Lex
S
fatman123
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
82 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 9 Empty Re: Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA

Post by Khaled Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Bartomeu :bow:

Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA - Page 9 Empty Re: Barcelona given 2 transfer periods transfer ban by FIFA

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:25 pm

So Bartomeu is even more idiot than Rosell.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Bart's mad that illegal activities were unveiled to the proper authorities rofl

So, kids, next time you see a chav shanking a sweet, old lady for her purse on the street, do NOT alert the cops
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:45 pm

Self-righteous attitude coming from Barca management, they act like they own football or something, producing footballers like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi from La Masia doesn't give you a free pass to break the rules.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:16 pm

Is Barcelona the only European club that have in their academy players U-18 from outside of Europe?

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Pretty sure they're the only ones with 10 U-18's from outside Europe

Next
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:30 pm

Barca fans need to be directing their anger towards those within the club that have tarnished and smeared the club's image.

Don't blame FIFA or Real Madrid.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:36 pm

Doc wrote:
Bartomeu wrote:"We agree with the regulations, what we want is for clubs like Barca to be an exception," Bartomeu said. "The [punishment is] against a model of 35 years which is the essence of our club, an exemplary model which has been praised by FIFA. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi... we look after the kids, their education. Maybe in their country they would not receive this education. In our youth system we have 230 children from 18 different countries, 40 of these are not Spanish. The message is that you cannot touch La Masia."

When you say shit like this, you are not making a proper case for yourself. In fact, the cheese would stand alone on this one.
This is really shameful. I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve with these statements scratch
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:42 pm

The board made a big mistake by letting the case reach this stage were Barcelona gets banned and its all over the media which destroys the image of the club.

But, I do agree with the board that these kind of laws which treat all cases the same should be changed. It should be taken case by case... The GOAL of the law is to protect minors. So, how did Barcelona do anything wrong when they are offering these kids and their parents a better life and an opportunity to achieve their dreams?

Stupid board, Stupid law!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Khaled wrote:The board made a big mistake by letting the case reach this stage were Barcelona gets banned and its all over the media which destroys the image of the club.

But, I do agree with the board that these kind of laws which treat all cases the same should be changed. It should be taken case by case... The GOAL of the law is to protect minors. So, how did Barcelona do anything wrong when they are offering these kids and their parents a better life and an opportunity to achieve their dreams?

So basically you're saying, along with your president, because you're such a great club and all you should be exempt from having to follow rules.
You do realize how utterly ridiculous that argument is?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:37 pm

we shouldn't follow normal rules because we are barcelona

Barca and there fans are made for each other rofl
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:48 pm

Khaled wrote:The board made a big mistake by letting the case reach this stage were Barcelona gets banned and its all over the media which destroys the image of the club.

Yeah, and what about the millions of kids who got overlooked by barca? Stop with the humanity argument please

It doesn't matter if you "like" the rules. You break them, there's consequences.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:05 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:
Doc wrote:
Bartomeu wrote:"We agree with the regulations, what we want is for clubs like Barca to be an exception," Bartomeu said. "The [punishment is] against a model of 35 years which is the essence of our club, an exemplary model which has been praised by FIFA. Xavi, Iniesta, Messi... we look after the kids, their education. Maybe in their country they would not receive this education. In our youth system we have 230 children from 18 different countries, 40 of these are not Spanish. The message is that you cannot touch La Masia."

When you say shit like this, you are not making a proper case for yourself. In fact, the cheese would stand alone on this one.
This is really shameful. I'm not sure what he was trying to achieve with these statements scratch

Translate: "I'm big, you can't touch me".
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:07 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

Yeah, and what about the millions of kids who got overlooked by barca? Stop with the humanity argument please
What Khaled means is the kids that go to La Masia get free schooling, housing, food, and footballing opportunity.
not about who makes it into the first 11.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 pm

I think I'm just going to wait until FIFA does this to other clubs to say anything. Then again, I guess the other clubs are getting a head start on trying to fix this before FIFA comes after them, seeing as Barca is being punished before anyone else.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:43 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:

It doesn't matter if you "like" the rules. You break them, there's consequences.

