The BoyWonder
Patrick Bateman
JuvenelCuore
Kick
awalezelin
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

do you realize........ - Page 3 Empty Re: do you realize........

Post by awalezelin Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:48 am

Guiltybystander wrote:
drakefyre wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Again, everyone ignores the fact that these Dutch players you guys all mention were already heroes before they left the Netherlands (the Ajax ones that is). Hardly any are the products of foreign clubs (small transfers, made it big abroad).

Hell, many of them even won CLs with Ajax already,

The point being?

The OP says the thread is abt players who were legends with foreign clubs .
Whether they were already legends at other clubs seems irrelevant .

Players like Riquelme , mentioned in the OP, was already a Boca legend before he moved to Spain.

Then what is the point of this thread? All great players born in countries outside of the big European leagues (i.e. Germany, Spain, England, Italy) will very likely play abroad at some point in their careers to play in the big four. That isn't exactly a revelation, now is it?

I believe his point was, that these players all acquired their legend status abroad; when thinking of their careers, you think of their time at a foreign club. Di Stefano is a legend for Real Madrid, no Argentinean home club springs to mind. However, when you think of the great Dutch legends, you invariably think of Ajax, which was my point (if they played for Ajax that is).

i agree with you

all argentinian legendary player that i have mentioned earlier, have created a legendary status at their club at that time

not a legendary player that had just played at that club only

awalezelin
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
drakefyre wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:Again, everyone ignores the fact that these Dutch players you guys all mention were already heroes before they left the Netherlands (the Ajax ones that is). Hardly any are the products of foreign clubs (small transfers, made it big abroad).

The point being?

Players like Riquelme , mentioned in the OP, was already a Boca legend before he moved to Spain.

Then what is the point of this thread? All great players born in countries outside of the big European leagues (i.e. Germany, Spain, England, Italy) will very likely play abroad at some point in their careers to play in the big four. That isn't exactly a revelation, now is it?

I believe his point was, that these players all acquired their legend status abroad; when thinking of their careers, you think of their time at a foreign club. Di Stefano is a legend for Real Madrid, no Argentinean home club springs to mind. However, when you think of the great Dutch legends, you invariably think of Ajax, which was my point (if they played for Ajax that is).

On that note , lets have a look at the players in the OP again.

di stefano - already a legend at Millonarios and River before he came to Real . But I agree , since people dont know who/what a Millonarios is ,and dont really care for River, he is best remembered for his time at Real Razz

redondo - real madrid - agree

kempes - valencia - again his leagacy started with Rosario Central

ayala - valencia - He moved to Valencia in 2000 , and he wasn't exactly unknown before that . I do kinda agree , Valencia is where he made his leagacy.

maradona - napoli - Mardaona was already considered the best in the business when Napoli bought him for a then record transfer fee .His leagacy , is with the Aregentine NT.

batistuta - fiorentina - agree

riquelme - villarreal - yea , rt . I believe I already addressed this one.

tevez - corinthians, west ham, manchester city - again his legacy(?) started at Boca . He was South America's biggest transfer at the time when he moved from Boca to Corinthians.

messi - barcelona - this one I whole-heartedly agree with . I there was no Barca , there's be no Messi .
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by drakefyre Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:01 pm

awalezelin wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
drakefyre wrote:

The point being?

i agree with you

all argentinian legendary player that i have mentioned earlier, have created a legendary status at their club at that time

not a legendary player that had just played at that club only

I believe all Dutch players I mentioned , were legends at the foreign clubs mentioned . Not just legendary players who played for foreign clubs.
drakefyre
drakefyre
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 pm

awalezelin wrote:
awalezelin wrote:do you realize that many argentinian had became legendary hero to the club outside argentina

for example

di stefano - real madrid
redondo - real madrid

kempes - valencia
ayala - valencia

maradona - napoli

batistuta - fiorentina

riquelme - villarreal

tevez - corinthians, west ham, manchester city

messi - barcelona

my main intention in this thread is to show the legendary player that if you take him out from that club, would it be the same?

my answer is "no"

So are the players on my list...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3