Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 20 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:09 pm

Not an implication that he was ever in the wrong though, that is just an invention of your incredibly paranoid psyche when it comes to Crynaldo.

I accept your apology though.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 20 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by M99 Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:30 pm

I guess it's official that Ribery won't win now.

Why is this award yearly? Football is seasonal FFS! Make it like before, voting ends in July and the ceremony in a few months later. FIFA and France Football, for what reason did they make this shit yearly? Well as if any confirmation was needed anyway, this award is a joke.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:34 pm

M99 wrote:I guess it's official that Ribery won't win now.

Why is this award yearly? Football is seasonal FFS! Make it like before, voting ends in July and the ceremony in a few months later. FIFA and France Football, for what reason did they make this shit yearly? Well as if any confirmation was needed anyway, this award is a joke.
Exactly what I proposed. We will not be having this silly debate. Ronaldo scores a hattrick against Sweden and everyone is wetting their pants, are you *bleep* kidding me? Balon do'r should be done at least just before the new season so right after any major summer tournament.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 pm

You can't expect FIFA to use sensible logic like that though.

Plus, I think it's too close to the end of season/UEFA awards and wants to stand out on its own.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:41 pm

It's so obvious that FIFA wants Ronaldo to win. Their official reason for extending the deadline is because of a disappointing response, ie: A lot of journalists, captains and coaches have not voted. Okay, fair enough but why has this given the ability of changing votes for the people who already voted rofl

FIFA Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Look let's look at the way people will vote

Who is the best player - Messi is, there is no arguement. Messi is the best player and has been since 2009. So if the award is voting for the best indivdual player than he should win it everytime because he is in his own league

the player that had the best season- Football is a teamsport and ultimately this is what it should be translated to

Ronaldo does not fall into any of those categories, where this award to be awarded right after the confed cup, we would not be having this dumb debate.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:57 pm

I don't understand the Ronaldo fanboys. The award has historically been given to either the best player or the best player in the most winning team. Ronaldo is neither of those. For the UEFA award in August Ribery won by some distance, Messi was comfortably 2nd and Ronaldo only got like 3 votes (ie: no one thought he should win). I expect to see a similar turnout.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:00 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't understand the Ronaldo fanboys. The award has historically been given to either the best player or the best player in the most winning team. Ronaldo is neither of those. For the UEFA award in August Ribery won by some distance, Messi was comfortably 2nd and Ronaldo only got like 3 votes (ie: no one thought he should win). I expect to see a similar turnout.
Exactly
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:07 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't understand the Ronaldo fanboys. The award has historically been given to either the best player or the best player in the most winning team. Ronaldo is neither of those. For the UEFA award in August Ribery won by some distance, Messi was comfortably 2nd and Ronaldo only got like 3 votes (ie: no one thought he should win). I expect to see a similar turnout.
I totally forgot about that. So much for there being a discussion on who was the best player before the semifinals in the CL, eh farfan?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:10 pm

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 20 1372661388341

how is ronaldo not in the discussion for the first category in 2013 ? ( best player)

european top scorer in 2013
CL top scorer in 2013 ( last season, and this one )
broke the record of champions league goals scored in a calendar year.
scored 10 goals for his national team in 2013
dragged an average portugal to the world cup in 3 important games ( the two games against sweden , and the one against Northern Ireland when he scored a hatrick to change the score from 1-2 to 4-2 ) .

his individual performance this year was second to none .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:13 pm

The only thing that favours Crynaldo is his top goal scoring record of the year 2013.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:18 pm

Last edited by Khaled on Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:22 pm

The_Badger wrote:The only thing that favours Crynaldo is his top goal scoring record of the year 2013.
Messi was only 3 goals behind with less minutes before his injury against Almeria in the last days of September! Cristiano was out of the picture until Messi's injury. No onw would have mentioned CR, if Messi was still fit and he's 45 goals is 60+ now].

CR got just 3 votes in August compared to Messi's 14 and Ribery's 35?
Results were fair according to most football fans, what changed from August until October-November?

The funny part was clown like piers morgan tweeting that CR is the best ever after hattrick vs Sweden [Ibra's double vs POR, is more impressive - considering POR defence > Sweden defence by distance]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:23 pm

Athough, I think Messi will win it [unless Perez/Blatter interfere] and individually Messi is still the best. My vote goes to Ribery.

Here's my opinion [I wrote it before WC playoffs]:

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 20 BZEjz_8CMAAwJ8d
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

I'd like to see Ribery win it too, but this interference from FIFA is just to sway the votes elsewhere.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:27 pm

harhar11 wrote:
I totally forgot about that. So much for there being a discussion on who was the best player before the semifinals in the CL, eh farfan?
maybe in your world messi was the sole candidate after the quarter finals . but in reallity , ronaldo was already top scorer of the CL and has already outshined messi in 4 classicos .. so saying that he wasn't even in the discussion is delusional to say the least .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:32 pm

farfan wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
maybe in your world messi was the sole candidate after the quarter finals . but in reallity , ronaldo was already top scorer of the CL and  has already outshined messi in 4 classicos .. so saying that  he wasn't even in the discussion is delusional to say the least .
seeing as I am unable to vote for the european player of the year, it's not just my opinion. It's the opinion of all of those journalist who voted.

