Firenze
RED
B-Mac
32 posters

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD - Page 3 Empty Re: THE OFFICIAL MOYES OUT THREAD

Post by the xcx Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Tactical genius, what does that even mean?

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:49 pm

Now that Laudrup is free .. Would anybody like to see him at Old Trafford ? It would be a risk but he does have more Big Club / International experience than Dithering Dave .. Long Shot I know ..
but I thirst for Good Football to be played by United again .. I genuinely think the only way to get Moyes out this season is for the crowd to turn against him. We have had some fan discontent this season, but it will need to be hugely escalated for the board to take note.
I'm not saying this is the course of action to take, as it could be detrimental to the team, but if Moyes has lost the dressing room (which I think he has), then it may be what the players want.
All speculation, I know.. but something needs to happen other than the defeats and utter dross performances, because the club dont appear too worried at the moment .. which maybe down to Dithering Dave being Sir Alex's first choice .
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:05 pm

I agree, he's lost the players.

I don't think Laudrup is the right man, though. The problem is we can't experiment, like Barcelona for example. We have to hire someone that is proven. Moyes ruined it, we can't afford another season without CL. All he had to do is finish 3rd and reach QF of each cup. Seeing how the the other teams performed, 4th would have been understandable.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:22 am

Busby Babe wrote:I agree, he's lost the players.

I don't think Laudrup is the right man, though. The problem is we can't experiment, like Barcelona for example. We have to hire someone that is proven. Moyes ruined it, we can't afford another season without CL. All he had to do is finish 3rd and reach QF of each cup. Seeing how the the other teams performed, 4th would have been understandable.

Yeah Mate .. I think Laudrup is probably a better coach than a manager ..  With Getafe he got them playing good football and they beat the likes of Barcelona, Spurs, Sevilla, Atletico and got draws against Bayern Munich and Valencia.  He got sacked at Spartak and he resigned from Mallorca after a reasonable stint .. its better to go for the experienced ones Hiddink, Van Gaal or Klopp .I think we need an experienced Winner who can instill a bit of confidence in the place and would be someone all the players would immediately respect.All hypothetical of course , at least untill 4th place is unattainable ..
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:34 am

We used to be renowned for scoring late goals, this season we haven't gained a single point from scoring after the 80th minute. You'll never guess who has gained the most points after the 80th minute though...

Spoiler:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:02 am

sportsczy wrote:
RED wrote:
sportsczy wrote:I wouldn't read too much into the Chelsea game against City yday...  They had Aguero, Fernandinho and Nasri injured.  They were forced to play DiMichelis in the midfield (looooooooool), Nastasic at CB and Dzeko is completely off form.

Mou only plays one tactic and he was completely found out in La Liga come his 3rd year.  That's why he moves leagues and not just teams btw...  he knows that he needs the novelty factor of his tactics to apply in order for it to work.

That Chelsea defence were unbreakable. Even with those players, I still don't think City would have penetrated that Chelsea defence. Also, it's not Mou's fault City's squad depth is abysmal.
 Come on.  Think about it.  Not only did Pelle play Di Michellis in midfield with Yaya... he stuck to a 2 man mid in a 4231.  It was suicidal.  At least put in another midfielder, whoever he is, and make it a 433 so you have a chance.  

Any top 4 team in the EPL would have broken this City team.  They had no midfield and the team was broken in half.

As far as defense... if Dzeko wasn't so clumsy and Silva could at least hit the target on tap ins and point blank shots... you at least have a goal there.

To me, this game just perpetuates Mou as the fraud that he is.  Good manager... but no tactical genius lol.
Although you do raise valid points, I still think Mou deserves credit. Pellegrini messed up playing Di Michellis alongside Toure, why not Milner or Rodwell? Unbelievable that a team that spent so heavily collapse once they miss one or two key players. And the fact that Pellegrini had no answer to Mou's tactics lets you know who won the managerial battle.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:04 am

Angoulême Welcome :)always good to see a new United fan joining this forum.

'Dithering Dave' lol I like it......i like it a lot.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:36 am

RED wrote:Angoulême Welcome :)always good to see a new United fan joining this forum.

'Dithering Dave' lol I like it......i like it a lot.

Thanks Red .. Good to be here , Dithering Dave was a term first used by Everton supporters in relation to Moyes style of management ( or lack of ) .. apparently Everton supporters knew that Moyes was very slow to change formation / make subs when they was losing or just playing naff ..

Alas Dithering Dave is now Manager of the Champions .. He simply doesn't have the personality, tactical knowledge, charisma, ability to be successful at United.

