Post by RealGunner Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:03 pm

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/70240000/jpg/_70240105_ramsey.jpg
The Man Of The Moment

West Brom Albion Vs Arsenal
The Hawthorns
Sunday 6th October 16:00 BST
Referee: Lee Mason

Strength to Strength

Arsenal travel to West Brom after a very important Champions league victory over Napoli, making it 10 straight wins in a row. It is well clear and obvious that we are in a very good position right now with excellent form and our football is improving with each game. We look better than we have in the last 3 seasons and it does seems like we have found a way to be consistent and our mentality in games is completely different to what it has been in the past few years. However i must bring everyone down at this point by saying that things change very quickly in football. I mean it wasn't long ago when everyone said we are in a crisis after the Aston Villa game but 10 games later we are tipped for a successful season. It can't be argued that we are one of the most in form teams in Europe, but we should still be vary of the threats posed by the unpredictable league and the unforgiving Cups. For now, i can only say that this season seems different, and let's hope it really is different.

West Brom

I mentioned Unpredictable earlier on, and what West Brom did to Manchester United last week was indeed unpredictable. The Midlands side went to Old Trafford and gave a very fine performance against the red devils. It proved 2 things. One is that the quality of the league is as strong as ever and the 2nd is that do not take any team lightly. We did beat West Brom in the CoC 2 weeks back and Steve Clark being a very eager learner, will know better than before what to expect from us. I know we put on a completely different side to waht we will on Sunday but i am expecting a much difficult test than Swansea posed and maybe even Napoli. West brom have very good players in Amalfitano and the young sensation Berahino who can hurt us if we manage to show complacency. But i am expecting us to stay focused and get the 3 points.

Team News

For Arsenal, the bad news is that Sagna is out for 3 weeks due to the Hamstring injury while Cazorla isn't back anytime soon either. The small good news is that we picked up no other injury from the Napoli game.

For West Brom, Sinclair is out against us and so are Shane Long, Old boy Anelka and the young boy Anichebe. You can say there is a little bit of a Striker crisis for WBA

Expected West Brom Team

-----------------------------Myhill--------------------------------------

Olsson--------------Ridgewell--------McAuley-------------------Jones

------------------Yacob-------------Mulumbu-------------------------

Sessegnon-----------------Amalfitano----------------------Morrison

-------------------------Berahino----------------------------------------

Expected Arsenal Team

----------------------------Szczesny-------------------------------------

Jenkinson------------Mertesacker---------Koscielny---------------Gibbs

-----------------Flamini---------------Ramsey/Arteta----------------------------

Gnabry/Ramsey---------------------Ozil--------------------------------Wilshere/Gnabry

---------------------------Giroud--------------------------------------

I am not sure what team Arsene will put out. He can either go with Ramsey at RW with Arteta at CM. Or he can go with Ramsey in Midfield with Gnabry on the RW and Arteta bench. Same with Wilshere.

Match Facts (BBC)

Head-to-head

• Arsenal have not lost any of their last six visits to The Hawthorns in all competitions (W4, D2).
  • The two sides drew in the Capital One Cup less than a fortnight ago, with Arsenal winning the penalty shoot-out.

West Brom

• West Brom have lost two of their first three home matches in this season's Premier League - their only win came against bottom club Sunderland.
  • The Baggies have scored fewer than half as many goals as Arsenal (6:13) in the Premier League this season.
  • Saido Berahino, who scored his first Premier League goal in last week's famous win at Manchester United, has already scored against Arsenal this season in the Capital One Cup.
  • Morgan Amalfitano has scored in his last two Premier League appearances for West Brom.

Arsenal

• Arsenal have won five league games in a row, something they didn't achieve last season. They are the only team to score in all six of their Premier League games this season.
  • The Gunners have won their last eight away league games in a row, equalling their best run in the Premier League. The all-time record for consecutive away wins in the Premier League is 11 by Chelsea in 2008.
  • Aaron Ramsey has scored eight goals in his last eight appearances for Arsenal.

Final Say

Score first and we will win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

West Brom Vs Arsenal Empty Re: West Brom Vs Arsenal

Post by Jay29 Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:39 pm

This will be a much sterner test than the Capital One Cup game we played against them. West Brom will be riding a high after winning two in a row and the team they'll put out will be tougher to play against and have more about them going forward.

I'm confident of us winning again, though, as this sort of game really isn't anything new and we've become very good at playing away from home. I also expect the side to be very confident after the Swansea and Napoli wins and if they can transform that confidence into a great performance and not complacency then we'll win the game.

I think Wilshere and Gnabry will both return to the starting line-up. Rosicky has just come back from injury and probably isn't quite up to two games in a week just yet, while Wilshere should be fresher. Gnabry deserves a spot on merit and I expect he'll play on Sunday since he was rested against Napoli.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:31 am

need to hit them on the break
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:56 am

Sczesny
Jenko---Metskr---Kos---Gibbs
Arteta---Flamini
Ramsey---Ozil---Wilshere/Rosicky
Giroud

i want to see more of the Arteta-Flamini deep midfield.. lets see how they fare in the PL.. why hit them on the break when you have the ability to dominate and destroy them.. without Walcott and Cazorla in the wings, i expect us to see more possession based approach from us..
we have adequate options in midfield despite our team in an injury crisis.. show the talent and depth in midfield.. hard on Gnabry after a top performance.. but he is a u18 player and should not start when other players are fit and in form.. Rosicky may start over Wilshere if he is fully fit..
Good news is that West Brom are without strikers.. and hope we can keep our away form and go into the break with the best start in so many years..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Great work RG.

It has been like forever since Ramsey scored a goal.Laughing 

Tough game, hope for a clean sheet and all 3 points.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:17 am

Great Preview RG

wba on high after last week and more days to recover

another professional-Efficient performance without complacency Hopefully

Flamini should do the job on Sessegnon who is their main attacking threat

Think Gnabry Deserve to get back to the side

Back five [with Jenk]
---Flam----Aaron----
Serge---Mesut---Jack
------Giroud-------

Lets get them 3 pts
COYG
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:54 am

Yep, I'm expecting the same formation as Sina.

Szczesny
Jenkinson Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
Flamini Ramsey
Gnabry Özil Wilshere
Giroud

Despite laughing at Man Utd last week, I must admit WBA are no joke and I'm really glad Long, Sinclair and Anichebe are missing this match.

3 points before Interlull please and a clean sheet if possible. Twisted Evil 
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 am

-------------Sczesny
Jenko---Metskr-----Kos-----------Gibbs
-----------Arteta---Flamini
-----Ramsey---Ozil----------Rosicky
-------------Giroud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Great stuff RG.

Always nervous when we go to West Brom. Tricky game every time. Will be interesting to see how Wenger lines up the midfield.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:58 pm

I wanted gnabry to start Sad
aleumdance
aleumdance