What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

+13
VivaStPauli
Cassius
Peccadillo
VanDeezNuts
DeletedUser#1
BarrileteCosmico
TalkingReckless
Firenze
Art Morte
Forza
Gil
Onyx
Kick
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How much is he worth? (in Pounds)

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_lcap21%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 6 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_lcap28%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_rcap 28% 
[ 8 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_lcap17%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_lcap17%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_lcap10%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_lcap7%What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 29

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Empty What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Kick Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:31 am

Let's say your current keeper suddenly retired, your club was left to buy a new keeper and they decided on Cech, how much would you expect them to pay for him?

I am very curious because I genuinely have no idea (trying to remove bias, which is hard).
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Onyx Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:01 pm

Around £20-25m.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? Empty Re: What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech?

Post by Gil Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:30 pm

£15m+
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Taking into account his age (31) and his position (GK) means about 5-10m. Cashed-up clubs would rather spend their money on younger GKs and clubs without that much money can't afford to splash on a GK. The good thing about being a GK is longevity. It's likely that he will be able to play at a high level for at least another 5-7 years.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:00 pm

Voted 15-20, but it's so difficult to define a player's market value. If Chelsea don't want to sell, it's upwards from £20m, if they're looking to make Courtois (or someone else) their new number one, then it could even be £10m.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:47 pm

Interesting spread of results, I get the feeling that GK's are harder to value than most players.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:50 pm

13-17m
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:23 am

What Is The Current Market Value of Petr Cech? 1375077_703977369626681_1120221623_n
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:07 am

I'm not sure. I think keepers are generally cheaper than other players (with some outliers like Buffon not being considered). Even if you could argue that it'd be worth it for your club to invest 20m into Petr Cech, would it really make sense considering you could get Ter Stegen or Guaita for less than half of that? It's not like Cech is far away the best in his position or a promising youth your club can count on for years.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 am

20M for a 31 year old ?? Really ??

12M max. There haven't been more than 5 keepers in the entire history to cost more than 15M...and all of them moves in their early-mid 20s because it's guaranteed they'll be there for decades. that's how it works with GKs.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:33 am

id say cech is worth 15m. despite his age you cant really under cut the price of a consistent goal keeper but considering chelsea may be looking to replace him with courtois next season id say he could go for as little as 5m.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:21 am

Kick wrote:Interesting spread of results, I get the feeling that GK's are harder to value than most players.
I think this is true.

I think this is true. Clubs only need one first choice keeper so the supply will often outweigh the demand. The other thing about keepers I feel like a lot of it is mental.. there is LESS (do not misconstrue) emphasis on their natural ability. You can go out and get a keeper that can do the job for 5mil. Would you rather get a 20mil BEAST defender + someone like Guzan or one Petr Cech? I feel like many might prefer the former.

Cech is supposedly valued by Chelsea at 22mil which I dont think is unreasonable, hes still young enough to get a good return on the investment. If a big club were in dire need of a w.c keeper and Chelsea were prepared to sell I don't think 20-25mil is necessarily too much to ask or pay. At the same time if we are talking the 14/15 window, if Chelsea decide they want to have a crack with Courtois or something, given he would only have a year left in his contract Chelsea probably wouldn't mind cashing in on him for 12-15mil at all.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:35 am

31 isn't old for a keeper.... thats like mid 20s for outfield player, Cech has atleast another 6-7 years in him even more
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:47 am

Peccadillo wrote:
Kick wrote:Interesting spread of results, I get the feeling that GK's are harder to value than most players.
I think this is true.

I think this is true. Clubs only need one first choice keeper so the supply will often outweigh the demand. The other thing about keepers I feel like a lot of it is mental.. there is LESS (do not misconstrue) emphasis on their natural ability. You can go out and get a keeper that can do the job for 5mil. Would you rather get a 20mil BEAST defender + someone like Guzan or one Petr Cech? I feel like many might prefer the former.

Cech is supposedly valued by Chelsea at 22mil which I dont think is unreasonable, hes still young enough to get a good return on the investment. If a big club were in dire need of a w.c keeper and Chelsea were prepared to sell I don't think 20-25mil is necessarily too much to ask or pay. At the same time if we are talking the 14/15 window, if Chelsea decide they want to have a crack with Courtois or something, given he would only have a year left in his contract Chelsea probably wouldn't mind cashing in on him for 12-15mil at all.
I think you've hit the nail on the head, thats why there is such a spread in the poll.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:09 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:20M for a 31 year old ?? Really ??

12M max. There haven't been more than 5 keepers in the entire history to cost more than 15M...and all of them moves in their early-mid 20s because it's guaranteed they'll be there for decades. that's how it works with GKs.
Couldn't agree more.

8-12 mil max.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:31 pm

Keepers are generally cheaper than other players, so... 8 to 12m?
Considering Neuer went for 20, Cech is the next best thing, quite a bit older, but he can easily play another 5 seasons if he doesn't get horribly injured.

Basically what Sepi said.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:21 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Considering Neuer went for 20
Well, it looks as if Bayern had to pay Schalke some extra millions as success reward for winning the CL etc. with him. Rumours say the price thus might have turned out to be 27 mio Euros altogether by now.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Neuer wasn't really proven though, Right now his value would be a lot higher.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm

rwo power wrote:
VivaStPauli wrote:Considering Neuer went for 20
Well, it looks as if Bayern had to pay Schalke some extra millions as success reward for winning the CL etc. with him. Rumours say the price thus might have turned out to be 27 mio Euros altogether by now.
Well worth it, the guy is a wall.

If my club were looking for a keeper i would have no qualms with them paying 25m+ for Cech. Remember we're talking about a top 5 gk here, in Chelseas champion league run he was the most important player for his team, the way he and his team prepares for penalties is unsurpassed by anyone, in any decade.

If unproven guys like Nerman are worth 40m+ then Cech should certainly be worth atleast 25m.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 pm

i would definitely say neuer was proven by the time of his sale to bayern.

one of the reason keepers go for less is because teams that have top class keepers like cech, van der sar, casillas, buffon etc. don't tend to sell unless the player really wants out- and in that case the value will drop.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:21 pm

you guys are comparing the likes of Neymar and Neuer.. the reason they were bought for such a high price was not for their current abilitie but their potential, Cech is 31.. 2-3 maximum good years left and the rest is downhill.
10-15m is more then fair.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:27 pm

I've seen 'keepers play very well up until they were 26 or 28.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Neuer wasn't really proven though, Right now his value would be a lot higher.
He was proven. Just came off a brilliant UCL season with Schalke and had been the shiznit domestically for a while. Also, his NT performances.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:37 pm

He was up and coming. Now he's established and playing for a top club. His value would be a lot higher.

Plus 31 isn't old for a GK. Cech's an established goalkeeper for a top team.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:He was up and coming. Now he's established and playing for a top club. His value would be a lot higher.
He was already established - really! Manuel Neuer stormed the scene when he was about 20 and became Schalke's Nr.1. The season after, he already shone in the Champion League (check "Manuel Neuer vs Porto" at youtube), and he was one of the brightest GK talents in the BL even then.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next