McAgger
Juveman17
dmize
The Franchise
izzy
22 posters

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 18:29

Woodson being an idiot late in games again...

lf carmelo had a brain he'd be twice the player that Drose is but because he doesn't Rose is still better than him on one leg ffs.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 18:36

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:"DRose is back an better than he has ever been!!" The practice squad said..

Rose is a great great player but honestly I think he got overhyped because of his long term injury. People were expecting him to be like Goku coming back from snakeway and lebrons scouter would blow up the second he stepped on court but IMO he isn't that good and never was. It's sad but on he's just the best offensive player on a offensively inept team that is really well coached to cover up their weaknesses
Bit harsh mate.... its true his return was getting a bit overhyped.

But he's been out for a year in his first competitive game against the reigning champs no less.... now isn't the time to judge him really and i'm not just saying that because he's in my fantasy team Laughing
l wasn't really judging him on that, lm sure hell get back to his old self, but l think its just his return was overhyped and people are expecting way too much from him.l think people look back and overrate how much of an impact he had on his teams success in the first place. He's closer to Russell Westbrook than he is to Lebron imo. The bulls team still isn't good enough to beat the Heat or the Pacers in the playoffs. like l said he's a great player, but Rose needs another top scorer on the team lf they want to be able to do that. Okc and the Bulls management are just ruining the time they have with their stars though because they played it safe and didn't even try to add another big name when there were ones available over the last several years. they've gotten worse over the years not better imo.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 18:48

VendettaRed07 wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:"DRose is back an better than he has ever been!!" The practice squad said..

Rose is a great great player but honestly I think he got overhyped because of his long term injury. People were expecting him to be like Goku coming back from snakeway and lebrons scouter would blow up the second he stepped on court but IMO he isn't that good and never was. It's sad but on he's just the best offensive player on a offensively inept team that is really well coached to cover up their weaknesses
Bit harsh mate.... its true his return was getting a bit overhyped.

But he's been out for a year in his first competitive game against the reigning champs no less.... now isn't the time to judge him really and i'm not just saying that because he's in my fantasy team Laughing
l wasn't really judging him on that, lm sure hell get back to his old self, but l think its just his return was overhyped and people are expecting way too much from him.l think people look back and overrate how much of an impact he had on his teams success in the first place. He's closer to Russell Westbrook than he is to Lebron imo. The bulls team still isn't good enough to beat the Heat or the Pacers in the playoffs. like l said he's a great player, but Rose needs another top scorer on the team lf they want to be able to do that. Okc and the Bulls management are just ruining the time they have with their stars though because they played it safe and didn't even try to add another big name when there were ones available over the last several years. they've gotten worse over the years not better imo.
I agree with that completely.... i don't see the Bulls going all the way either there just isn't enough there on Offence Rose can't do all that by himself and nor could anyone else for that matter.

Good defensive team as we all know, tough as nails but lack the class at both ends to get it done.

I wouldn't compare the Bulls to OCK though, at least the Bulls didn't get rid of James f*cking Harden ffs Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 21:26

Good post, I definently agree.

I said many times I dont like Westbrook, but I cant say for sure Rose is a better player in all honesty.

If Rose was playing with Durant and not passing as much as I think he should (like Westbrook isnt) then he would get the same criticism. And if Westbrook had his own team and got to shoot whenever the hell he liked (like Rose does) then the general outlook on both would be different.

Maybe its a good debate to have.

Who is better and why, Rose or Westbrook?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 22:36

Yeah Mole, you're right.. lol not only did they get rid of Harden but, they chose to pay the overrated lbaka and over the hill Perkins over paying him. You only pay big men the kind of money lf they a) are over 7 feet b) are incredible rebounders c) are offensive threats. Both guys don't fit any of those categories. Players like them don't impact the game nearly enough to warrant what they get. Don't care how many blocks lbaka can get.

