The_Badger
chad4401
Zealous
Lex
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 3 Empty Re: Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year

Post by Ion Creanga Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 pm

more fuel on this:

Conte: “The team that least deserved it went through.”
“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”

Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 3 Empty Re: Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

Pathetic stuff, karma is a btch. No wonder he left the pitch like a thief

Though to be fair, he was far and away their best player in both ties along with Lichtsteiner.
It doesnt matter. did he win the tie all by himself then?no. Arrogance like that wins you nothing, if pirlo is the team leader and thinks like that, then that;s the message that they are taking benfica from above

so glad they lost, after losing to copenhagen and gala u think they would have learnt

Mate it will start from the inception of Conte and Agnelli's attitude towards the Europa League in which their apathy has quite obviously transmitted to their players while Benfica's admirable stance has been the reason behind their European success.

Many moments whether it be vs Fiorentina or Lyon or even tonight in which they never left 2nd gear and did not show any indication of getting past that.

Sportscy wrote:I don't think Juventus are flops... i think that Serie A is in a downcycle and Juve gets overrated based on its Serie A performance.

Also, i don't like a 352 for this reason mostly... the most important players in that system are the wingbacks: Asamoah and Lichsteiner. If teams play narrow against Juve, they are the key to making the attack work. But those guys are in no way the better players on the team. Why would you play a system that doesn't emphasize the best players?

Second... Llorente is a statue and Tevez doesn't know how to make runs. You have two tier 2 strikers. Why do you think they're going to be able to carry the entire attacking load by themselves?

For these reasons, it stuns me that Juve haven't switched to a 433. They need the extra forward and the also need to emphasize their best players.

I'll add that Bonnucci has been very poor this year, so there's no need to force 3 CBs on the pitch.

3-4 other Serie A teams would do better in the Europa league provided they bring the correct attitude. They would in all likeness succeed more not because they are better, but they employ tactics that can be used on both fronts of competitions rather than Juventus' so sensationally prioritizing the Serie A in sacrifice.

The difference between when they played any formation different to 3-1-4-2 in Europe was no coincidence yet Conte in his square peg in round hole thinking won't accept that. The forwards? Not a single forward will succeed in this system considering the gap between the midfield and attack to which have Juventus relying on the midfield or Pirlo's FKs so score their goals, while the flanks once at the byline seem to be the only ones providing the forwards to score.

Even in Serie A this problem has been highly apparent yet falling on deaf ears due to Conte's more grinding play of late.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Until we invest on wingers and switch up the system we've hit our peak. Some years we'd make the 1/8 of the CL, other times our lack of unpredictability will cost us dearly.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:more fuel on this:

“What didn’t work was that we didn’t get that incident going our way. It’s a shame, as these games are right on the limit, Benfica obstructed us at every turn and the referee allowed them to do it.

“He gave six minutes of stoppages when we were already three in without playing, so it took us for a ride,” said Conte of English referee Mark Clattenburg.

“It’s a shame, as with two shots on target over two legs Benfica went through. Over the two games Juventus certainly deserved to go through.

“I think Juventus gave all they had. It is an exciting, but also very exhausting season, because for the first time we’ve reached the final stages of European competition.

“I don’t think we saw a team struggling to stay on its feet tonight. They ran from the first to the 95th minute. It was a strong performance, we didn’t get the lucky moment we needed to change the game, so in that sense Benfica were more fortunate.

“It was a real pity, as in the first leg there was a red card and penalty for the elbow on Chiellini, while tonight there was an obvious penalty not given. The team that least deserved it went through.

“You just have to look at the statistics. Benfica had two shots on target over two legs. That was it. They have international experience and showed it tonight, as down to 10 men they stopped us playing and I am truly disappointed the referee allowed them to get away with that.”
good fckin lord :facepalm:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 10:54 pm

Typical *bleep* Conte whining like a little girl at the park. Grow up Conte. Juve *bleep* up.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 10:55 pm

I never thought you'd ever say that other Serie A teams would do better in Europa Arqi Laughing When's the last time a Serie A team got to the Europa semis? I can't even remember. Teams from Italy (and every other better league other than Portugal and Spain) don't give a rat's arse about Europa. As a result, they play the C team early and get knocked out early as a rule...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu May 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Rooted for Juve today for the good of Serie A....this game was there for the taking tbh and they fluffed their lines so often it was hard to watch at times.

What I think people are forgetting is how fantastic Benfica were defensively though. Luisao and Garay have been colossal back there. Ruben Amorin also had an excellent game in midfield too. Even Markovic was tracking back. Disciplined and organized. Jorge Jesus couldn't have asked for more from his side today. Well deserved from them.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Ion Creanga wrote:more fuel on this:

Da fuq Laughing

You'd think as an Italian Conte would have appreciated the defensive lesson he was given tonight.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 10:57 pm

Conte is a *bleep* disgrace. Whines like a little girl, makes excuse after excuse, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

MAN UP CONTE. YOUR JUVE FLOPPED. YOU FAILED TACTICALLY. What a bitch. :facepalm:
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Not to jump on the Vidal is overrated bandwagon but anyone that watches Serie A knows that he has been under-performing since the turn of the year. Coincidentally when he stopped being hyped to heaven.

