Mr Nick09
Casciavit
S
fatman123
McAgger
55 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The are you happy with your manager thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The are you happy with your manager thread

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:39 am

Red Alert wrote:Extremely happy. No complaints. .

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The are you happy with your manager thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The are you happy with your manager thread

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 am

Unhappy. I'm not going to tout this Barca as one that has as much quality as teams before it, but Lucho has still been pretty underwhelming thus far. It will be a miracle for us to win anything this year.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:32 am

Luis Enrique has been the worse manager we have had since Pep left. Luis Enrique is Roura level as far as I'm concerned.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:16 am

Pretty happy with Rodgers so far. Hope things improve this season but he's won himself some leeway in my opinion.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:50 am

mr-r34 wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Extremely happy. No complaints. .
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:38 am

you bet. From last seasons' dinosaur tactics and clown management of both players as well as team this time though the differences are quite biggggg and clear. Positives so far of the LvG era include.

-His 'philosophy' is taking shape steadily but surely. 7/10
-He brought that swagger back to our play even though its not there fully yet. 6/10
-Our midfield is functional finally and we are controlling possession better. 8/10
-Brought young academy products into the 1st team and trusting them, in the process turning perilous injury situations into opportunities which the likes of McNair, Wilson, and Blackett are grabbing with both hands as of now. 8/10
-Revamped scrubs and fringe players like Fellaini, Young and Valencia by telling them exactly what to do on the pitch and to keep it simple. 8/10
-And lastly unlike last season spending without a lid in the transfer market and assuring the fans that the club can compete with the big boys of Europe. Proud 7/10
Blind, Herrera, Shaw (regardless the price) have been good deals where as acquiring ADM that much needed statement of intent.

Negatives
-Minor negative is persisting with an out of form Van Pesie eventhough its justifiable on many grounds, including falaco's injury.
-Another one is the club failing to bring an experienced center back during the transfer window, result of which showed in the 1st 2 months especially with the youngsters conceding goals and throwing away leads.

Overall
verdict - Very Happy
rating  7.5 out of 10

Thumbs up

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:49 am

Our season has gone poorly so far and I've seen very little improvement, the problems we started the season with (shaky defense & inability to create chances and score goals) are there still. The tactics and line-ups have been largely the same, kind of trying the same thing over and over again with poor results.

However, I can live with that, for now. These things can take time and we played some great football under Rodgers just last season. I still want him as our manager; however, that could change by the end of the year if our December goes as badly as our first few months.

But what has started to despair me about Rodgers big time is his transfers. He just doesn't seem to be very good with them. We've spent a lot of money during his tenure and signed a lot of players and only two, Sturridge and Coutinho, have been real successes. Then there have been many totally useless signings (summer 2013) and then some expensive flops (summer 2014).

At the end of the day it's the players at the club that define how well the club can do and transfer business might even be a manager's most important area to get right. Tactics you can twist and change as much as you want during a season, but once you've spent your transfer budget on players, then you're stuck with those players at least for a season or two. You buy poorly, you can't change that, at least not without losing money in the process.

So, I'm still happy to have Rodgers as our manager, but I have doubts about him, too, that he needs to quickly start provinh wrong or I'll start calling for his sacking.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:46 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Some context is needed here.....

I was behind Pardew till Reading away last season and nothing has changed since....

I don't care what he does from here on in since Reading away I know now what he can do and what he can't do.

Nothing is going to change that....so yeah I'm not very happy but it's not the biggest issue.

Pls go Pardew you pos.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:But what has started to despair me about Rodgers big time is his transfers. He just doesn't seem to be very good with them. We've spent a lot of money during his tenure and signed a lot of players and only two, Sturridge and Coutinho, have been real successes. Then there have been many totally useless signings (summer 2013) and then some expensive flops (summer 2014).

To be honest it's still too early to judge his signings. Look how everyone (myself included) were writing off Lambert yet he's been important in our last few results. Guys like Markovic, Can, Origi, Yesil, Sakho, Lovren, Moreno and Ilori are all young and talented with a view more for the future (with the exception of Lovren and Sakho who are expected to contribute a lot now...but age plays a big factor most of the time with CBs and they're both talented).

Guys like Lallana, Lambert, Allen and co. have seen some impact and are also being introduced to the system still or have had injury issues. Allen was fantastic when first signed and has shown glimpses here and there. For me Balotelli has also been good but desperately needs to play with another striker, or we need more penetrating wingers or wide forwards since he doesn't go into the box as much as he should.

All managers/boards are hit and miss in the transfer market though, for the most part.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:19 pm

Very very happy.. Best manager in the game ffs Proud

No dressing room issues, stays low-key like a manager should Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:26 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Very very happy.. Best manager in the game ffs Proud

The only thing that I don't like is his lack of rotation.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:42 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Very very happy.. Best manager in the game ffs Proud

The only thing that I don't like is his lack of rotation.

I would like to see Varane start, but other than that.. Meh
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Quite unhappy, mostly because he was my favourite player and that thought is slowly giving way to the thought of the possibility he isnt a good coach for us.

I dont think another available coach would do alot better job, but the way the team plays and the decisions he makes are quite poor or downright confusing.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 pm

^Agreed. Enrique has been really disappointing majority of the time when it comes to making some tactical decision he screws it up, quite clear Nerman/Messi are carrying this man at the moment. If we don't beat PSG next week or get results against Atleti in Jan when we meet. I will ask for this mans sacking regardless.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:47 pm

You shouldn't even start to worry your pretty little head about your manager, when you need to look no further than your board.

Getting another manager in who has no authority, can't buy any players and gets no support won't do anything.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:46 am

Top of the league
6-point gap over City
11 ahead of United, 13 of Arsenal, 16 of Liverpool
Unbeaten at any of Etihad, Old Trafford, Anfield and Goodison
13 points out of 15 against last year's Top 6 thus far
11 wins in 14 League matches
Highest scorers domestically
2nd best defensive record domestically
2nd highest scorers in the CL
2nd best defence in the CL
Group winners in Europe with a game to spare
Undefeated in all comps with a third of the season gone
Not lost a single competitive game since April 30th
-

#MourinhoOut, imo :coffee:
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:You shouldn't even start to worry your pretty little head about your manager, when you need to look no further than your board.

Getting another manager in who has no authority, can't buy any players and gets no support won't do anything.

I think we already know about the board. But like I said a million times, its not that hard to separate the boards poor work and the coaches. Especially easy when we speak about in game tactics.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:41 pm

Still want him sacked tbh Proud
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Not happy.
We win the league every year. That's cool. We never make it to the round of the last 16 in the CL and we don't perform well in the EL aswell. That's not cool.
But that's not the problem. For quite some time now it's hard to watch our games. Apart from a handful of games we play like shit. Dull as hell. It's embarassing. I would never have become a fan of football watching games played like that.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Happy

Carlo keeps his cool and actually work with his players(most of them), tries to improve their overall game, and contribution to the team, instead on bashing/scapegoating them

the team can finally switch players around without being completely lost, beat teams with good footy now, instead of "out talent" them while looking dreadful, if the team keeps playing like this losses are easier to accept, than parking it for 90 mins and still lose :facepalm:

did I mention he doesn't cave in to stupid fans/media, that don't know shit about footy.... keep up the good work carlo Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:46 pm

About time Zeal makes his much awaited entrance into this thread tbf. Its incomplete without him :coffee:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:06 pm

Satisfied.

Espirito Santo's got the style I approve of in that he never plays to lose. Just needs to get his counters straight is all.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:28 pm

I'd like to have my team coached by the holy spirit himself too, that sounds pretty promising.
Though I believe the holy spirit too, or even god, would struggle to do a better job than Pep Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:34 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'd like to have my team coached by the holy spirit himself too, that sounds pretty promising.
Though I believe the holy spirit too, or even god, would struggle to do a better job than Pep Proud

Laughing Hans. That was good.

Of course, with the holy spirit on our side there's no way we could lose. We have god on our side and in god we trust.

*Church organ music plays* #'Murica
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:38 pm

I guess though the holy spirit would be another Klinsmann. All motivational talk, little tactical expertise.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:47 pm

Ugh, don't remind me. I don't think I'll ever get over Klinnsman until US win a WC.

I got Klinsmann'd just like Donovan did. Mad
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next