Lex
S
fatman123
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
82 posters

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 8 Empty Re: Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:20 pm

I love how Barca think they can pick and choose when they should have the transfer ban and in the January window no less a window they aren't remotely interested in. I hope they don't think Fifa are that stupid lmao

From what I have read Real only have a handful of the players (3/4) that could fit into that category and most of them played for other spanish clubs before they came

halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 8 Empty Re: Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:39 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:I love how Barca think they can pick and choose when they should have the transfer ban and in the January window no less a window they aren't remotely interested in. I hope they don't think Fifa are that stupid lmao

From what I have read Real only have a handful of the players (3/4) that could fit into that category and most of them played for other spanish clubs before they came

One of them is the japanese 9 year old that they signed last year, who never played in Spain before Real Madrid signed him..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:47 pm

Barcelona seem to have no hope of escaping punishment for their breach of Fifa regulations, a leading sports lawyer has told Goal.

The Blaugrana were this week handed a two-window transfer ban for having failed to meet the requirements of article 19 of the world governing body's laws regarding the transfer of minors from outside the European Union.

And despite a vehement defence of their practices for promoting education and development at La Masia in an initial club statement, the Catalan outift's failure to present their case to Fifa before the transfers of 10 youngsters leaves them fighting a losing battle legally, according to Ian Lynam, the Head of Sports Law at Charles Russell law firm.

"Their statement doesn't actually deny that they've breached regulation 19 so I don't think their defence is going to be that they are innocent," Lynam told Goal. "It is more likely that they will argue that the sanction is disproportionate and they will try to use the grounds that they have set out as mitigating factors as to why the sanction is too high."

Article 19 was amended in 2010 to include a stipulation that clubs must seek Fifa approval for the transfer of any non-EU player under the age of 18. But Barca are accused of failing to do so ahead of signing 10 youngsters over recent years, and Lynam believes that the club have committed an indisputable breach of the governing body's laws.

"It is no longer enough for Barcelona to prove that the parents of the players were moving for non-footballing rasons," added Lynam. "They also didn't comply with article 19 by going to Fifa and getting approval to sign these young players. Barcelona's defence is how 'we look after these players' but it doesn't matter under the current regime because you have to have gone to Fifa and sought their permission.

"Is it an open and shut case? Yes, I think so. It appears from their statement that they're not actually denying it, so it's just a case of exactly what the sanction should be."

Barcelona's is not the first case brought by Fifa relating to article 19, with Cadiz in 2005 and FC Midtjylland in 2008 having both seen appeals to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) thrown out over the past decade, but Barca's is the first notable breach under the redrawn regulation.

The Catalans have 90 days to lodge an official appeal with Fifa, after which the case would be heard by CAS. The two-window ban against the club would therefore be suspended until a final decision be made.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Beautiful

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 8 Tumblr_llxg59j8gp1qii6tmo1_500
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:50 pm

I would love it if Fifa would investigate Arsenal, as I am certain that they have done stuff like this..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:53 pm

harhar11 wrote:I would love it if Fifa would investigate Arsenal, as I am certain that they have done stuff like this..

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support this?

I cannot for the life of me understand why Barca and RFEF have not been vigilante enough to observe the rules and apply them.

And waving a shitty stick elsewhere won't absolve your club of any wrongdoing. Barca have been caught.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:56 pm

LOL just watched the interview. Barcelona are *bleep*. This preisdent is clueless. Admitted Barcelona brokke rles but says club like Barcelona should be given different treatment. Lets pray your lawyers have more sense rofl

Barca :prouds:

Con artists on and off the field Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:58 pm

The_Badger wrote:
harhar11 wrote:I would love it if Fifa would investigate Arsenal, as I am certain that they have done stuff like this..

Do you have any evidence whatsoever to support this?

I cannot for the life of me understand why Barca and RFEF have not been vigilante enough to observe the rules and apply them.

And waving a shitty stick elsewhere won't absolve your club of any wrongdoing. Barca have been caught.

Well, most team do this kind of things, Real Madrid did the same with that japanese player for example, and I heard that Fifa is investigating 30 spanish and english clubs. And it seemed like something that Arsenal would do. They have been exploiting loopholes to sign underage players for years. Most famous case being Fabregas, who they signed thanks to a loophole..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:00 pm

Fss, just delay this long enough so the ban isn't enforced yet and spend € 200M this summer.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:01 pm

Comparing this to the situation with Fabregas shows a lack of understanding of this issue.

You Barca fans should be battering down Rosell's door for what he has done to your club. Don't blame FIFA or other clubs, he's the creep that has poisoned Barca and turned you into a joke.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 pm

Fußball wrote:Fss, just delay this long enough so the ban isn't enforced yet and spend € 200M this summer.