And not only that, all they have to show for dumping harden, ls Jeremy flippin lamb rofl .. lf they offered Harden for Howard, Orlando does that every day of the week. lmagine, kd, westbrook and howard on the same team.. Championship almost guaranteed bar injuries

But anyhow, for Rose vs Westbrook, l'd say rose, overall can adapt to being a more true point guard. He can score but he doesn't force it if he doesn't have to. He often does because of the players around him, but lQ is important and ld say rose is more intelligent and versatile. But the gap between them isn't large. ln fact on a team like the bulls, that relies on defensive and athleticism ld say westbrook would be a better fit. Especially lf the point ls the number one scoring option, ld take westbrook. He can take over and win you a game by himself in the playoffs more effectively than rose. l also don't think even if lebron was guarding him, that he wouldn't be able to be so easily shut down like Rose was last time they met the bulls in the playoffs. He's just too strong fast and athletic to be contained even by Lebron.

But this is a team sport, and the point has certain obligations, so ld only take westbrook over Rose lf the roster was a flawed one with a physical, defensive system to make up for their weaknesses. On a more complete team like Okc, which ls the ideal scenario for any team, ld take rose. So l guess ld say, lt depends lol.

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 22:39; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 22:37

Blue Barrett wrote:Went out after the Chelsea match and missed the draft Neutral

Oh well.
Draft was Monday.... CPU chose your team but if you still have the account details you can manage it from here on in.

I wouldn't worry too much tho the c*nts got you Harden, both Gasol's, Duncan and Bosh lol.

If you want to discuss it, try to keep it in the fantasy thread stop this thread being clogged up.
Didn't even see this. GTFI!!!!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:01

Rose and Westbrook are just as athletic as each other.. I would say Rose is better offensively because he's not as wreckless as Westbrook, but Westbrook is the more tenacious defender

I would rather have Rose on my team
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:03

Sixers are so bad, they even suck at tanking. lol

LeBron always starts his seasons off pretty casually, lots of 20-8 games, later he goes beast mode.

Unlike 2011, he wanted redemption for that finals series, could see it coming out. 36 vs Mavs on opening night/christmas day :bow: 

Tonight will be another GRANDE game day, Heat might actually lose in Brooklyn. But I see LeBron going off this time, 35+.
KING JAMES - 5TH MVP - 3RD TITLE

WATCH OUT.

Dirk for 30+...
Houston, we have a problem.... german genius is BACK

why is this dwade thread? how about a nba 2013-2014 thread?
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:04

LeSwagg James wrote:Rose and Westbrook are just as athletic as each other.. I would say Rose is better offensively because he's not as wreckless as Westbrook, but Westbrook is the more tenacious defender

I would rather have Rose on my team
I wouldnt, Westbrook is the REAL alpha dog on the thunder team!
Fearless scorer, both shoot a low %, but I just like the dude more, better defender easily.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:06

dmize wrote:The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 13 Ray3

:bow: 
Ray's pose afterwards... so swagged out

JESUS SHUTTLESWORTH
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:26

I think Westbrook is more dangerous around the rim, he is able to dunk on, past or through people like a small forward. Rose is just as quick and fast and his twisting lay ups make him near unstoppable near the rim too, but I would give the nod to Westbrook in terms of around the basket.

Where I think Rose is better is his decision making like already mentioned. I also think he is a slighter better shooter, especially from outside 18 feet.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RonaldoGreatestEverRM Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:30

The Franchise wrote:I think Westbrook is more dangerous around the rim, he is able to dunk on, past or through people like a small forward. Rose is just as quick and fast and his twisting lay ups make him near unstoppable near the rim too, but I would give the nod to Westbrook in terms of around the basket.

Where I think Rose is better is his decision making like already mentioned. I also think he is a slighter better shooter, especially from outside 18 feet.

Russ makes some bold plays, so yeah.

But Westbrook's pull up j just inside the 3pt line is deadly, he can get it off at any time, especially with todays rules.

