BusterLfc
Nishankly
DeletedUser#1
Art Morte
McAgger
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

South-East London Bald Eagle Pulis vs. Your 2013-14 Premier League Champions - Page 2 Empty Re: South-East London Bald Eagle Pulis vs. Your 2013-14 Premier League Champions

Post by sportsczy Mon May 05, 2014 3:07 pm

Great season for Liverpool anyhow. Great brand of football and results to go alongside it... congrats to you guys. You may not have won the EPL. But as long as management is smart, you're not far off. Basically need to bolster the midfield, get another good CB and a fullback. With CL, probably need to sign 4-5 good players to compete. It's doable.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

South-East London Bald Eagle Pulis vs. Your 2013-14 Premier League Champions - Page 2 Empty Re: South-East London Bald Eagle Pulis vs. Your 2013-14 Premier League Champions

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 05, 2014 3:08 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:fahim, you bright poster of our bright section Proud
we need to chill down, I am hurt too but we have learned a lot of lessons in this season. BR always learns by his mistakes and we will put a massive season next year

I have no doubt about our coming seasons but this from Johnson and co. was unbearable mate!!!  Sad 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Suarez, in spite of scoring, should have buried one of his two great chances, the rebound off the post after Daniel's shot or the one where Sterling set him up brilliantly. Speaking of Sterling, his passing was phenomenal tonight, this guy is playing at a ridiculous level for a 19-yo.

Johnson was too casual (again) and it punished us in defence. Skrtel made a bad error of judgement in the equaliser, although Johnson, again, should have been much closer to him since there were two Palace players left for Skrtel to mark.

Lucas's jogging & walking was, again, irritating to watch whenever we had the ball. He doesn't make any space at all for himself, he only gets space when the opposition players leave him be, lol.

Sakho needs to gain some composure, in defence but also in attack. That free header of his a few yards out in the 1st half and he doesn't even hit the target.

Very poor of us to blow a three goal lead anyway. We'll see if this changes anything in the end, now Villa or West Ham need to win at the Etihad.

I was feeling flat going into this game and I'm feeling even flatter now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 pm

https://i.servimg.com/u/f43/16/93/79/64/37329810.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 05, 2014 3:21 pm

Still feels like a straight punch through my solar plexus. The conundrum presents itself whether its best to lose in this fashion or in the final day rooting vs Fat Sam's team vs City, either way it would be devastating. Yet to lose a THREE GOAL lead to a lower-mid table club is absolutely unforgivable as Rodger's lack of reaction, Skrtel being Skrtel and Glen Johnson supernaturally combining his bird brain positioning along with disgusting attitude to defend is what heightens the sense of pain even more.

I promised myself that I would be completely content with a 4th spot and negligent of whether we win the PL or not (like what McLewis does) yet we've come so far and now blow it in the most catastrophic fashion possible.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Worth mentioning, btw, that Allen got his first PL goal for us. A header, too, which is funny, I guess. Surprised that he didn't really even celebrate it hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon May 05, 2014 3:24 pm

the jinx of this thread title IS TO DAMN HIGH

rofl Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 05, 2014 3:32 pm

rofl
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon May 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Funny when the ones below us come to party!!

rofl rofl rofl 

Thanks for cheering us up guys! That was funny!!! rofl rofl 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon May 05, 2014 3:47 pm

Are these guys new here?

Anyways, New defense and we are set.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 05, 2014 3:52 pm

I'm happy with our CBs, I mean, what guarantee would we have that a new CB would perform better than Skrtel, Sakho and Agger? We just last summer spent £17m on a new CB.

Johnson, he at least needs serious competition for his place. Enrique, depends what his form will be (and is he actually going to be finally fit to play).
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Mad game.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 05, 2014 3:57 pm

The absolute lull at all of your bitter clowns if City lose a game now.

I'd destroy all of you in order. Their man source of joy in life is schadenfreude ffs...pathetic scumbags

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 05, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm pretty sure Crystal Palace faced Liverpool today, not Manchester City https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/86/lulcas11.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon May 05, 2014 4:56 pm

M99 wrote:I'm pretty sure Crystal Palace faced Liverpool today, not Manchester City https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/86/lulcas11.gif

What's with the WSW badge?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon May 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Ignore the trolls and posters so absolutely disillusioned and disappointed with their own clubs' showings that they must resort to such pathetic attempts at schadenfreude. Keep in mind that while we've been entertained and exhilarated by one of the most improbably and fantastic title challenges in years they have had to put up with dross football and dour managers.

Revel in what Rodgers and Liverpool have achieved, don't be dragged down to their level.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon May 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm happy with our CBs, I mean, what guarantee would we have that a new CB would perform better than Skrtel, Sakho and Agger? We just last summer spent £17m on a new CB.

Johnson, he at least needs serious competition for his place. Enrique, depends what his form will be (and is he actually going to be finally fit to play).
Poor logic there art. There is no thing as guarantee in transfers unless the player is world class . What guarantee we had when we signed Varane? turned out to be by far our best CB. When AC milan signed Silva from Brazil? ...nothing.

Fact is your current CB's and fullbacks are not good enough for Liverpool's title aspirations. It is there to see. Skertel despite his scoring is very much error prone. Glen Johnson cant defend , Agger has declined and Sakho is still very very raw atm.. You does need better defenders.

Couple of defenders and one midfielder, Liverpool are set for next season.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon May 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Incredibly frustrating.Whatever the excuses blowing a 3 goal lead is pathetic that too against a bottom half team.

Johnson needs to be shown the door.We need two good full backs next season.Not sure about CB.We also have Ilori to return and one would expect Sakho to be better next season.

It is frustrating to come this close and miss out on the league but in reality great season in years .

From where we were last season and the expectations we had when season started this season has been wonderful achievement .Hopefully this experience helps us in good stead next season .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon May 05, 2014 7:57 pm

RedOranje wrote:Ignore the trolls and posters so absolutely disillusioned and disappointed with their own clubs' showings that they must resort to such pathetic attempts at schadenfreude.  Keep in mind that while we've been entertained and exhilarated by one of the most improbably and fantastic title challenges in years they have had to put up with dross football and dour managers.  

Revel in what Rodgers and Liverpool have achieved, don't be dragged down to their level.

Great post. Let's be thankful for what we have, and doff our caps to the very impressive Man City section on this board. All those City fans spent far more years suffering than LFC could imagine before winning just a few years ago, and there are so many of them here you just have to show respect. You can see it in the GS now, extensive celebrations from all of them. Pay your respects, don't feed the trolls, be respectful and say congratulations. They deserve it.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Very Happy Smile Laughing Razz Twisted Evil Wink pirat tongue bounce cheers drunken Thumbs up drinking banana eco smile Heart rofl :wub: 

(Please pray for my sanity)
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon May 05, 2014 8:30 pm

RedOranje & Stevieg8  Thumbs up :bow: 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon May 05, 2014 9:04 pm

I mean, I must not have been paying very close attention, because up until a week or so ago I was pretty sure Man City's support on this board was miniscule - virtually non-existent even. But all the celebration from people wouldn't make sense if their teams were finishing below ours despite spending substantially more than us, so I assume there must be more Man City fans than I had previously noticed.

Either that, or my earlier hypothesis that Chelsea/Arsenal/ManU jointly won the title together and are splitting it three ways is true.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon May 05, 2014 9:12 pm

The fact that we're hated now, just shows how much fear we strike into others.

I mean, just look at Man U. They lost this weekend, and half people didn't even know they were playing ! the fact that Gunners/Chavs/Mancs now see our failure to win the league (Still not gone mind you) as the highlight of their season, shows you all you need to know.

Onwards and upwards. We'll learn from this and we'll grow. Our team is very young, with a bright future with great ownership and a wonderful young manager. Cheer up everyone.

Last season Benfica were on brink of a historic treble. They lost the league to a last minute goal to their most hated rivals, lost to Europa League final to Chelsea to a last minute goal despite dominating all game. They also then lost the cup final to a miserable team after being up 1-0 with 15 minutes to go. Imagine how heart breaking it must have been. What did they do? They pulled themselves together and wanted it even more. They are now a win vs Sevilla away from their treble. keep believing !

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:The fact that we're hated now, just shows how much fear we strike into others.

I mean, just look at Man U. They lost this weekend, and half people didn't even know they were playing ! the fact that Gunners/Chavs/Mancs now see our failure to win the league (Still not gone mind you) as the highlight of their season, shows you all you need to know.

Onwards and upwards. We'll learn from this and we'll grow. Our team is very young, with a bright future with great ownership and a wonderful young manager. Cheer up everyone.

Last season Benfica were on brink of a historic treble. They lost the league to a last minute goal to their most hated rivals, lost to Europa League final to Chelsea to a last minute goal despite dominating all game. They also then lost the cup final to a miserable team after being up 1-0 with 15 minutes to go. Imagine how heart breaking it must have been. What did they do? They pulled themselves together and wanted it even more. They are now a win vs Sevilla away from their treble. keep believing !

quadruple

they are still in it in both the Portuguese Cup and their equivalent of the COC.

Would be nice if this turns into a quadruple, eh?  Wink 

But I'm not giving up on this season just yet. I've gotten all of my sorrow and pain out from this match. Back to dreaming and believing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Mon May 05, 2014 9:18 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Sepi, great post. This has been and continues to be an incredible year, as I've said numerous times over the last 6 months. 11 straight wins to even be in this conversation, and going from 7th to 2 points off the top is stunning. Sunday afternoon, wherever we stand, I'll be very happy.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 05, 2014 10:43 pm

Glad to see the section leaders in Sepi, Stevie and Red provide a fresh light to the abomination that was yesterday.

Brendan Rodgers can learn from Jorge Jesus, who in 3 different stages was unfortunate by some last gasp instances and (literally) brought to his knees. Recovery from that inertia is devastatingly difficult not only for a manager yet to the squad who collectively have faced such incident together.

There is absolutely no excuse for yesterday, it was a chokejob and poor attitude plain and simple.

Things we learned are:

-Skrtel has his severe limits and while useful, must be complimented with a better CB who can actually read the game.

-Skrtel-Sakho is our worst partnership considering we have only 1 clean sheet between 18 games and this particular partnership only seems to focus on physical challenges and box presence yet no anticipation or awareness. Our CBs combinations bar Skrtel-Agger do not compliment each other.

-Johnson is shit. End of. Sell him.

-Lucas in his poor form is severely limited as a player and does not seem to be taking his role seriously outside his smiles and composure. I yearn for the old Lucas back who will actually screen the defence and help Gerrard rather than task him in a dual-sided role. Lucas needs to step it up or be benched.

-Allen goal aside is very much improving.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum