If City win the league is this the biggest choke job in Premier League history?

+40
Zealous
BusterLfc
dostoevsky
Curtinho
stevieg8
Red Alert
Abramovich
CBarca
Adit
chad4401
Gil
Swanhends
futbol
Blue Barrett
McAgger
RealGunner
El Gunner
Suarez99
mr-r34
Lex
RED
Onyx
Tomwin Lannister
jibers
Arquitecto
ExtremistEnigma
Art Morte
BarrileteCosmico
Nishankly
The_Badger
zigra
B-Mac
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
Le Samourai
REWB
Mr Nick09
M99
izzy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
44 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

If City win the league is this the biggest choke job in Premier League history? - Page 2 Empty Re: If City win the league is this the biggest choke job in Premier League history?

Post by Art Morte Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:37

Yohan Modric wrote:As said already, City had a few games in hand. hmm

Still though I think Liverpool should have done better against Chelsea and also won tonight.

Yeah, you're right, we needed to get something from the Chelsea game. Then we would have closed up shop in this game when 3 - 0 up, now we wanted to keep on attacking because of the goal-difference.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

If City win the league is this the biggest choke job in Premier League history? - Page 2 Empty Re: If City win the league is this the biggest choke job in Premier League history?

Post by RED Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:38

Chelsea should be the ones kicking themselves. Beat both LFC and City home and away, and have the best record against the top 6, only to squander points away to the scrubs of the league.

All they had to do was beat S'land and Norwich at home and this title could have been theirs- heading to the last game of the season.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:49

I dunno, I'm waiting for Red Alert to tell me whether that was a bottle job or not
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:50

RED wrote:Chelsea should be the ones kicking themselves. Beat both LFC and City home and away, and have the best record against the top 6, only to squander points away to the scrubs of the league.

All they had to do was beat S'land and Norwich at home and this title could have been theirs- heading to the last game of the season.

Tbf, all of the title contenders have reasons to be kicking themselves, we have just had two big reasons right at the end (Gerrard's slip up and today's bottling).

City lost to Cardiff, Villa and Sunderland early in the season.

Chelsea have been great against the top teams, but had a bumpy road against the mid-table sides.

Our shortcomings have just been the most dramatic ones.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:51

Lex wrote:I dunno, I'm waiting for Red Alert to tell me whether that was a bottle job or not

For how many days were you top of the table again?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:53

Worst thread of the year contender.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Suarez99 Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:56

I have never cried over football before but when reality of the situation hit me I admit I shed a tear or two.

I feel like I have the stomach ripped out of me, gutted is an understatement.

And its not just that we lost the title and how we f***** it up when it seemed harder to lose it, I know this just proves i'm never going to see my club win the league, something basically my whole life circles around.

I don't care that we have over achieved or that we are back in the CL, this was the opportunity, the one and only chance.

Next season we are going to fall back into the pack ala 2009-10 season after challenging.

It's just never meant to be and it never will be pale :facepalm: 
Suarez99
Suarez99
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 6 May 2014 - 0:58

Art Morte wrote:
Lex wrote:I dunno, I'm waiting for Red Alert to tell me whether that was a bottle job or not

Not long enough to warrant us trying to hire stewards for our end of season celebratory parade, apparently
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:01

Suarez99 wrote:I have never cried over football before but when reality of the situation hit me I admit I shed a tear or two.

And its not just that we lost the title and how we f***** it up when it seemed harder to lose it, I know this just proves i'm never going to see my club win the league, something basically my whole life circles around.

I don't care that we have over achieved or that we are back in the CL, this was the opportunity, the one and only chance.

Next season we are going to fall back into the pack ala 2009-10 season after challenging.

Sad Keep your head up mate.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:05

Suarez99 wrote:I have never cried over football before but when reality of the situation hit me I admit I shed a tear or two.

WTF did i just read,  :facepalm: .
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:06

Imagine going through 9 years without a trophy while being abused by everyone and anyone and being shat on by the media and rival fans.

