iftikhar
Red Alert
DeletedUser#1
17 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Spurs vs. Liverpool - Page 4 Empty Re: Spurs vs. Liverpool

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:09 am

mr-r34 wrote:Not sure how i feel about Suarez as captain, hopefully it gets the best out of him, hopefully he understands what an honor it is to wear the band.

He wore it at Ajax.

He's also wore it at Liverpool before.

No problems with him as captain.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:04 am

Motogp69 wrote:The game at Anfield was amazing last year when you guys just pipped the victory. Going to be a cracker.

Not sure if I would call the game amazing. What I would call amazing about that game was the Spurs collapse. So absolutely typical of Spurs to throw away the game the way they did.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:29 am

Tottenham academy coach Bradley Allen on BBC Radio London after Anzhi match

"Spurs have been very professional this evening. It sets them up in a positive frame of mind.

"I think Jermain Defoe has been given the nod already for the game against Liverpool, despite Roberto Soldado's hat-trick."

Also Sandro said something about him and Capoue having been given the green light that they will be starting against us. Also Paulinho was rested for the Anzhi match and he's their regular PL starter. However Dembele played so not sure if he'll start or it'll be Holtby.

I like Defoe ahead of Soldado for them. Defoe has a knack to miss a lot of chances. I don't think we'll give Spurs many openings and hopefully the ones they do get Defoe pulls a regular out of the hat.

It would be good for us if Dembele is benched by AVB and he starts with Holtby-Sandro-Paulinho. Don't want Eriksen playing at all tomorrow.

And lastly their center defense looks pretty terrible if they go with Capoue-Dawson. I fancy Suarez against their high line with Coutinho's throughballs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:39 am

We have to defend against Skrtel as well Mc.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:45 am

I think we'll definitely get at least 1 goal tomorrow. Their high line plays beautifully to our strengths. Now the most important thing is to not make any stupid defensive mistakes/own goals etc. A winnable match, if I ever saw one ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:33 am

I'd rather see Soldado starting than Defoe. To me, Tottenham have linked up better with Defoe up front than Soldado.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:35 am

Nishank wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Nishank wrote:MUST.WIN.GAME

if we lose tomorrow we can say goodbye to champions league. losing to spurs is unacceptable. losing to anyone is unacceptable. any time we lose it's the worst thing ever.

or draw. drawing is also unacceptable.

MUST.

Losing here wont help us in the run, We'll fall into the mix for 5th and 6th while we still have to play City and Chelsea away, Which isnt an ideal scenario right now.

I said nothing about losing here helping us. I would hate if we lost, for many different reasons. I just don't understand the attitude everyone seems to have that every game decides the season. We can lose to Hull, we can lose to Tottenham, we can lose to anyone in between them, and still finish top 4. The question is not who we lose to but rather how many we lose, and we're NOWHERE close enough to the end of the season to decide if we're at that point yet. Let's have a chat in March/April about "must-win games", shall we?

I just find it ridiculous. I went back about three months worth of match threads earlier today and found just one where some version of "This is a must win game" was not posted. That was the Arsenal thread that was in the general section, and everyone was too busy reverse-jinxing to say must-win. It's been literally every other game. You'll have to forgive me for thinking that's absurd.

As a total aside, saw the Hobbit tonight - great avatar Thumbs up
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:55 am

Im pretty sure still most of us think we are work in progress, I still dont think we are strong enough for the top 4. We are second and it feels awesome! But how long will we last there, I want to last in the top 4 as far as we can go in the season, So that come March we still have a final go at the top4. These games are very difficult but its a must win if we want to stay up make some difference from the fight below us.

At the end of the day, The only reason we/most of us find every game a must win game is because its been 5 years since we've been this high, Us fans want it to stay that way a little longer.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:29 am

stevieg8 wrote:
Nishank wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:

if we lose tomorrow we can say goodbye to champions league. losing to spurs is unacceptable. losing to anyone is unacceptable. any time we lose it's the worst thing ever.

or draw. drawing is also unacceptable.

MUST.

Losing here wont help us in the run, We'll fall into the mix for 5th and 6th while we still have to play City and Chelsea away, Which isnt an ideal scenario right now.

I said nothing about losing here helping us.  I would hate if we lost, for many different reasons.  I just don't understand the attitude everyone seems to have that every game decides the season.  We can lose to Hull, we can lose to Tottenham, we can lose to anyone in between them, and still finish top 4.  The question is not who we lose to but rather how many we lose, and we're NOWHERE close enough to the end of the season to decide if we're at that point yet.  Let's have a chat in March/April about "must-win games", shall we?

Every game is a "must win" game.

There's 7 teams fighting to get into the top 4. We shouldn't rely on them dropping points. We're responsible for our own faith. Winning against the "bigger" sides like Sepi has said, are 6 point games. You don't just get top 4 by beating the bottom 6. I do agree, it's not the end of the world if we do drop points here and there but the intent to win has to be there - which it hasn't been there season, not away from home anyway.

