Lex
S
fatman123
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
82 posters

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:41 pm

The_Badger wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Chelsea fans forget that they are only were they are due to the ill-gotten gains of their owner who had people murdered to make his fortune.
Ignoring how selectively inaccurate this is, what the bloody f**k does it have to do with this topic? rofl

Always bitter gtfoh!

What's inaccurate?

I suggest you do some research into how your owner acquired his wealth. Maybe read/watch some of John Sweeney's investigations into him for example.

It's fine Chelsea "fans" lording it over some club being bent, but people would consider signing under 18s to be less a crime than what Abramovich has been involved in.

People in glass houses...
Shut up.

I'm 100% aware of how he got his riches and while its very dodgy, I'm also aware that he didn't kill anyone to get them. No surprise you've somehow(once again) turned this into an anti-Chelsea campaign. Its almost as if you're obsessed. Slow down, will you?

I'm not even sure how or why that even relates to THIS topic in any way, shape or form. Grabbing apples(actually, pineapples) and continually throwing it in a basket of oranges.

Its already derailing this thread(something you seem to be really good at) so I won't indulge in this anymore.

On with the topic.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 5 Empty Re: Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:43 pm

farfan wrote:puyol and valdes to stay ?
nah I think they're allowed to sell, just can't buy.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:46 pm

It'll probably be lifted, or at least reduced to just one window.

If it isn't, Valdes will stay on and Barca will spend heavily this summer.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Think Valdes will stay either way. Not sure anyone would want to sign an injured Valdes.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:The reason the ruling got overturned in appeal was that, since the pre-contract had no legal effect, nothing wrong had been done yet from a rules standpoint.  So the suspension was overturned. since nothing had been broken yet.  It's like intending to rob a bank but not robbing it yet.  You can't go to jail unless you actually rob the bank Laughing
Wrong, but everything else is spot on. You can still go to jail for attempting to rob a bank
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:57 pm

gb wrote:
sportsczy wrote:The reason the ruling got overturned in appeal was that, since the pre-contract had no legal effect, nothing wrong had been done yet from a rules standpoint.  So the suspension was overturned. since nothing had been broken yet.  It's like intending to rob a bank but not robbing it yet.  You can't go to jail unless you actually rob the bank Laughing
Wrong, but everything else is spot on. You can still go to jail for attempting to rob a bank
lol, I guess attempted theft never crossed his mind
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:59 pm

Does anyone actually know if they are banned with immediate effect or is it winter window and summer 15 like Balague said?

I don't trust Balague so would like that to be backed up with more trustworthy sources Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Does anyone actually know if they are banned with immediate effect or is it winter window and summer 15 like Balague said?

I don't trust Balague so would like that to be backed up with more trustworthy sources Laughing
Waiting for this too.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

News just broke today. We'll no more in the upcoming days as to whether the ban has immediate effect, but I sure hope that it does because I'm tired of all these rumours linking Benatia and Pjanic to Barca Laughing 
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Forza wrote:
gb wrote:
Attempted theft means you attempted it. Writing down on a piece of paper "i want to go rob a bank" won't get you thrown in jail. There has to be an illegal act for you to be charged with doing an illegal act..
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Does anyone actually know if they are banned with immediate effect or is it winter window and summer 15 like Balague said?

Every report I've read says the next two, that would imply summer 2014 and January 2015.

Ballbag must be confused, unless he has other info not made public.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2313003/index.html

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Forza wrote:
gb wrote:
 Attempted theft means you attempted it.  Writing down on a piece of paper "i want to go rob a bank" won't get you thrown in jail.  There has to be an illegal act for you to be charged with doing an illegal act..
bro, stahp
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Forza wrote:
gb wrote:
 Attempted theft means you attempted it.  Writing down on a piece of paper "i want to go rob a bank" won't get you thrown in jail.  There has to be an illegal act for you to be charged with doing an illegal act..

What are you going on about? scratch 

Devising a plan to rob a bank is still a crime and still punishable with prison.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm

The_Badger wrote:

Every report I've read says the next two, that would imply summer 2014 and January 2015.

Ballbag must be confused, unless he has other info not made public.

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/organisation/news/newsid=2313003/index.html

Cheers.

Valdes is about to be made the richest GK ever Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 pm

well this certainly narrows the market down, Moysie might have a shot at signing a warm body this summer
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

B-Mac wrote:well this certainly narrows the market down, Moysie might have a shot at signing a warm body this summer

We are rarely that active anyway. it's not like we are lobbying for a TON of players away from other clubs in the summer and we never make moves in the winter anyway. We usually just make one big move and sell every summer. Rafinha to step in to rotate with Xavi and Deolofeu will be back.

But if Valdes leaves, we are screwed
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:16 pm

dude... i'm american and i actually had to deal with something like this. I wanted someone prosecuted for planning on breaking into one of our construction sites to steal stuff. But all i have was en email that said they were thinking about doing it. When i went to the police with the email, they told me to fire the guy but that they couldn't do anything since thinking about breaking a law doesn't constitute breaking the law... unless we're talking about crazy things like murder, national security or something where it is against the law to plan for it (really specific things). They sent me off lol. Talked to an attorney and he said the same. Robbing a bank is probably one of those things you can't even plan for... so bad example.

With contracts... it's the same thing. Unless it's legally binding and/or consideration has been given and/or there's a specific law that says it's illegal to enter into pre-contracts... there's nothing wrong from a rules standpoint. Now, you can go to civil court and argue all sorts of things and try to get money for it. That's a separate issue.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Nothing surprises me about this disgraceful club anymore.. They probably run a drug cartel and human trafficking ring also

Disgusting
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by gb Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 pm

Isn't Bojan coming back from loan anyways?
gb
gb
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:17 pm

From what I've read, deals that have already been made like MTS and that Croatian kid can go through
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:19 pm

This isnt unprecedented

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Sion#Transfer_ban_saga

Also Barca will be given 90 days to appeal and will have a protracted legal battle as well it seems. So should be able to sign players this summer even in the worst case CAS uphelds the ban
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:23 pm

sportsczy, conspiracy to commit robbery is still a crime and still can be punishable by imprisonment.

FFS! Give it up, man.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Limpakulli Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:28 pm

Its a crime only when someone yaps about it.

Limpakulli
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Great news to wake up to Proud

Mes que un club
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:37 pm

McAgger wrote:Great news to wake up to Proud

Mes que un club

this again...

Do people actually know why they use "Mes que un club"?

In case you don't know it has nothing to do with how Barca are today, but with the fact that Camp nou used to be the only place where Catalan's used to be able to speak their language..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:40 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:Nothing surprises me about this disgraceful club anymore.. They probably run a drug cartel and human trafficking ring also

Disgusting
Think it has more to do with Russell the man rather than Barcelona the club tbh.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next