Lord Awesome
Art Morte
che
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Bellabong
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One Empty Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One

Post by Bellabong Fri 21 Mar - 16:52:08

Why am I still going on about this? Simply bitterness. Remember the AC Unity parity outrage? Multiply that by at least 4 years worth, hell, since Crysis was released the only thing that's happened tech-wise is optimizing features Crysis pulled off.

It's not just blind fanboyism:

/r/pcmasterrace wrote:"Why do you care what other people enjoy games on? Why can't you just let them buy what they want?"
That's a great question. We (PC gamers) love the game industry just as much as anyone else. Unfortunately for the industry, modern consoles are sucking it dry.

Consoles hurt all of the following: PC gamers, console gamers, and game creators.

Consoles help all of the following: The manufacturers that created and fiercely market them, developers that were purchased by a console manufacturer, and "journalists" that side with them. That's it.

In comparison: PC helps all of the following:

Hardware manufacturers (Asus, AMD, Gigabyte, XFX, EVGA, Intel, Seagate, etc)
Software companies (Unity Technologies, Adobe, Mozilla, CD Projekt Red, Google, Dropbox)
Game creators (Blizzard, Gearbox Software, Crytek, Valve, CD Projekt Red, id Software, Rockstar, Devolver Digital)
PC gamers
Console gamers (by giving console manufacturers a standard to aspire for, unfortunately they just use marketing to justify shooting for the bottom of the bin)

and finally, PC hurts all of the following:

Profit margins of console manufacturers
Developers that signed away their rights or entire existence over to console manufacturers
"Journalists" that rely on pro-console and anti-PC FUD to pay their bills

/r/pcmasterrace wrote:Why should I choose a PC over a console?
PCs are awesome gaming and work for many reasons, including but not limited to the following reasons:

• Console-equivalent PC hardware is cheaper, as are the games.
  • Works with any TV or monitor (even multiple of each)
  • Works with any controller
  • PC games offer a clearer image thanks to native resolution, console games don't allow resolution adjustments
  • Free online services (Steam, Galaxy, Desura, Mumble, etc)
  • Bigger and better online services, for FREE
  • Localized multiplayer, up to 16 players in some games
  • Using a modern GPU yields 60+ frames per second during gameplay. Consoles can barely reach 30FPS most of the time.
  • Usable for work, education, as well as entertainment
  • Faster than a PS4 or XBox One, even for $400
  • Cheaper games (Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle)
  • Better-rated games (by MetaScore)
  • Free game modifications and enhancements
  • More games, much larger library
  • More exclusive games
  • Healthy independent developer scene
  • Lots of free games
  • Free abandonware titles
  • Can emulate many console games using freely available emulators
  • Increasingly cheaper hardware for the price as new GPUs are released
  • Big Picture mode for couch gaming
  • Easier to repair and highly modular
  • Backward and forward hardware compatibility of ~2 years
  • No punishments for repairing
  • Can be upgraded if desired
  • Easier to upgrade
  • Better price-performance than consoles
  • Higher framerates (smoother)
  • Higher resolution (native to your display, amazingly sharp). Consoles struggle, even at 700-900p!
  • Higher graphical details (lighting, textures, foliage, particles, shading, weather)
  • You're probably going to own some sort of PC anyways, why not pay a bit more on top to make it a gaming machine? That alone makes it cheaper than a console.

Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One T4VfxWR
logarithmic scale of raw GPU performance over time

My original post:

"PC gaming is so much more expensive than console gaming", "A console game will look better than a PC game"

Lies lies lies.