Keep in mind these teams, Spurs, Chelsea, City and Arsenal etc are just going to get stronger and stronger (as are we if we do get players that improve the starting XI) so we shouldn't say it's "acceptable" to drop points here and there and let them get a lead. Yes, we'll look at it in March. But we must go out looking to win every game possible.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:19 pm

Can this 'must win' and 'bonus game' non-sense end! Let's put it this way, if we are serious about T4 then all games are must win. After we secure T4 all games are bonus.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Liverpool XI v Tottenham: Mignolet, Flanagan, Sakho, Skrtel, Johnson, Allen, Lucas, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez

LFC subs: Jones, Kelly, Agger, Aspas, Moses, Luis Alberto, Toure

Tottenham XI v Liverpool: Lloris, Walker, Capoue, Dawson, Naughton, Paulinho, Sandro, Lennon, Dembele, Chadli, Soldado

Tottenham subs - Friedel, Fryers, Holtby, Lamela, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Defoe.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:24 pm

O and Suarez is captain!! That would be exciting!  cheers 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Have to say that I strongly disagree of Suarez being the captain...

Anyway, a win here would be massive and a draw quite ok, too. Get in there!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:46 pm

Red Alert wrote:
stevieg8 wrote:
Nishank wrote:

I said nothing about losing here helping us.  I would hate if we lost, for many different reasons.  I just don't understand the attitude everyone seems to have that every game decides the season.  We can lose to Hull, we can lose to Tottenham, we can lose to anyone in between them, and still finish top 4.  The question is not who we lose to but rather how many we lose, and we're NOWHERE close enough to the end of the season to decide if we're at that point yet.  Let's have a chat in March/April about "must-win games", shall we?

Every game is a "must win" game.

There's 7 teams fighting to get into the top 4. We shouldn't rely on them dropping points. We're responsible for our own faith. Winning against the "bigger" sides like Sepi has said, are 6 point games. You don't just get top 4 by beating the bottom 6. I do agree, it's not the end of the world if we do drop points here and there but the intent to win has to be there - which it hasn't been there season, not away from home anyway.  

Keep in mind these teams, Spurs, Chelsea, City and Arsenal etc are just going to get stronger and stronger (as are we if we do get players that improve the starting XI) so we shouldn't say it's "acceptable" to drop points here and there and let them get a lead. Yes, we'll look at it in March. But we must go out looking to win every game possible.

I have NEVER disagreed with the part in bold, and I never would because it's the part of what you've been saying I agree with most. The mentality of this team has been poor at times. I want to see them up for every match, every match should be considered a win. But that is not what "must-win" means. The fact that you said right before that that it wouldn't be the end of the world if we lost (I assume you meant in terms of our top 4 hopes, not in terms of life outside of footy) is exactly my point. This is NOT a must-win game. This is a game we would like to win because winning is better than losing, because winning makes us happy, because winning inspires a mentality, because it will put us in better position.

But that's not how people have been interpreting that, and it's shown by our reactions to losing these so-called "must-win" games. The reaction is one of despair, that we've lost all shot at top 4 because we've lost a "must-win" game. If we lost all three games against these big sides and then won out, we wouldn't finish top 4? Horseshit. Stop counting losses before they happen and assuming we need points here because we won't get them later. Until we've lost, I assume we'll win every single game, and until we've dropped enough points that a loss will knock us out of contention for the top 4 (or bring us damn close), games are NOT must-win.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:48 pm

On the contrary i really believe this will give an additional boost to his game and mentality!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:48 pm

HOLY SHITE YAAAAAAAAAAAS we are so good. Should be winning like 5-0 at half time. ffs
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:49 pm

0-2 at ht

Could of not had a better first half, was *bleep* splendid.

Suarez you legend, should of had 1 more after that keeper stuff up.

sterling beasted it in the first 20 mins, his having a really good game, surprisingly.

Flano is holding himself well, so is our midfield.

Only disappointment is Johnson, feels like if a goal is coming, its coming from that side.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:50 pm

It's ONLY HALF-TIME but fk me, what a performance so far! They've had two half-chances, Soldado and Holtby, but other than that we've been all over them! Just keep this up, please please!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:29 pm

70 minutes gone, we're 2 - 0 and a man up. Should just make a substitution or two now to make sure we don't get outdone in stamina.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Oh but it's Flanagaaaaaan  Very Happy 
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:34 pm

Is the best match in the career played by Jordan  Henderson ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:53 pm

And we've won 0 - 5 goddammit man!!! Very Happy

What a performance! Of course the, deserved!, red card helped, but we were well onto to victory even before that!

Suarez, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, all with superb outings!

5 - 0 !

Five fking nil!!!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Great win.
I thought we were at Anfield the way we played. 5-0 against Spurs wow.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Suarezzzzzz  :bow: :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Sterling :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Flanno :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Midfield :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Clean sheet :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

5 *bleep* nil :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

Away win :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

F*&k the spuds :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Screw the pessimists!! We ARE LIVERPOOL!

cheers cheers cheers 

banana banana banana 

drinking drinking drinking 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:17 pm

Our best result under BR. What a fantastic game.

As said before, Gerrard injury is a blessing in disguise. He disrupts the flow of the game at times. Not surprisingly, Allen, Hendo and Lucas — all beasted this game.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next