Winter is Coming
Ganso
Mr Nick09
fatman123
Arquitecto
44 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça - Page 5 Empty Re: The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 14 Jun - 20:15:52

RealGunner wrote:How can ANYONE argue Suarez isn't a top 6 player after a season he has had?

Messi & Neuer are in a separate league, followed by Suarez, Neymar, Robben, Ronaldo.

Then the likes of Müller, Hazard, Benzema, Sanchez, Boateng, Alaba, De Bruyne come in.

Sounds about right.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça - Page 5 Empty Re: The Impact of Eden Hazard at Chelsea versus Neymar at Barça

Post by Kaladin Sun 14 Jun - 20:16:46

Ganso wrote:Ibra isnt even a top 10 player anymore

How so? He's still pulling it for PSG despite being injured for a while, he only played 24 games this season and has 19 goals and 7 assists
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 14 Jun - 20:19:02

El Shaarawy wrote:I'd say that Suarez, CR, Messi, Ibra, Benz and Robben all are ahead when on form. But atm, i think he can find a spot ahead of some

You can strike both Ibra and Benz off that list.

inb4 CL
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun 14 Jun - 20:20:59

still can't see how dribbling a lot makes one a top 5 player
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 14 Jun - 20:21:31

Benz is arguable, but for him to actually be seriously considered he needs to leave Madrid and be the focal point for somebody else instead of always looking for Ronaldo.

Makes it difficult to actually consider him otherwise.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 14 Jun - 20:22:01

El Shaarawy wrote:

How so? He's still pulling it for PSG despite being injured for a while, he only played 24 games this season and has 19 goals and 7 assists

i have watched most PSG games this season and i can say he has been awful in the majority of the matches he played in. sports can confirm

i have no idea where his playmaking skills from his milan days went to
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun 14 Jun - 20:24:45

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Benz is arguable, but for him to actually be seriously considered he needs to leave Madrid and be the focal point for somebody else instead of always looking for Ronaldo.

this is very true to an extent, but looking at his overall abilities he is a monster in the own right still, comfortable anywhere on pitch, technique, IQ is extremely high and proven big game player
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 14 Jun - 20:27:04

chad4401 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Benz is arguable, but for him to actually be seriously considered he needs to leave Madrid and be the focal point for somebody else instead of always looking for Ronaldo.

this is very true to an extent, but looking at his overall abilities he is a monster in the own right still, comfortable anywhere on pitch, technique, IQ is extremely high and proven big game player

Agreed, but he won't get the credit for it in Ronaldo's shadow sadly. At least Suarez has the Uruguay and Liverpool destruction to cling to.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 14 Jun - 20:28:09

Good points tbh.I agree.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 14 Jun - 20:36:27

Ganso wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

i have watched most PSG games this season and i can say he has been awful in the majority of the matches he played in. sports can confirm

i have no idea where his playmaking skills from his milan days went to

I've watched a majority of PSG games as well (Not because its headed by my country :coffee:) and i haven't noticed significantly different in his style nor a severe drop in his plays. If anything, its the fact that he doesn't need to playmake as much or score that many goals compared to his Milan days, since the PSG team has other reliable avenues in both regards.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun 14 Jun - 20:37:57

@mole yeah I feel he should leave, to truly prove his worth, but i had always hope that madrid would give him some room to take over games, that only happens when the season is on the line Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun 14 Jun - 20:40:10

RealGunner wrote:How can ANYONE argue Suarez isn't a top 5 player after a season he has had?

Suarez, Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo and Robben are in  a separate league.

Then the likes of Bale, Hazard, Benzema, Sanchez comes in.

^This
Neymar is a confirmed top 5 player and I don't know how it's still a debate tbh, along with Suarez, messi, Cr7 but I think robben will naturally drop down that list, but yeah, they're all exclusively in their own league..
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 14 Jun - 20:42:55

I'm sorry but this 'top number x player' nonsense has to stop.

None of you bother to include any players apart from strikers or attacking midfielders, and since football isn't played just with attacking players this whole exercise cannot be called anything other than an ENORMOUS FAIL
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 14 Jun - 20:44:18

I think we are talking about forwards
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 14 Jun - 20:49:45

Haven't you heard Hans? All defenders suck :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun 14 Jun - 20:54:34

I think its a little too easy for players to be top 5 nowadays
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 14 Jun - 20:57:29

El Shaarawy wrote:I think we are talking about forwards

But I've seen Benzema's name mentioned.

Come at me, Plebs Rebs.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 14 Jun - 21:00:02

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'm sorry but this 'top number x player' nonsense has to stop.

None of you bother to include any players apart from strikers or attacking midfielders, and since football isn't played just with attacking players this whole exercise cannot be called anything other than an ENORMOUS FAIL

If I bothered to spend any logical thought process into it instead of writing stuff for the giggles on here I'd also say it's impossible to rank footballers in absolute numbers who are so close to each other in ability and differ mostly because of circumstances, teammate performances, tactics, form, luck etc.

Suarez vs. Robben? Obviously Suarez had the better season now but on ability who is "better" in a vacuum? Can you truly rank that in numerical order? Something like Messi vs. Reus is clear as day but what about Özil vs. de Bruyne? Lewandowski vs. Benzema? De Gea vs. Courtois?

But luckily I don't spend time using my brain whenever I'm on GL so:

1. Messi
2. Suarez
3. Neymar
4. Robben
5. Hazard
6. Cristiano

it is.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 14 Jun - 21:01:27

Fußball wrote:

Come at me, Plebs Rebs.

You took too long for that one ffs, been waiting for 10 mins
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 14 Jun - 21:05:04

El Shaarawy wrote:
Fußball wrote:

Come at me, Plebs Rebs.

You took too long for that one ffs, been waiting for 10 mins

It's been a long season, I'm just tired right now. After recharging my batteries and having a preseason I'll be razor sharp again for 15/16. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 14 Jun - 21:06:58

Futbol has a brain? i'm genuinely frightened by the possibilities.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun 14 Jun - 21:07:23

It's just funny that whenever it's Ballon D'Or award season everyone is quick to point out how ridiculous they think the award is, team sport and all, but then spend all the rest of the year arguing about who are the 'top 3' or 'top 5' players and in which order lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 14 Jun - 21:08:08

This is the first time i have gave an order in probably years hmm

I now remember why i don't hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 14 Jun - 21:09:26

stfu with all the reasoning and logic

i'll call rg to ban all of u
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun 14 Jun - 21:10:35

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is the first time i have gave an order in probably years hmm

Because no one takes orders from a Geordie pleb? :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 14 Jun - 21:15:47

Fußball wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:This is the first time i have gave an order in probably years hmm

Because no one takes orders from a Geordie pleb? :coffee:

Stfu u hamburg pleb.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next