You could incorporate a $150 Geforce 750Ti in almost any recently bought computer and outperform the XBone and PS4 - http://www.dsogaming.com/news/low-end-gpu-geforce-750ti-runs-battlefield-4-better-than-ps4-titanfall-better-than-xbox-one/

That means you could build a brand new PC for US$500, €420, £400 (anything in the "Good" category & above on http://www.logicalincrements.com) and have a PC that will be equal to/outperform the PS4/Xbone. Or you can just drop it into your existing PC (if you have a PCIe port... which 99% of PC's over the past 4 years have) due to its measly 60W (that's the same as an "oldschool" ceiling bulb) power-requirements and depending on your other specs. Nvidia has an interesting build with a case that's slightly bigger than the Gamecube:

Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One Geforce-gtx-750-ti-mini-itx-pc-build-guide-key-image-640px

What we're talking about here is being able to build/buy a PC for the same price as the consoles just a few months after their release. For reference while PC's have been more powerful than consoles at release since the PS3 it took around 3 years (the 7800 and 8800 were $600 cards) before you could build a PC that outperformed a console for a $700 pricepoint and by then console prices had dropped even further.(which the point you seemed to have missed Falcao). But now, they're the same price, PC games are cheaper and due to the similar architecture PC versions of games will be far easier to make compared to the previous gen so there might be a lot less exclusives and expect working PS4 and XBone emulators after they're cracked (there are whispers of PS4 emulation having already begun and a PS3 emulator project achieved commercial game emulation 2 weeks ago). If you have bluetooth you could even play Wii games with the motion controller at 1080p. (reminder: The Wii is 640p Laughing)

All in all the PC vs. Console saga has come down to exclusives because that's the only category where consoles can arguably compete and even that is on a knife edge. If one is too scared to build a PC one can just buy a $300-$350 price range budget PC from a big brand and throw in the 750Ti (even easier than upgrading your RAM).

I'm not trying to fanboy the whole PC vs console thing, I'm just trying to clear up a few myths because I saw mole mentioning $2000 super PC's somewhere which is an ignorant statement. What I will go full fanboy on is claiming that in 2-3 years you'll be able to buy a $500 PC that can play every game ever made. Except Rogue Squadron 2-3 for the Gamecube because Dolphin devs haven't been able to figure out what hacks Factor 5 used to make the game look so good compared to the rest of the NGC game collection.

Last edited by Phritz on Mon 24 Nov - 10:01:46; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One Empty Re: Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 21 Mar - 17:39:55

Phritz wrote:

I'm not trying to fanboy the whole PC vs console thing.

Agenda failed Laughing

And no exclusives are not an knife edge lol.

If you buy a PS4 you will get exclusives PC will never get lol.

Not to mention my favourite game of the last generation is not on PC.

My brother recently bought a £1200 PC which is a lot more powerful than PS4 and Xbone is but quite frankly, i don't get impressed by improved textures.

In fact i have been playing old games recently and its noticeable how for the most part gameplay as taken a back seat in favour of "1080P 60FPS HERP DERP" in recent years which i don't like.

At the end of the day i'd play N64 level GFX over today's if it meant the gameplay was more focused on.

I don't plan on buying a PS4 any time soon and if i do it will be because it will have games i can't get otherwise, not because they are prettier but because i physically can't play them otherwise.

Why in the hell would i spend ex amount more money just to play the same exact game when i couldn't give a shit about graphics?

Unless your giving me gameplay improvements i'm not interested in the slightest.

In any case i clearly have different tastes to most as the Wii U is interesting me more than either the PS4 or Xbone atm Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One Empty Re: Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One

Post by che Fri 21 Mar - 17:48:11

also worth mentioning that there will be basically no optimisation in this console generation to make games run better in the future, the extent will be the difference between dx9 and dx11, if that... this used to be the case before because console architecture was completely different to pcs, not the least of which was the absolute clusterf*ck sony put in the ps3... it took years for developers to learn how to actually code something properly for the damn thing

this generation is bog standard x86 architecture based on gimped pc parts from two years ago, basically laptops with a proprietary operating system and no screen
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri 21 Mar - 19:47:44

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
http://slashdot.org/topic/cloud/the-quest-to-build-xbox-one-and-ps4-emulators/
tl;dr never say never.

