Lazio to fight Juve for Benteke?

+4
S
FilthyLuca
El Jefe
DeviAngel
8 posters

Go down

Lazio to fight Juve for Benteke? Empty Lazio to fight Juve for Benteke?

Post by DeviAngel Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:30 pm

Lazio could make a move for Aston Villa forward Christian Benteke, reports in the Press suggest this afternoon.

La Repubblica believe that the capital club are after a replacement for Miroslav Klose in January, and are looking at the Belgian goalscorer.

The newspaper insist that Vladimir Petkovic’s side will try and table a bid during the winter transfer window, but could face competition from Juventus.

The Bianconeri are also said to be keen on the Villains centre-forward with Fernando Llorente failing to impress in Turin.

hmm
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Lazio to fight Juve for Benteke? Empty Re: Lazio to fight Juve for Benteke?

Post by El Jefe Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:11 pm

Think he'll have better options than Lazio.

Are Juve really looking at Llorente replacements already?
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:47 pm

El Jefe wrote:Think he'll have better options than Lazio.

NAh I am sure we are not going to give him away
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Yes, I think this was a money move all along. he has a high value, and we got him for free, so whatever we sell him for is straight profit. and he's Spanish, which aside from Suarez and Valero, means he cant play in Italy for whatever reason.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:56 pm

No.Its just usual media bullshit which goes around during the non-transfer period.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:41 pm

There is no way Juve's plan all along was to sell Llorente. Juve would lose a lot of credibility among out of contract players if we sold them as soon as they arrived. If Llorente is sold it's because he doesn't fit with Juve and nothing else. It may sound like smart business and easy money, but it would be ridiculous to think that was Juve's intent all along.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:08 pm

you think they'll go around telling people? im sure they know very well the history of Spanish players in Italy, and bought him knowing he was in demand so if it doesn't work out, which it probably wont, they can just sell him. I think its very smart

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:11 pm

Considering before he was benched for a season he was a target for a lot of clubs, and clearly was a better goalscorer than anything we had at the time, I highly doubt we moved in for him purely to sell him for a profit

Also, we were trying to bring him to Turin earlier when he was under contract. But they wanted his full price or nothing.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:30 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Considering before he was benched for a season he was a target for a lot of clubs, and clearly was a better goalscorer than anything we had at the time, I highly doubt we moved in for him purely to sell him for a profit

Also, we were trying to bring him to Turin earlier when he was under contract. But they wanted his full price or nothing.
I forgot about that, and boy would that have been a mistake.

its not a matter of ability, its playing style.member Henry? we had possibly the best striker of the last 15 years, but he couldn't stay on his feet, so it didn't matter.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm

I understand where you're coming from but Tbf we used him as a wide man, at Arsenal he got his chances upfront and excelled

Llorente is definitely not as sharp as he once was, so even if he would have had trouble 'adjusting' regardless, he's still not his old self after a year and a bit where he barely got to see the pitch.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:30 pm

Can we just cut that Spanish players can't play in Italy crap?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:33 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Can we just cut that Spanish players can't play in Italy crap?
Preach
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:34 pm

its not crap if its truedevi. im not saying it simply because they are Spanish, its a matter of style of play, and its been proven over the years. there have been quite a few Spaniards in Italy over the years, and aside from luis suarez and Borja Valero, I cant think of anyone who can be considered a success. Italy is more physical, there is much less time on the ball, and is more demanding tactically.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:37 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
its not crap if its truedevi. im not saying it simply because they are Spanish, its a matter of style of play, and its been proven over the years.  there have been quite a few Spaniards in Italy over the years, and aside from luis suarez and Borja Valero, I cant think of anyone who can be considered a success.  Italy is more physical, there is much less time on the ball, and is more demanding tactically.
Pepe Reina,Albiol, Mario Gomez must be Jews.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

pepe reina is a keeper, albiol has played all of a quarter of a season in Serie A (and has had 2 or 3 good, not great games), and Mario Gomez is german born and raised, he's as Spanish as I am. I think his dad is the Spanish one

Last edited by FilthyLuca on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:44 pm

rofl

elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:46 pm

yeah, everything I said above is fact not opinion, so I really don't understand whats to laugh about.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:26 am

Spanish cant play in italy? Juventus got Llorente to make profit? Him bein sold? Only on GL.......
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:21 pm

Ok all im getting is, what I like to call, the Kobe Bryant defense. I say something supported by facts, and those who disagree simply facepalm and LOL me to death, yet none of you (with the exception of elmystique, who had to include a german born and raised player, and Albiol, who hasnt exactly been cannavaro so far) have countered with anything of substance. id be more than happy to retract my statement were I to be proved wrong, but im not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_Serie_A_players#Spain that's the list of Spanish players in serie A, notice the vast majority last 1 or 2 years, and even player like del sol were alright, but nothing to write home about. but then again guess its just blind ignorance, I obviously just don't like the Spanish, and am hell bent on discrediting spain.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:30 pm

It's a ridiculous overstatement to say that about Spanish players.  First of all, the sample size of Spanish players in Serie A is so low that you can't really make an unqualified statement.  Second, the game has only recently become much more globalized and it's only been in the last twenty years that some Spanish players have decided to play in Italy.  If you look at lists, most Spanish, German and English players did not start coming to Serie A until the 1990s. Finally, many players coming from countries with well-established leagues (England, Spain, and Germany) often have not historically played in Serie A because they can play for great teams within their own country.  Granted, there are exceptions to those statements I made, but for the most part it's true.  For those reasons, I think the sample size of Spanish players is just way too small to make a statement that they can't cut it in Serie A.  

