inderbaby
jibers
47 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

- Mozart | Andrea Pirlo - Page 2 Empty Re: - Mozart | Andrea Pirlo

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:44 am

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:Xavi may be more fit but Pirlo's playing style does not require him to be super fast or anything, therefore its not a huge factor.

Thank you captain obvious for basically saying and repeting what I just said.

:lucas:

No.

Xavi is more fit than Pirlo, you try to contest that. I simply stated my opinion in a short, concise sentence. It had nothing to do with your quantitative post.

The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 am

Pirlo defends very well to be honest, not sure where you guys are seeing his defensive lapses for Juventus at least.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 am

juvefan4life wrote:I will go with Inder on this one. As much as i love Pirlo, Xavi is ahead of him in terms of fitness, meaning that he actually defends better and runs more than Pirlo. They do play in same positions indeed, however Pirlo is way more fragile than Xavi. In that sense, I say Xavi is better.

Their play making skills are insane though. Just incredible.

Forza Trezeguet Laughing

In terms of fitness?
I'd beg to differ.

Let's put this in perspective shall we?

1) Pirlo never got injured(Severly)
2) Pirlo has started every game... Season and Pre-Season.
3) Pirlo has played in every game with the National team and yet plays with Juve as a Starter
4) Even with a leg injury against Napoli, he still went out to play
5) As these stats currently show, Pirlo is in amazing form in which means his fitness is up to par.

Now your sense of claiming Xavi runs more? Since when does Pirlo's role consist in running more...? He's a regista, he's not meant to run, rather get the ball and spread play, SO OTHERS RUN, find open space or what not. Now that being said, haven't you seen Pirlo run? The man is running everywhere non stop, back and fourth from the pitch. Running in comparison to Xavi does not make him the better player, in my books that point is completely irrelavent.

More Fragile? That stats don't lie, his completition of passing is on top. Meaning, if he was fragile he would have many incomplete passes.

First of all, you are talking about this season only.

I am talking for Pirlo IN OVERALL.

Pirlo indeed never got injured and started every game, however It's not even been half a season and you're trying to tell me that Pirlo who used to always be injured in Milan suddenly is an "always fit and reliable player".

Im happy he hasnt gotten injured right now, but as i mentioned, it isnt even half a season FFS.

Then, have you seen how easy is to get rid of him one on one? He's not nearly as fast as Xavi and people can dribble him more easily than Xavi.

Regista or not, every player is meant to run LOL, players win balls. And Xavi does it better than Pirlo.

Do not make me show statistics of Xavi's passing. they are more impressive than those of Pirlos.

At the end, I support Pirlo more than Xavi obviously, but Im trying to be unbiased.

Forza Trezegol! Laughing
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:46 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:Xavi may be more fit but Pirlo's playing style does not require him to be super fast or anything, therefore its not a huge factor.

No.

Xavi is more fit than Pirlo, you try to contest that. I simply stated my opinion in a short, concise sentence. It had nothing to do with your quantitative post.

"Now your sense of claiming Xavi runs more? Since when does Pirlo's role consist in running more...? He's a regista, he's not meant to run, rather get the ball and spread play, SO OTHERS RUN, find open space or what not. Now that being said, haven't you seen Pirlo run? The man is running everywhere non stop, back and fourth from the pitch. Running in comparison to Xavi does not make him the better player, in my books that point is completely irrelavent."
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:47 am

Luca wrote:Pirlo defends very well to be honest, not sure where you guys are seeing his defensive lapses for Juventus at least.

Yeah he has been pretty good especially with interceptions, ive been surprised about how he reads the game and makes challenges and steals.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:48 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:

No.

"Now your sense of claiming Xavi runs more? Since when does Pirlo's role consist in running more...? He's a regista, he's not meant to run, rather get the ball and spread play, SO OTHERS RUN, find open space or what not. Now that being said, haven't you seen Pirlo run? The man is running everywhere non stop, back and fourth from the pitch. Running in comparison to Xavi does not make him the better player, in my books that point is completely irrelavent."

I dont understand what you are getting at

We have similar opinions? lol I think you are just trying to be an asshole but are doing a really bad job at it.

Last edited by The_ItalianFool on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:48 am

I even remember a time yesterday when he intercepted a cross in Juventus' box and started the counter from there, he doesn't get enough credit for his play defensively.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 am

juvefan4life wrote:
juvefan4life wrote:I will go with Inder on this one. As much as i love Pirlo, Xavi is ahead of him in terms of fitness, meaning that he actually defends better and runs more than Pirlo. They do play in same positions indeed, however Pirlo is way more fragile than Xavi. In that sense, I say Xavi is better.

Their play making skills are insane though. Just incredible.

Forza Trezeguet Laughing

In terms of fitness?
I'd beg to differ.

Let's put this in perspective shall we?

