The_Badger
chad4401
Zealous
Lex
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 4 Empty Re: Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 6:25 pm

bah who cares to Portogual above Italy in ranking...

tbh I would finish even under Ukrainan league if it is useful to avoid Juve's win but anyway .... Portugual is an eextemporaneous exploit thanks to this GOATfica ( no I can't care about a club who has Quaresma as starter) ,  Italy will come back above soon and anyway 4th or 5th changes just a bit

I'm more worried for Ligue One why 2 oil money teams have the potential to bring many points

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 4 Empty Re: Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Antonio Stubbornte is an European screhb simple as that,not even a scrub, lesser than that with 3-Conte-2 formation....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 6:32 pm

According to GDM, Conte wants guarantees about certain purchases before he signs a new contract

Like I said, some of the blame is on Conte. But our major flaws IE dealing with width and attacking with width can't be fixed properly with the wide players we have.

Our best and only Winger was an above average player playing in decent form 2 years ago, ever since he's been injured.

So, yeah it's easy to say '4-3-3 ffs' but it's another thing actually having the players to do it. And we currently don't.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Robespierre wrote:bah who cares to Portogual above Italy in ranking...

tbh I would finish even under Ukrainan league if it is useful to avoid Juve's win but anyway .... Portugual is an eextemporaneous exploit thanks to this GOATfica ( no I can't care about a club who has Quaresma as starter) ,  Italy will come back above soon and anyway 4th or 5th changes just a bit  

I'm more worried for Ligue One why 2 oil money teams have the potential to bring many points

the more Juve goes down in Europe, the harder it will be for your Inter to even see Europe (not to mention CL) cos at this rate if Serie A should have 2 contenders in CL only,

ah my oh my, with Roma and Napoli battling for that 2nd spot.....

Valar Morghulis!
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 01, 2014 6:35 pm

One or two pieces away from winning the UCL? That may apply to a lot of teams and still wouldn't work. If Conte doesn't adjust his own mindset and how he sets up Juventus in Europe, you can have all those pieces and still it wouldn't add up to much.

As a long time hater of things Juventus, this has been such a beautiful week of football. For someone who actually likes Serie A, Juventus let down quite more than just their fans...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 6:35 pm

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
Robespierre wrote:bah who cares to Portogual above Italy in ranking...

the more Juve goes down in Europe, the harder it will be for your Inter to even see Europe (not to mention CL) cos at this rate if Serie A should have 2 contenders in CL only,

ah my oh my, with Roma and Napoli battling for that 2nd spot.....

Valar Morghulis!

you agree nate, but you would do same thing.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Thu May 01, 2014 6:38 pm

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 4 2Q==

Take Juve to Next Level? Can't even take 'em to Turin

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 6:40 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:According to GDM, Conte wants guarantees about certain purchases before he signs a new contract

Like I said, some of the blame is on Conte. But our major flaws IE dealing with width and attacking with width can't be fixed properly with the wide players we have.

Our best and only Winger was an above average player playing in decent form 2 years ago, ever since he's been injured.

So, yeah it's easy to say '4-3-3 ffs' but it's another thing actually having the players to do it. And we currently don't.

Smart, Tomas. Very.

As you know my prime thesis has been change of semantic yet the change of roles is also necessary and more important, subsequently.

It starts alone from the formation yet too many whine and whinge thinking a magical switch of formations will perform the trick as while it will make certain better use of their players, it will not strike balance to the team correctly. Tevez cannot play in this formation, Llorente can if he has someone running off of him and Conte not mysteriously placing him as a target man to remain stationary while the midfield gap between attack has been mentioned countless times by me.

3-1-4-2 doesn't even play this way considering Juventus' lack of true ball retention in the final third as try to recollect the Juve of Conte's first two years (especially first) in which the attack clicked and the midfield of MVP was firing in all directions. Now it seems stale in the Serie A while the consistent absorption of pressure and lack of reaction has been searingly close to losing them points, yet their depth and experience has ended up saving their hinds.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu May 01, 2014 6:42 pm

I see too little credit being given to Benfica, who showed they can handle a very talented Juventus side.

The argument that the Portuguese teams lose on purpose on the CL group stage is illogical and insulting. The truth is, in the European competitions every team gives their max, period.

