Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela?

+11
Lupi
Eivindo
flameas
djfawnz
Adit
BarrileteCosmico
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
S
Gil
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela? Empty Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela?

Post by Gil Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:47 pm

At first I was wondering what the hell Roma were doing selling Lamela but then they brought in Ljajic a couple of days later for peanuts.

Who's currently the better player and which one has more potential?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela? Empty Re: Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela?

Post by S Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:52 pm

Who's currently the better player
Lamela.

which one has more potential?
Lamela.

Having said that Ljajic is still a good replacement and he wouldnt take much time to adapt at Roma.He's a bit of a douche though but thats not something Roma would be too concerned with i suppose.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela? Empty Re: Is Ljajic a suitable replacement for Lamela?

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 pm

Different types of players Gil.

Lamela is a direct wide forward who specializes in his dribbles, movement and excellent shots. He specializes in attempts to beat his man yet was inconsistent in Roma last year despite his many moments of brilliance.

Ljajic is the more horizantal and indirect player. More creative and a superior passing skill-set. Also has a clutch eye for a goal to compliment his ambidextrous play.

Lamela falls short in his weaker foot, and not influencing games as often as he should. Aside from that he is a tremendous talent amongst the top. Since being with Totti, who took him under his wing, he improved leaps and bounds.

Ljajic falls short with his frail and fiery mentality, that has been created by Fiorentina's managerial inconsistency pre-Montella/Della Valle project. Unpredictable in his words and will turn off completely when he isn't in the mood.

Ljajic was sold for less due to his contract ending next year along with his desire to leave. If we had to measure ceilings, I'd go with Adem Ljajic who has shown some facets to his game to which I've yet to see from Lamela. A more creative and complete player despite Lamela being more 'effective' as a whole due to his direct threat and pace.

Both excellent talents, yet Ljajic for me.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:57 pm

Ljajic is nowhere near Lamela, never has been and never will be.

Arq in overrating Serie A players over ones who leave the league shocker rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:58 pm

I would agree with that Arq based on the very few games I've seen of both.

Ljajic seems like a Mata type player with better dribbling ability while Lamela is like a poor mans Robben.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Ljajic's end product needs to be much more refined.If he manages to do that he can become a real top class player in the future.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Ljajic is nowhere near Lamela, never has been and never will be.

Arq in overrating Serie A players over ones who leave the league shocker rofl
Yes cause my 3 day twitter rant on why "Lamela leaving would be devestating for Roma" just a testament to my bias.

In case you forgot, it doesn't make a difference to me what talent plies in what league. Also the one saying that Lamela is already a better player than Gareth Bale, someone who I also rate well.

I'm guessing you didn't properly quantify the difference between both as if one had to measure who had the better year last year, it would be Ljajic. Lamela in one game was brilliant yet didn't do anything in the next. Ljajic carried Fiorentina in the 2nd half of the season and just has more facets to his game than to Lamela, who was figured out in the 2nd half of the season. I'm a bigger fan of Lamela and have rated the kid since his River stint yet the gap yet dictate between them is false, if not quite the opposite.

Either that, or you're trolling.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Gil wrote:I would agree with that Arq based on the very few games I've seen of both.

Ljajic seems like a Mata type player with better dribbling ability while Lamela is like a poor mans Robben.
Mata/Silva an apt comparison yes. Needs to truly break the threshold of consistency and when he does, he is unplayable. Lamela isn't a poor man's Robben as that would be rather harsh. But rather a young CR but with solid creativity. Unique players in their own regards tbh.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:15 pm

Lamela is nowhere near Cristiano's level. Movement, ambidextrous, heading, pace, power, strength, goal scoring, free kicks, long shots etc

I don't think their playing styles are remotely the same tbh and Lamela will never reach that level.

He reminds me of Robben when he was at Chelsea. Don't see how that's an insult and not a compliment. I think Lamela is more tricky while Robben has superior close control and pace but they're essentially the same type of player, very similar ways of approaching the game.

Last edited by Gil on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:16 pm

I think MC can back me up on this but.. i think people are overrating Lamela to a certain extent. Not that he is a bad player or anything, he's a great talent and im sure that he'll progress well at Spurs. But people are making him out to be at the God level tier of young talents (Gotze, Alcantara etc). He's a fine player but he has quite a few flaws in his game
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:21 pm

Gil wrote:Lamela is nowhere near Cristiano's level. Movement, ambidextrous, heading, pace, power, strength, goal scoring, free kicks, long shots etc

I don't think their playing styles are remotely the same tbh and Lamela will never reach that level.

He reminds me of Robben when he was at Chelsea. Don't see how that's an insult and not a compliment. I think Lamela is more tricky while Robben has better close control but they're essentially the same type of player, very similar ways of approaching the game.
Gil you're not keeping in mind the player Cristiano was at age 19-21, to where he was quite raw and rather unimpressive outside his moments of brilliance. Similar to how people forget that Messi wasn't a top top talent before Pep came in.

Lamela at 19-21 has shown more ability and maturity with the ball than Cristiano did at his age.

I don't agree with Robben, mostly due to Robben has a repertoire of tricks in a pattern while Lamela, uses that typical Creole style of dribbling which is quite unpredictable. I only digress from the styles of what they play. I guess Hazard would be a more apt comparison? Despite their differences.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:34 pm

Arq wrote:Similar to how people forget that Messi wasn't a top top talent before Pep came in.
He was named the 2nd best player in the world and did dazzling things on a weekly basis before Pep came in, what are you talking about?

On topic I agree with Gil that Lamela reminds me of a young Robben and have similar styles. I don't really watch enough Ljalic to make a comparison as to which one is better but Ljalic is definitely suitable - especially if Roma invest the remaining 20m or so in strengthening their defense.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:43 pm

I think he intended to say Iniesta. Who became a star with Pep. Messi was already a scary player before pep came in...i still remember the 3-3 at Nou camp like it happened yesterday.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:15 pm

Short answer? NO!
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:17 pm

Roma should sign Leandro Paredes. That would be the answer.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Ljajic is a good replacement tbh
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:14 am

Laughing comparing Lamela with ljajic is like comparing CR7 with osman Razz 
we lost to our management once again but then again im keeping my eye on transfers till end maybe there will be another player like paredes , Ljajic is really over hyped within serie A fans but in comparison with players in his position he is below average
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 am

Roma is stupid.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:02 pm

probably, and 15m on the last year of contract is peanuts hmm

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Like I've said....Lamela under Zeman was GOAT...Lamela before and after Zeman= Not so much.....what does this mean? He's quite overrated.

That takes nothing away from his ability as he's quite a special player and was even with River, who valued him quite highly.

As for Ljajic, he will fit Garcia's system better than Lamela, who just didn't seem to fit well in pre-season line ups. On paper, he'd complete a rather sexy attack, but having seen it play out that way...Lamela just didn't fit.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:30 pm

I have a good feeling about Ljajic, ever since I saw those Del Piero-dribbles he did for Viola.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:35 pm

Scored a top goal today, that's for sure.

Basically demonstrated that he's perfect for Garcia's system. Slotted in perfectly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Ummm, yes. Reason:

McLewis wrote:Like I've said....Lamela under Zeman was GOAT...Lamela before and after Zeman= Not so much.....what does this mean? He's quite overrated.

That takes nothing away from his ability as he's quite a special player and was even with River, who valued him quite highly.

As for Ljajic, he will fit Garcia's system better than Lamela, who just didn't seem to fit well in pre-season line ups. On paper, he'd complete a rather sexy attack, but having seen it play out that way...Lamela just didn't fit.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:15 pm

Gil ffs. Proud

Just saw Lamela's goal. What a strike :bow:

Pjanic's goal was unreal and Totti had a sensational game.

Gervinhp is garbage, gets into good positions but can't finish as usual.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Very Happy lamela is gone Gil and he lost along with rest of surplus team

I overreacted because to me seeing Lamela in Surplus team is just a pain in the stomach , plain factual bad
but i guess i should have gave ljajic some credit because he linked up with pjanic and Totti perfectly and was rather decent judging by the fact that it was his first game with Roma
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next