The longer he stays the bigger the hole we find ourselves in and the longer it'd take to come back.
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:17 am

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

4th looks all but gone. Liverpool are ripping apart Arsenal with football we could only dream of playing under Moyes.

Well done Moyes you clown!! Getting the champs in the top 4 was the bear minimum and you have failed you utter failure of a man.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:20 pm

4th was gone before today.

As a fan, I had a tiny bit of hope we might be able to make it. Although, just looking at how are results have gone so far, I don't realistically think we will make it. Regardless, of today.

Moyes will keep his job to December at the least, I've resigned to that fact.

EDIT: Is everyone happy that we dodged the Ozil bullet? I guess we can add it to the things Moyes has done well Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:00 pm

It just hurts mate Sad I just can't believe it's more than likely we're gonna be watching Thursday night football against Eastern European teams and then playing on Sundays. So depressing!

Ozil is a class player, just a big game bottler....like the rest of his teammates. He suits Arsenal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:15 pm

It's not that bad, RED Razz. I hope we go on to win it. One season is not that bad, if we fail again next season. It will be a real worry. If we do spend a £100 million in the summer, I'm expecting a title challenge, let alone fourth place.

On Ozil, I don't doubt his quality. I actually find it quite surprising that he fails to impose himself in these games, because he's very, very talented, but this mental issue does have an affect. Today, wasn't really his fault. I just think if he was in our team we'd find him incredibly frustrating at times.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 pm

I wouldn't think it was so bad if we actually had a sign of development. A sign that we have a target to reach in our whole philosophy under Moyes- and that it would take a season or 2 to reach it. But we don't. We look like a bunch of individuals on the field without a clue on how to play other than get it out wide.

And without the CL this season, who would want to come and play for us under Moyes? We need top class players and we will be competing with LFC and other teams for them, especially in a summer after the WC.

I hate to be all doom and gloom...but missing out on the CL this season could see us out of it for quite a while ala LFC....unless we get a more proven Manager who can get these players to play for him. Which we wont cuz Moyes is here for the long run unfortunately
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:55 pm

Apart from RVP, De Gea and Kagawa. Nearly, all our players we've bought in could have been obtained without champions league football Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Nani, Rafael, Smailling, Jones etc.

The playes we can target realistically, are all players without CL football in top leagues e.g in Serie A, EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga. Then, we can target pretty much everybody in the Portuguese league, Russian League and in France (bar PSG and Monaco). With or without CL football, I think that's still the same players we'd be targeting. The Kroos' and Gundogan's would probably reject us with CL football, so we're not really missing out on any players, imo.

Also, the players that are not apart of top teams plans a bit like Yaya Toure going to Man City. Man City, were in the Europa League when he signed. We also, signed Mata when we weren't close to getting CL football.

With or without CL football I think the targets would be largely of the same calibre .
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:05 pm

I'm not being sarcastic here, but thank you BB for giving me a glimmer of hope. Top man. Smile

I still want Moyes out though  Mad 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:50 pm

Haha, I'm all doom and gloom after the match, but by the end of the week I try to be optimistic. It's the only way I can watch the match.

I want him out too though, he's on borrowed time imo.

Tim Howard's recent comments on how Everton now focus on themselves in training, rather than other teams, sums up the difference between Martinez and Moyes as managers. 5 points off Everton, after more than half of the season being played, is a sackable offense on it's own. No reason for that to be happening at all.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:29 pm

might as well bump this thread now...
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:36 pm

RVP saving his job...
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Fingers crossed he resigns
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:55 pm

ahhh yess i knew i bumped this for a reason, what did they have 4 shots? 2 goals...
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Everyday I'm crossin
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:11 pm

I wake up tomorrow hoping for a statement from the club about the departure of Moyes, but these are just far fetched dreams, like beating the last place team at Old Trafford Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:39 pm

OUT!!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:35 pm

RED wrote:OUT!!

damn i thought ..  Rolling Eyes 

k a 2-2 draw against poorest team at present.
Thumbs up
now a battering against ars and loses against olympiakos and then crystal palace. At least then Will that much awaited decision be finally made??  bounce 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:43 pm

The worst thing is, half of Fulham's midfield is made from Man Utd rejects in Tunnicliffe and Kieran Richardson.

3/4 of Sunderland's defense is also made out of Man Utd rejects: Wes Brown, O'shea and Phil Bardsley.

Yet we struggle to teams where their players couldn't make it here anymore.

I feel really sorry for our players today, they tried so hard adapting to his tactics or I should say tactic, that they broke records.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next