Is it on PS3?
https://github.com/DHrpcs3/rpcs3
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=193 - Wont be long Wink

Is it on Xbox 360?
https://github.com/benvanik/xenia
further behind the PS3 progress but still relevant.

So yes, exclusives are on a knife edge because the architecture similarities mean that eventual PS4 and XBone emulators wont require epic amount more power to run. Let's not forget that PC has its fair share of great exclusives (let's keep it to PS3/X360 Gen era to be fair) like Cryostasis, Amnesia, Penumbra, Killing Floor, Counterstrike, Starcraft II, the Total War Series, Stalker series, World in Conflict, Company of Heroes, Shattered Horizon, Terraria, Minecraft, League of Legends, DOTA 2 etc.

Why in the hell would i spend ex amount more money just to play the same exact game when i couldn't give a shit about graphics?

More money? I suggest you reread my post, it seems you tl;dr'ed my post into PC Graphics > Console Graphics when it's about the cost of gaming.... You're spending $150 unless you have a 7 year old computer or no computer at all and you completely ignore the fact you'll be able to buy the exact same game for less. Otherwise you're spending pretty much the same as on a new console and if you're dirt poor you don't have to spend anything at all for games (Although that's true for the X360 as well)

Unless your giving me gameplay improvements i'm not interested in the slightest.

Do I really need to list all the gameplay improvement mods made for every PC game? I guess I'll post some major ones:
Third Age: Total War 3.0 - Complete Medieval II: Total War conversion to Third Age Middle Earth.
Skyrim - I'll just link http://www.skyrimgems.com for a list of good lore-friendly ones. There's also mods that add way more content than the DLC's. Some of my favorite mods for sheer content are Falskaar and Interesting NPC's (2GB!). Let's not forget the unofficial patches for bug fixing.
Breaking Point - Zombie Apocalypse Survival mod for Arma III (much, much better than DayZ)
Feed the Beast - A huge modpack for Minecraft that adds things from new dimensions to industrial machines, new animals, new minerals etc.
Sky 2014 - Overhaul of PES 2014 with far more accurate faces, all the real names and logos etc.
Fall From Heaven 2 - Complete Fantasy conversion of Civ 4.
Call of Duty Promod - Competitive/Balance mod for Cod 4.
San Andreas Multiplayer, GTA IV MP, Just Cause 2 MP - Self explanatory.
Full Combat Rebalance 1 & 2 - Combat rebalance for Witcher 1 & 2 - The author got hired to work on Witcher 3
MEEM - A Mass Effect 3 mod that changes the ending to what the writer of ME2 had envisaged.
Ziggy's Mod - Far Cry 3 challenge, realism and immersion mod.

Let's not forget that mods like Desert Combat for Battlefield 1942 or Counterstrike for Half Life have spawned series that are relevant up to this day.

That's just the tip of the iceberg qua modding.

che wrote:also worth mentioning that there will be basically no optimisation in this console generation to make games run better in the future, the extent will be the difference between dx9 and dx11, if that... this used to be the case before because console architecture was completely different to pcs, not the least of which was the absolute clusterf*ck sony put in the ps3... it took years for developers to learn how to actually code something properly for the damn thing

this generation is bog standard x86 architecture based on gimped pc parts from two years ago, basically laptops with a proprietary operating system and no screen

Let's not forget that Mantle will soon allow game devs low level access to GPU's Smile

Last edited by Phritz on Fri 21 Mar - 21:19:29; edited 1 time in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 21 Mar - 20:37:24

None of those games interest me hmm

Well except The Witcher 2 which i have already completed twice on my Xbox and i adored it so i don't feel i need improvements hmm

I'm somebody that if a game is fun to play and not broken gameplay wise then i'm happy lol.

Game in question was Red Dead Redemption.

Also i have a very shitty budget laptop which i use for browsing the internet, watching videos and listening to music.

So yes it would cost me more than 150.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri 21 Mar - 20:51:47

PC >>> consoles.

If not for nothing else but the controls. Most games I much prefer to play with keyboard and mouse.