That's likely to happen though, no? Like when Chelsea had plans in place with their appeal. The ban will be suspended until the appeal is dealt with,

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:03 pm

The_Badger wrote:Comparing this to the situation with Fabregas shows a lack of understanding of this issue.

You Barca fans should be battering down Rosell's door for what he has done to your club. Don't blame FIFA or other clubs, he's the creep that has poisoned Barca and turned you into a joke.

I never said that it was set in stone that they were doing this. All I said was that I have a hunch because Arsenal are quite famous for using loopholes to sign underage players.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:06 pm

Using loopholes, isn't illegal. What Barca have done is.

If you have evidence that might incriminate Arsenal, then get in touch with FIFA and provide them with it.

The useless halfwit *bleep* need all the help they can get upholding their regulations. rofl

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:08 pm

The_Badger wrote:Using loopholes, isn't illegal. What Barca have done is.

If you have evidence that might incriminate Arsenal, then get in touch with FIFA and provide them with it.

The useless halfwit *bleep* need all the help they can get upholding their regulations. rofl

.. Like I said, Fifa are already investigating 30 Spanish and English teams for the exact same thing that they punished Barça for. Now we just have to wait and see.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by antbum Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:22 pm

Well, I can't say Bartomeu is a step up from Rossell. As has been noted already, he basically admits they've ignored the FIFA article, yet wonders why they aren't given preferential treatment, plus more than hinting that this is all about a conspiracy to take Barça down. That's the danger of the "més que un club" ideology that has evolved into what it is today (that football clubs with distinct philosophy all over the world subscribe to to some extent) – everything becomes an attack against their ideology, even when the club is in the wrong. There's just no way to win it with such rhetoric.

I'm not saying they're the only club in the world who have been doing this, but so far they are the most high profile that have been caught. Time will tell which other teams will be found guilty, but this is most certainly not a time for the club president to play the conspiracy card. This makes him sound far removed from reality, and only furthers dissent within and outside the club. If it's their image as a club they're worried about, pointing the finger instead of looking in the mirror certainly doesn't help.

As for the likely transfer ban, Barça truly have to live with their mistake of not fixing their defensive line earlier.

Last edited by antbum on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

antbum
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:24 pm

harhar11 wrote:

.. Like I said, Fifa are already investigating 30 Spanish and English teams for the exact same thing that they punished Barça for. Now we just have to wait and see.

theyre not going to ban all of them, that would be too much

theyre probably just done w/ barca

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:35 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

theyre not going to ban all of them, that would be too much

theyre probably just done w/ barca

Probably..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Bartomeu: Enemies are trying to destroy us by infiltrating this to Fifa (indirectly insinuating Real Madrid like he did with the Neymar scandal)

Stay safe Bartomeu and Barca they clearly suffer from madridtitis
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:35 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Bartomeu: Enemies are trying to destroy us by infiltrating this to Fifa (indirectly insinuating Real Madrid like he did with the Neymar scandal)

Madrid :bow:Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:38 pm

If we go down; the Evil must go down with us. Instead of banning the Evil from any transfer windows, they should get a ban from selling cr7 for the next 10 years. la decima is a long way then. visca catalunya
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Not since Love's Labour's Won and Cardenio have I seen so many plots lost
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Bartomeu wrote:"We agree with the regulations, what we want is for clubs like Barca to be an exception," Bartomeu said. "The [punishment is] against a model of 35 years which is the essence of our club, an exemplary model which has been praised by FIFA. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi... we look after the kids, their education. Maybe in their country they would not receive this education. In our youth system we have 230 children from 18 different countries, 40 of these are not Spanish. The message is that you cannot touch La Masia."

When you say shit like this, you are not making a proper case for yourself. In fact, the cheese would stand alone on this one.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaestroFavre Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:59 pm

rwo power wrote:Hm... Wasn't there some Dutch club who signed a 2-year old wonderkid? XD (This might be exempt of course as the kid was Dutch, too, IIRC)

I'm not sure about a Dutch club but last December it was reported that a Belgian club did sign a 20-month-old kid if that's what you are referring to.

It's been a bit of a difficult season for Barca this year.

I'm genuinely interested in seeing how this case will go .
MaestroFavre
MaestroFavre
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Villarreal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:03 pm

Bartomeu wrote:"We agree with the regulations, what we want is for clubs like Barca to be an exception," Bartomeu said. "The [punishment is] against a model of 35 years which is the essence of our club, an exemplary model which has been praised by FIFA. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi... we look after the kids, their education. Maybe in their country they would not receive this education. In our youth system we have 230 children from 18 different countries, 40 of these are not Spanish. The message is that you cannot touch La Masia."

Typical Barca- Arrogant as ever. You hear the same type of shit when Barca loses "we deserved to win the game"- special privilege for their club Laughing

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:36 pm

You are certain? Do you have proof? Right, you don't. So instead of talking shit about other clubs like you have been, why don't you just face the facts Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Bartomeu :bow:
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum