Onyx
S
Casciavit
rwo power
futbol
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Where do Dortmund go from here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do Dortmund go from here?

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:28 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:you have to spend or else you can't win. Or at least, not for long... Thats the game now and it is almost completely run by money.

lf you don't spend, you might best case scenario, achieve what dortmund did, but you can't maintain that for long..lts not long before the iron hammer of the rich teams comes slamming down just to remind people whos in charge.. They don't take kindly to teams like dortmund who think they can come in and take their titles and glory away from them..

lts impossible to keep reloading or keeping your current players happy without spending.

ln order to contend all the time they need more money to spend... Thats just how football is now.
Might just be me, but somehow I'm sensing a lot of butthurt outta this post...
l get why you would think, most seem to also agree my perspective is such here.. but just trust me that ts not butthurt.. lf you are talking about from an arsenal perspective.. lts not the same as dortmunds situation. Arsenal did not always use their resources to the best of their ability. Rather than rewarding first team players with high wages, often opted to keep around deadwood on highwages, and going for the two for the price of one type transfers, rather than forking out an extra two or three million in order to aquire a much better, higher rated player. Arsenals situation had more to do with mismanagement of available funds rather than the lack of it.

But let me just make it clear..there is nothing wrong with spending money, however there is something l suppose that feels unsportsman-like about the relation between a team like dortmund and bayern,

Dortmund is like a poor man who could never afford a shovel.. And spent his time digging through the dirt, scratching away in order to find diamonds hidden in the rough... He used his intelligence, despite the lack of tools to find hidden treasures where nobody else thought to look... But as he got better others started to notice his success.. And when he wasn't looking, a rich man hit him over the back of the head with a golden shovel and took all his findings as the poor man laid in the dirt unconscious..

ln this game and world of football, you need a shovel, not just to make it easier and faster to find the treasures around the world, but to also use as a tool defend yourself from others trying to take your findings.

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Where do Dortmund go from here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do Dortmund go from here?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:39 pm

zizzle wrote:See Arsenal.
Current form aside, I don't think that's the best example.

Honestly only 7 or so clubs are more attractive than Dortmund: United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Barca, Madrid & Juve. And 2 of these don't engage in the big money transfer or huge contracts that would require Dortmund players to leave. Even if they have players constantly leaving for these sides they can still build a kick ass team with the options outside of these and remain competitive.

Alternatively there is the Del Nido strategy: Form a union of the other 17 bundesliga sides and kick Buyern out of the league.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ioilersrock448 Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:06 pm

Dortmund will still be a member of Europe's elite for quite some time. Profits from the CL this year and last will make Dortmund stable for a really long time and Hummels, Subotic, Shmelzer, Grosskreutz, Reus, Weidenfeller, Bender, Aubamayeng and Mkhytariyan are in for good. (albeit with some doubt over Hummels and Reus)

Dortmund has become a popular team, especially where I live in Canada, more people are attracted to them, a traditional underdog story, this means more fans worldwide which leads to better sponsorships and more merchandise sales. Coming up Durm and Hoffman are fantastic players who should be huge soon.

So my answer, Dortmund is still going up no matter who they sell because now Klopp and co. have adequate resources to attract talent to a German team that is not Bayern.
ioilersrock448
ioilersrock448
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : FC Bayern

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:56 am

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/1528718_646940888696069_480528825_n.jpg
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:27 am

I think apart from VERY FEW, all clubs are susceptible to loosing key/star players. That doesn't send them into an eternal downward spin, does it!!!

Dortmund gets hefty amount from player sale and commercial & CL revenue. It's not like Valencia, who spend all money for loan payment, or Arsenal to some extent, who buy rather young players to supplement the squad.

While it's difficult for them to win the league, it's not exactly impossible (not this season, I agree). Grit & wit plays far greater part than a stack-load of talent. Even this season, those who watch/follow German League would agree, Dortmund would have been a far different proposition without their scandalous fitness troubles.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:55 am

Not sure but I thought Dortmund are setup well financially? They got so much support, huge stadium, history, fame, good manager and good players. Unless Im missing something I think they will do just fine. Competing with Bayern nowadays is near impossible but they surely good enough to be in the CL regularly from what I can see. They still got top players and I think they have the pulling and buying power to attract the stars too.

Although there has been teams that are 1 year wonders or have a short few years success, Dortmund feels they are not going to just end up another one of those teams.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri May 09, 2014 3:52 pm

Extending Reus and Gundogan and signing Ramos, Ginter and Immobile seems like a good start

#Watzke told Bild: " I can only confirm #Immobile wants to join Borussia Dortmund." #BVB @DiMarzio

Watzke has confirmed that Ciro Immobile is keen to sign for Borussia Dortmund. BVB are currently willing to put 15m€ on the table, the 1/2 clubs owning him want 18m€. This would be some transfer... 2/2
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 09, 2014 5:04 pm

Let's see if they can reach an agreement first, the player wants to move sure but if the clubs who own him ask for too much then there will be no transfer to Dortmund, having almost spent the whole transfer budget already.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Well, Dortmund are usually not the worst in the transfer market, so I guess they have a good chance to sign Immobile even though his contract status is a bit chaotic with that co-ownership stuff.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri May 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Watzke said they're willing to spend this summer, I think the way injuries ripped into their league campaign made an impression on them.

They get Ramos, the guy from Augsburg, then it's getting serious with Ginter and Immobile.
They are good at pulling off these transfers efficiently, Mkhtaryan was another tricky one I think.

They already got the Serbian midfielder in winter.
They know what they're doing.

The only thing that will be interesting if the newfound popularity indeed will result in better sponsorship deals.

That is after all the main difference between Bayern and the rest of the league.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 09, 2014 5:25 pm

Actually I find Aki/Susi very impressive in the transfer market, they have that ruthlessness that is needed and are not afraid to take risks. As proven in a much more difficult deal with Mkhitaryan/Shakhtar.

They will make it done if it's financially possible, now that it's public that Immobile wants this move the only thing left is an agreement between the clubs. Apparently Dortmund have offered €15m, one report Juve/Torino want €18m, another report says €22m. Let's wait and see.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2