LeSwagg James
izzy
dmize
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Le Samourai
24 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:03 am

Mason Plumlee destroyed LeBron imo. Dunked past him then completely stuffed him on the other end.

Block was clean since any body part in contact with the ball is considered part of the ball, it's incidental contact.

Plumdog Millionaire was running back on D as well so he was playing catch up :bow:

Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Zealous Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:10 am

The Franchise wrote:

Basketball Nirvana.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:18 am

Quick question: do y'all consider LeBron James to be clutch? This came up at work today and I personally feel like he becomes a shadow of himself during crunch time. Shadow of himself might be a stretch, but I definitely see a negative changes when the pressure is on. Just my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:48 am

Haven't been here in a while Laughing

Anyway, yeah. I think he's clutch.
When the pressure's on, 9/10 he's the guy getting the job done, whether it be on defense, facilating or scoring, he's always involed in making the key plays.

Judging him is very hard to do nowadays.
I mean, when he hit the GW over GS, many said 'it's just the regular season'. Had any other player (past or present) hit that shot, it wouldn't even be questioned about the conditions or whether that was clutch or not.

Anyway, it seems like his career in Cleveland is completely ignored nowadays, which us a shame, but the price he pays.

I mean, he's the only player who i've seen be criticised for hitting a go ahead bucket with only 5 secs left in the game. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:30 am

Nope he aint clutch. He aint a freeze machine anymore though. He is mid level.

He has a bad habit of bone head turnovers in the clutch, like incredibly bad passes and decisions.

Has the ability to hit some shots though.

Yeah, mid level.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:25 am

What Dani said.

Basically his ability to be clutch is about the same as his ability to consistently knock down outside shots.

He's capable of doing it, but he doesn't do it consistently enough to be considered a great shooter and clutch.

He'll have occasions when he does do it so he's not a chokejob but not enough for me to call him clutch either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:59 am

@Izzy I don't care who we're discussing; clutch in regular season is not the same as clutch in a must win, or game 7 situation. I also think 9/10 is being quite generous.

I don't watch enough to feel my opinion counts, but from what I've seem there are still some nerves during crunch time. Not saying one can't be nervous, but I don't feel it should be so visable. A coworker told me LeBron tends to be a pass first guy, but I think that's pretty inexcusable...a player of his caliber should be able to create a shot and/or force a foul (I feel he shys away from being at the free throw line late in games).

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I don't really feel it's clutch or not clutch per se. His scoring tools are pretty basic, If refs don't call fouls for him or the jumper most teams are pretty willing to give up doesn't fall, he doesn't have much else.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:32 pm

So you're saying he is not one or the other?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:47 pm

Lebron being a "pass first guy" is totally overdone if still being used today. I dont see what that has to do with clutch situations at all.

Either you make the right decision or not.

Anyway, if anyone actually bothered looking they would find that Lebron only just about makes more passes per game than Westbrook and less than players like Curry, Irving, Love, Griffin, Parker, Lawson, Wall, Gasol etc. None of whom I have ever heard been called "pass first".
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:Lebron being a "pass first guy" is totally overdone if still being used today. I dont see what that has to do with clutch situations at all.

Anyway, if anyone actually bothered looking they would find that Lebron only just about makes more passes per game than Westbrook and less than players like Curry, Irving, Love, Griffin, Parker, Lawson, Wall, Gasol etc. None of whom I have ever heard been called "pass first".
I agreed with you until the last part of your post.

You mentioned a bunch of point guards....of course no one is going to refer to a point guard as "pass first" when in fact that's what they're actually supposed to be doing. Love is probably passing a little bit more since Rubio is almost always injured but he's known more for his rebounding(which he's a monster at) and his outside shooting. No one really cares about Kevin Love's passing. And don't tell me you have never heard journos praise Pau for his passing abilities along with his low post scoring.

You were making a good point but proceeded to use bad examples.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:45 pm

ranDOM 10 wrote:@Izzy I don't care who we're discussing; clutch in regular season is not the same as clutch in a must win, or game 7 situation. I also think 9/10 is being quite generous.

I don't watch enough to feel my opinion counts, but from what I've seem there are still some nerves during crunch time. Not saying one can't be nervous, but I don't feel it should be so visable. A coworker told me LeBron tends to be a pass first guy, but I think that's pretty inexcusable...a player of his caliber should be able to create a shot and/or force a foul (I feel he shys away from being at the free throw line late in games).

Well, who is clutch in the NBA?
By that standard, I don't see anyone actually meeting those criterias.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:30 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Lebron being a "pass first guy" is totally overdone if still being used today. I dont see what that has to do with clutch situations at all.

You mentioned a bunch of point guards....of course no one is going to refer to a point guard as "pass first" when in fact that's what they're actually supposed to be doing. Love is probably passing a little bit more since Rubio is almost always injured but he's known more for his rebounding(which he's a monster at) and his outside shooting. No one really cares about Kevin Love's passing. And don't tell me you have never heard journos praise Pau for his passing abilities along with his low post scoring.

But none of them are "pass first" players, they are all THE primary scorers for their team.

And your completely missing the point anyway. All of those guys are great passers..but the point is, noone calls any of those guys "pass first players"...that is reserved for just a few, the Rubio's, the Rondo's...so throwing Lebron into that mix is obviously wrong and strange, just like noone throws in those guys.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

But none of them are "pass first" players, they are all THE primary scorers for their team.

And your completely missing the point anyway. All of those guys are great passers..but the point is, noone calls any of those guys "pass first players"...that is reserved for just a few, the Rubio's, the Rondo's...so throwing Lebron into that mix is obviously wrong and strange, just like noone throws in those guys.

I think the main reason its used for Lebron is that its not common for a small forward to be that willing to be a facilitator. Rondo and Rubio are mostly pass first guys because they absolutely suck at shooting so they've spent time tuning up their passing skills. That's what I think of them, at least. Someone like Chris Paul, you could say he's a pass first point guard but he's also very good at shooting as well.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:44 am

Last week of the season lets discuss the playoffs in the west.

Mainly the last 4 spots.

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Wester10

Only two games between GSW and Memphis Laughing Shocked 

Also after looking in danger until LMA came back now Portland are only a game and a half back of the 4th spot Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:07 am

It's not about the amount of shots one hits in clutch situations, for me it's more about their ability to remnain calm/confident. I already mentioned that I don't watch enough games to judge, but I've seen LeBron fall apart in enough big moments. One name that a coworker mentioned as clutch was Joe Johnson (I can't speak on that). As I said, for me clutch is the ability to treat a big shot or possession as any other situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:22 am

Joe Johnson is clutch if anything else.....

The ball is constantly in his hands when the shotclock is running down and he almost always is able to create offense under great pressure.

Still think he's vastly overpaid though Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:40 am

Wade is out again tonight :facepalm:

We're like a cripple struggling to get past the finish line at this point.. It will be tough beating the Pacers with Bosh as our only real big tonight
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:04 am

LeSwagg James wrote:Wade is out again tonight :facepalm:

We're like a cripple struggling to get past the finish line at this point.. It will be tough beating the Pacers with Bosh as our only real big tonight

Let's not pretend like the Pacers are something right now  rofl

Too bad Lopez went down, Nets could have challenged.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:34 am

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Andre-iguodala-shakes-quincy-miller

Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:43 am

Le Samourai wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:Wade is out again tonight :facepalm:

Let's not pretend like the Pacers are something right now  rofl

Too bad Lopez went down, Nets could have challenged.

When you're undermanned it's never easy
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:02 am

Birdman and Haslem are back :bow:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Big game from those two Proud

Now we need OKC to do us a favor on Sunday
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Roy Hibbert is just pathetic. What the hell happened to this dude. He can't even get a rebound.

5 points and 1 rebound in his last 2 games combined? rofl
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Corey Brewer with 51 rofl

Scrubs gone crazy this year.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:15 pm

ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo 9h
NBA players with 45 points & 6 steals in a game over the last 25 seasons: Michael Jordan, Clyde Drexler, Allen Iverson and... Corey Brewer.

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 10 Yao
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next