RealGunner
McAgger
danyjr
REWB
Valkyrja
futbol
13 posters

Go down

The Oliver Torres appreciation thread Empty The Oliver Torres appreciation thread

Post by futbol Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:52 pm

People talking about scrubs like Thiago, Pogba, Verratti. But here is the real deal. 19 year old future Xavi on steroids midfielder Oliver Torres, currently on loan at Villarreal from Atletico who will gladly bend over and sell him to Barca when the time is right.

His first game for Villarreal after a dislocated shoulder injury. :bow:

Inb4 Arq's opinions don't matter in this thread. He jelly because Oliver >>>>> any Basque midfielder ever. :coffee:

freecat's opinion doesn't matter either. He mad because Oliver >>>>> Catalan scrubs like Sergi Fraudberto.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

The Oliver Torres appreciation thread Empty Re: The Oliver Torres appreciation thread

Post by Valkyrja Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Future Real Madrid legend. Folowing the steps of Raul.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Oliver Torres appreciation thread Empty Re: The Oliver Torres appreciation thread

Post by futbol Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Future Real Madrid legend. Folowing the steps of Raul.

Pls go.

Óliver: "Iniesta y Xavi son un ejemplo para mí." Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:05 pm

he will come to arsenal first, then he'll move to barca Proud
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:12 pm

A raw talent though too rough around the edges right now. Been a fan since he played in Spain's Under 19's a couple of years ago, perhaps not on par with Thiago and Isco but certainly impressed me more than the overly hyped Denis Suárez.

I would like him to play more centrally once he is more experienced. He has the technique and vision to do it, but he needs to learn how to adjust the tempo because right now he is too quick to move the ball forward.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:20 pm

extremely poor man's Suso :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:21 pm

Looks far more like Modric than Xavi in playing style. Let's see how he develops in any case.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:34 pm

modric already influencing spanish football
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Mehdric? Pls refrain from comparing the future pride of Catalunya with that headless chicken.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:20 am

I like the way he looks on the ball, but I agree right now he's too quick to move the ball forward and doesn't look to be making the best decisions. Not only is this an attribute he must learn in general (patience, better decision making), but he'll need it in bundles at Barca if he comes. These are skills that will come with age and experience, however. I like the look of him. He seems to have good dribbling ability and technique, and looks to have the vision too. Really I need to watch more of him before I can properly judge though. I'm making these statements on that 4 min vid Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:05 am

Reminds me Deco more than Xavi
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:09 am

There were heavy rumours that Barca got first preference on him when they did the Villa deal with Atletico.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm

*Watches the video expecting something.

*lots of dribling and a lot of astray passes. Two good passes.

You can just see in that video why I don't like him, hogging the ball and making only one good pass while tens of passes go wrong.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:45 pm

And against probably the worst team in the league. I have not been that impressed by him and the video doesnt really help either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:51 pm

The video was not supposed to highlight a "special" match from him. It's just him playing for his new team for the first time as a substitute after a 6 week injury-layoff. I'm going to post his match videos in this thread if I can find them.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:40 pm

dont lie bro, you wanted us to fap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:46 pm

He's been overhyped beyond the distance of his current propensity as aside from his dribbles I've set to see anything of concrete note from him that convices me he won't be another failed Atlético prospect.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down