Both shoot a similar % from downtown.
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
RonaldoGreatestEverRM
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 1 Nov 2013 - 23:40

The Franchise wrote:I think Westbrook is more dangerous around the rim, he is able to dunk on, past or through people like a small forward. Rose is just as quick and fast and his twisting lay ups make him near unstoppable near the rim too, but I would give the nod to Westbrook in terms of around the basket.

Way i see it as well.... the only thing id add is i think as a point guard i think Westbrook uses his team mates better and brings them into the game more but that could be because he has better weapons like Durant to utilise and Rose doesn't really have any of the sort on offence.

So we don't really know if its just the case of that's just how Rose plays or he's just playing like that because he doesn't have really any help on offense or at least enough.

I would hope that its the latter.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 0:26

RonaldoGreatestEverRM wrote:

Russ makes some bold plays, so yeah.

But Westbrook's pull up j just inside the 3pt line is deadly, he can get it off at any time, especially with todays rules.

Both shoot a similar % from downtown.
Nah, check the stats. His pull up jumper was off last year. The year before it was very good, but for some reason last season he was off from that range.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 1:57

Deron Williams playing pretty bad for NJ.

Had a 8 point lead, he came back in the game and it disappeared because of for some strange reason he keeps coming down and shooting without making one pass.

3 times he has come down and jacked up shots without a pass, another time he turned it over doing the same thing. Not playing like the point guard I know he is.

Lead back to 7 now though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 2:02

Is Lebron hurt or something, he dont look right. Isnt getting off the ground well and isnt getting around guys off the dribble.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 2:14

The Franchise wrote:Deron Williams playing pretty bad for NJ.

Had a 8 point lead, he came back in the game and it disappeared because of for some strange reason he keeps coming down and shooting without making one pass.

3 times he has come down and jacked up  shots without a pass, another time he turned it over doing the same thing. Not playing like the point guard I know he is.

Lead back to 7 now though.
Music to my ears lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 3:45

perfect start for the Celtics. Competitive in 2 games but lose. 0-2

Rondo
Bradley
Wiggins
Sullinger
actual C

:coffee:
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 3:48

The way Sixers are playing, you might just have it lol

They dont know they are supposed to be crap yet.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 3:53

Bucks are a terrible team too. Celtics were up 22 and blew it lmao.

Pistons are a playoff team. They are about to lose in OT to Memphis but they should've won in regular time they were the better team.

Memphis will be lucky to get the 5/6 seed, just a boring, hard to watch team. Joeger won't get as much out of them as Hollins did.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 3:55

Suns on paper seem pretty bad too. No size in the backcourt and I cant even remember who their big men are.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 3:55

also Vitor Faverani, rookie from Brazil, only starting cause we have literally no C, put up 12, 18 and 6 blocks.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 3:57

Nets were up like 10 with couple minutes left, but they stopped playing to win, just to waste time on the clock.

Obviously now the Heat hit a couple 3's and they are down 2, shot clock off.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 4:11

The Nets hang on to him it, they almost *bleep* it up, but credit to Miami who have a great knack of hitting these miracle shots.

At some point you have to say, it isnt luck, they just have a knack for these dramatic moments.

Nets really moved the ball well in the 2nd half and played great defence. They have depth, size, length at all positions and if they move the ball like today, will be a legit threat IMO.

Williams is 6'3 and his back up is 6'7.
Johnson is 6'7 and his back up is 6'6
Pierce is 6'7 and his back up is 6'9
KG is 7 and his back up is a long 6'9 (AK47)
Lopez is 7 and his back up is 6'11

Then you have specalist shooter Terry and rebounder Evans.

Well put together team if they play team ball like today.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 4:23

I thought they were going to f*ck it up tbh Laughing

Fair play to Pierce though, turned a quite frankly an awful first half into a great second half.... he didn't miss a free throw all night either which i'm especially thankful for Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat 2 Nov 2013 - 4:31

Those 2-3 players, they just took all the time off the clock and shot fadeaways with defence all over them.

Let Miami in by not running any offence, playing to not lose rather than win.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26 ... 40  Next