That's what aunt Gertrude and uncle Generalfeldmarschall Hermann said in 1933.

Pepe Reina: "I'll always be grateful to Barça for forming me, first as person, then as player. Their academy is the best in the world." [oc]

You tell 'em, Pepe. Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:06 pm

omg, everyone from barca's lawyers to PR team should be fired. Cant believe they let him say this  :facepalm:

time to hire Harvey Specter to clean this mess
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:13 am

This Bartomeu bloke is surpassing Rossel already Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:27 am

CBarca wrote:I think I'm just going to wait until FIFA does this to other clubs to say anything. Then again, I guess the other clubs are getting a head start on trying to fix this before FIFA comes after them, seeing as Barca is being punished before anyone else.

Barca were warned last year if I am not mistaken and they ignored the warning hence this ban
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 am

Real Madrid vice-president Pedro Lopez Jimenez has stressed that the Santiago Bernabeu side did not play any role in Fifa's decision to hand Barcelona a ban for the next two transfer windows.

The reigning La Liga champions were sanctioned by world football's governing body over the breach of regulations relating to the acquisition and registration of foreign players under the age of 18.

Barca president Josep Bartomeu revealed on Thursday that Fifa opened an investigation into the Catalans' transfer policy for youth players after an "anonymous complaint" from an "unnamed club", fuelling speculation that Madrid were somehow involved in the sanction.

Nevertheless, Jimenez has made it clear that the capital club are not behind their arch-rivals' sanction.

"Neither Real Madrid, nor myself as a member of Fifa, have anything to do with the sanction that's been handed to Barcelona," Jimenez told AS.

"My membership of the Players' Status Committee is unrelated to Florentino Perez and Madrid. My appointment was a proposal of the European Club Association (ECA), of which Barcelona are a member, too.

"In neither of the two meetings that I attended did we discuss a sanction for Barcelona.

"I want to make it clear that the Players' Status Committee does not have the power to hand out any sanctions. All we do is study the documents that we receive. I have nothing to do with Barcelona's sanction."

Barcelona announced on Thursday that they will appeal their ban.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:13 am

Why do we even give them the time of day

The North Korea of football, paranoia is sweeping through that club like a bug
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:32 am

wow, that press conference by Bartomeu has to be the most reckless, damaging, outrageous public behaviour a club representative could possibly perform in such a serious situation, where much is at stake for the club.

He's going public stating 'we, Barca, are not comparable to other clubs as we're so great, and therefore we don't think we should have to adhere to the rules (which we support for everyone else). This is also what we made repeatedly clear to FIFA, and we're angry they didn't agree.'

Jesus. The guy actually publicly said he considers Barca above the law, and to suggest otherwise would be to victimize them.
I was pretty impartial about this, but seeing that guy actually makes me hope they get punished severely, that is just staggering arrogance.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:58 am

lot of whining and Martyr complex from barcelona fans .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:06 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
CBarca wrote:I think I'm just going to wait until FIFA does this to other clubs to say anything. Then again, I guess the other clubs are getting a head start on trying to fix this before FIFA comes after them, seeing as Barca is being punished before anyone else.

Barca were warned last year if I am not mistaken and they ignored the warning hence this ban

What Bartomeu said indeed sounds like there was communication about this with FIFA, but instead of Barca trying to change their behaviour and comply with the rules they were instead trying to persuade FIFA that they shouldn't have to follow them in the first place.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:30 am

Lex wrote:Pretty sure they're the only ones with 10 U-18's from outside Europe

Next

You really think so? From the top of my head, Real Madrid signed a 9 year old japanese boy last year and atletico has 2 brothers that they call the obamas, who are both underage and from africa.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:32 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:

What Bartomeu said indeed sounds like there was communication about this with FIFA, but instead of Barca trying to change their behaviour and comply with the rules they were instead trying to persuade FIFA that they shouldn't have to follow them in the first place.

Bart also said that when Fifa comunicated with them regarding the players, they stopped playing official games with them..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next