harhar11
zarola
McAgger
Highburied
Beautiful Football
40 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'Football from the 19th century' - Mourinho hits out at West Ham tactics - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Football from the 19th century' - Mourinho hits out at West Ham tactics

Post by Helmer Thu 30 Jan - 3:42

Everyone busrting out here on this thread Laughing
no one said thanks to BeautifulFootball for creating this thread.
Thank you BeautifulFootball

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

'Football from the 19th century' - Mourinho hits out at West Ham tactics - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Football from the 19th century' - Mourinho hits out at West Ham tactics

Post by baresi Thu 30 Jan - 4:10

Pedram wrote:I'm surprised at Mou's lack of football knowledge, football was actually more offensive in the 19 century, line ups like 2-4-4 existed at that time.  hmm 
I was actually thinking the same, wasn't it the era with no offside rule and games ended with like 10 goals?
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu 30 Jan - 4:26

Not even nearly the same, everytime Mou parks the bus he has the intention of playing on the counter and winning the game, something West Ham had no interest in doing, they were happy to play attack v defence for 90mins and had absolutley zero intention of scoring a goal in that game.

I find it more funny that so few people acknowledged that 19th century football had one or two defenders at best, not 9 like West Ham did today, but thats typical GL logic on display there
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 30 Jan - 4:37

Mourinho teams have done that plenty of times, you have no legs to stand on here.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 30 Jan - 4:38

Lord Spencer wrote:The hypocrisy level in Mou's statement is over 9000.

Not only is this "19th Century" tactic a regular tactic Mou employes, but it was also a characteristic of Chelsae's 2011 CL win. It was also the case for most of Mou's matches against Barca with RM. As I stated before, I respect a massive defensive effort, and I said so about Chelsae's 2011 CL win, Inter's great match against Barca with 10 men, and even Greece's 2004 Euro triumph.

However, when someone has the audacity of slamming another team for playing very similar tactics to his own is just plain hilarious. It screams of a privileged attitude rofl
It was just one game, might need to recheck your sources.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 30 Jan - 4:38

fatman123 wrote:Not even nearly the same, everytime Mou parks the bus he has the intention of playing on the counter and winning the game, something West Ham had no interest in doing, they were happy to play attack v defence for 90mins and had absolutley zero intention of scoring a goal in that game.

I find it more funny that so few people acknowledged that 19th century football had one or two defenders at best, not 9 like West Ham did today, but thats typical GL logic on display there

If mourinho can park the bus with 500 M team , so can West Ham. Of course Mourinho's team are/were more talented.Have/ had some talented player to make counter attack. Who West ham have?

if Mourinho can park the bus with Ronaldo,Ozil and Play Ramos in Midfield to stop opposition. What do you expect from west ham?

This is exact same.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu 30 Jan - 4:42

This isn't the first time Mourinho's complained about a team parking the bus. Then again he said say it was 'maybe' acceptable since West Ham needed points.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 30 Jan - 4:46

Honestly, who the hell cares? And why are people making this is a big deal?

You don't have to rate Mourinho as a manager. But Mourinho isn't an idiot; you just have to look at what he has won. Yes Mourinho is a defensive coach, but he tries to go out and get the 3 points on the counter. West Ham didn't do that. So it's a different case.

His comments are hypocritical, but they're well thought out. Chelsea should be beating West Ham at home 10 times out of 10. They didn't get the result, so he puts the distraction of the result on West Ham. No one is talking about Chelsea dropping points here, everyone is talking about Mourinho being a hypocritical "c*nt" rather than his teams dire performance which takes the pressure off his team.

You just have to look at Mourinho talking about Arsene's Arsenal, calling them a "boring" team because they didn't score at the Emirates. Again, he takes the pressure off his own teams performance, and puts the blame on the opposition. It's a smart psychological tactic. He takes the media pressure off his team, and puts it on himself. And let's be honest, does Mourinho honestly care what others think of him?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu 30 Jan - 4:47

fatman123 wrote:Not even nearly the same, everytime Mou parks the bus he has the intention of playing on the counter and winning the game, something West Ham had no interest in doing, they were happy to play attack v defence for 90mins and had absolutley zero intention of scoring a goal in that game.

It was Mou who aid West Ham played like a 19th century team, not GL.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu 30 Jan - 4:51

Unbelievable, how there are always people standing up to defend him. Unsurprising too, though I must add.

I did the same in standing up to defend Wenger when GL created a shit storm over his comments on Mata. Pellegrini saying the same thing didn't matter, as sensationalist headlines grabbed the front pages and fuelled the witchhunts. Maybe my judgement is coloured, but I don't see much of the same this time around.

Fact remains, however, that I dislike Mourinho (to put it very mildly) and his hypocrisy hasn't helped that one bit.

To each his/her own. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 30 Jan - 4:54

I've defended Wenger numerous times in the past too...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 30 Jan - 4:59

Red Alert wrote:Honestly, who the hell cares? And why are people making this is a big deal?

You don't have to rate Mourinho as a manager. But Mourinho isn't an idiot; you just have to look at what he has won. Yes Mourinho is a defensive coach, but he tries to go out and get the 3 points on the counter. West Ham didn't do that. So it's a different case.

His comments are hypocritical, but they're well thought out. Chelsea should be beating West Ham at home 10 times out of 10. They didn't get the result, so he puts the distraction of the result on West Ham. No one is talking about Chelsea dropping points here, everyone is talking about Mourinho being a hypocritical "c*nt" rather than his teams dire performance which takes the pressure off his team.

You just have to look at Mourinho talking about Arsene's Arsenal, calling them a "boring" team because they didn't score at the Emirates. Again, he takes the pressure off his own teams performance, and puts the blame on the opposition. It's a smart psychological tactic. He takes the  media pressure off his team, and puts it on himself. And let's be honest, does Mourinho honestly care what others think of him?

Did you read my above comments. West Ham are not as talented as Mourinho's Current/old team to make counter attack.They have no choice. If Man U or any other top team parked the bus then its different story.At least he cold say something.Its normal for lower table team to park the bus. And of course Chelsea should win at home.

So when Mourinho talk shit it means smart psychological tactic.Come on this is getting old.Even 10 years old boy can figure this out.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 30 Jan - 5:03

the xcx wrote:

Not only is this "19th Century" tactic a regular tactic Mou employes, but it was also a characteristic of Chelsae's 2011 CL win. It was also the case for most of Mou's matches against Barca with RM. As I stated before, I respect a massive defensive effort, and I said so about Chelsae's 2011 CL win, Inter's great match against Barca with 10 men, and even Greece's 2004 Euro triumph.

However, when someone has the audacity of slamming another team for playing very similar tactics to his own is just plain hilarious. It screams of a privileged attitude rofl
Why so defensive? You're a City fan now.......
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 30 Jan - 5:03

Whatever floats your boat, dude.

You obviously have an agenda against him, and that's fine. You have the right to your own opinion. But this is quite clearly a distraction off the Chelsea performance/result.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 30 Jan - 5:05

Either way, Mou sounds ridiculous
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 30 Jan - 5:09

Yes, but that's the whole point.

Everyone is talking about Mou being a hypocrit rather than focusing on Chelsea's performance. Which is fine with Mourinho because his ego doesn't care what others think of him.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu 30 Jan - 5:12

But Mourinho talking about ultra defensive football will just remind people that his team plays the same at times, so it doesn't draw attention away from the players. If anything, it highlights how Chelsea play the same style of football Mou is complaining about, while making Mou look like a spastic
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 30 Jan - 5:15

Yes Mourinho is a defensive coach, but he tries to go out and get the 3 points on the counter. West Ham didn't do that. So it's a different case.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 30 Jan - 5:16

Red Alert wrote:Whatever floats your boat, dude.

You obviously have an agenda against him, and that's fine. You have the right to your own opinion. But this is quite clearly a distraction off the Chelsea performance/result.

Poking cancer patient, Talking Uefa against him and then when lower team park the bus you mock them(he does exact same things) criticizing Arsenal not scoring at home(And he does exact same thing).No reason to like him. I only open this thread ,because no one even noticed it. If it was pep or Wenger i guess Goal Legacy woluld explode. This is Mouronho so its ok.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Thu 30 Jan - 5:54; edited 6 times in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 30 Jan - 5:17

Didn't watch the game but 39 shots and 0 goals according to Whoscored. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu 30 Jan - 5:19

None of the shots were that threatening, but that's just watching the highlights and not the game.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu 30 Jan - 5:21

That lecture of how to play football again Laughing Fix your grammar first son.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu 30 Jan - 5:48

Red Alert wrote:
Yes Mourinho is a defensive coach, but he tries to go out and get the 3 points on the counter. West Ham didn't do that. So it's a different case.

do you think Mou coaches teams who have to rely on Downing, Carlton Cole or Diame or something??? The guy always has WC players on his teams yet they always play like shite hanging on a stick

"but he tries to counter" you know Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu 30 Jan - 5:49

the xcx wrote:

Not true. Pretty much every game against barca he had a defensive approach to the game. After the clasico marathon in 11, even C.ronaldo came out and criticized Mourinhos approach.

Sure, he didnt always play as defensive as west ham played last night, but thats simply because he had a team that was a million times more talented..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu 30 Jan - 6:17

the xcx wrote:

Yes it was Laughing

With all due respect, you are delusional if you think otherwise.
(not saying it is a wrong tactic, just saying that it is hypocritical to say it is a wrong tactic when you use it so much)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 30 Jan - 6:32

“Good old Jose, moaning again. He can’t take it can he. He can’t take it because we’ve out-tacticed him, out-witted him. He just can’t cope. It’s brilliant when you get a result against him! I love Chelsea moaning.”

- Sam Allardyce

Laughing 
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next