But yeah, performance wise, PCs are naturally going to be ahead of development.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue 15 Jul - 22:46:19

Phritz wrote:

I'm not trying to fanboy the whole PC vs console thing.

Agenda failed Laughing

And no exclusives are not an knife edge lol.

My brother recently bought a £1200 PC which is a lot more powerful than PS4 and Xbone is but quite frankly, i don't get impressed by improved textures.

In fact i have been playing old games recently and its noticeable how for the most part gameplay as taken a back seat in favour of "1080P 60FPS HERP DERP" in recent years which i don't like.

At the end of the day i'd play N64 level GFX over today's if it meant the gameplay was more focused on.

I don't plan on buying a PS4 any time soon and if i do it will be because it will have games i can't get otherwise, not because they are prettier but because i physically can't play them otherwise.

In any case i clearly have different tastes to most as the Wii U is interesting me more than either the PS4 or Xbone atm Laughing

You tell em' bro. Very Happy

I'm in agreement with Mole. PC might be nice to look at but seeing as I have no games I'd play on it I don't need it.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 15 Jul - 22:54:13

Meh consoles are about the social experience. It's about playing with friends when they come over, not about value per graphics quality.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed 16 Jul - 1:19:54

Agreed.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed 16 Jul - 12:41:05

RG has no friends.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed 16 Jul - 17:40:51

I probably spend more time playing Mario tennis, Pokemon stadium 2 and Super Smash bros 64 for N64 and super Mario strikers/smash melee for GameCube than I do any other games tbh.

Consoles are definitely for the social experience.

Doesn't mean I don't also play games on my PC tho. Steam and mods Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 16 Jul - 18:14:33

Abramovich wrote:RG has no friends.

RG is like a brother to me ffs, nothing says friendship like going to WWE live in Manchester together and doing lines of coke together.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed 16 Jul - 18:49:19

I have a €500 gaming PC. Yet the only game I play is WOW test servers when it's up.

Playstation >>>>
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed 16 Jul - 18:49:43

Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 18 Jul - 15:47:04

My pc was bought in late 2008 and just yesterday i bought this for 180 e

Food for thought if you're considering buying a PS4 or an Xbox One Pressshot

Checked Assassins Creed Black Flag , Thief so far . Not only do they run flawlessly and at max settings but it's at least as good , if not better , than PS4 graphics. I have bad ram for todays standards , just 3 , and my CPU isn't so good these days , core2quad 3.20 ghz , but you won't believe how my pc doesn't give a rats ass when it plays these games flawlessly at full settings . If i would upgrade my CPU and ram , i dont even need to but lets say if , it will be significantly better than the PS4 . On top of that , i can get games really cheap and if i am unsure , free to test a game before i buy it , reject said game. I can even go deal with it and just download a game if there comes a period i am not comfortable spending on a game.

Phritz is right and i agree. Nothing stands in front of PC gaming and even though you could make a case before , and a good one at that , money isnt the issue anymore with PC gaming.. You can suit your needs and you will get awesome results either way . Now if you want cutting edge gaming sure it's expensive , but if you want PS4 standards , i only paid 180 e to get PS4 Proud In fact , AS Black FLag looks better on my pc than my friends PS4 Proud

Only if i want a better experience than that i will get to pay as much as PS4 . Adding in a CPU and some good RAM to the GPU i got , well that would mean exactly 400 euros , i think that's what PS4 costs. Yet i wouldn't have PS4 then , i would have something even better for the same money.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Fri 18 Jul - 16:00:46

CBarca wrote:
Consoles are definitely for the social experience.

I have friends come over to play SSBM; Project M; modded PES and various other older console games as well.
On my PC.

