SamuelJayC
Jay29
Lex
RealGunner
11 posters

Go down

Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup] Empty Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup]

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/1000x695/oct_13/zp_185936388_SM_8998_0_9D30DFD_9322.jpg

Arsenal Vs Chelsea
Tuesday 29th October 19:45 BST Kick Off
Emirates Stadium
Referee: Phill Dowd

Capital One Cup

There is not really much to talk about regarding tomorrows match. Arsenal are in a situation where going all out for the Capital One Cup is out of the question. After playing Dortmund and Crystal Palace, We have Liverpool, Dortmund and Manchester United as our next 3 fixtures and tomorrow's capital one cup tie is sandwiched between it. Therefore, rotation is essential. Don't think anyone can argue with the fact that qualifying for the next round of the CL as well as staying at least top 3 in the PL is far more important than tomorrow's match. It is indeed true that any trophy at this point will be welcomed by the fans but with our injury list. It is not possible that we can field a strong team. We looked physically shattered after the Crystal Palace match. We are heavily depending on Giroud upfront while we have no proper wide players. So what i'll say is that it is a good thing we are playing at the Emirates and despite rotating, we shouldn't really go in with a shitty mentality. A great chance for the fringe players and the youngsters to impress the manager and the fans.

Chelsea

Chelsea have a pretty strong squad and they really don't have any major injuries. They come into tomorrows match with a very impressive run of form of 5 wins in a row and their record against Arsenal is excellent with only 4 defeats in last 23 meeting. It is fair to say Mourinho will absolutely hate to lose tomorrow and we should really expect a very difficult match.

Team News

No injuries for Chelsea

Arsenal will be without the suspended Mikel Arteta and Mathieu Flamini, who has a groin injury. Jack Wilshere is fit, but Serge Gnabry faces a fitness test on an ankle problem.

Probable team for Arsenal

-------------------------------Fabianski-----------------------------------
Jenkinson-----------Vermaelen------------Koscielny-----------------Monreal
---------------------Hayden-------------Wilshere--------------------------
Gnabry-------------------------Rosicky--------------------------Ryo
-------------------------Bendtner-------------------------------------------

Probable team for Chelsea

-------------------------------Schwarzer-------------------------------------
Azpilicueta--------------Kalas-------------Luiz------------------------Bertrand
---------------------Mikel---------------Essien-------------------------------
Willian-------------------------Mata-----------------------------De Bruyne
---------------------------Ba/Eto'o-------------------------------------------

Match Facts (BBC)

Head-to-head

• Chelsea have lost only four of their last 23 meetings with Arsenal in all competitions (W13, D6, L4).
  • The Blues have won their last three League Cup games against the Gunners, including victory in the 2007 final.

Arsenal

• Defeat would mean Arsenal suffer back-to-back home defeats (in all competitions) for the first time since February 2013, when Blackburn and then Bayern Munich won at the Emirates.
  • The Gunners have won nine of their last 10 home League Cup ties, scoring 29 times.
  • Their only defeat in that sequence was a 1-0 loss to Manchester City in 2011.
  • They have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight matches in this competition, a sequence that began with defeat to Birmingham in the 2011 final.

Chelsea

• The Blues won the League Cup twice in Jose Mourinho's first spell in charge - in 2005 and 2007.
  • In total, they have lifted the trophy four times - only Liverpool (eight) and Aston Villa (five) have won the competition more often.
  • Chelsea have won their last three away games in all competitions, scoring 10 times and conceding just once.

Final Words

Lets do this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup] Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup]

Post by Lex Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Are only chance is if Chelsea do indeed play that back four
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup] Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup]

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 pm

General feeling for this match: meh.

I would have been more up for it had Podolski and Chamberlain been fit, but as it is we're going to play a couple of young reserve players, while Chelsea will play what is, essentially, another first team. It's difficult to see how we're going to win.

I'm sure we'll be competitive and have the odd chance here and there, but we'll probably go out here. It'd be a shame, but injuries have hit at the wrong time and the upcoming schedule demands that keeping certain players fit and fresh be more a priority than progressing in this cup.

