Art Morte
Red Alert
McAgger
vegfootball
RedOranje
23 posters

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:26 pm

I will say get Eriksen, another experienced CB
In jan window, we can sign Hofmann too...i know this dortmund kid is too young, his full name is Jonas Hofmann. This guy is really a going to be big thing for Dortmund, probably in Germany too...already looks mature, link up play, pace, dribbling too, composure to finish.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III - Page 9 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Window 2013 Pt.III

Post by donttreadonred Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:36 am

RedOranje wrote:Last I heard, Ljajic was pretty set on moving to AC Milan.  Not sure we have the pull needed to turn his head if that's the case.
Milan does seem to be his preferred destination given the clubs in for him at the moment. What could possibly work in our favor is that some of the Italian journalists are under the impression that Fiorentina is absolutely desperate not to sell to Milan. Similar to our situation with Arsenal, I think Fiorentina sees Milan as one of their main competitors for the top 3 and CL.

Another interesting cog in this situation is how Fiorentina intend to play. At times last season, they played a 3-5-2 system with one of Toni and Ljajic alongside Jovetic. Over the summer they added Mario Gomez, and Giuseppe Rossi should be regaining form and fitness. Should those two be fit, they will almost certainly be first choice. Ljajic is a good player, but he's not better than an in-form Rossi at SS. The point here is that Fiorentina have a player already looking to go and isn't integral to their plans. If the rumored options of AC Milan (Fiorentina don't want to sell to), Fenerbache, and us are true, then I believe we can compete with Fenerbache. Once again, it could come down to another, more attractive club entering the race.

McAgger wrote:Ljajic would be really nice. I will forgive everyone for losing out Lamela if we get Ljajic and possible Griezmann in the future.
Griezmann is another fine shout, and did you see his goal against Lyon?!

The concern with Griezmann is consistency. I haven't gotten to watch him consistently in La Liga, but I've heard he can easily oscillate between hot and cold. One day he'll be brilliant, the next he disappears... (Honestly sounds a bit like Maxi in that regard.) I believe he's shown a quality that we could use. The only question is if he's consistent enough to do it on a weekly basis, and in a league where the pressure comes quicker and more physical.

Of course, Lamela is still my personal preference of attacking signing and has been since the end of last season (just ask Red). However, his situation seems a bit odd to me. All the journalists seem to be including lines something like "... and Tottenham are likely to add Lamela, as well," in any Tottenham story. The strange part is that no negotiations seem to be going on, and it's only ever mentioned as an afterthought. I can't quite tell if the links are genuine, or if much has been assumed due to Baldini's arrival at Tottenham.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:45 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I will say get Eriksen, another experienced CB
In jan window, we can sign Hofmann too...i know this dortmund kid is too young, his full name is Jonas Hofmann. This guy is really a going to be big thing for Dortmund, probably in Germany too...already looks mature, link up play, pace, dribbling too, composure to finish.
Heil: How do you see Eriksen fitting in?

I wanted him earlier in the window, too. However, that was under the impression that Rodgers wanted to revert to a more tradition 4-3-3 with Coutinho left, Sturridge central, and Suarez right.

That would leave Gerrard, Lucas, Allen and Henderson to pick from in the center. Eriksen would walk into the third slot in midfield (either as the 1 in a 2back-1up or part of the 2 in a 1back-2up). Moreover, it would allow us to rest Gerrard more often, playing either Henderson or Allen in his place depending on a specific opponent's weaknesses.

I suppose that we could still do this. However, it directly contradicts what Rodgers has stated as his plan for Coutinho. It might be possible to play Cou and Eriksen in the 2 of a 1-2, but I think we would need a far more physically imposing (and probably quicker too) DM than Lucas. For all his good qualities, I don't think Lucas is the right player for that midfield configuration.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:59 am

I think Cou in the center is still not done or decided. It looks like Gerrard being in the team most of the time we will look to 4-2-3-1, at least according to my understanding. During the match I still get a feeling that the formation is not really so rigid, sometimes it looks like 4-3-3 also.

Now my wish was putting Eriksen as 1 up and Lucas and gerrard as 2 back, off course coutinho on left. I guess cou will do better to start from the wing because as he will start playing in the center i think it will be somewhat easy for teams to shut him down, specially against coaches like Mou or benitez. So basically suppose eriksen, suarez and cou start together...what a creative, and full of flair attack it will be. Tbh, defensively i havent given much thought to it.

Another thing about Gerrard being rested, I had created another thread that we should use gerrard more efficiently and he can be rested in between. Also i think Gerrard is not there forever (reason: injury + age) so at least we can start looking to play someone else there. I am just saying to look...not completely replace as of yet.

Edit: more of a free role for Cou

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 am

Griezmann would cost 35 million, like all the Sociedad players if they're not willing to sell... which they are not right now. Illaramendi sale put cash in the bank.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:07 am

Now on to the new player we have all been crying about!

COME ON AYRE GET ON THE HARLEY MATE!!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:23 am

Liverpool are interested in Galatasaray midfielder Selçuk İnan according to Sporx.
Selcuk who????

LAME!!!!!!!!!! Razz 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:27 am

Fahim89 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/betclic-uk/football-killed-tancredi

Great podcast from Tancredi Palmeri talking in details regarding Transfers. He talks in great details about Suarez to Real. He strongly suggests that the deal might go through this window. Suggesting his sources to be similar to that of cracking the Ancelloti news (which he did pretty early in April).

So, interesting times ahead. . . hmm 
Ignore it. Just another journo with no real insight into Liverpool. Just like John Cross was certain Suarez would be joining Arsenal...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 am

Fahim89 wrote:
Liverpool are interested in Galatasaray midfielder Selçuk İnan according to Sporx.
Selcuk who????

LAME!!!!!!!!!! Razz 
Midfielder supposedly in the mold of Xavi, who's 28 already, with little sell-on value, and never played outside of Turkey? Not on our list of targeted positions, not young; I couldn't be more certain this rumor's false.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Henderson,Lucas,Gerrard are best central midfielder's there no one in the squad as good or better but Henderson need to be upgrade, so buy Eriksen would improve the XI team & help make the squad better
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:57 pm

On Andriy Yarmolenko and Setting Lines

tell me more
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:00 pm

We should just go with the Wenger style of thinking - Suarez is going to be like a new signing Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:01 pm

i live in a dream transfers window Mamadou Sakho, Christian Eriksen, Geoffrey Kondogbia,Andriy Yarmolenko
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:02 pm

McAgger wrote:We should just go with the Wenger style of thinking - Suarez is going to be like a new signing Proud
did you know we win more games with out Suarez
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:18 pm

vegfootball wrote:
McAgger wrote:We should just go with the Wenger style of thinking - Suarez is going to be like a new signing Proud
did you know we win more games with out  Suarez
Yeah I've heard that a million times. We've played 7 times without him under Rodgers in the PL.

vs. West Ham (3-2) Woeful performance. t'was such a shitty game that I don't even want to remember. We were dying to have someone like Suarez on the pitch that day. Jonjo as false 9 :facepalm:
vs. Newcastle (6-0) Battered NUFC team lead by the moronic Pardew whose tactics were outrageous that game. Plus now we had Coutinho and Sturrdige. Take away those 2 and we don't win (Suarez has only played with Coutinho and Studge around 5 times total, for the first 6 months under Rodgers we didn't have those 2, we were starting Downing and two teenagers as Suarez's attack partners.)
vs. Everton (0-0) Badly needed creativity as Coutinho was easily closed down and Sturridge was stranded up top by himself.
vs. Fulham (3-1) Again take away Coutinho and Sturridge and we don't win this game. Suarez never had the chance to play with those 2 for majority of his appearances under Rodgers.
vs. QPR (1-0) By far the worst team in the league. And take away Coutinho and Sturridge and again we don't win.
vs. Stoke (1-0) Mignolet saving us our blushes and again it's Cou-Studge that win us the game. I dare you tell me that Suarez wouldn't have helped us this match.
vs. Aston Villa (1-0) Same thing as above.

Point me out where we've had to play a top team there. The only decent team Everton and we draw the game. So you see my friend that stat is bullshit. Anybody that thinks we're better off without Suarez is an idiot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:54 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:https://soundcloud.com/betclic-uk/football-killed-tancredi

Great podcast from Tancredi Palmeri talking in details regarding Transfers. He talks in great details about Suarez to Real. He strongly suggests that the deal might go through this window. Suggesting his sources to be similar to that of cracking the Ancelloti news (which he did pretty early in April).

So, interesting times ahead. . . hmm 
Ignore it.  Just another journo with no real insight into Liverpool.  Just like John Cross was certain Suarez would be joining Arsenal...
Yea i know! Most of his rumors have gone lost. But the guy at times has come off good for Real thus i posted. & also the podcast was fun! Very Happy

Last edited by Fahim89 on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 pm

stevieg8 wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:
Selcuk who????