Then there's the online communities of various games which are definitely a lot better than Live or PSN lol

Last edited by Phritz on Fri 18 Jul - 16:34:05; edited 2 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri 18 Jul - 16:09:58

The performance you get from a graphic card is relative to your monitor's resolution, for example at 1366x768 even with a 150$ card like HD 6870 you can max out most of the games.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 18 Jul - 17:13:18

Guess it's a good thing my XBone was given to my as a gift so I honestly haven't spent a penny on it....yet.

I also do happen to have a gaming PC as well. I like the variety and let me walk between both worlds, so to speak.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri 18 Jul - 18:14:14

I've been severely disappointed with the PS4 and Xbox one exclusive line up so far. I mean wtf, did they forget that they need to make games for these things? What the hell are their first party studios doing? They have so many studios each, where are their games? ls whatever plaguing the Last Guardian dev team spreading? Last gen multiplats and games that are better on PC (with free online) is all they've got right now. The only holiday title the ps4 has right now is drive club. Plus lbp3 which is on ps3 anyway.. ( plus I absolutely hate that series but that's an argument for another time) I feel like my ps4 and my brothers x1 are just going to collect dust for the next year and a half because there doesn't look like there is anything interesting coming anytime soon

Right now, WiiU >>>> other consoles in terms of games. Sony and MS need to pick it up fast. I want to play these things but they won't let me. Right now WiiU and PC seems to be the way to go

Last edited by VendettaRed07 on Fri 18 Jul - 18:22:31; edited 1 time in total
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri 18 Jul - 18:17:27

Pedram wrote:The performance you get from a graphic card is relative to your monitor's resolution, for example at 1366x768 even with a 150$ card like HD 6870 you can max out most of the games.

Of course . My monitor , 1980x1080 and my new graphics card simply put work wonders . But once i test lets say 1368x768 , it looks bad in comparison . Poor. You can obviously max the game with a 150e card at this res , but it's not the same quality by any means(what you said basically). If i had like something 40 or more inches my r9 270x wouldn't work nearly the same way.. then again , if you are able and willing to buy a monitor of 32 inches(or above) for gaming , well , you pretty much are able and obviously have to buy a better GPU as well. Anything above 32 inches on a monitor means you will spend more than it's required on gaming . Having said that , after the 1980x1080 the differences are not THAT huge.. It is better beyond doubt , but not huge differences like anything below 1980x1080 in comparison.

Really its similar kind of results , but bigger. But , to be specific and clear. A Big/huge monitor along with the higher ends of GPU available are obviously better at everything , than what i got with the 24/r9 270x . But it's not ... blow your mind away better either . Like 20-30(35%max) percent better i'd say and obviously the larger scale is a great bonus.Also every single game ever made will run smoothly on hours on top of hours of gaming. In the end , only the 4k package IS a HUGE deal , but that's still not yet mainstream , unless you're filthy rich , in which case you dont care about such things at all and just buy the most expensive and big money can buy .  

I am no hardcore gamer but i will play my games alright . I think a 1980x1080 monitor and the card i bought is all pretty cheap(relatively always..) and that will offer back immense quality anyway , at least the same you would get with the PS4 . Not everyone has a huge TV and their PS4 wrapped in. For instance , prev gen , i had the hd 6850 . Simple , nothing high end going by last years standards. Yet i tested the PS3 on the same monitor and it looked JACKSHIT compared to my pc.

I did the same thing with Assassins Creed black flag and the results are already better for the pc. And i dont even have the appropriate CPU yet , still doesnt mata . PC all the way .

But , when it all comes down to it. As long as you have fun when gaming , it's all what matters . It doesn't matter which platform. It can be as simple as which of the 2 you like to control the most , a keyboard-mouse or a controler. Best is what you want it to be when playing , what you are having fun with and makes you comfortable.  