Knowing our luck, the game will go all the way to extra time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:24 pm

True that. However the abuse Arsene will get from the media and others, if we lose, will be hypocritically cringe worthy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:24 pm

Can't see us doing it. Pessimistic, but Chelsea too strong.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:40 pm

AFC XI in Wenger's first game v Mourinho (2-2, 2004):
Almunia
Lauren Touré Campbell Cole
Pirès Fàbregas Flamini Reyes
Bergkamp Henry

AFC XI in Wenger's last game v Mourinho (1-1, 2007):
Lehmann
Eboué Touré Gallas Clichy
Denílson Fàbregas Gilberto Diaby
Adebayor Baptista

Laughing 
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:43 pm

That rigid, unimaginative 4-4-2 formation makes my head hurt
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:56 pm

Will be extremely tough to pull out a win tomorrow considering their squad depth, but frankly the upcoming games are far more important.

I personally won't be too down if we get knocked out tomorrow, the games against Liverpool and Dortmund will really shape our season and we'll need our starting 11 to be fit and not too fatigued for them.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:20 pm

been already thinking about Liverpool game since yday
this one can only be bonus(priorities)

but lets see our back line wouldnt be that bad
gives me feeling of when were ousted by expensive city side meh
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:37 am

there is some good optimism among some fangroups about this game.. but i have already given up on this.. and it is better to watch this one with nothing to lose mentality.. the same time many want to play our youngsters and think they can win this.. seriously ? our u18 squad against Chelseas experienced world class second team..?
forget about this cup and lets hope we have better luck in FA cup draws.. i will be sad only if we lose by a big margin considering our defence should be near first team quality with Monreal, Verminator, Met/Kos and Jenko.. but with both Arteta and Flamini out i dont think the defence will get protection like vs West Brom when we defended quite well, unless someone from youth team goes beyond age with an amazing game.. and some gametime for Bendtner as he needs to be ready for first team action in PL games esp with big games coming up..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:27 pm

I hope this is not the line up. Laughing
I can predict An Epic Win. :bow:

Arsenal Vs Chelsea [Capital One Cup] BXv1xUEIYAAkqft
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Mourinho ‘What I’m thinking is a question mark. Because Arsenal doesn’t win a title for a long time, do they do this to kill us before the game or is it just occasional? One team play 12.30pm on Saturday another play 4pm on Sunday.

‘Another team play against Crystal Palace, the other against Manchester City and now we have to play on Tuesday. For me it’s a question mark. I won’t play youngsters but I won’t play the players that played against City.

rofl 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Mourinho ‘What I’m thinking is a question mark. Because Arsenal doesn’t win a title for a long time, do they do this to kill us before the game or is it just occasional? One team play 12.30pm on Saturday another play 4pm on Sunday.

‘Another team play against Crystal Palace, the other against Manchester City and now we have to play on Tuesday. For me it’s a question mark. I won’t play youngsters but I won’t play the players that played against City.

rofl 
Fraudinho whining about fixtures after having 2 sets of first team players and having international experienced players worth millions in the bench.. :brickwall:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:22 pm

all mind games. moaninho will field a strong side.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm

So in the UK the clocks have been set back an hour already right? It looks like the game is going to be kicking off an hour after I expected it to, meaning that I will miss the second half at a dentist appointment :facepalm:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Match in 1 hour and 15 mins
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:30 pm

Wilshere, Özil, Cazorla and Giroud have all come off the team bus, apparently.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:36 pm

Christ, I was getting ready thinking the game was gonna start now. 20:45 my time.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Anyway, even if we start a second string team there is always a chance...so Come On You Gunners!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Wilshere, Özil, Cazorla and Giroud have all come off the team bus, apparently.
I assume Ozil and Giroud will be on the bench. Was hoping they were not included at all.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm

Arsenal: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ryo, Bendtner

subs: Viviano, Sagna, Hayden, Yennaris, Ozil, Giroud, Park

Chelsea team tonight: Schwarzer; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Luiz, Bertrand; Mikel, Essien; De Bruyne, Mata, Willian; Eto'o
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down