Lex
jibers
boyzis
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Managerial Quotes  Empty Managerial Quotes

Post by boyzis Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:00 pm

Please put football managerial quotes here, the ones which you feel are classics, pre post match conference quotes which reveal managerial insights, thought processes etc. Physiological mind games quotes etc. I will start of with a few

Jurgen Klopp is explaining in his unique way the difference between his Borussia Dortmund side and Arsene Wenger's Arsenal.
"He is really something. I love him. He is Sir Arsene Wenger. He is "hello (making a handshake gesture)". I'm this guy,' Klopp continues as he high-fives the air.
"But he likes having the ball, playing football, passes... it's like an orchestra,' he adds, gesturing as if playing a violin, "but it is a silent song. I like heavy metal more. I always want it loud.

The Chelsea boss said: 'Some strikers, they are players with fantastic individual qualities and can by themselves do what their team not able to do. Our strikers do not have this kind of quality or potential.

'I'm not criticising them, because they do other jobs. The number of goals is quite frustrating, for them as much as me, but the contribution is good.

City have a very strong squad, I do not deny that. But I look at my squad and I do not envy them
Arsène Wenger

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Managerial Quotes  Empty Re: Managerial Quotes

Post by jibers Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:01 pm

"I did not see it"

Arsene Wenger
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Man City vs Arsenal 14-12-2013

"Let's not forget as well that if you are in City's position. If they lose they are nine points behind, so they have more negative pressure than we have.

"We have a positive pressure that we can make a big difference with them, so let's look at it like that."

FULHAM MANAGER:

"Every manager has his own style. My style is a mixture of where I come from in Holland, based on good possessional play but with an attacking intent. I have spent many times working alongside Sir Alex Ferguson and it wasn't any different so hopefully in time to come I can blend that style into the Fulham team, but that takes a bit of time.

"In the Christmas period, we have Norwich away, Hull away and West Ham and the cup game against Norwich. That is a challenging time. That's when you really need to utilise the qualities of the squad.

"It will (stretch them to the limit.) You need to be picking the right teams for those games.

"I have been very happy with everyone's contribution so far. The training has been excellent. The application has been fantastic. They are throwing themselves into what I throw at them.

"The basic ingredients for any performance are based on work rate and commitment. If that's not there you can be the best players in the world but you won't get results. That's what I wanted to establish first.

"You have different players with different qualities and you have to utilise all of them to the best of their capabilities."

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:16 pm

"Ben Arthur"
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:38 pm

I'm deceived. Where are the 'Arry quotes?!

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:46 pm

"It was a great performance" -Max Allegri after every terrible performance
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Typical Germans.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Sky Reporter: "How do you stop Man City @ the Etihad?"

Wenger: "We make them believe they play away!"

Proud
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:34 pm

"He could've been killed!" -SAF speaking of RVP
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:41 pm

All by Pep

"I can't promise titles but I am convinced that the fans will be proud of us".
(17-06-08. Press conference on being presented as the new manager of FC Barcelona)

"I give you my word that we will put in an effort. I don't know if we'll win, but we'll persist. Put on your seat belts, because we're going to have fun".
(16-08-08. Presentation at the Camp Nou of Barça 2008/09 to the fans)

"There is no doubt that we won't let you down on Wednesday". (May 27 was the day of the Champions League Final in Rome).
(23-05-09. Celebration in Camp Nou of Liga and Copa del Rey double)

"I always do it, but today I want to thank the players for the months they've put in. They have played very well sometimes, and the people have enjoyed that. I never forget that they are the ones who make me great".
(19-12-2009. Press conference after winning the Clubs World Cup)

"We owed the fans one for the way they treated us after we were knocked out of the Champions League".
(16-05-2010. On winning the second league in a row with 99 points)

"I want to continue doing my work well and for the people to be proud of how we do it".
(19-07-2010. First press conference of the season 2010/11)

"I once again give you my word that we'll make every effort to be successful. I ask you to get comfortable because I get the feeling that we're going to have fun once again".
(25-08-2010. Presentation to the fans of the 2010/11 team at the Camp Nou)

"I don't want to live off what I've done. There is nowhere like this, but we have to carry on winning".
(11-02-2011. First press conference after renewing his contract)

"It is a major success to have reached two Champions League finals in three years. I'm infinitely grateful to these players. I'm delighted with the way we did it".
(03-05-2011. Press conference after qualifying for the Champions League Final at Wembley)

"Now we just want to enjoy it, eat a lot, dance a lot, sing a lot... do a lot of a lot. We have to organise parties because this title warrants them. And we have time to get ready for the final in Wembley".
(11-05-2011. On winning the third Liga title out of three)

"We are happy when you win, but also with the way we did it... now we've got four, and that's a great number".
(28-05-2011. On winning the club's fourth Champions League at Wembley against Manchester United (3-1)

"If we get up early and have a think, believe me, we are an unstoppable country. Thank you and Long Live Catalonia".
(08-09-2011. Speech at the Parliament of Catalonia after receiving its Medal of Honour)

Pep comment towards Mou in 2010-2011 CL

"He’s the f...king boss, the f...king master and I can’t compete with him at any instant... Off the field, he’s already beaten me. I gift him this off-field Champions League prize. I hope he takes it home and enjoys it. I’d just remind him that that we worked together for four years." by Pep Guardiola

Pep after he joined Bayern, referring to Barcelona

"It is said that is easier to get a new wife than to change the club you support, and that is correct." by Pep Guardiola

"I had the great luck of finding my passion when I was young. I was born in a small town in Catalonia and one day I saw a ball and it liberated me. I said, I want to dedicate myself to this. To find a dose of fortune and live with that passion... Dont listen to your parents or brothers, your girlfriend or boyfriend. You have to discover what it is you really like, that is key. I had the luck to discover it (football) and live with it." by Pep Guardiola
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:30 pm

Also by Pep, from today:

"We are not the best team in Europe at the moment"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Also by Pep, from today:

"We are not the best team in Europe at the moment"

Pep praising Arsenal :bow:
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Sky Reporter: Don't you think using Zonal marking is a bad idea against Tim Cahill?

Rafa: Did you see the goal Cahill scored last week? (Referring to Wigan's man-to-man marking which didn't lead to stopping Cahill anyways)

Sky Reporter: Yes, but.

Rafa (interrupts): There, you have your answer.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:00 pm

"We showed great character" - Every Brendan Rodgers post game interview ever
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 pm

" It is very important to be first in the group but not the most important thing. It was difficult to score two goals and I think that Silva couldn't play more than 70 minutes."

(Manuel Pellegrini , after Bayern-City 2-3 . He didn't know it was sufficient to win 2-4 Laughing)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:05 am

Firenze wrote:"We showed great character" - Every Brendan Rodgers post game interview ever

"Great tactician" - Brendan Rodgers quote on every player that has just signed for Liverpool

He actually has a lot more. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:24 am

For the people who speak German - here you can always find the best Christian Streich quotes as video clips: http://www.badische-zeitung.de/streich-o-mat
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:11 am

Malesani often raged like mad in post match interview. That's his character, passionate and insane.Above is one of them with subtitles, lots of quotable rage.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:57 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:01 am

urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:01 am

Mourinho about Cruyff (clockwork pls)

"Since 1996, he refuses to step into the new football reality," said Mourinho. "Football is waiting for him to be a teacher. I want him to come forward and teach me. I humbly ask for it. I want him to help me to be a better coach because I don't want to stop learning. "But he cannot teach me to be national champion because I already am three times. He cannot teach me how to win cups and Super Cups because I already did. He cannot teach me to conquer the UEFA Cup because I also have it. He cannot teach me to become a European champion either. I don’t want him to teach me how to lose 4-0 in a Champions League final because I don’t want to learn that”

“Barcelona is a cultural city with many great theatres and this boy has learned very well. He’s learned play-acting.”
José Mourinho on Lionel Messi

“I have to train with 10 men [to prepare for the Barcelona semi-final], how to play with 10 men, because I go there with Chelsea, I finish with 10, I go there with Inter, I finish with 10 and I have to train to play with 10 men because it can happen again.”
José Mourinho on playing Barcelona
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Ancelotti: "I was not looking at the stands when I celebrated the victory, I was looking at heaven because heaven has called me bastard so many times during the game so I was looking to say thanks"

Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:23 pm

Wenger:

"Gerard Houllier's thoughts on the matter [international football] echo mine. He thinks that what the national coaches are doing is like taking the car from his garage without even asking permission. They will then use the car for ten days and abandon it in a field without any petrol left in the tank. We then have to recover it, but it is broken down. Then a month later they will come to take your car again, and for good measure you're expected to be nice about it."
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"We were considering him [Ruud van Nistelrooy] and Francis Jeffers and, in the end, we went for Jeffers."
____________________________________________________________________________________________

[On how long Tomas Rosicky would be ruled out for at the start of his 18-month recuperation] "Days not weeks."
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:38 pm

The Verminator wrote:Wenger:

"Gerard Houllier's thoughts on the matter [international football] echo mine. He thinks that what the national coaches are doing is like taking the car from his garage without even asking permission. They will then use the car for ten days and abandon it in a field without any petrol left in the tank. We then have to recover it, but it is broken down. Then a month later they will come to take your car again, and for good measure you're expected to be nice about it."

Don't international coaches have just as much right over their players as do club managers?

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:18 pm

They do, but I do feel the club managers have a right to talk up.

They (well the club) do, after all, pay the wages of the player.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum