Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 21 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Zealous wrote:Without Ronaldo Portugal don't make it out of the groups. I watched all of Portugal's games in the qualifiers and while they had players who do a very good job when needed without Ronaldo's influence on their attacking game they would have lost/drew a lot of the games they ended up winning just purely because they have almost zero quality goal threats.
:lol:That's why he scored only in two matches, against all mighty Luxembourg last year, and only against all mighty Northern Ireland this year? Portugal won Russia and played 2 draws with Israel without any input from Cronaldo.
Harmonica you are good with numbers, is it true that in the group stages C.Ronaldo only scored 4 out of 20 goals for Portugal? If true, god damn(!!) how he dragged Portugal to the world cup single-handedly!

farfan wrote:
the journalists who voted for the uefa  award =/= general public .

on a slightly related note  ,  it's weird how ronaldo was dead even with messi in 2012 ( 17 votes each ) but only got 3 votes in 2013..
How is it weird? Messi only won only a minor title last season, while C.ronaldo won la liga. So obviously some people would favour C.Ronaldo over Messi..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 21 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Adit Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:35 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The award has historically been given to either the best player or the best player in the most winning team.
Wrong. The award is supposed to give to the best performing player of the year...Best player getting it and best player in winning team getting it are just coincidences of being the best performer.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Zealous wrote:Without Ronaldo Portugal don't make it out of the groups. I watched all of Portugal's games in the qualifiers and while they had players who do a very good job when needed without Ronaldo's influence on their attacking game they would have lost/drew a lot of the games they ended up winning just purely because they have almost zero quality goal threats.
:lol:That's why he scored only in two matches, against all mighty Luxembourg last year, and only against all mighty Northern Ireland this year? Portugal won Russia and played 2 draws with Israel without any input from Cronaldo.
Doesn't really change the fact that without Ronaldo they don't make it out of the groups.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't understand the Ronaldo fanboys. The award has historically been given to either the best player or the best player in the most winning team. Ronaldo is neither of those. For the UEFA award in August Ribery won by some distance, Messi was comfortably 2nd and Ronaldo only got like 3 votes (ie: no one thought he should win). I expect to see a similar turnout.
He's comfortably in the first category for many, whether or not that's the case is for you to agree or disagree with but you at least have to realize that many do see him as the best right now.
I think if you asked a neutral 4/5 will say Messi is the best player in the world individually. That has not changed in 2 months.
67% of all percentages are fabricated.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Zealous wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
Laughing That's why he scored only in two matches, against all mighty Luxembourg last year, and only against all mighty Northern Ireland this year? Portugal won Russia and played 2 draws with Israel without any input from Cronaldo.
Doesn't really change the fact that without Ronaldo they don't make it out of the groups.
Like without any of portugal players really. Without Moutinho's passes Portugal would be bye bye.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Harmonica wrote::lol:That's why he scored only in two matches, against all mighty Luxembourg last year, and only against all mighty Northern Ireland this year? Portugal won Russia and played 2 draws with Israel without any input from Cronaldo.
Like without any of portugal players really. Without Moutinho's passes Portugal would be bye bye.
A pass is only as good as the player getting the ball. The passes were good but really Ronaldo's timing and speed while making runs makes Moutinho's job a lot easier.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:04 pm

Zealous wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
Zealous wrote:Doesn't really change the fact that without Ronaldo they don't make it out of the groups.
A pass is only as good as the player getting the ball. The passes were good but really Ronaldo's timing and speed while making runs makes Moutinho's job a lot easier.
A pass is as important as finish. Kind of pointless of argument, Portugal is in World Cup as a team, not because of Cronaldo.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:10 pm

While it can be argued he carried Portugal against Sweden, he was virtually non-existant in the group stage.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:14 pm

The lulz if Messi still ends up winning Laughing Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 21 Empty How FIFA made Cronaldo Ballon d'Or winner.

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:22 pm

Francesc Aguilar, a journalist with Catalan-based Mundo Deportivo. It is believed that he has a vote for the award, hence how he was among the first to know about the extension. "Paco Aguilar" is listed as the Spanish journalist voter since FIFA and France Football merged their awards in 2010.

Francesc Aguilar @MDpor_elmundo

1. No tengo palabras.La FIFA y France Football amplían el plazo para las votaciones al 29 de noviembre de 2013.En principio los
"I have no words. FIFA and France Football have extended the period of voting to Nov. 29 2013. First the..."

2.jurados debían jhaber votao como máximo el 15 de este mes. No entraban los partidos de desempate para Brasil 2014. Era tan injusto lo
"... jury had to have voted by 15th of this month at the latest. The second legs for Brazil 2014 were not included. That was just as unfair..."

y 3.anterior como sospechoso el cambio. Poco a poco se están cargando el FIFA Balón de Oro con las decisiones que se van sucediendo.
"... as this change is suspicious. Little by little FIFA are ruining the Ballon d'Or with the decisions which are taking place. "

No hay que ser un genio para ver que con esta decisión de ampliar el plazo de votación para el FIFA Balón de oro se benficia a CR7.
"You do not need to be a genius to see that this decision to extend the voting period for the FIFA Ballon d'Or benefits CR7."

A complete farce.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:28 pm

Complete joke, Ballon d'Or cannot be taken seriously anymore unless Messi wins it!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:29 pm

The_Badger wrote:While it can be argued he carried Portugal against Sweden, he was virtually non-existant in the group stage.
Even that is over the top. With his goal he won them the tie, but without the passes of his teammates, he would be not carrying anyone..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:29 pm

The award is a farce already. The Commander will bring legitimacy back to the Balloon Door.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:31 pm

Casciavit wrote:The lulz if Messi still ends up winning LaughingProud
At this point if he doesn't win it I fear for Jiopsi, harhar, badger and Khaled's health lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:34 pm

I fear for Jiopsi's health already. 4500 posts, countless hours spent typing away furiously, all for the sole purpose of convincing a forum that one guy is better at kicking a ball than another. Poor guy needs to smoke a blunt, masturbate to some shirtless Messi pictures, and calm down =/

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:34 pm

Zealous wrote:
At this point if he doesn't win it I fear for Jiopsi, harhar, badger and Khaled's health lol
This whole time I have been saying that Messi doesn't deserve the ballon d'or.. scratch

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:35 pm

Poem for Messi. Please read and comment.

Oh Messi I am your freedom fighter.

Oh Messi you are sublime.

Oh Messi the greatest of all time.

Oh Messi you can do no wrong.

Oh Messi you are the bomb.

Oh Messi I sing your song.

Oh Messi who cares you have no height.

Oh Messi you are always right.

Oh Messi all my days protecting you.

Oh Messi all my time defending you.

Oh Messi you are my job.

Oh Messi I am your slave.

Oh Messi you are my God.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:36 pm

ronalessi wrote:Poem for Messi. Please read and comment.

Oh Messi I am your freedom fighter.

Oh Messi you are sublime.

Oh Messi the greatest of all time.

Oh Messi you can do no wrong.

Oh Messi you are the bomb.

Oh Messi I sing your song.

Oh Messi who cares you have no height.

Oh Messi you are always right.

Oh Messi all my days protecting you.

Oh Messi all my time defending you.

Oh Messi you are my job.

Oh Messi I am your slave.

Oh Messi you are my God.
Amen
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:37 pm

Just lol at some of the stuff i'm reading from the same posters. Laughing

2009: Ballon D'or winner should be best player on most succesful team that year.

2010: Ballon D'or winner should be given who we think is the to the best player.

2011: Ballon D'or winner should be given to best player on most successful team that year. No, goals shouldn't be a factor

2012: Ballon D'or should be given to record breaking goals. Goals are important.

2013: Ballon D'or should be given to best player on principle.

Just Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Zealous wrote:
I've already said I want Ribery to win.

Amazing how yet again the plastic RM fans make stuff up as they go along rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:52 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Zealous wrote:

stay safe man. i pry 4 u
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:58 pm

I dream of the day CR wins the Ballon D'Or. The butthurt here is gonna be just amazing Proud

Only the Commander can make people, he doesn't even know exists, so so butthurt.... eco smile
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Does it really matter what we think the criterion is? It's entirely subjective to the voters.

The voters vote on what they think the best player should do or well win. Some players/coaches think you need to have a great individual season as well as team success. Others believe the best player on the team that won the most team trophies deserves to win. And, some others believe individual stats are the most important thing.

For the record, when was the last time there was a winner who won nothing in a calendar year and got awarded the Ballon d'or/ Fifa world player of the year?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Casciavit wrote:
For the record, when was the last time there was a winner who won nothing in a calendar year and got awarded the Ballon d'or/ Fifa world player of the year?
Ballon d'Or has won 4 times without winning anything:

56 Matthews (inaugural)
64 Law (Euro year)
70 Müller (WC-year)
78 Keegan (WC-year)

And non of those had any competition like Messi and Ribery, and non of those had sudden rule changes after the vote.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:06 pm

Omniscient wrote:I fear for Jiopsi's health already. (...)
Would you please be so kind and temper your expressions somewhat? I don't want to be forced to take further action. Thank you very much.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:08 pm

Zealous wrote:
The_Badger wrote:
Zealous wrote:At this point if he doesn't win it I fear for Jiopsi, harhar, badger and Khaled's health lol

stay safe man. i pry 4 u
We all pray for the RM plastics, rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 39 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 39  Next