Where are the Tevez > Higuain fanboys now? Laughing

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Thu May 01, 2014 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Conte is so butthurt.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 11:02 pm

sportsczy wrote:I never thought you'd ever say that other Serie A teams would do better in Europa Arqi Laughing When's the last time a Serie A team got to the Europa semis?  I can't even remember.  Teams from Italy (and every other better league other than Portugal and Spain) don't give a rat's arse about Europa.  As a result, they play the C team early and get knocked out early as a rule...

Same reason why I see Liverpool and Chelsea succeeding over a consecutive European flop in Manchester City within Europe. Or PSG or Lyon over a Marseille and Monaco or Schalke and Dortmund over Leverkusen and Mainz.

Differences the teams I see are the ones who employ tactics not directly catered to long-range league results and the Serie A, but teams understanding the need to adapt within the phase of Europe with their minor differences in the league.

Yes, just like Serie A, France also has the same problem in their apathy towards the competition yet they must evolve past semantics that cater to their league and transcend their blueprint onto Europe, hence why they should be performing better than what they are.

Juventus are not the side they were in their first two seasons and have laid ground of priority far too much on the Serie A.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 01, 2014 11:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Playing golf? hmm
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Juveman17 wrote:Conte is a *bleep* disgrace. Whines like a little girl, makes excuse after excuse, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

MAN UP CONTE. YOUR JUVE FLOPPED. YOU FAILED TACTICALLY. What a bitch. :facepalm:

for Europe enough agreed.
But did you remember what Juve was before of Conte?
There are the Ancelotti , there are the Conte, but there are the Del Neri too.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 pm

Vidal's been carrying fluid in his knee for a long time lmfao

And still when half-fit looks like one of our best players.

It's a typical trend not just on GL but across the world. When a team fails to live up to expectations, people who don't follow the team regularly enough to find actual reasons why just list the best players that team has and criticises them.

It's not Vidals fault Bonucci is a *bleep* clown at times, it's not our b2b midfielders fault he can't dribble 4 people and crack one in. We have some clear flaws, and Arturo *bleep* Vidal is clearly not one of them.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 11:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not to jump on the Vidal is overrated bandwagon but anyone that watches Serie A knows that he has been under-performing since the turn of the year. Coincidentally when he stopped being hyped to heaven.

Injuries have much to do with Vidal's drop in form also.

As for Tevez>Higuain: I for the life of me cannot imagine whomever said that in GL as I'd applaud if you brought a poster who did.

Forget Europe, in which Higgy was fantastic while Tevez contributed in costing Juventus, Pipita was also better in the Serie A (despite a lower goal rate) despite injuries yet contributed so much more aside from his goals while Tevez narrow tunnel vision has been to run and score.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 11:09 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Vidal's been carrying fluid in his knee for a long time lmfao

And still when half-fit looks like one of our best players.

It's a typical trend not just on GL but across the world. When a team fails to live up to expectations, people who don't follow the team regularly enough to find actual reasons why just list the best players that team has and criticises them.

It's not Vidals fault Bonucci is a *bleep* clown at times, it's not our b2b midfielders fault he can't dribble 4 people and crack one in. We have some clear flaws, and Arturo *bleep* Vidal is clearly not one of them.

agreed, Vidal is definitely the best Juve player.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:10 pm

Reason why i feel both Serie A and Ligue 1 are doomed to always stay 4-6th position in UEFA = Europa apathy. Same points as CL for UEFA. Portugal take it so seriously and, frankly, Bundi, EPL and La Liga have better elite teams = CL success will be less compared to those leagues... Somehow, the national federations need to incentivize the clubs. Maybe they should automatically qualify teams that are in European competitions to the next round of cup competition until they get eliminated. Something like that.

I mean Europa is carried by W9 television in France. It's a scrub free network... i mean it's even in the minor leagues here when it comes to media coverage Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu May 01, 2014 11:11 pm

Havent even gotten in the thread yet and already being insulted? Oh well, guess I shouldnt expect better. And Tomwin Lannister, ive been a Juve fan longer than youve probably been alive.

Anyways, some of the blame should go to Conte for 1. Playing the 352, and 2. Not starting Marchisio (who created more in the 20 minutes he was on than Pogba, Pirlo, and Vidal put together in 90 minutes). But overall im actually not mad. Disappointed yea, but not mad at our players or coach. We were clearly the better team, just like against Real Madrid, but we lacked width, and most of all lacked finishing. Finishing has been our problem since Trezeguet left and it still is. Yes its gotten far better than the last few years with the addition of Llorente and Tevez, but its still not good enough. The players are good enough, but the finishing when it matters just wasnt.

To call us flops though is a joke. We were not outplayed a single time in Europe this season or last outside of the Bayern ties. I know the scoreline is what matters i the end but not all of it, certainly not to me at least. For example, id rather be the better team and lose than park the bus and win. I know Benfica didnt park it, but its just an example. We were the better team, as well as against Madrid, so I think its very harsh to xall us flops.