This was a match beetween two very strong teams which was very evenly fought, and in which either one could go through.

I have to say that the Juve players' and coach's attitudes were not what I expected from a club with such an history. Especially because Juve benefitted heavily from the refereeing.

We should remember that Benfica and Juve are two clubs with the same amount of CL finals, both with 2 wins and 5 losses iirc. Benfica deserves respect.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 01, 2014 6:47 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:According to GDM, Conte wants guarantees about certain purchases before he signs a new contract

1. he had and has always had Giovinco (yes ppl can say whatever they want about him) all season, whose best performances come from a free role striker, AM, or right winger position and has great pace and vision all season long and still craved 3-5-2

2. yes I blame Agnelli and Marotta for their stupid cheapa** attitude in the market saying "Juve cannot compete blah blah" now all know revenue is increasing and pressure will be on them to get us legit talent next season which is good news, but Conte is tryna use them to save his own faults really, last transfer market it was clear he was/has NOT planned to change the sh*tty formation.

3. Conte's stubbornness is what costs us, Copenhagen, Gala, that Danish team from last year, he clearly doesn't learn, Trabzonspor, Lyon, even first leg at Benfica, you'd think he'd realize his formation is faulty but no, proud stubborn Stubbornte listens to none....

4. his love for Bonucci is why I believe he will keep 3-5-2 next season, to play that a** hat who cannot play in a 2 man backline is = 3-5-2 again next season, watch us sign the likes of Pereyra and co and and put in an audacious signing for Sanchez to deceive fans and make them excited he will change formation..... but ask yourself.....

_ Sanchez can play striker, Conte getting him would mean he would bench llorente and play Sanchez-Tevez (after all he likes mobile men and we started this season with Vuci-Tevez until Vuci injury to flopping)

- until we sell Bunucci I won't believe in a change of formation...

- Conte won't bench Asamoah, and he cannot play LB in a 4 man backline....... hence 3-5-2 all over again  :facepalm: 

- if we buy a pure winger like di Maria/Nani type of player then I will believe Conte will change formation, but until that happens am sorry Tom, you can keep dreaming but Antonio Stubbornte ain't changing his mindset as much as he'll hold hostages to cover his a** for.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 01, 2014 7:01 pm

juventus101 wrote:Havent even gotten in the thread yet and already being insulted? Oh well, guess I shouldnt expect better. And Tomwin Lannister, ive been a Juve fan longer than youve probably been alive.

Anyways, some of the blame should go to Conte for 1. Playing the 352, and 2. Not starting Marchisio (who created more in the 20 minutes he was on than Pogba, Pirlo, and Vidal put together in 90 minutes). But overall im actually not mad. Disappointed yea, but not mad at our players or coach. We were clearly the better team, just like against Real Madrid, but we lacked width, and most of all lacked finishing. Finishing has been our problem since Trezeguet left and it still is. Yes its gotten far better than the last few years with the addition of Llorente and Tevez, but its still not good enough. The players are good enough, but the finishing when it matters just wasnt.

To call us flops though is a joke. We were not outplayed a single time in Europe this season or last outside of the Bayern ties. I know the scoreline is what matters i the end but not all of it, certainly not to me at least. For example, id rather be the better team and lose than park the bus and win. I know Benfica didnt park it, but its just an example. We were the better team, as well as against Madrid, so I think its very harsh to xall us flops.

Overall, im very disappointed, very pissed off to be perfectly honest but we just need to move on from here, win the game on the weekend to clinch the Scudetto and then start thinking about next year. I think we have a serious shot at winning the CL in all honestly, were just a piece or two away. So lets do it.

Could you decide? i feel this post suffers from.. mental contradiction , one might say..?  

Anyway , whatever it is , clearly the pissed off part of you writes bs , you are flops and you clearly weren't the better team , not tonight , not against Madrid , not anywhere in europe where you didn't manage to win.

Have some dignity in defeat man , Benfica fully and 100% deserved to get to the final , they proved that both home and away. It just gets on my nerves watching a great Benfica making it all the way against all odds , only to read that they weren't the better team. Ohh but they were. That's why they are in the final right now , because they did better.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 01, 2014 7:03 pm

Doc wrote:One or two pieces away from winning the UCL? That may apply to a lot of teams and still wouldn't work. If Conte doesn't adjust his own mindset and how he sets up Juventus in Europe, you can have all those pieces and still it wouldn't add up to much.

As a long time hater of things Juventus, this has been such a beautiful week of football. For someone who actually likes Serie A, Juventus let down quite more than just their fans...

brother Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Dante wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Havent even gotten in the thread yet and already being insulted? Oh well, guess I shouldnt expect better. And Tomwin Lannister, ive been a Juve fan longer than youve probably been alive.

Anyways, some of the blame should go to Conte for 1. Playing the 352, and 2. Not starting Marchisio (who created more in the 20 minutes he was on than Pogba, Pirlo, and Vidal put together in 90 minutes). But overall im actually not mad. Disappointed yea, but not mad at our players or coach. We were clearly the better team, just like against Real Madrid, but we lacked width, and most of all lacked finishing. Finishing has been our problem since Trezeguet left and it still is. Yes its gotten far better than the last few years with the addition of Llorente and Tevez, but its still not good enough. The players are good enough, but the finishing when it matters just wasnt.

To call us flops though is a joke. We were not outplayed a single time in Europe this season or last outside of the Bayern ties. I know the scoreline is what matters i the end but not all of it, certainly not to me at least. For example, id rather be the better team and lose than park the bus and win. I know Benfica didnt park it, but its just an example. We were the better team, as well as against Madrid, so I think its very harsh to xall us flops.

Overall, im very disappointed, very pissed off to be perfectly honest but we just need to move on from here, win the game on the weekend to clinch the Scudetto and then start thinking about next year. I think we have a serious shot at winning the CL in all honestly, were just a piece or two away. So lets do it.

Could you decide? i feel this post suffers from.. mental contradiction , one might say..?  

Anyway , whatever it is , clearly the pissed off part of you writes bs , you are flops and you clearly weren't the better team , not tonight , not against Madrid , not anywhere in europe where you didn't manage to win.

Have some dignity in defeat man , Benfica fully and 100% deserved to get to the final , they proved that both home and away. It just gets on my nerves watching a great Benfica making it all the way against all odds , only to read that they weren't the better team. Ohh but they were. That's why they are in the final right now , because they did better.

Lmfao
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu May 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Milan and Inter fans hating on their master in the league, forgetting as the master falls, so comes the death of his servants....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 01, 2014 7:31 pm

Bro getting knocked out of the CL group stages, EL semis when we are hosting the final, and the Coppa Italia for the third straight year is the definition of flop.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Juventus are the biggest flop in europe this year - Page 4 ZKl6YP5

Laughing
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Is that the biggest contradiction in a single post in the history of GL? rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 01, 2014 7:45 pm

master .. and servants .. yeah , ok .

and some wonder why so many hate Juventus .. Beats me!

Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu May 01, 2014 7:47 pm

Juve should hire Moyes imo :coffee:

European mastermind
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 pm

I agree with juve101 tbh. 1 or 2 signings away from dominating Europe.

Ronaldo
Messi
Asamoah Pogba Pirlo Vidal Lichtsteiner
Chiellini Bonucci Caceres
Buffoon

hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 01, 2014 7:50 pm

Dante wrote:brother Proud

Brother...not by blood but by bond Proud
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 pm

On what basis would CR or Messi bench Tevez? he is the best striker in Serie A.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 pm

Doc wrote:
Dante wrote:brother Proud

Brother...not by blood but by bond Proud

may the hate unite us Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm

One thing I will say, is that we're ahead of schedule. We need to keep building and finally switch the 3-5-2 though, otherwise we're going to stagnate and then questions will be asked.

If the final wasn't taking place in our own *bleep* stadium I'd have been less pissed. But, whatever. If somebody gave me the choice between winning EL and strengthening the 3-5-2 (Conte would probably ignore the obvious flaws if we had won a european trophy)

Or missing out on the final, but finally switching to a formation such as 4-3-3, i'd pick the latter every time.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu May 01, 2014 8:15 pm

Zealous wrote:

rofl

rofl
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 pm

what's the schedule Tom?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next