The thing is , if you trully want the best . You get that PC to do things and you're set. I'd also say , you should also think long term .. say , if the ps4 last as long as the ps3 , 8 years , well then . How many games will you buy till then? I'd say the absolute minimum for even the most casual of gamers , not even talking hardcore players here , is an amount of somewhere around 15 games. 8 years , 8 copies of PES/FIFA/NBA/COD/whatevfavseries. Add to that muh ather fav frunchishs like Metal Gear/MassEff/ACreed/whathaveyou e.t.c that pop up at the very least 3-4 times in that era . And finally , the trully exceptional games that will at some point pop up out of nowhere , many titles to bring here , say Batman Arkham games , for a common example. Put that all down and compare their release prices to that of the PC and get mindfoqed caused you spent HUGE CHEESE compared to your friend which got them for the pc really cheaply , or even for free (dont torrent ALL games you C*** ) .

You do the math long term and you will see the difference is HUGE . And when you can get your pc to work the same with less - same money.. it becomes clear what you should do , but sometimes that's not what you want to. Sometimes you just want to sit on the couch and enjoy that fkn Metal gear only ps franchise that no pc foqer will ever get to play on pc. I sure missed that franchise beyond belief and i cant believe i still haven't got my hands on MGS4 or Ground Zeroes and wont even play the new one either. I mean i can play them , but i will never own them , experience them like i did the previous ones.. but one thing is certain , it was worth it for me simply because i enjoyed every other game much more than i would have in the PS. Better quality , cheaper and even free when in doubt / difficulty. I would't change that not even for the Metal Gear Solid series.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri 18 Jul - 20:16:55

Dante wrote:
Pedram wrote:The performance you get from a graphic card is relative to your monitor's resolution, for example at 1366x768 even with a 150$ card like HD 6870 you can max out most of the games.

Of course . My monitor , 1980x1080 and my new graphics card simply put work wonders . But once i test lets say 1368x768 , it looks bad in comparison . Poor. You can obviously max the game with a 150e card at this res , but it's not the same quality by any means(what you said basically). If i had like something 40 or more inches my r9 270x wouldn't work nearly the same way.. then again , if you are able and willing to buy a monitor of 32 inches(or above) for gaming , well , you pretty much are able and obviously have to buy a better GPU as well. Anything above 32 inches on a monitor means you will spend more than it's required on gaming . Having said that , after the 1980x1080 the differences are not THAT huge.. It is better beyond doubt , but not huge differences like anything below 1980x1080 in comparison.

Really its similar kind of results , but bigger. But , to be specific and clear. A Big/huge monitor along with the higher ends of GPU available are obviously better at everything , than what i got with the 24/r9 270x . But it's not ... blow your mind away better either . Like 20-30(35%max) percent better i'd say and obviously the larger scale is a great bonus.Also every single game ever made will run smoothly on hours on top of hours of gaming. In the end , only the 4k package IS a HUGE deal , but that's still not yet mainstream , unless you're filthy rich , in which case you dont care about such things at all and just buy the most expensive and big money can buy .  

I am no hardcore gamer but i will play my games alright . I think a 1980x1080 monitor and the card i bought is all pretty cheap(relatively always..) and that will offer back immense quality anyway , at least the same you would get with the PS4 . Not everyone has a huge TV and their PS4 wrapped in. For instance , prev gen , i had the hd 6850 . Simple , nothing high end going by last years standards. Yet i tested the PS3 on the same monitor and it looked JACKSHIT compared to my pc.

I did the same thing with Assassins Creed black flag and the results are already better for the pc. And i dont even have the appropriate CPU yet , still doesnt mata . PC all the way .

But , when it all comes down to it. As long as you have fun when gaming , it's all what matters . It doesn't matter which platform. It can be as simple as which of the 2 you like to control the most , a keyboard-mouse or a controler. Best is what you want it to be when playing , what you are having fun with and makes you comfortable.  

