dostoevsky
Kaladin
nichabr
Forza
•MilanDevil•
48 posters

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next

Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 22 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by Dante Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Proud 

Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out - Page 22 Empty Re: Mercato Rossonero: Milan Transfer Activity Inside Out

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:12 am

Petagna has gone on loan to Latina for the season.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:30 pm

As reports suggest Adriano Galliani will stay in Italy to work on Milan’s transfer market, he apparently hints at ‘a small gift’ for the fans.

The Rossoneri head out to the United States shortly for the next stage of their pre-season workout, where they will play friendlies with Olympiacos, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chivas.

However, the Gazzetta dello Sport report today that their joint-CEO and Vice-President Galliani will not be accompanying them, instead opting to stay in Italy to ‘look after the market’.

The newspaper also reports that running across fans yesterday that called for ‘a small gift’ this summer, Galliani responded: “Patience, it will arrive.”

The club have most recently been linked with Zenit St Petersburg full-back Domenico Criscito, but are seen as struggling to meet his cash valuation.

---------------------------------------

Evaluating the recent "gifts" that have arrived, one must ponder what constitutes a "small" gift. Expecting Constant's 5 year contract extension to be announced imminently.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Abbiati's annual contract extension is a gift enough to quench Milan fans' thirst
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:11 am

dostoevsky wrote:Petagna has gone on loan to Latina for the season.

That will be the end of him I'm afraid. Sad

Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:07 pm

Anyone else feel Criscito is a deal that is 3 years too late. Will he still have a solid impact on our team? Any of you guys watch him?

I like the prospect that he will slot into the left and allow De Sciglio to finally play RB. But is this our most needed transfer?
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:32 am

I think he would walk into our LB, specially when u come to Milan and are motivated. He made a weird career ending move to Russia just because of money though, so he can only blame himself if we cant buy him cause of their rich owners not willing to sell
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:43 am

He's only 27. Still well worth it. There's an article going around at the moment saying that he would take a pay cut to join Milan.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Cerci is Milan’s primary target, Torino’s winger is Inzaghi’s top choice

Milan are working to sell players: the possible departure of Robinho would open the room for a purchase. The primary target is Alessio Cerci: the Torino winger is Pippo Inzaghi’s top choice. Their interested grew in the last hours. Milan are working, Inzaghi has chosen the player he wants.

Source: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milans-primary-target-is-cerci-hes-inzaghis-first-choice/

-------------------

No Nani  cheers 
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:05 am

just a feeling that cerci might not come good for milan. yea he has done awful lot for past two seasons in serie a but 20 million evaluation for him is too high. we are better off for lavezzi for that price.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:07 am

JespSwe wrote:just a feeling that cerci might not come good for milan. yea he has done awful lot for past two seasons in serie a but 20 million evaluation for him is too high. we are better off for lavezzi for that price.

And in the second part of the season he slowed down a bit. I don't think that Cerci is worth that much to, but stay out of the way for Lavezzi Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:28 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
JespSwe wrote:just a feeling that cerci might not come good for milan. yea he has done awful lot for past two seasons in serie a but 20 million evaluation for him is too high. we are better off for lavezzi for that price.

And in the second part of the season he slowed down a bit. I don't think that Cerci is worth that much to, but stay out of the way for Lavezzi Very Happy

yea torino is obviously milking out. and because transfer market has gone crazy with transfer fee so inflated, i can imagine torino won't settle for less than 20 million.

as for lavezzi i dont care that much but i guess, my problem with milan is that they only make one or two players their only option. they need to explore beyond their targets.

if milan have money to pay for the likes of iturbe or cerci i would like them fork out for shaqiri Clément Grenier, douglas costa. etc and there are always bright talents available for less ...

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:42 pm

It's very interesting that you should mention Douglas Costa jesp. Whilst I believe that the situation will blow over, the current stand off amongst Shaktar and several star players might create an opportunity to strike for one of their talents who might otherwise have been unattainable. It would not be my first port of call, however I believe it's important to simply get someone of note for the flanks. Just as Cerci was not my first preference last year, and I stand by that opinion, I would still have taken him over no one as we instead replaced Boateng with players only capable of functioning through the centre.

Also it seems that Criscito will not come. Colour me surprised. I can't wait to sign Cissohko on loan on the last day of the market only for his dental nightmare to become reality two weeks later.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Am i the only one ecstatic regarding Cerci? Sad

dostoevsky wrote:
Also it seems that Criscito will not come. Colour me surprised. I can't wait to sign Cissohko on loan on the last day of the market only for his dental nightmare to become reality two weeks later.

Cissoko :facepalm:

Why do we let such targets get away ffs, this last week of August nonesense has to stop. The funny thing is, i don't if Cissoko is going to improve the defense or worsen it.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 pm

I just dont think Cerci is a big team player. I think the reason he failed at Roma was that he cant handle that kind of pressure, and lacks the smartness.

He is always trying to run in straight lines and out-pace the opponent and make a cross. He seems to not know the limitations to his pace. I have certain immages of his displays with the national team in mind when it comes to this, but it might also be because of pressure, as he often comes on as a sub also.

Maybe I havent seen him enough to make a correct statement of him last season, but this is nonetheless the impression I have of him.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:37 am

Milan had a new meeting for Douglas Costa: the latest

Milan’s CEO Adriano Galliani and the agent Kia had lunch together to discuss again Douglas Costa. Milan consider the Shaktar Donetsk’s winger the alternative to Alessio Cerci. Today they tried to understand if there are the conditions to conduct a negotiation, taking advantage of the particular moment in Urkraine. Milan target Douglas Costa.

Source: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milan-had-a-new-meeting-for-douglas-costa-the-latest/

Milan look for a winger, Joel Campbell and Giovani Dos Santos are their last ideas

Milan are looking for a winger. Cerci is still on top of their list, while Douglas Costa is an idea that emerged in the last hours. They reached out to Shakter Donetsk, but the Ukrainian club doen’t seem very open to a negotiation. That’s why Milan  is inquiring also about other players who have performed well in the World Cup. The first name is Joel Campbell, whose rights belong to Arsenal, who was loaned Olympiakos in the past season. There have already been the first contacts. The second option is Giovani Dos Santos, who plays at Villareal. Griezmann and Shaqiri are on their radar too, but they are more distant. Milan want a quality winger.

Source: http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/milan-look-for-a-winger-joel-campbell-and-giovani-dos-santos-are-their-last-ideas/

---------------------------

Douglas Costa, Campbell and dos Santos? Wake me up when we sign Nani
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Douglas Costa, Campbell and dos Santos? Wake me up when we recall Birsa

Fixed.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:48 am

rofl

Wouldn't be surprised tbh Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:33 am

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4871745/valter-birsa-amazing-goal-o.gif

Do not hate. Appreciate.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:59 am

Some good news: Roma bought Astori
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:31 am

I think we can compete for the Serie A title given we sign Cerci, Grenier, Perin, Taarabt, and Rabiot. This would cost us approximately 40m but knowing our management we will probably settle for cheaper options.

However, if we do sign the aforementioned players, I hope to see the following:

--SES---------Balo-------Cerci--

----Taarabt---De Jong----Grenier--

--De Sciglio---Rami----Alex----Abate---

----------------Perin-----------

We are currently close to Taarabt and have made contacts with Lyon regarding Grenier as reported by @milanello and @milaneye on twitter.

https://twitter.com/MilanEye/status/495151801851998208

https://twitter.com/Milanello/status/494960681142484992

•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:24 am

I disagree with the proposition that Taarabt can make a transition into midfield. To his credit, I saw no issues with his work rate during his six months at Milan, however he can't play simple football. Taarabt takes five or six touches before even considering passing. Taarabt relies on his ability to win space off his marker rather than his vision to create a pass. There are other players who share this trait and survive despite this, however is purchasing Taarabt to convert him really an appropriate use of limited funds when the same could be attempted with both Honda and Saponara who are already with the squad?

As for Rabiot, PSG know his worth and are unlikely to release him and certainly not without receiving cash up front as Rabiot himself has rejected the proposal of a year away on loan. When one considers that Cerci is likely to warrant 20 million alone, Rabiot 10, Perin 15-20 without even considering Grenier, this becomes a massive outlay without even improving our weakest area in defence.

De Jong, Poli, Muntari, Cristante, Honda and Saponara should represent enough cover for a few months until Montolivo's return. Unless one of these players leaves we'll simply be left with another bloated squad should we see more midfield arrivals. My biggest concern in midfield is the lack of a fit alternative to De Jong as in the event of injury or suspension, Cristante is the only natural alternative at the base of midfield.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:44 am

The thing is we need a player like taarabt who can hold the ball in midfield, with the absence of montolivo, our other options in midfield are not very good at keeping the ball. The taarabt that we saw during the last 2-3 weeks at milan was completely different from the one we saw at the beginning, he made more simple passes and tried to be more of a team player. If we get the changed taarabt that we saw at the end of the season, then I believe that he can adapt a midfield role. Taarabt will be worth 2-3m but I read that we could also take him on loan for a second season, his price seems to be a steal for his ability. Taarabt's main weakness is his attitude but I trust Inzaghi's ability to motivate players given his passion for the beautiful game.

Honda is a good player but he seems to panic when under pressure by the opposition, he loses the ball too easily and, from what I have seen so far, lacks the ability to cover it from the opponent. When there is no pressure, Honda can do very well but, as we know, the defenders in Serie A would rarely give him this kind of opportunity especially when he seems vulnerable to losing the ball.

Saponara is a player that I really like and have high hopes for. He gives me the impression that he is a shy and nervous person and this probably prevented him from showing his true ability. With time, I believe that Saponara will settle in and can make an impact since he has the skills necessary to be our di maria, as he has mentioned in a recent interview. However, he is physically weak and can be pushed off the ball easily at times. Saponara must learn how to use his speed to avoid such situations, and also learn from pazzini how to hold the ball in case he ends in such situations.

From what I have read from the aforementioned sources, Rabiot's mother wants her son to go to Italy and is not interested in him continuing with PSG due to the limited opportunity to make a breakthrough. This seems like a galliani deal and maybe he can finally put his negotiating skills to good use. Rabiot's price will decrease in time if no agreement is reached in time with PSG and this could give us a great opportunity provided that there are no outstanding offers, and that the competitors don't have as good of a relationship as we have with PSG.

With regards to Perin, we have a great relationship with genoa and they are interested in some of our players (Albertazzi and Zaccardo). It is possible that we can offer some players + cash in exchange for perin.

Moving on, there has not been much talk about our defence which you highlighted as being our weakest area. Lets hope that Rami and Alex are up to the task, and that Zapata carries over his form from the world cup. As for the players that can provide cover for montolivo, I believe that only Cristante and Honda (somewhat) are capable of filling the hole left by our captain. We need a player that can distribute the ball with good vision and accuracy and most of our midfielders do not meet these criteria. Coming to what you mention as being your biggest concern, I also agree that we lack a cover for De Jong but there have not been any reports linking us to similar players. Finally, we must realize that although some of these rumoured transfers can be out of our reach taking into consideration the past 7 years, our club must spend to be considered among the elites again. Yes, we might have a youth project but we must fill in the gap years until our youth players are mature enough to lead on; we can't expect them to perform at a young age.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:59 am

In Honda and Saponara we already have two uncertain quantities in central midfield. If we are to bring in another option they have to offer more guarantees, not the exact same concerns over their ability to adapt.

If Rabiot is to leave PSG it will almost certainly have to be on a permanent deal which gives the negotiating advantage to Juventus and other Serie A clubs over us. PSG require deals which will bring revenue in this very window, otherwise they have no incentive to sell, regardless of his contract situation. If Juventus were to stay their hand, he is the name I would choose to bring in out of your suggestions.

Despite our good relationship with Genoa, I still find it unlikely that we will convince them to part with Perin. He's an important first team player and all we can offer are depth players. If we could pull it off it would be fantastic, however this is a very one sided deal and unless Genoa are able to identify a goalkeeping target they would be satisfied with in Perin's absence, it's still a move that is unlikely to be sanctioned. Realistically we do not take the position seriously enough to expect a sudden outlay on Perin.

I don't deny that it would be nice to see many of the targets you outlined arrive, I just doubt they will. Taarabt aside, ironically. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:43 am

Taarabt is not a midfielder and he never will be. He doesn't have any of the skills needed to play in that position - passing, composure, stamina, discipline. Taarabt wants to be the star, not another cog in the machine. We need more engine and predictability from our midfielders. We need players who will run hard, pass accurately and keep hold of the ball. Not eccentric players who have no chemistry with each other and try to compensate for it by bombing forward and scoring a goal every 10 games.

When a team is screwed, like we are now, the number 1 thing going wrong is usually players out of position. Ok, so our squad is not high quality at the moment, but there's no reason to exacerbate that by putting players in unfamiliar circumstances. As it has become known to all in this section of the forum at least, I'm a big supporter of youth promotion - and this extends to exactly these types of situations. If we aren't going to purchase someone to replace Montolivo for 6 months - which is ill-advised in the first place - the best choice is to insert a player into the team who has actually specialised in Montolivo's role.

Who might this player be? Taarabt? No. Saponara? No. Honda? No. Muntari? No. Cristante? Yes. Absolutely.

Is Cristante a risk? Yes. But what is the cost? Not much really. If he turns out to be incapable, he could easily be replaced by Honda for some games. MDS and SES had to wait until consistently poor 1st team players got injured to get their chance and now those 2 are among the best players in the team. If Milan management is serious about a youth project (which they aren't) Cristante is a gamble well-worth taking.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Di Marzio is reporting that we're pursuing Diego Lopez from Real Madrid, whilst Mediaset are claiming we're close to an agreement for Perin. It would appear at the very least that our preseason performances thus far have convinced that the club that we risk disaster if we continue without solving our goalkeeping dilemma which is positive. Whether we actually close out a deal is another issue entirely however.

Meanwhile, Trabzonspor have released an official statement that they are in negotiations with Kevin Constant which is positive news. It is being suggested that we would loan Armero for Udinese with an option to buy in order to cover the position, a move I am incredibly indifferent to. I don't think a replacement should arrive at all unless another fullback departs in which case we would need a starter. It is evident however that we will be encouraging our fullbacks to be quite aggressive, so if the move does go through, I think Armero will have his uses so that we are not forced to play a central defender on the flanks when suspensions and injuries arise. We will need to look to other areas of the squad in order to reduce our overall squad size though.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 42 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 32 ... 42  Next