C.ronaldo only overshadowed Messi in the 2nd leg of the spanish supercup and in the 2nd leg of the spanish cup. All the other games, it either favour Messi or they played at a similiar level..

oh and he dragged Portugal? So the passes that Moutinho and Almeida made for C.Ronaldo had nothing to do with the goals?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:46 pm

seeing as I am unable to vote for the european player of the year, it's not just my opinion. It's the opinion of all of those journalist who voted.
him finishing third is not relevant. you said he was not in the discussion for ballon d'or after the quarters finals when in fact he was according to many impartial fans and pundits .

oh and he dragged Portugal? So the passes that Moutinho and Almeida made for C.Ronaldo had nothing to do with the goals?

i'm not taking anything away from the passers, but the 3 goals came from either counter attacks or fast breaks exploiting space in sweden's defense . you can't count on almeida , postiga or oliveira to score these goals .

let's not act as if ronaldo is not the most important and influential player in the portugeuse team, that's taking it too far...
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:56 pm

He's comfortably in the first category for many, whether or not that's the case is for you to agree or disagree with but you at least have to realize that many do see him as the best right now.

The second category is one he would have been in had it not been for the ridiculous egos and childish people he has had to deal with for both club and country. Put him in the Beyern team and he would have got "Ribery's" treble and I'd go so far to say that Ribery isn't even in your second category you highlighted. Various players on Bayern's team preformed at a high level and Ribery was just as good but not overwhelmingly better than say Robben towards the business end of the season (in the CL especially).

As for the best player in Europe award it's actually a bigger joke than the Balon D'Or currently is. It's been openly admitted that journalists didn't vote for Ronaldo because they didn't like him when Iniesta won it last year.

However unlike last year Cristiano has the mandate of the masses, just as Cristiano has been made a caricature to rally behind Messi in years past, Ronaldo now has Blatter as the "disrespectful" "incompetent dictator" antagonist that he must overcome. He has momentum now, momentum he never had in past years so much so that they extended the voting deadline (although that may just be a coincidence).
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:16 pm

farfan wrote:
him finishing third is  not relevant. you said he was not in the discussion for ballon d'or after the quarters finals when in fact he was according to many impartial fans and pundits .
him finishing third with so few votes shows that in the mind of most journalist, he was not in the discussion.

farfan wrote: i'm not taking anything away from  the passers, but the 3 goals came from either counter attacks or fast breaks exploiting space in sweden's defense . you can't count on almeida  , postiga or oliveira to score these goals .
Maybe they couldn't, just like maybe C.ronaldo wouldn't be able to pull out those passes.

farfan wrote:let's not act as if ronaldo is not the most important and influential player in the portugeuse team, that's taking it too far...
Never said that he wasn't, but to say that C.Ronaldo = Portugal or that he dragged Portugal by himself is taking it too far awell..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:18 pm

Without Ronaldo Portugal don't make it out of the groups. I watched all of Portugal's games in the qualifiers and while they had players who do a very good job when needed, without Ronaldo's influence on their attacking game they would have lost/drew a lot of the games they ended up winning just purely because they have almost zero quality goal threats.

Last edited by Zealous on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Zealous wrote:Without Ronaldo Portugal don't make it out of the groups. I watched all of Portugal's games in the qualifiers and while they had players who do a very good job when needed without Ronaldo's influence on their attacking game they would have lost/drew a lot of the games they ended up winning just purely because they have almost zero quality goal threats.
Laughing That's why he scored only in two matches, against all mighty Luxembourg last year, and only against all mighty Northern Ireland this year? Portugal won Russia and played 2 draws with Israel without any input from Cronaldo.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:27 pm

harhar11 wrote:
farfan wrote:
him finishing third is  not relevant. you said he was not in the discussion for ballon d'or after the quarters finals when in fact he was according to many impartial fans and pundits .
him finishing third with so few votes shows that in the mind of most journalist, he was not in the discussion.

the journalists who voted for the uefa award =/= general public .

on a slightly related note , it's weird how ronaldo was dead even with messi in 2012 ( 17 votes each ) but only got 3 votes in 2013..
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:30 pm

farfan wrote:
harhar11 wrote:
farfan wrote:
the journalists who voted for the uefa  award =/= general public .

on a slightly related note  ,  it's weird how ronaldo was dead even with messi in 2012 ( 17 votes each ) but only got 3 votes in 2013..
General public ≠ Media, Coaches, Captains.

Cronaldo also had a homie vote with Portugal last year.

Last edited by Harmonica on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Zealous wrote:
He's comfortably in the first category for many, whether or not that's the case is for you to agree or disagree with but you at least have to realize that many do see him as the best right now.
I think if you asked a neutral 4/5 will say Messi is the best player in the world individually. That has not changed in 2 months.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Harmonica wrote:
Zealous wrote:Without Ronaldo Portugal don't make it out of the groups. I watched all of Portugal's games in the qualifiers and while they had players who do a very good job when needed without Ronaldo's influence on their attacking game they would have lost/drew a lot of the games they ended up winning just purely because they have almost zero quality goal threats.
:lol:That's why he scored only in two matches, against all mighty Luxembourg last year, and only against all mighty Northern Ireland this year? Portugal won Russia and played 2 draws with Israel without any input from Cronaldo.
Harmonica you are good with numbers, is it true that in the group stages C.Ronaldo only scored 4 out of 20 goals for Portugal? If true, god damn(!!) how he dragged Portugal to the world cup single-handedly!

farfan wrote:
the journalists who voted for the uefa  award =/= general public .

on a slightly related note  ,  it's weird how ronaldo was dead even with messi in 2012 ( 17 votes each ) but only got 3 votes in 2013..
How is it weird? Messi only won only a minor title last season, while C.ronaldo won la liga. So obviously some people would favour C.Ronaldo over Messi..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 39 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 39  Next