Cheer up man. Look at where Liverpool were 3-4 years ago. On the brinks of administration with no light in sight. And look at yourselves now. A talented manager with a talented squad who can only improve from now. Back in the CL after 5 years. Can get better players now and more money as well

It's been a good season for u guys
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:08

mr-r34 wrote:

WTF did i just read,  :facepalm: .

a realist Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:10

Lex wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Not long enough to warrant us trying to hire stewards for our end of season celebratory parade, apparently

Yes, well, I suppose preparing for trophies is a bit of a forgotten skill at Arsenal.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:12

Like preparing for a league trophy at Anfield has been forgotten? hmm

Gerrard don't even know dem feels
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:12

@Suarez99 take some consolation that LFC exceeded all expectation by being in a position to challenge for the title- all the way to the last weekend of the season.

Be proud, bruh. Even though it hurts. Once you strengthen this summer, who knows what you could achieve next season. Now.....

.... I'm gonna carry on tasting them tears  Wink 

cheers 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:28

Two weeks in a row football makes me cry. Don't think I've ever been gutted as bad as I was today. Of course this has been a great season and a very successful one at that for a club who nobody believed to even be able to challenge for the top 4 let alone have a chance of winning the title on the last day. But it is also a season that is going to hurt more than any other. It's been 24 years since our last, I have never in my whole life felt the title this close to our grasps. I don't blame Suarez99's post above. When you haven't won the title for 24 years and a season like this comes along where you just barely miss out, it feels like the only chance you'll ever going to get just slipped from your grasps.

I will believe we can do it till the last second of the season and I can envisage City losing one of their home games as football is just strange like that. But irregardless of the final result, Brendan, Stevie and the boys have done us proud this season and has gotten us back to the *bleep* Champions League. There is beauty in that alone. As much this season will hurt the success should still not be taken for granted. And next season We Go Again.

As for myself, this is my final week here in GL's general section. Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:32

2nd place is still a fantastic finish for liverpool considering they were 7th last season, right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 6 May 2014 - 1:35

That avatar looks good on ya, McAgger Very Happy
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue 6 May 2014 - 2:08

IMO this still isn't over.. Is it unlikely ? Sure...

But I don't trust city as far as I could throw a bag carrying their players weakly payroll. They have shown a ton of weakness when the pressure is on these past few years. They had the league title in the bag two years ago on the final day to the lowly QPR and almost threw it all away. If it wasn't for what I would call nothing short of a miracle in stoppage time saving them.

VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 6 May 2014 - 2:27

Jonathan Pearce: "The PL's the only league where a team with nothing to play for beats a title challenger."

Levante 2-0 Atleti. Yesterday.

Mule League pundits. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue 6 May 2014 - 2:37

Fußball wrote:Jonathan Pearce: "The PL's the only league where a team with nothing to play for beats a title challenger."

Palace ain't even beat them lmao.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue 6 May 2014 - 2:44

Art Morte wrote:
Lex wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Yes, well, I suppose preparing for trophies is a bit of a forgotten skill at Arsenal.

dat banter ffs :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue 6 May 2014 - 3:07

Art Morte wrote:
Lex wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Ether!!!! rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue 6 May 2014 - 3:14

BarrileteCosmico wrote:2nd place is still a fantastic finish for liverpool considering they were 7th last season, right?
No it isn't. For a club of their size to have gone what is it.... 24 years? without a League title is disastrous.

They've bottled it two times in the last 5 years now.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue 6 May 2014 - 3:24

Fußball wrote:Jonathan Pearce: "The PL's the only league where a team with nothing to play for beats a title challenger."

english pundits: everything that happens in the PL is legendary and can't be seen anywhere else.....rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue 6 May 2014 - 3:28

It is actually a miracle that with that defense Liverpool actually gave a serious title challenge. Liverpool had a remarkable season, who thought they would be challenging PL title ? .

They are on a rise, Rodgers are taking them in the right direction , Couple of defenders and one midfielder and they will be title challengers for years to come and will eventually win one in within next 4 years. They have found winning mentality and Liverpool this season should be an example to the likes of Arsenal.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next