BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 3 Empty Re: Liverpool vs Swansea

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:59 pm

Flanagan was our best defender, especially in second half. Yes, he struggled with routledge initially, but improved as the game went on. Massive in our third goal too. The rest of defense + mig were garbage all 90 minutes

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:19 pm

Exactly Sepi. I don't understand how people didn't think Flanno played well.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:22 pm

Sepi, too? If I knew how to make one of those "Player X vs Team" compilations, I might just spend time to do that. Because Flanagan was seriously not good enough in this game. He did have a couple of good moments, especially in our 3rd goal, but made far too many mistakes with and without the ball. His game was summed up for me when he threw a throw in straight to a Swansea player. Let me put it this way that if Rodgers saw what I did, I'm expecting Cissokho to start our next game.

I also forgot to praise Sterling's pass for our first goal, what a beauty it was, didn't know he had that in him :bow:

The saddest part in this game was the further realization that we effectively traded Shelvey for Alberto...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Look I'm speaking under assumption of the best out of a shitty group. Our whole defense was shambolic. But Flanno was the best of a bad lot.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:32 pm

I dont understand this obsession with Shelvey, he might be good or might be improving also. But just because we saw today moment that it happens that he scores a good goal :facepalm: anyways just my opinion and sometimes I feel that few players look great when they play for club like Swansea hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Yeah I think Shelvey has been actually very poor as a whole for Swansea (And a couple of goals against us won't change that). He's never going to be good enough to play for us unfortunately.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:55 pm

Shelvey hasn't been poor for Swansea, mostly what I've seen of Swansea this season, Shelvey has been up to the standard what you might expect from a mid-table Premiership club's player playing in his position. Also one of the first names on the team sheet when fit - I don't think Alberto would be that.

When I say I'm sad that we've got Alberto instead of Shelvey doesn't mean that I'd see Shelvey a starter for us. But they're the same age and Alberto can hardly get any minutes while Shelvey got about 9 times more PL minutes for us last season than Alberto is set to have this season. Shelvey now has 5 goals and 4 assists in the league, which already sounds like a fine first season as a PL midfield regular. Someone worthy of being brought on as a substitute for us while Alberto apparently isn't that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:10 pm

I think Shelvy also wanting regular games at this stage of his career contributed to BR selling him .

He also improved with regular run of games for Swansea but dont think he has in it in him to ever be a regular for us.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Art Morte wrote:Shelvey hasn't been poor for Swansea, mostly what I've seen of Swansea this season, Shelvey has been up to the standard what you might expect from a mid-table Premiership club's player playing in his position. Also one of the first names on the team sheet when fit - I don't think Alberto would be that.

When I say I'm sad that we've got Alberto instead of Shelvey doesn't mean that I'd see Shelvey a starter for us. But they're the same age and Alberto can hardly get any minutes while Shelvey got about 9 times more PL minutes for us last season than Alberto is set to have this season. Shelvey now has 5 goals and 4 assists in the league, which already sounds like a fine first season as a PL midfield regular. Someone worthy of being brought on as a substitute for us while Alberto apparently isn't that.
well you yourself know the difference in situation...btw I am little scared now to create thread now, but good that Henderson's high energy helped me keep my record at 100% . Not sure if Sepi should create the thread for next Southampton game, according to me it is a big match hmm

Also Hendo deserves some recognition and I hate him sometimes that he has all the capability to take good shots; but there was another chance when he was in the box where he should have directly shot at goal, instead he tried some fancy ball. It was such a wonderful thing to see that against Fulham, Coutinho earned a goal by a deflected shot and today another midfielder Hendo did it, that too twice :bow: some encouragement I must say towards the end of the season

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:57 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Honestly we need to bring in Allen for either Sterling or Coutinho and control the midfield

Defensive both Henderson and Gerrard has been pretty poor

Why would you take off Sterling?

He's been our best player after Sturridge. Shocked

I dont like saying but told u so Razz

Allen was excellent and changed the game for us.Must start against Southampton

I agree, but I don't think Sterling was the right man to take off.

Coutinho should of been the one, I think. Doesn't matter though, we got the 3 points. bounce

BusterLfc wrote:stop overrating flanagan

It's because he's from the academy. lol

Cissokho should of started yesterday's game. He's been our best defender over the last 3-4 weeks and had no merit to being dropped, especially with the form Flanagan's been in that time.

He needs a time on the bench. Flanno is clearly talented, but he's not as good as everyone is making him out to be. He's started to panic a lot more, and people are attacking him too, exploiting the space behind him by pulling him out of position. Simply just needs a breather/sit back on the bench and just get his head right.

He's still very young, and still doesn't have it "mentally". Suso and Sterling were rested after 6 months last season because the PL can be mentally demanding. I think Flanagan needs that rest as again, this is really he's first ever consistent game time in the PL.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:00 am

One thing I didn't understand, why didn't Johnson & Flanagan start in their natural positions!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:39 am

^ Flanagan did play in his natural position.

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 3 AKCgE1u

I honestly prayed this didn't turn out like the 4-4 draw against Arsenal in 2008/9 when Hendo scored to make it 4-3.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:41 am

McAgger wrote:Yeah I think Shelvey has been actually very poor as a whole for Swansea (And a couple of goals against us won't change that). He's never going to be good enough to play for us unfortunately.

That's not true at all.

He had a slow start, but he's been solid for them.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:15 am

Red Alert wrote:
He needs a time on the bench. Flanno is clearly talented, but he's not as good as everyone is making him out to be. He's started to panic a lot more, and people are attacking him too, exploiting the space behind him by pulling him out of position. Simply just needs a breather/sit back on the bench and just get his head right.

I totally agree with this. In my opinion, Flanagan played better when he first came into the side this season. Now that he has had some games he has become a bit too brave and daring without realizing his limits yet. He was more solid defensively in those first games when he was probably going in his head "don't make a mistake, don't make a mistake, play it safe". In the last few games he has committed himself too many times to moves where he thought "I'll get the ball off of them here", but instead underestimated the opposition's quality and they kept possession while their winger got into the vacated space behind Flanagan.

A little similar case to Sterling in the previous season when he attempted to dribble past defenders way too often without understanding that the quality at this level is such that you're not going to succeed very often. Once he learnt better judgement, he has become a much better player. Flanagan should be benched for a while to help realize the same thing, because right now he is trying to do things on the pitch he's not capable of.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:35 am

Art Morte wrote:[snip]

Exactly right.

It's completely common for development as a younger player.

Cissokho needs to come back against Soton.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:40 am

Well I dont agree that Cissokho should have started ahead of Flano, Flano knows how to get the ball out of the defence and he did it on many occasions and the good thing is now players around him are showing the willingness to play around him, pass him and receive the ball. Cissokho would have been more solid in terms 'dont let your defender get passed so easily.' Cissokho is like a wooden block, who just keeps moving and tries to beat the last man sometimes on the flank and succeeds once in million times. But yday we were not playing a counter exactly attacking football, we needed two bodies on the flank who are good at passing, who will help to keep the ball more and Flano is ahead of him in those terms. I think no one overrated Flana ever, everyone just said he is doing OK as of now. And Art's explaination as to why Flano got passed easily is correct.
Btw, just to tell my opinion Flano was our best defender yday on the pitch because everyone was shite yday. I am sure Flano will improve, probably never will be a first team starter but can be a solid back up option.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:05 am

Am I in my own boat where I say Kolo was our "best" defender last night?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:08 am

Art Morte wrote:Shelvey hasn't been poor for Swansea, mostly what I've seen of Swansea this season, Shelvey has been up to the standard what you might expect from a mid-table Premiership club's player playing in his position. Also one of the first names on the team sheet when fit - I don't think Alberto would be that.

Can't even beat Teixeira to get onto the bench in recent weeks too. :facepalm:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:10 am

Red Alert wrote:Am I in my own boat where I say Kolo was our "best" defender last night?
I think he was hmm well it was so funny when he was asking other players around him to calm down Laughing you dumb clown kolo Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 am

Actually the best thing he could do... showed great leadership back there. How is he dumb for doing so?  scratch 

He brought composure into a team that was obviously struggling with a nervous fast / high tempo game and completely marked Bony out of the game at the same time...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am

Red Alert wrote:Actually the best thing he could do... showed great leadership back there. How is he dumb for doing so?  scratch 

He brought composure into a team that was obviously struggling with a nervous fast / high tempo game and completely marked Bony out of the game at the same time...
no just still pissed off about West Brom mistake, but he did show a calming aprroach and BR did a good sub there, I thought before you start lashing him out I would do it Wink

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 am

Fair enough. Razz

Think you need to stop holding grudges though. Yeah, he made a (very bad) mistake against West Brom, but who in our defence hasn't this season? Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 3 12753730444_7ea75543eb_o

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 3 12753520515_f32bbe1cec_o

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 3 12753881463_f0f54bea78_o

Liverpool vs Swansea - Page 3 12754050963_cb97529894_o

Other chances
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited by McAgger on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 5 times in total
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:44 pm

My god that goal is a thing of pure beauty...the Henderson goal too. I'm a fan of pace and through balls. Near perfection here.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next