1) Pirlo never got injured(Severly)
2) Pirlo has started every game... Season and Pre-Season.
3) Pirlo has played in every game with the National team and yet plays with Juve as a Starter
4) Even with a leg injury against Napoli, he still went out to play
5) As these stats currently show, Pirlo is in amazing form in which means his fitness is up to par.

Now your sense of claiming Xavi runs more? Since when does Pirlo's role consist in running more...? He's a regista, he's not meant to run, rather get the ball and spread play, SO OTHERS RUN, find open space or what not. Now that being said, haven't you seen Pirlo run? The man is running everywhere non stop, back and fourth from the pitch. Running in comparison to Xavi does not make him the better player, in my books that point is completely irrelavent.

More Fragile? That stats don't lie, his completition of passing is on top. Meaning, if he was fragile he would have many incomplete passes.

First of all, you are talking about this season only.

I am talking for Pirlo IN OVERALL.

Pirlo indeed never got injured and started every game, however It's not even been half a season and you're trying to tell me that Pirlo who used to always be injured in Milan suddenly is an "always fit and reliable player".

Im happy he hasnt gotten injured right now, but as i mentioned, it isnt even half a season FFS.

Then, have you seen how easy is to get rid of him one on one? He's not nearly as fast as Xavi and people can dribble him more easily than Xavi.

Regista or not, every player is meant to run LOL, players win balls. And Xavi does it better than Pirlo.

Do not make me show statistics of Xavi's passing. they are more impressive than those of Pirlos.

At the end, I support Pirlo more than Xavi obviously, but Im trying to be unbiased.

Forza Trezegol! Laughing

Overrall Who was Xavi back in 2006?
Pirlo already made a name for himself when he played for Brescia LOL...

Pirlo has been amazing since 2005 up until now. Granted last season, not his best, and I'm getting the feeling that you're judging him by last season and not in general. Have you followed Pirlo in the past?

Are you kidding me now? The man is able to go through three players, currently and in the past. Pirlo usually gets closed in by three players, and is able to go through them like no tommorow. Dunga himself says Pirlo plays like a Brazilian for his 'Bonito' whatever you call dribbling moves.

Once again, Pirlo has been running his ass off, front and back of the pitch. You not noticing that is odd. But then again, Pirlo is not meant to run much, his position is to be a Regista, plain and simple and that means running a lot is not needed, in comparison to Xavi it's completely irrelvant.

Show me stats of Xavi, and supply me a source. I'd like to show you from 2006 up until now who's better witihen dominating in midfield.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:55 am

At least Fab is getting my point.

Wont continue to debate over nothing LOL.
AND....

Stop neg repping fab over nothing.

Sciaccia...Xavi is a player who has been a shadow of Pirlo before 2006.

2011-2006=5

For 5 years he has equaled Pirlo's World Cup success and has held Barca rule the world consecutively.

And do not change the subject to history now...Xavi is mroe fit than Pirlo, thats it.

Last edited by juvefan4life on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:57 am; edited 1 time in total
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:57 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:
I dont understand what you are getting at

We have similar opinions? lol I think you are just trying to be an asshole but are doing a really bad job at it.

Odd? The other day I was according to you a "Condesending A*hole'. So 'trying' to be one, might go against your insult there Fabri. Laughing

Similar opinion, could be, but you having a similar opinion is like 1/100 chance. But hey, we agree on something, sadly what I explained, you just reexplained.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:00 am

Come on now though, Xavi is better because he is more fit? Well then Pepe is better than Pirlo and Xavi combined because he works harder.

Its apples and oranges, let it be.
Both are tremendous players
Both have accomplished it all
Both are world class

That being said, I prefer Pirlo for my own biased reasons

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:04 am

Luca wrote:Come on now though, Xavi is better because he is more fit? Well then Pepe is better than Pirlo and Xavi combined because he works harder.

Both are world class

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by TrezeGent Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:07 am

Luca wrote:Come on now though, Xavi is better because he is more fit? Well then Pepe is better than Pirlo and Xavi combined because he works harder.

Both are world class

Sometimes I wonder why do I waste my time in here Evil or Very Mad

DO NOT DEVIATE MY POINT, POST SOMETHING WORTHY.

I said that Pirlo and Xavi are SO CLOSE TOGETHER IN TERMS OF PLAYING. I even said that I support Pirlo more because im a Juve and Serie A fan. The gap however is in Xavis favor because he is more fit and physically capable.

These two players might have 99 similarities, that 1 is that fitness I was talking about.

I mentioned a million times that Im in Pirlos support. Sigh.. scratch
TrezeGent
TrezeGent
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:09 am

Today, Xavi>Pirlo in terms of being an asset to a team. I think Xavi will go on longer than Pirlo.

At their peaks, Pirlo>Xavi.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:10 am

Do not deviate my point, I was making a general statement towards everyone in this thread.

And I disagree with your point about Xavi being more physically capable, since Xavi or Pirlo could easily slip and fall tomorrow and miss their next game respectively (knock on wood) and then your response would change.

Form is temporary
Class is permanent

Even without that example, I fail to see how Xavi is this fitness God and Pirlo is not, has Pirlo not given enough effort for Juventus and Italy this season? Because I was one of the most critical people against Pirlo's fitness and thus far I am pleasantly surprised.

And I wonder why you waste your time here too because if your time is that valuable then by all means, jog on and take these idiotic remarks with you because they aren't needed.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:16 am

'Because I'm a Juve fan' does not justify our opinions.
Pirlo is better.
Fitness and Runs are not good enough points to justify it
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:18 am

Luca wrote:Do not deviate my point, I was making a general statement towards everyone in this thread.

And I disagree with your point about Xavi being more physically capable, since Xavi or Pirlo could easily slip and fall tomorrow and miss their next game respectively (knock on wood) and then your response would change.

Form is temporary
Class is permanent

Even without that example, I fail to see how Xavi is this fitness God and Pirlo is not, has Pirlo not given enough effort for Juventus and Italy this season? Because I was one of the most critical people against Pirlo's fitness and thus far I am pleasantly surprised.

And I wonder why you waste your time here too because if your time is that valuable then by all means, jog on and take these idiotic remarks with you because they aren't needed.

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:22 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Why even be surprised? This is Pirlo were talking about here.

Xavi? The overrated guy who is surronded himself with World Class players and a player who plays in La Liga, please. Bring him to Italian football in a normal club like Juventus(as nobody compares to Barca) and I'd like to see him play just as good or better than Pirlo.

Pirlo > Xavi

They look pretty unorganized when xavi isnt in the lineup

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:24 pm

Luca wrote:Do not deviate my point, I was making a general statement towards everyone in this thread.

Form is temporary
Class is permanent

I dont think you are understanding the idea of fitness, it has nothing to do with the possibility of slipping and falling, or effort.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:30 pm

sigh

by effort I meant stamina, how long a player can keep going at a high level throughout one game, throughout a number of consecutive games
fitness is temporary because a fall, or turn, a tackle and these players can get injured- it can happen to anyone

whats your idea of fitness?
oh and I'd love to here reasons why Xavi is more 'fit' than Pirlo right now, plausible reasons

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:35 pm

When I think of fitness, I think of completely physical aspects (as fitness relates to physicality).

Speed, Strength and Stamina are the big ones in fitness, as well as Endurance. I think Xavi wins here.

While things like effort and playing style are just as important if not more, I dont think they fall under fitness.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:38 pm

By effort I really meant stamina, I just miss used it, was typing quickly. I was trying to say effort throughout the game, I mean if a player completely fades 65 minutes in they are not fit- plain and simple, once one notices that less effort is being offered, that is the conclusion I arrive at.

Again, though those are just things you are speculating on. For example you would literally have to see Pirlo and Xavi in a foot race to see who was faster, some things are given like Krasic being faster than Barzagli. I just think that if Xavi is faster than Pirlo it is a pretty slim difference. This just being an example versus testing one of your components of fitness.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Luca wrote:By effort I really meant stamina, I just miss used it, was typing quickly. I was trying to say effort throughout the game, I mean if a player completely fades 65 minutes in they are not fit- plain and simple, once one notices that less effort is being offered, that is the conclusion I arrive at.

Again, though those are just things you are speculating on. For example you would literally have to see Pirlo and Xavi in a foot race to see who was faster, some things are given like Krasic being faster than Barzagli. I just think that if Xavi is faster than Pirlo it is a pretty slim difference. This just being an example versus testing one of your components of fitness.

I agree on all accounts.

However, since we cannot have these kinds of test, I am using my honest judgement and am admitting that I do believe Xavi has better fitness, and in turn will be a better asset to a team because I feel he will also go on playing longer than Pirlo due to fitness. Pirlo just looks older than Xavi to me.

Of course, this is purely opinion.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Fair enough, thats all I was getting at. It is basically purely opinion, even with an objective thing like speed because we just cannot know for certain.

Sure in the past 2-3 years I believe that Xavi has been more fit than Pirlo but this season I do not see strong differences (compared to prior seasons, knock on wood I hope it stays like that)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:46 pm

Luca wrote:Fair enough, thats all I was getting at. It is basically purely opinion, even with an objective thing like speed because we just cannot know for certain.

Sure in the past 2-3 years I believe that Xavi has been more fit than Pirlo but this season I do not see strong differences (compared to prior seasons, knock on wood I hope it stays like that)

I said this in another post, idk where tho.

Today: Xavi>Pirlo
During their respective peaks: Pirlo>Xavi
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CaseyBoi Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:11 pm

Pirlo is amazing. His vision and range of passing are out of this world!
He just tends to mess up though and lose possession in dangerous positions in our half. I think he needs to work on that before he costs us a goal or even worse 3 points..

Pirlo :king:
CaseyBoi
CaseyBoi
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next