Motogp69
Lord Awesome
McLewis
RedOranje
VendettaRed07
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lets talk about New York City FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets talk about New York City FC

Post by Motogp69 Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:57 am

Those are both meh, I still think this one is GOAT

Lets talk about New York City FC - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEh_EDNlWHiHj11VqfSKeQfkyjrVJM_n_S1NjC_MYROzF5vPZGBg

Not bad having another orange team in the league though, and I think that shade of blue would compliment orange pretty well.

Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Lets talk about New York City FC - Page 2 Empty Re: Lets talk about New York City FC

Post by Lord Awesome Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:54 am

I like the second one on the right. Looks pretty awesome. Thumbs up
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:25 am

Wonder if the badge on the left is much akin to that of the NYPD badge, considering they are one of the most famous police forces in the world.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:47 am

Was really giving the ownership of this new team the benefit of the doubt that they really would try to create a legitimate New York team. But the Melbourne Heart rebranding confirmed pretty much what l already knew but was hoping wasn't true. Just a big, corporate fraud.

Why do US fans in my area have to be treated like cows waiting to be milked. l see so many other great teams in this league like the Galaxy, Timbers, Sounders, RSL, and see new teams like Orlando City get promoted and l am just so ^%$ing jealous that there is nothing like that in this area at all. Just energy drinks, global corporate take overs and NFL little brothers. ln fact every other team in the ^@&%ing league has something that isn't a blatant sham. lt is only the north east apparently. Chivas USA will probably rebrand to something great like the Aztecs .. But l doubt the issues with the Revs and Redbulls will be put to rest. Garber just won't have the guts to do with those teams what needs to be done like he did with Chivas, because their owners have more money and at least invest somewhat so that is all he cares about

l don't even give a crap about how good or bad the team would be. l just want a team l can support. that l could buy kits and flags, bumper stickers and whatever for without feeling dirty. Why the #^%% is Garber making that so hard. He has done a lot of good things but he has also been selling MLS's soul
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Motogp69 wrote:Those are both meh, I still think this one is GOAT

Lets talk about New York City FC - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEh_EDNlWHiHj11VqfSKeQfkyjrVJM_n_S1NjC_MYROzF5vPZGBg

Not bad having another orange team in the league though, and I think that shade of blue would compliment orange pretty well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:38 am

Every goallegacy member in New York pool their money and buy a vacation home near Orlando :coffee:

Last edited by Motogp69 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:14 pm

I thought I already had one Wink

I'd be willing to change diapers and take the baby out for walks Thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:00 am

I will definitely be a fan of NYCFC. This is an MLS team that I will support over the New Jersey Red Bulls. The games are closer, the team feels more connected to the city. I cant wait to buy a Villa NYCFC jersey Smile

Hopefully this team will be huge in the city!
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNYC Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Since I learned about this team, I've gotten very excited. Never liked the Red Bulls. Just put an installment toward season tix actually.

KevinNYC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Welcome to the forum. Always good to have more MLS fans on here  Very Happy 
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KevinNYC Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:58 pm

VendettaRed07 wrote:Welcome to the forum. Always good to have more MLS fans on here  Very Happy 

Thanks for the welcome. I never was really serious about this sport until now, to be honest. The World Cup kinda changed that for me. As for the MLS, I'm trying to get more into it but couldn't because I hated the Red Bulls. But now that someone on these forums told me of NYCFC, I am excited about it.

KevinNYC
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:49 am

Welcome to the forum Kevin :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:54 am

Welcome Kevin Smile
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:32 am

Juveman17 wrote:I will definitely be a fan of NYCFC. This is an MLS team that I will support over the New Jersey Red Bulls. The games are closer, the team feels more connected to the city. I cant wait to buy a Villa NYCFC jersey Smile

Hopefully this team will be huge in the city!

Same, I have hopped on the bandwagon  Cool . Never went to a RedBulls game, getting to NJ from CT is just annoying. And NYC FC is partially owned by the GOAT franchise in sports(with Man City though Rolling Eyes ).

I hope they build the stadium in either Queens or the Bronx. Playing in Yankee Stadium in the mean time is pretty cool though.

Is the Frank Lampard signing still happening? How much does he have left? He'll be 37 next year.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:03 am

My guess is Lampard will come in to help with the club image. Help smooth over the public image of being owned by Manchester City for some people like the Chelsea fans. Normally publicity signings are frowned upon, but for them and Orlando City, these types of signings are fine.. l mean they are infact expansion clubs. Why not bring in some big names to help get the word out that you exist, and help build the public image.

They'd be wise to pick either Xavi or Lamps. would be a waste to sign both. With the vast amount of players coming in, they should leave a DP spot open, till they see what they have.

They'll be top 2 in the draft and opposite order in the expansion draft, plus the youth players they can take on loan.. etc. lf they fill up all their DP spots before they even play a game then theyll put themselves in a tough spot. Won't be able to keep any standouts, most likely.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:14 am

True about Lampard. I'll be glad if they get him but if it's between Lampard/Xavi, I'd rather have Xavi. The 3rd spot should be saved til the season, and preferably on a defender.

Is there a way we can get Mix from Rosenborg?
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:48 am

He's there to be had if NYC wants him

His contract ends in december. So he can be bought for peanuts. Celtic are rumored to be after him, but who knows, they are hard to predict.

Mix was in talks with the timbers and wanted to go but they didn't want to give him DP money. l think if NYC was interested he'd be there in a second. He wears yankee hats where-ever he goes, think he'd jump at the chance to play in the City.. Developing our number 10 between Villa and Xavi would be amazing as well. Really hope it happens.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:51 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:My guess is Lampard will come in to help with the club image. Help smooth over the public image of being owned by Manchester City for some people like the Chelsea fans. Normally publicity signings are frowned upon, but for them and Orlando City, these types of signings are fine.. l mean they are infact expansion clubs. Why not bring in some big names to help get the word out that you exist, and help build the public image.

They'd be wise to pick either Xavi or Lamps. would be a waste to sign both. With the vast amount of players coming in, they should leave a DP spot open, till they see what they have.

They'll be top 2 in the draft and opposite order in the expansion draft, plus the youth players they can take on loan.. etc. lf they fill up all their DP spots before they even play a game then theyll put themselves in a tough spot. Won't be able to keep any standouts, most likely.

Reading this posts just makes me happy we actually existed before expansion. We were able to develop an identity and a style of play first. Now when we search for Designated Players they are to accentuate that style instead of defining it.

I admit I wish there was only one team in the expansion draft though because there are a few players I have my eye on that I know will be available.

Oh well, lets all laugh at Miami rofl
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:26 am

Yeah l wish they had started a USLpro team to play this season just to get things started and have a product on the field for a while. That would have helped spread the word a bit and make the transition to MLS easier. But l guess it is the way it is

and lol, Miami.

l feel sorry for Becks. l want him to be an owner. But its probably for the best that Miami isn't working, and that Garber has made it clear that it won't happen unless they get 100% prime awesome location. Which won't happen. DC United has a better chance of getting a stadium.

lts funny how the deal Miami currently wants is basically for Becks to flip the bill for their 50,000 seat turf college football stadium

And what l saw with the Heat really makes me just not want this to happen. Beckham could sign Cristiano Ronaldo tomorrow for Miami, and people would still show up late and leave as soon as they go down a goal. Ridiculous fan base there.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:13 am

Motogp69 wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:My guess is Lampard will come in to help with the club image. Help smooth over the public image of being owned by Manchester City for some people like the Chelsea fans. Normally publicity signings are frowned upon, but for them and Orlando City, these types of signings are fine.. l mean they are infact expansion clubs. Why not bring in some big names to help get the word out that you exist, and help build the public image.

Reading this posts just makes me happy we actually existed before expansion. We were able to develop an identity and a style of play first. Now when we search for Designated Players they are to accentuate that style instead of defining it.

I admit I wish there was only one team in the expansion draft though because there are a few players I have my eye on that I know will be available.

Oh well, lets all laugh at Miami rofl

Dont be jelly of David Villa :coffee:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2