we keep on starting slow.

4 posters

Go down

we keep on starting slow.  Empty we keep on starting slow.

Post by REWB Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:23 pm

why? it happens so much, every game. i knew we were going to get punished for it one day.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

we keep on starting slow.  Empty Re: we keep on starting slow.

Post by EL Patron Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:26 pm

I think its to do with how Wenger sets up the team up, he wants the team to build a solid base defensively before we try to win the game. Its frustrating but its one of the reasons that we have a good defensive record this season. We don't go Kamikaze like we used to, we choose when to attack and when to sit back and absorb pressure.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:32 pm

I wonder if that was the game plan today, though, because I didn't see much intention from us to build a solid defensive base, what with the whole team going forward bar three defenders. Wenger even said we were a bit naive today, which is absolutely staggering considering what happened in the Dortmund game when we were too gung-ho.

Overall, yes, it's true that we've a more cautious and patient approach to games now. It works most of the time because it allows to control things. It nullifies the threat of the opposition while penning them back and gradually wearing away at them until we score. Then once we have the goal, we just see it out.

But why we didn't seem to have that approach today I don't really know. That we've gone to United, City and Liverpool and have started extremely poorly in all three games is very concerning.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm

I think its because the team lost its focus and discipline after the two set pieces goals. They just din't know how to react which is why they tried to attack and get another one. The players in midfield also weren't helping, when the team is under pressure like this. You want your midfield players to try and relieve a bit of pressure. The likes of Ozil and Cazorla just kept giving the ball time and time again
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 pm

Games usually start and end with physical impact... Other than the defense and Giroud, the entire midfield and wing players are smaller and more finesse type players. So until they get a rhythm with their technique and understand the pace of their opponent, they will struggle. You always have a period of evaluating your opponent and picking out the spaces when you have a midfield like this. As an example, Barca tend to struggle in the first 15 mins too until they get their rhythm.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down