LAME!!!!!!!!!! Razz 
Midfielder supposedly in the mold of Xavi, who's 28 already, with little sell-on value, and never played outside of Turkey?  Not on our list of targeted positions, not young; I couldn't be more certain this rumor's false.
There is no logic in this rumors!!! Why would we be interested in a such a mould of player! Don't we have one of the best in the world in a similar role.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:58 pm

HORRIBLE NEWS DAY!!!! I'M GOING IN SUPER DEPRESSION MODE!!! Sad Sad 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:05 am

Fahim89 wrote:HORRIBLE NEWS DAY!!!! I'M GOING IN SUPER DEPRESSION MODE!!! Sad Sad 
Woah! Take a deep breath... What horrible news? Selcuk new is baseless, IMO. Unless we think he can play RAM, he's not coming in. Yarmolenko seems average to me. He could play a RW/RF role for us in a 4-3-3, but I doubt this one has much legs, either. Konoplyanka has been rumored, and he seems to fit a bit better than some others. He's a right-footed LW, if I'm not mistaken. Apparently he gave Glenjo fits the last time Ukraine played England, and he scored a belter.
Yevhen Konoplyanka Goal England vs Ukraine 0-1:

If we're going to continue with the current 4-2-2-2, which I believe only becomes more likely when Suarez is avaliable, we could be justified in going for another AM rather than a LW/LF. With this setup, Eriksen suddenly becomes another very good option. It would be a slight departure for him to take the RAM slot rather than a central position, but the attacking role would be similar. I'm not convinced he offers as much defensively as Hendo, though. Arda Turan (I know, I know... he's one that's always linked but will likely never come) could be another great option. The rumor was that he was available (not sure if player driven or club driven). He's potentially more of the typical AM/winger hybrid that we would be looking for to fill that slot.

Once again, it seems like the rhetoric coming out of the club is slightly different from what we're seeing on the pitch. That's not a complaint, mind. It's just an observation. Tbh, I would prefer that we say one thing in the press, make nice with the journos, and smile for the cameras, and then go do as we please behind the scenes. Maybe that would finally put Spurs far enough off the trail that they wouldn't poach as many signings.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:19 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Fahim89 wrote:HORRIBLE NEWS DAY!!!! I'M GOING IN SUPER DEPRESSION MODE!!! Sad Sad 
Woah! Take a deep breath... What horrible news?
As in there haven't been any rumors after the Willian thing fell through. Specially today has been specially dull ! !
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:24 am

still think we need a central goal score midfielder & right side goal score midfielder
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:06 am

McAgger wrote:
vegfootball wrote:
did you know we win more games with out  Suarez
Yeah I've heard that a million times. We've played 7 times without him under Rodgers in the PL.

vs. West Ham (3-2) Woeful performance. t'was such a shitty game that I don't even want to remember. We were dying to have someone like Suarez on the pitch that day. Jonjo as false 9 :facepalm:
vs. Newcastle (6-0) Battered NUFC team lead by the moronic Pardew whose tactics were outrageous that game. Plus now we had Coutinho and Sturrdige. Take away those 2 and we don't win (Suarez has only played with Coutinho and Studge around 5 times total, for the first 6 months under Rodgers we didn't have those 2, we were starting Downing and two teenagers as Suarez's attack partners.)
vs. Everton (0-0) Badly needed creativity as Coutinho was easily closed down and Sturridge was stranded up top by himself.
vs. Fulham (3-1) Again take away Coutinho and Sturridge and we don't win this game. Suarez never had the chance to play with those 2 for majority of his appearances under Rodgers.
vs. QPR (1-0) By far the worst team in the league. And take away Coutinho and Sturridge and again we don't win.
vs. Stoke (1-0) Mignolet saving us our blushes and again it's Cou-Studge that win us the game. I dare you tell me that Suarez wouldn't have helped us this match.
vs. Aston Villa (1-0) Same thing as above.

Point me out where we've had to play a top team there. The only decent team Everton and we draw the game. So you see my friend that stat is bullshit. Anybody that thinks we're better off without Suarez is an idiot.
Aston Villa game they said in all games with Suarez we have won 30% of games & with out Suarez we have won 60% games
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:13 am

Sturridge is more prolific than Suarez at this time,

averaging at more than a goal per game,His chance conversion and clear-cut chance conversion has increased by 4% to 19% and 42% respectively while at Liverpool.

also interesting to now that Sturridge has a better chance conversion rate than Luis Suarez (16% compared to 19%)maestros clear cut conversion rate of 53%.

read more
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:14 pm

I can't see how paying £2m as a loan fee and covering his £55k wages would make sense for Moses.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:06 pm

RedOranje wrote:I can't see how paying £2m as a loan fee and covering his £55k wages would make sense for Moses.  
Ahhh from Mkhi, Costa & Willian to Moses on loan! Who is predominantly a RW! How the empire of dreams have fallen! Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:11 pm

Why did I know someone was going to start that nonsense?

Nothing suggests that Moses is the next target for the "big" signing... just that he's an option being considered FOR DEPTH.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 19 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 19  Next