DuringTheWar
M99
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
guest_07
17 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Juan Roman Riquelme: on & off the pitch - Page 7 Empty Re: Juan Roman Riquelme: on & off the pitch

Post by guest_07 Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:42 am

his top 55 goals (1996-2014):

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Juan Roman Riquelme: on & off the pitch - Page 7 Empty Re: Juan Roman Riquelme: on & off the pitch

Post by guest_07 Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:44 am

riquelme's (30 y.o., argentina) vs nigeria (2008 Olympic Final)

his last tournament & last winning cup for argentina

play like a "toll booth" as usual

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:55 am

riquelme owned schweinsteiger with little effort, priceless

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:30 am

riquelme's (24 y.o., barcelona) vs espanyol (2002 la liga) (camp nou)

played superb as playmaker, i thing xavi learn a lot from the boss

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:47 am

riquelme's (26 y.o., villarreal) vs real madrid (2004 la liga)

from slow start, he transform into majestic playmaker

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Mar 19, 2015 3:22 pm

best video about his ball retention skill

barca control possession via tiki taka

riquelme's team (boca, villarreal, argentina) control possession via riquelme himself, awesome

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed May 27, 2015 3:47 am

riquelme's (25 y.o., barcelona) vs juventus (2003 champions league qfinal; 2nd leg; home)

the memory before this 2015 champions league final vs same team

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:18 pm

riquelme's (24 y.o., boca) vs estudientes (2002 argentina league; away)

just "ordinary" skill

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:17 am

riquelme stop the match in the moment in order to applaud palermo's nutmeg in an exhibition game (battaglia's testimonial)

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:41 pm

riquelme got the ovation in the la bombonera full of atmosphere in the exhibition game (battaglia's testimonial)

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:20 am

lets nutmeg with mr.riquelme

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:56 pm

sadly, his last club before he announce his retirement on january 2015 when he already aged 37 years old.
i believe he still can play until 40 years old

riquelme in argentinos juniors shirt (2014) compilation:

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:11 pm

riquelme's backheel vs brazil:

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:29 pm

riquelme's (27 y.o., villarreal) vs barcelona (2005 la liga; home)

longer version (9:00 min +), before it was a 3:00 min + version.

man of the match against superstars barcelona team including ronaldinho, deco, xavi, eto'o etc.

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:02 pm

guest_07 wrote:when he was 27 y.o., 2005-2006 World Cup Qualifying vs Brazil (home)

(too short in about 2 mins but still many awesomeness of highlight)

same match but with a longer duration

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Sun May 22, 2016 9:20 am

riquelme's (25 y.o., villarreal) vs racing santander (2003 la liga; home)

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun May 22, 2016 7:15 pm

This vid brought a tear to my eye
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon May 23, 2016 2:38 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
This vid brought a tear to my eye

thanks for the video, rebano segrado, Thumbs up

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:43 pm

I keep clicking on on the sommer thread by accident, so I'm posting here for people to accidentally look at this thread instead.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:24 pm

guest_07 wrote:riquelme stop the match in the moment in order to applaud palermo's nutmeg in an exhibition game (battaglia's testimonial)

guest_07, can you reupload this video, pls? I can't watch it anymore, it's been deleted and I'm very sad about the loss of such historical footage. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:07 am

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:I keep clicking on on the sommer thread by accident, so I'm posting here for people to accidentally look at this thread instead.

I feel overwhelmed by your kindness, rebano sagrado

Thumbs up Thumbs up

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:08 am

futbol wrote:
guest_07 wrote:riquelme stop the match in the moment in order to applaud palermo's nutmeg in an exhibition game (battaglia's testimonial)

guest_07, can you reupload this video, pls? I can't watch it anymore, it's been deleted and I'm very sad about the loss of such historical footage. Sad

futbol, i will try to replace it

there are several videos on riquelme that have been deleted No

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:49 pm

futbol wrote:

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 am

his top 10 canos / nutmeg in all time:

]

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:05 am

i found another article about roman:

Riquelme – We will always have our ROMANce
by Hugo Carlos Chavez Barroso
MARCH 24, 2015
ARGENTINA, COLUMNS, GLOBAL FOOTBALL

“The best player of Argentine football is Riquelme, the second best is Riquelme when tired, and the third best is Riquelme when injured.” -Horacio Pagani

When you see a player like Diego Valeri with superb vision, when you see Pedro Morales change the pace of the game, when you see anyone play like a true number 10, even if it’s just for a moment, during any given match…I see Juan Roman Riquelme.

Roman was special since the moment of his debut at La Bombonera, when he came on as a sub in the fall of 1996 for the legend himself, Diego Armando Maradona. After that there was no looking back, “Topo-Gigio” made the glorious Boca number 10 jersey his own.

Some might say that he is a footballer from another time, a time when the sport wasn’t as athletic and running to defend wasn’t a demand for everyone on the pitch. Then there’s the ones that called him ‘Freezelme’ or Pecho Frio (reference in Spanish for him being cold) suggesting he doesn’t have the fire burning inside. Others see him as wasted talent, a player who will always carry the ‘what if’ or ‘what could have been’.