Overall, im very disappointed, very pissed off to be perfectly honest but we just need to move on from here, win the game on the weekend to clinch the Scudetto and then start thinking about next year. I think we have a serious shot at winning the CL in all honestly, were just a piece or two away. So lets do it.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 11:13 pm

but Osvaldo? Nothing of new anyway .
Osvaldo is most "Italian" hyped player ever , although he scored same goals than Begovic

just an Espanyol legend
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 11:17 pm

chad4401 wrote:seria a teams never play their best line up cause they don't take the europa seriously Proud, that excuse still valid?

Nope but we all know the reason why Juve have flopped in Europe and its been said repeatedly over and over again but almost everyone on here.

They play a system which is easy for anyone with width to exploit and what's more their players are not suited to it.

Until Conte adapts his system to those around him they won't succeed. I have seen them a lot in Serie A this season as well and they don't even look good there much.... they just manage to scrape wins every week while playing like dog shit.

Seriously its like watching Man Utd before Fergie figured Europe out.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 11:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Reason why i feel both Serie A and Ligue 1 are doomed to always stay 4-6th position in UEFA = Europa apathy.  Same points as CL for UEFA.  Portugal take it so seriously and, frankly, Bundi, EPL and La Liga have better elite teams = CL success will be less compared to those leagues...  Somehow, the national federations need to incentivize the clubs.  Maybe they should automatically qualify teams that are in European competitions to the next round of cup competition until they get eliminated.  Something like that.

I mean Europa is carried by W9 television in France.  It's a scrub free network...  i mean it's even in the minor leagues here when it comes to media coverage Laughing

France and Italia in this respect; birds of the same feather flying together.

Personally not convinced by Portugal who find the most opportune ways to enter the Europa League and throw all their eggs within considering outside 2-3 teams their league is shocking, whereas the talent is Serie A and Ligue 1 is thinly spread despite one team's superior consistency above the rest.

Considering the EL is new and still an unknown quantity tactically outside from the Russian and Portuguese leagues who've had enough experience to measure its space, Ligue 1 and Serie A teams will not compete properly until they acknowledge the merits and use it as another means of acquiring a trophy.

Football runs in cycles as Serie A's results are far better coefficiently in Europe than 3 years ago while Portugal have overtaken as a result of 2010-11 coefficient jump. France within their slow cook of development will take a leap over Serie A's apprehensive but definitely apparently climb while Portugal will struggle to maintain their already unsustainable model.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 01, 2014 11:23 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Pirlo on drawing Benfica three weeks ago: "I feel sorry for them." That backfired pretty ugly.

Pathetic stuff, karma is a btch. No wonder he left the pitch like a thief

Laughing

Oh well.. what a shame european competitions have nothing to do with the dead serie a ..

Bravo to Benfica , i am very happy they made it . Idk what that mad dog conte is talking about , they did everything they could to stop his team and kept fighting even with 9 players at some point . The team who fully deserved to reach the final , did .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu May 01, 2014 11:24 pm

juventus101 wrote:Havent even gotten in the thread yet and already being insulted? Oh well, guess I shouldnt expect better. And Tomwin Lannister, ive been a Juve fan longer than youve probably been alive.

Anyways, some of the blame should go to Conte for 1. Playing the 352, and 2. Not starting Marchisio (who created more in the 20 minutes he was on than Pogba, Pirlo, and Vidal put together in 90 minutes). But overall im actually not mad. Disappointed yea, but not mad at our players or coach. We were clearly the better team, just like against Real Madrid, but we lacked width, and most of all lacked finishing. Finishing has been our problem since Trezeguet left and it still is. Yes its gotten far better than the last few years with the addition of Llorente and Tevez, but its still not good enough. The players are good enough, but the finishing when it matters just wasnt.

To call us flops though is a joke. We were not outplayed a single time in Europe this season or last outside of the Bayern ties. I know the scoreline is what matters i the end but not all of it, certainly not to me at least. For example, id rather be the better team and lose than park the bus and win. I know Benfica didnt park it, but its just an example. We were the better team, as well as against Madrid, so I think its very harsh to xall us flops.

Overall, im very disappointed, very pissed off to be perfectly honest but we just need to move on from here, win the game on the weekend to clinch the Scudetto and then start thinking about next year. I think we have a serious shot at winning the CL in all honestly, were just a piece or two away. So lets do it.

rofl
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Portugal just passed Italy in uefa rankings

1-Spain
2-England
3-Bundi
4-Portugal
5-italy
6-France

thankfully Roma are on their way

While true it should be said that it's not because of the current season. Italy has 14.166 points and Portugal 9.750 with just one last game to play so talking about points only Italy has had a far better season than Portugal. It's all down to the 10/11 season.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 11:25 pm

bah who cares to Portogual above Italy in ranking...

tbh I would finish even under Ukrainan league if it is useful to avoid Juve's win but anyway .... Portugual is an eextemporaneous exploit thanks to this GOATfica ( no I can't care about a club who has Quaresma as starter) ,  Italy will come back above soon and anyway 4th or 5th changes just a bit

I'm more worried for Ligue One why 2 oil money teams have the potential to bring many points
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next