way he carries himself. I wish nothing but the best for him and now I can really put some support behind him because he isn’t a cule (no offense guys, still love y’all)
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:35 pm

Now, it is clear he is leaving I am ready for the eulogy.

As someone who wanted this to happen even sooner, I have to admit it was still pretty difficult to watch the live press conference. I did feel a level of sadness for him and for us as even though it is the right thing to do it will be difficult to accept and especially in these circumstances.

I am mostly sad for him because he is not leaving in the ideal way and not on the terms he deserves. The cycle was over at least 2 seasons ago, we were not going to have a team to match our standards with or without him but I think after everything he should have gone out in the "right way". But unfortunately, it has not been possible. I have said more than once, I wish he was 2 or 3 years older and he could simply hang it up but the timing just isn't there.

Alas, he has had an unequal impact on this club. His debut feels like not so long ago to me but when you count the years and the titles amassed you realise just how long it has been and how much he has accomplished.

There are so many moments I will always remember, I don't even want to attempt to name them all.

Like all the greats, he is ultra competitive and it will be a tough day if we are forced to meet him in battle. Perhaps then he will receive the fans adoration in the stadium for a final time.

it is obvious this is the best player in our history and likely the best player who ever played. We were lucky to have him for the years we did and I consider myself very fortunate to have been around to see his career in its entirety.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Thank you for the memories. You have given us some incredible highs. Good luck in your next endeavor.
High praise Dani. I remember discussions long back when you used to say he was not the best and I used to think he was. Seems our views have changed lol. Hard for me to say he is the best. There are a few players I would pick over him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34  Next