A better argument to make is that players who are accustomed to playing in La Liga have difficulty adjusting to Serie A because it's much more defensive football.  That statement I can buy.  However, I can't buy that the top Spanish footballers on the NT can't cut it in Serie A solely because they have a passport from Spain.  That's ridiculous to me.  

Isn't it just possible that Llorente isn't as good as people thought he is?  How would people like if Giaccherini, Aquiliani, Di Canio, and Diamanti were used to make the statement that Italian players can't make it in the EPL?  It's a ridiculous statement because it's hardly the best Italian players going to England.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:53 pm

Juventude wrote:It's a ridiculous overstatement to say that about Spanish players.  First of all, the sample size of Spanish players in Serie A is so low that you can't really make an unqualified statement.  Second, the game has only recently become much more globalized and it's only been in the last twenty years that some Spanish players have decided to play in Italy.  If you look at lists, most Spanish, German and English players did not start coming to Serie A until the 1990s. Finally, many players coming from countries with well-established leagues (England, Spain, and Germany) often have not historically played in Serie A because they can play for great teams within their own country.  Granted, there are exceptions to those statements I made, but for the most part it's true.  For those reasons, I think the sample size of Spanish players is just way too small to make a statement that they can't cut it in Serie A.  

A better argument to make is that players who are accustomed to playing in La Liga have difficulty adjusting to Serie A because it's much more defensive football.  That statement I can buy.  However, I can't buy that the top Spanish footballers on the NT can't cut it in Serie A solely because they have a passport from Spain.  That's ridiculous to me.  

Isn't it just possible that Llorente isn't as good as people thought he is?  How would people like if Giaccherini, Aquiliani, Di Canio, and Diamanti were used to make the statement that Italian players can't make it in the EPL?  It's a ridiculous statement because it's hardly the best Italian players going to England.
this is the second time I hear about sample size, there is a reason why its so small. Italy was the promise land in football in the 80s and most of the 90s, and spain has always had great talent, the fact that so few went there and excelled should say something. that top NT players argument is bull because those types of players would do well most anywhere,.e. Luis Suarez, so that's a poor example. im sure iniesta would still be a beast in Italy, but that's Iniesta.

and its not about what people would like or how they would feel, *bleep* their feelings, its about reality, many Italian players flop in England, its a lot more physical and they cant deal.

you picked the wrong examples though. Di canio was pretty damn good in England, I think Man U tried to sign him from west ham, diamanti was the runner up player of the year at west ham in 09, giacherrini has 3 goals in 7 games which is as many as higuain has for Napoli, and ive never been a fan of aquilani so he can kick rocks. but on the whole, they have a tough time adjusting

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:00 pm

FilthyLuca wrote:
Juventude wrote:It's a ridiculous overstatement to say that about Spanish players.  First of all, the sample size of Spanish players in Serie A is so low that you can't really make an unqualified statement.  Second, the game has only recently become much more globalized and it's only been in the last twenty years that some Spanish players have decided to play in Italy.  If you look at lists, most Spanish, German and English players did not start coming to Serie A until the 1990s. Finally, many players coming from countries with well-established leagues (England, Spain, and Germany) often have not historically played in Serie A because they can play for great teams within their own country.  Granted, there are exceptions to those statements I made, but for the most part it's true.  For those reasons, I think the sample size of Spanish players is just way too small to make a statement that they can't cut it in Serie A.  

this is the second time I hear about sample size, there is a reason why its so small.  Italy was the promise land in football in the 80s and most of the 90s, and spain has always had great talent, the fact that so few went there and excelled should say something.  that top NT players argument is bull because those types of players would do well most anywhere,.e. Luis Suarez, so that's a poor example.  im sure iniesta would still be a beast in Italy, but that's Iniesta.

and its not about what people would like or how they would feel, *bleep* their feelings, its about reality, many Italian players flop in England, its a lot more physical and they cant deal.

you picked the wrong examples though. Di canio was pretty damn good in England, I think Man U tried to sign him from west ham, diamanti was the runner up player of the year at west ham in 09, giacherrini has 3 goals in 7 games which is as many as higuain has for Napoli, and ive never been a fan of aquilani so he can kick rocks.  but on the whole, they have a tough time adjusting
You missed my point which is that your focus should be more on typical players from those leagues succeeding in another league. It's ridiculous to state that because someone is from a certain country that aren't good in another country. Nedved probably wouldn't have been as great if he played in the EPL because of his style of play.

Either way, this debate is stupid. It's a dumb overstatement.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 pm

and the typical player from la liga is spanish.
The problem is people are assuming my intent as if I have something against the Spanish or feel that because of the fact that they are Spanish, they cant play.
im stating an observation, there have been few successful Spanish players in Serie A, PERIOD. they don't do well. the sample size is small because of this, all that you can play in great teams in your own country talk is bull because you can play in great teams in Holland, yet some of the greatest players in serie a history were dutch, same goes for brazil, and france. And like I said, serie a was IT in the 80s and 90s, the most competitive league and where the money was, so if you were good enough, that's what you strived for.
Im pretty sure Nedved is the shit in any country, but that's just an opinion.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down