Perhaps all these people didn’t see what I saw him doing. They didn’t see him command the popular club Boca Juniors through its golden age. They didn’t see him take a tiny nonexistent club in Europe to the Champions League semifinal.

They didn’t see you uplift Argentina’s game on the mid 00’s. They missed that astonishing nutmeg to River’s Mario Yepes. They did not enjoy the bullfighter exhibition against Real Madrid in the Intercontinental Cup…they apparently were busy watching “footballers” being athletes and running on and on.

But I’m certain that when the years go by, and suddenly they realize that they had the chance to enjoy the last #10, they will regret it and I’m not sure how they will face their grandchildren to tell them they weren’t delighted at the time.

He once was quoted saying that “He didn’t play to make friends”. Jokes even came after he announced his retirement some weeks ago, claiming that his farewell game wasn’t going to happen because there was not enough players to complete the starting eleven of Riquelme’s friends team. He probably didn’t make many friends, but he surely made many followers – on and off the pitch. He made us fall in love with football over and over again.

In Roman’s time, there was also a great #10, one that was more mainstream, more liked by the masses. His name is Zinedine Zidane. But while the “wise” men underrated Riquelme, Zidane humbled himself and asked the Argentine to trade jerseys with him after his last ever club game in professional football. In the eyes of the greats, Riquelme sits on the same table as them. In his last Real Madrid match, Zidane chose Riquelme to swap shirts.

Not only do great contemporary players adore his playing style, there’s also the common class people who watch from the stands that recognize him as being bigger than God himself in what was once God’s only territory.

Riquelme came, played his exquisite football, won them everything, and therefore the Boca fanatics were forever grateful. He was the chosen one, he really was.

After Diego Maradona (once untouchable in Boca), had an argument with Riquelme which led to Roman ending his career, for the second and last time in the national team in 2009 and his chance of playing in South Africa 2010; Boca’s hinchas (fans) made it clear at la Bombonera with chants and banners who’s side they were on.

Riquelme knew this. He knew he owns Boca’s divine jersey and La Bombonera’s veneration.

“The 10 from Boca is mine. The day that a player from Boca wins more than three Libertadores, it will be his. And the day that a player plays more than 206 games at la Bombonera, it will be his playground, but for now it is the playground of my house,” Riquelme stated to ESPN Argentina after confirming his permanent retirement.

Even those who were born to despise him, had to give up, and instead learned to respect him even when that meant they had to bear him rip the club in their heart apart. As journalist and River Plate fanatic Javier Garcia wrote in a letter addressed to Roman:

“I impose myself not to like you. How was I to enjoy a player from Boca? Who can even think of it? I couldn’t ignore you either. You are too great for anyone that likes football to be indifferent to you. So then, I had to conform myself with the third option: I suffered you. I lived all your years at Boca with the sensation, the indescribable that the Xeneize victory was possible in any place, any circumstance or moment if The Ten was Juan Roman Riquelme.”

Riquelme understood and read the game in such a way, that coaching wasn’t needed, what was needed was for them to do what Carlos Bianchi did: let him do whatever he wants. Coaches shouldn’t restrict talent, those who do, are taking actions equivalent to not letting Michelangelo paint.

“With the ball (on his feet) he is the best, without it we play with 10 men”, once said Louis van Gaal about Riquelme regarding the time they were together in Barcelona.

When he said that, it felt like football had died a little bit. It was also one of those times when I realized that some people are blind when beauty is right in front of them.

We can easily enumerate his defects (real or not): his slow tempo, his nonfriendly attitude, his arrogance, his need of being the man to look for in the field…but if these is what it takes to win Copas Libertadores, see incredible goal-passes, witness his masterful strike, see the Yellow Submarine emerge to existence, win the Olympic gold, then, I don’t know about you, but in my team – Riquelme starts every match.

It will never be the same to watch football, to watch Boca without him, especially for a generation that was deeply marked by his path in football from beginning to end. It might be a long time after we see another real #10, another playmaker of his characteristics…but until then, we will always have…Roman.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:12 pm

maradona's wish:

If I had money, I would ask Riquelme to return – Maradona

Jul 20, 2016 19:28:09
The 38-year-old playmaker may have retired at the start of last year, but his fellow Boca Juniors legend would love to see him on the pitch again

Diego Maradona would love to see former Argentina international and Boca Juniors great Juan Roman Riquelme back at the club.

Riquelme, 38, retired in January 2015 after 51 appearances for the national team and having starred for Boca, Barcelona and Villarreal throughout his career.

However, Argentina great Maradona said Boca – eliminated in the Copa Libertadores semi-finals – should consider making a move for the talented attacking midfielder.

"If I had money, I would ask Riquelme to return," Maradona said in an interview with Fox Sports.

Riquelme was a four-time Argentine Footballer of the Year, while he won Olympic gold in 2008.

He won numerous league titles with Boca, as well as three Copa Libertadores crowns.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next