The thing is , if you trully want the best . You get that PC to do things and you're set. I'd also say , you should also think long term .. say , if the ps4 last as long as the ps3 , 8 years , well then . How many games will you buy till then? I'd say the absolute minimum for even the most casual of gamers , not even talking hardcore players here , is an amount of somewhere around 15 games. 8 years , 8 copies of PES/FIFA/NBA/COD/whatevfavseries. Add to that muh ather fav frunchishs like Metal Gear/MassEff/ACreed/whathaveyou e.t.c that pop up at the very least 3-4 times in that era . And finally , the trully exceptional games that will at some point pop up out of nowhere , many titles to bring here , say Batman Arkham games , for a common example. Put that all down and compare their release prices to that of the PC and get mindfoqed caused you spent HUGE CHEESE compared to your friend which got them for the pc really cheaply , or even for free (dont torrent ALL games you C*** ) .

You do the math long term and you will see the difference is HUGE . And when you can get your pc to work the same with less - same money.. it becomes clear what you should do , but sometimes that's not what you want to. Sometimes you just want to sit on the couch and enjoy that fkn Metal gear only ps franchise that no pc foqer will ever get to play on pc. I sure missed that franchise beyond belief and i cant believe i still haven't got my hands on MGS4 or Ground Zeroes and wont even play the new one either. I mean i can play them , but i will never own them , experience them like i did the previous ones.. but one thing is certain , it was worth it for me simply because i enjoyed every other game much more than i would have in the PS. Better quality , cheaper and even free when in doubt / difficulty. I would't change that not even for the Metal Gear Solid series.

Agreed. i believe at this point buying a PS4 is pointless anyway since there aren't many games out there and the situation won't change until late 2015. aside from that you can easily build a PC for less than 500$ that would beat PS4's hardware.

Speaking of MGS, Kojima confirmed that they will release a PC version of Phantom Pain at some point so it's not all that bleak for PC gamers, the new PS4/XBOX One architecture which are very similar to PC's open way for the developers to release their exclusive games on PC too.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri 18 Jul - 23:02:47

Destiny is so fun :coffee:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat 19 Jul - 2:16:05

Pedram wrote:

Agreed. i believe at this point buying a PS4 is pointless anyway since there aren't many games out there and the situation won't change until late 2015. aside from that you can easily build a PC for less than 500$ that would beat PS4's hardware.

Speaking of MGS, Kojima confirmed that they will release a PC version of Phantom Pain at some point so it's not all that bleak for PC gamers, the new PS4/XBOX One architecture which are very similar to PC's open way for the developers to release their exclusive games on PC too.

You're kidding me. Phantom Pain on PC ??? Best news i've heard all day

#Foqme
#YESSSS

Where is your god now PS4 fan Proud

Jokes aside that's only reasonable and if you ask me , well past time they did something like this. They will simply make more money . Although learning about it made me extremely excited , i still haven't tried MGS4 and Ground Zeroes and i probably won't anytime soon. I would love to see these games come to PC as well one day , like an HD version they did for the PS3 with the older titles. MGS started on PC , Kojima pls Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Mon 24 Nov - 10:02:05

TypeItemPrice
CPUAMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor$89.61 @ Amazon
MotherboardMSI A78M-E45 Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard$37.99 @ Newegg
MemoryG.Skill Ripjaws Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory$39.98 @ OutletPC
StorageSeagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive$48.47 @ OutletPC
Video CardPowerColor Radeon R9 270 2GB TurboDuo Video Card$111.98 @ Newegg
CaseFractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case$25.99 @ Newegg
Power SupplyCorsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply$29.99 @ Newegg
Total$384.01

A gaming PC is now cheaper than a next gen console Laughing
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat 23 May - 17:18:26

We recommend these settings in order to mirror console as closely as possible with the available presets.
V-Sync: On
Resolution: 1920x1080
Nvidia Hairworks: Off
Number of Background Characters: Low (console actually seems lower than this)
Shadow Quality: Medium
Terrain Quality: Medium
Water Quality: High
Grass Density: Medium
Texture Quality: Ultra
Foliage Visibility Range: Medium
Detail Level: Medium
Ambient Occlusion: SSAO

The most surprising part for me is not that the 750Ti outperforming the PS4 but the fact that the PS4 release drops below 30 :/
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum