+4
Helmer
Art Morte
Red Alert
DeletedUser#1
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Calma .... We've still got this - Page 2 Empty Re: Calma .... We've still got this

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:09 pm

Put it this way.

After losing to Hull City, we were 7 points off first place, and only 2 points ahead of Man U and Tottenham.

5 games after, we are 6 points off first place, and still maintain our lead over Man U and Spurs...

HAVING PLAYED SPURS (AWAY), CITY (AWAY), CHELSEA (AWAY) in that period and gotten rid of these cancerous fixtures outta the way.

This just puts things in perspective.

Everyone wrote Arsenal off after getting 2 points from 3 games vs. Everton, City and Chelsea (2 of them at home as well), but they bounced back. We can do the same !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Calma .... We've still got this - Page 2 Empty Re: Calma .... We've still got this

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:10 pm

I have a feeling we'll have a super lucky ride in the draw in the FA Cup. Just have to make sure we beat the scrubs like Oldham etc.

I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to take both competitions seriously. We don't have European football, we got knocked out super early from EL. We've played less matches than every single one of our rivals.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Put it this way.

After losing to Hull City, we were 7 points off first place, and only 2 points ahead of Man U and Tottenham.

5 games after, we are 6 points off first place, and still maintain our lead over Man U and Spurs...

HAVING PLAYED SPURS (AWAY), CITY (AWAY), CHELSEA (AWAY) in that period and gotten rid of these cancerous fixtures outta the way.

This just puts things in perspective.

Everyone wrote Arsenal off after getting 2 points from 3 games vs. Everton, City and Chelsea (2 of them at home as well), but they bounced back. We can do the same !

Precisely.

The most important thing now is to really jump the tough hurdle that is Hull City with all the injuries. Get the points there and we have nice little 10-12 days until the next match.

Dare I say our fringe players can take care of Oldham.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:14 pm

McY, drop the gun and give me your hat, as I had said we can do that with the likes of the mentioned players in my list, ok I will add Gerrard also. I dont want any f*cking injury to our imp players towards the end of the season playing those crap FA games.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:17 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:McY, drop the gun and give me your hat, as I had said we can do that with the likes of the mentioned players in my list, ok I will add Gerrard also. I dont want any f*cking injury to our imp players towards the end of the season playing those crap FA games.

Yeah I agree about being able to take care of Oldham with those players you mentioned. I was talking about more in the long run in the competition. We'll eventually have to start playing starters as we go further (fingers crossed).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:44 pm

Yeah but Arsenal have played City, Chelsea and Liverpool too. Chelsea have played the top dogs as well in this stretch. City too obviously.

It's not as if Liverpool has a harder schedule. It's December and the FA makes sure that there are lot of top matchups to find out who is who to end the first half of the season.

The rule of thumb against top opponents is to get an avg of 1+ points away and 2+ point at home. So if you lose the away game, you must win the home game. Not saying Liverpool don't have a chance obviously... but losing the first game, home or away, forces you to win the second game if you assume that most of the top tier teams will get roughly a similar number of points from everyone else.

That said, very good chance at the 4th spot if Man U don't pick up form. Not so good for the top 3 spots imo unless some of the weaknesses are addressed in the winter mercato.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:47 pm

I think your points are more valid in case we want to win the league. If we are talking about top 4, i have alread shown even the maths behind it that it is not a 'MUST' at all

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:59 pm

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:30 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I think your points are more valid in case we want to win the league. If we are talking about top 4, i have alread shown even the maths behind it that it is not a 'MUST' at all

It is though.

You can't look at past PL tables and say "we need X points enough to get into the top 4". The league hasn't ever been as competitive in 7 teams fighting to get into the top 4. We need at least a 3-2 record against Everton, Spurs, City, Chelsea and Arsenal at home. Those aren't "bonus games". Maybe you could claim the ones AWAY from home are, but we need to be beating them at Anfield.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:41 am

Natalie Portman wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Firstly, well said. Let me just say, if it wasn't for the performance of the Chelsea game, not too many people would be devasted as we are right now. If we actually played OUR game, we would of beat Chelsea, if not we would of challenged them.  

But Rodgers has shown once again he's clearly dead average on the road. And I've continuosly attacked our away form this season, and for the right reason. His terrible tactically. He really is.  

But there is hope, like you said, all the "big" games bar United are out the window in the second half of the season.

O, shut your little mouth you teenager. You spout so much crap.

We didn't sit back voluntarily after our goal. We were playing a side so much fresher than us, and they pressed us like crazy and went into a whole new gear. Henderson was still crocked from that Eto'o challenge, and we just couldn't handle their pressing at all. HOME TEAM IN PRESSING AFTER CONCEDING SHOCKER !!
If anything, we should have actually parked the bus. Not freaking Skrtel (God I am starting to hate him), keeps losing the ball in our own half for dangerous throws to them. They were bigger than us, had more muscle and more energy and they bullied us with their pressing and intensity in the first half of the game after our goal. They would have done it even if we didn't score. Home teams usually start the game stronger, you do know that.

But that made them use almost all their energy in first half, and then in second half go with trend of stopping the flow of the game every 5 minutes, with dirty niggly fouls and getting away with it thanks to Webb. Typical Mourinho scum

Using every single game to bash Rodgers. What an odious fan.

WE SAT BACK, WE COULD HAVE PASSED CHELSEA TO DEATH !!!! I wonder why no other team has passed Mourinho to death before Laughing

We could go to Allianz Arena, lose 2-1, and you'll blame Rodgers saying, WE SHOULD HAVE HAD MORE POSSESSION !!

We did enough to draw Chelsea game, same with City ones. Unbelievably shit refereeing and lack of luck in 50/50 situations cost us. We move on.

Table could already look better on Wednesday, if we beat Hull, because most our rivals have challenging games

O, settle down eh. You’re a year or two older than me. Spout so much crap? That’s cute. This must be Sepi “in character” or “posting on the edge”? Not making much sense at all, really.

We DID sit back after our goal. It’s not that hard to see. We set up exactly the same way we did against United at Anfield at home. The exact same way. They pressed us a ‘whole new gear’ because we let them play. They wanted to go on to win the game, and at the end of the day, they deserved the win. Credit to them for taking advantage of us playing a deep ass line where our midfield normally sits where our defence lies in any other game.

Hate on Skrtel all you want, but don’t let the hate blind you. He’s been, next to Sakho, our best CB this season. He’s in the team on merit, get over it.

That’s bullshit too. City are “bigger than us, have more muscle and more energy” they should have bullied us too, no? Oh wait, we played our game, and that put CITY on the back foot. If being “bigger than you, and more muscle / more energy” meant anything in football, West Ham under Fat Sam would be fighting for the league ffs.

Use every single game to bash Rodgers? I haven't exactly asked him to be sacked now, have I? I believe he's the right man for the job. I believe we're giving him too much POWER at the club, but that's another issue, something which you agreed with. I’ve attacked his AWAY RECORD AND HOW HE SETS UP AWAY FROM HOME, and I’m not backing down from that. He’s been DEAD AVERAGE on the road. Let it be team selections, or how he wants to set up tactically. If stating truth makes me an odious fan, well then, sure I’ll call myself an odious fan. Because what he’s been doing away from home this season has been pathetic.

No one’s asking to pass Chelsea to death. What are you on about? That’s never what Rodgers’ death by footballs meant. But of course, use that to get a “point” across.

Again, another “point” that has no value behind it. A 2-1 loss (I assume this would be a CL game) against Bayern at the Allianz is probably one of the best results you could get. What the f*ck does possession have to do with it?

Doing “enough” isn’t “enough” though. I honestly wasn’t expecting 1 point between Chelsea and City. Not 1. But when you set up like how you did against Arsenal (basically bent over and asked for a loss in this game, to a team that is actually a rival to us), Swansea, Newcastle, Hull f*cking City, Soton (at home) and lose points from stupid games like that, you need to steal points off your competitors, it’s the only way to “catch up” to them. Rodgers deserve the blame, it hasn’t been 1 or 2 games, and it’s been like this since the very start of the season. He got his shit together against Spurs and City, and I praised him for it. But he went back to being “average Rodgers” against Chelsea.

Referees were terrible, Eto’o / Oscar should of seen red, we deserved ATLEAST one penalty as both claims were legit but that doesn’t hide the fact that we were bad and deserved to lose against Chelsea. Referee (Mason was it?) at City’s didn’t exactly affect the result as bad as he was.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum