hrealmadrid
shaven
68 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

The Only One - Jose Mourinho - Page 13 Empty Re: The Only One - Jose Mourinho

Post by izzy Sat May 05, 2012 4:55 pm

raulmadrid4vr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:we never played tiki taka under pellegrini lol, that's a big exaggeration. At times our passing games looked really accomplished, but as a team we were a bit in pieces more often than not.

we certainly played better than any of mourinhos teams.

plus.. people are forgetting HOW MANY BETTER PLAYERS mourinho had at his disposal.

lets compare teams:

pellegrini had:

in offense vdv and guti instead of ozil, di maria, benzema.

in midfield he had gago instead of khedira.

in defense he had drenthe instead of coentrao.

What? We had just bought Kaka, Albiol, Benzema, CR, Alonso.

The defence was usually, Ramos-Pepe-Albiol-Marcelo
The midfield was usually, Lass-Alonso
The attack was usually, CR-Higgy-Kaka-Benz

How was that bad? I see 3 weaknesses in Albiol, Marcelo and Lass.
Pelle couldn't find a way to get the team to play as a unit and instead had us whacking the ball up to the attackers to do the work and produce. The team was an absolute mess. So don't give me this 'Mou has better players', Villerreal when Pelle was in charde had worse players than this team yet Pelle had them playing great stuff, so what's the problem?

I acknowledge that Pelle needed time to implement his style but as the season drew on and crunch time arrived, Pelle just relied on the forwards to do the job and that was his downfall.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat May 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Real9CL wrote:So do you believe Mou's team is unbalanced?

I think it is in a sense.

Sure the team seems like it's functioning and pulling results, like I said many many teams before...The attacking style of play is much more capable of playing slicker football than the long balls that are utilized time and and time again.

I say if he doesn't produce a combo of La Liga w/ a Champions League and doesn't produce slick attacking football that matches or surpasses Barca's or Pellegrini's, Mou will be dead to me.

My only argument really is that our attacking and midfield potential has not been tapped into as it should be.

Mou's team is unbalanced in the sense that the Midfield is strained and the defensive links to the midfield is poor. When the wingbacks go forward, the CBs split and either one of the two MIDs drop deep, leaving aches of space in the middle of the park. This is something that is at fault with theplayers as well and knowing when to push up and when to drop deep.

I have no idea what type of football you want to see as you said we played tiki-taka under Pelle so i'm stumped on that. All I want to see is more cohesion, more smart plays with possesion and a stronger defence.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by raulmadrid4vr Sat May 05, 2012 5:37 pm

izzy wrote:
raulmadrid4vr wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:we never played tiki taka under pellegrini lol, that's a big exaggeration. At times our passing games looked really accomplished, but as a team we were a bit in pieces more often than not.

we certainly played better than any of mourinhos teams.

plus.. people are forgetting HOW MANY BETTER PLAYERS mourinho had at his disposal.

lets compare teams:

pellegrini had:

in offense vdv and guti instead of ozil, di maria, benzema.

in midfield he had gago instead of khedira.

in defense he had drenthe instead of coentrao.

What? We had just bought Kaka, Albiol, Benzema, CR, Alonso.

The defence was usually, Ramos-Pepe-Albiol-Marcelo
The midfield was usually, Lass-Alonso
The attack was usually, CR-Higgy-Kaka-Benz

How was that bad? I see 3 weaknesses in Albiol, Marcelo and Lass.
Pelle couldn't find a way to get the team to play as a unit and instead had us whacking the ball up to the attackers to do the work and produce. The team was an absolute mess. So don't give me this 'Mou has better players', Villerreal when Pelle was in charde had worse players than this team yet Pelle had them playing great stuff, so what's the problem?

I acknowledge that Pelle needed time to implement his style but as the season drew on and crunch time arrived, Pelle just relied on the forwards to do the job and that was his downfall.

benzema was useless that season and you know that.

how did he rely on the forwards? he played a nice 4-2-2-2 or 4-1-3-2.

with lass and alonso in the middle and kaka/guti/granero in front of them and higuain and ronaldo as forwards. i liked how we played under pellegrini. much better than mourinhos defensive 4-2-3-1.
raulmadrid4vr
raulmadrid4vr
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat May 05, 2012 6:48 pm

raulmadrid4vr wrote:benzema was useless that season and you know that.

how did he rely on the forwards? he played a nice 4-2-2-2 or 4-1-3-2.

with lass and alonso in the middle and kaka/guti/granero in front of them and higuain and ronaldo as forwards. i liked how we played under pellegrini. much better than mourinhos defensive 4-2-3-1.

Don't care if Benz was useless or not. Going by the logic going on here, poor perfroming players are a result of bad coaching so I see no reason why I shouldn't blame Pelle. But I have sense and won't do that.

How did he rely on forwards? WTF? A lot of people are getting exposed tonight about actually following the team. Alonso was forced to play DLP, DM, CM every game as he had no proper midfield partner and Pelle was instructing him to get the ball to the forwards as quickly as possible. No smart plays with controlled ball possession, just whack it forward to the forwards. The best example of this was the Lyon games that year. Alonso was closed down easily, Guti was non-existant and that left the forwards having to contiually drop deep and try and build their own attacks near their own half.

It was a 4-2-2-2 with no substance, no specific roles or cohesion. Kaka playing out wide and being completly hopeless. Alonso doing a 3-man job in the middle and the wingers bombing forward to support the attackers leaving the team exposed in the flanks. We played like shat. When we had the ball, 4 players would be our whole attacking system, when we were on defence, 6 players would be the defence. No team shape or unity at all. A group of individuals who only felt comfortable on the ball if Xabi or one of the forwards had it.

We never outplayed anyone, all we did was blow past them with our attack. Mou may be defensive (*Looks at goals scored this year*) but he is sorting out our biggest achilles heel which is our defensive structure. He knows how good the attackers our and I won't be suprised next season if they started player some slicker football.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Everytime Guti came on we played better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat May 05, 2012 6:59 pm

mtfootball wrote:Everytime Guti came on we played better.

That's because he was able to actually use possesion well and know how to distribute a ball. But more often than not, that was a rareity to see and he soon became another body in midfield.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real9CL Sat May 05, 2012 11:46 pm

Sure Mourinho's Madrid scored a handful of goals, but I recall so many times that they came off the counters.

As useful as counters are, we can't rely on them as often as we have.

More tiki-taka/possession in the final third would help us keep control the ball and split the defenses more often.

If anything, more build up what I am looking for.

Everyone has their opinion.

Someone wants results while disregarding playing style. Some want attractive attacking football with a signature and hope to look for results.

With a team like Real and the potential, all I am saying is that the Real offense is more than capable than what they are currently playing.
Real9CL
Real9CL
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun May 06, 2012 4:25 am

Real9CL wrote:Sure Mourinho's Madrid scored a handful of goals, but I recall so many times that they came off the counters.

As useful as counters are, we can't rely on them as often as we have.

More tiki-taka/possession in the final third would help us keep control the ball and split the defenses more often.

If anything, more build up what I am looking for.

Everyone has their opinion.

Someone wants results while disregarding playing style. Some want attractive attacking football with a signature and hope to look for results.

With a team like Real and the potential, all I am saying is that the Real offense is more than capable than what they are currently playing.

you knew before hiring mou that you wont achieve the maximum capability attacking wise
either its madrid or inter it doesnt matter

and you are right madrid's attacking potential have not been achieved and i doupt it will next year too

with an exception of some transfers which will possibly improve a bit more the defence and we might see improvement in the link up between defence and midfield as well

attacking wise we will be pretty match the same and still using long balls and still countering but this time more effectively

anyway still i prefer the dortmunt style of attack rather barca's one

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by kimkhuu Tue May 22, 2012 9:26 am

Just signed a new 2 year extension Very Happy banana :king:

kimkhuu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu May 24, 2012 7:05 am

Mou wants Figo as RM's sporting director
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri May 25, 2012 4:32 pm

Soon it will be Real Portuguese :p
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun May 27, 2012 3:51 am

He told AS: "I have signed until 2016, but in a club like Madrid if you lose two consecutive games they can cancel your contract.

"I hope to do as well as possible in these years as I am better than ever with 10 years of experience. In 2016 my daughter will be starting university and I would like to choose in which city she studies.

"London was distinct for me. I had a normal life there. In England the people are not interested in your personal life, but that is different in Spain and Italy. I need to protect my family."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:35 am

Tito Vilanova:

"I do not think that I have a bad relationship with Mourinho," Vilanova told reporters.

"It's tiring that after a year we are still talking about this (last year's eye-poking incident). I accept the decision (to pardon Mourinho) like a professional."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:42 pm

LOL Villanova is gonna poke Mou in the eye with a dagger if he could
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am

Marca:

Cristiano Ronaldo Can you maintain the high level of his last two seasons? What can improve a player who already exceeds the average of a goal a game? Are some of the issues raised these days at Real Madrid, waiting for his star is incorporated on Wednesday of next week. They will welcome you with open arms.

Mourinho has the answers and not hidden. In the club would listen attentively. If someone is calm, hopeful and confident that their best player has not yet peaked, despite carrying more than two seasons scoring 40 goals in La Liga, is the manager-coach of Real Madrid. He says that will surprise everyone with new records.

Leaders also are rubbing their hands and have fallen for the next season, the fourth in the Portuguese, even better. It has been so far.

To the extent that is exceeded will cause the other players continue to grow in every way. Since coming Christian, there are colleagues who have become, being more competitive and professional. He's a guy that infects an insatiable desire to excel.

In search of glory
"I want to win the Tenth." So goodbye to Florentino and managers in the events to celebrate the League sirivieron. Then confirmed at Euro each contesting party is more eager to get the glory.

After winning the Cup and the League, as well as the top scorer trophy and the Golden Boot, now has the ambition to win the coveted Champions.

"It will come with more hunger because you do not like to miss the Chinese and has two seasons that has been left at the gates of the Champions League final. Sure who wants to fuss and purpose, like all, is Champions. In its physical form or worry me. " There are some phrases that Mourinho says, with that assurance which characterizes these days at the offices of the Bernabeu and the Ciudad Deportiva de Valdebebas.

Arrive in good shape
already there who says that will not even need to season it finished in an excellent physical level and the Euro is one of those gifted players, who do not need very careful to keep for a year its slender FIG.

But he calls up on your vacation and are confident that will come to Madrid without a gram of fat and stressing in every physical sessions.

The proof that are eager to start its fourth season, a symptom for which you have that hope that will be overcome and that has not lost his appetite for winning more titles followed, are the latest statements made during his stay in Thailand.

There he has made clear his Real Madrid and how well that came to mark the winning goal at the Camp Nou. "The best time so far for me in Madrid was when we won the League, the world's most difficult in my opinion. Barcelona was a strong opponent, of course, but we took them nine points. It was fantastic," said program in Thailand Morning News. Now stronger bet.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 am

Are you aware that Marca has an English page which would save you having to Google translate (badly) all their articles?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:26 am

S32TABLANCA wrote:Are you aware that Marca has an English page which would save you having to Google translate (badly) all their articles?

English version barely publishes anything though and certainly does not publish all of their articles.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:40 am

S32TABLANCA wrote:Are you aware that Marca has an English page which would save you having to Google translate (badly) all their articles?

Chrome translates the page once I click on it. Also the English version is a bit behind the original one I think.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:41 am

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho will receive on Friday the Fernando Soromenho Prestige Award from the Portuguese Association of Sports Journalists (CNID) for his achievements in football.

The 49-year-old will receive the honour at the Pestana Palace Hotel in Lisbon at 14:15CET, after which he will address the media at a press conference.

It is the highest award handed out by CNID, which was created in 1967.

Mourinho, who began his coaching career in 2000 at Benfica, guided Porto to one Uefa Cup and one Champions League trophy in his two-year spell at the club.

He went on to coach Chelsea and Inter before joining Real Madrid in the summer of 2010. He has so far guided Los Blancos to one Copa del Rey and one Liga title.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 am

Mourinho receiving the award:

The Only One - Jose Mourinho - Page 13 1343394514_extras_portada_1

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Marca:

Mourinho master class with about 200 American trainers. Under the heading of 'Mourinho Way', the Portuguese did a breakdown of his career and working methods.

"The secret of our success is a complicated issue, I've been asked many times in my life, especially the press. Quality, drive, passion, work method ... there is no single reason or two. Are many things that depend on that your connections are good. "

The coach also pulled irony: "I do not control that or my house, because that sends my wife, how I can control my club? When all grow in the same direction and allow me to see that this is so, I am very happy and all is easier. "

The conference featured the collaboration of Rui Faria, Aitor Karanka, Silvino Louro, Luis Campos, Santiago Lozano, Carlos Lalin and Jose Morais.

Joe Cummings, director general of the National Association of American football coaches, thanked the exhibition: "For us it is a blessing to have Mourinho for this conference. From the first moment we contacted him he was very willing to come. It is the best coach and is well aware of their responsibility to football in the United States and globally. "

Opinion endorsing Ralph Polson, president of the Association: "We are honored to have had the best coach in the world with us. After this talk I better understand his philosophy of play and character. It is the best coach in the world."

The education director was also delighted: "It is refreshing to U.S. coaches see a person as he is willing to share their ideas with coaches who have much to learn. I have followed his career and now is the best team the world I realize its magnitude and the merit of having won four league titles in the world. "

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:11 pm

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho has conceded he was wrong to poke current Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova in the eye during a touchline altercation during the Spanish Supercopa last season.

Occuring during the two-legged competition when Vilanova was then-assistant coach to Pep Guardiola, the incident happened in a tie which Los Merengues went on to lose 5-4 on aggregate. Mourinho subsequently had a ban as punishment lifted.

The outspoken Portuguese has since admitted he lost control of himself at that moment, but revealed there was no bad blood that existed any longer between the two of them.

"I should obviously not have done what I did," Mourinho told a press conference while on tour with his club in the United States. "Nevertheless, there was a whole story behind that that made me lose a little control."

"The one who failed there was me, and I place plenty of emphasis these days on my players just to continue concentrating on games themselves and controlling their emotions.

"There lie no problems between Tito [Vilanova] and myself. We greeted each other normally in subsequent matches. Thankfully, the story is over and we must just hope to avoid such instances in the future."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Best manager in the world has spoken :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:08 am

mtfootball wrote:Mourinho receiving the award:

The Only One - Jose Mourinho - Page 13 1343394514_extras_portada_1

Mou wearing Madrid's jersey while receiving the award. The Only One - Jose Mourinho - Page 13 1499845164
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:53 am

Jose Mourinho has claimed Real Madrid's title-winning campaign last season will go down in history as one of the greatest ever.

The capital giants won their first Liga trophy since 2008 in record-breaking style, having accumulated 100 points and scored 121 goals amongst other feats, and the Portuguese believes his side have now set the benchmark for future reference.

"First of all I do not think that the champion will reach 100 points again," Mourinho said in the post-game press conference after beating AC Milan 5-1 in a pre-season friendly.

"I don't think the champion will score 120 goals. I think these are numbers that will stay in history for a long time."

Referring to a new battle between Real Madrid and Barcelona for the Liga crown in the coming season, Mourinho was well aware that the Catalans will ramp up their pursuit of the championship.

"Everybody knows it will be a close fight between, in my opinion, the two best teams in the world," the former Chelsea boss said.

"Because in the previous season we had so many points and Barcelona had [almost as many], people probably think the league is not so strong."

But Mourinho insisted people should look beyond the Merengues and Cules in the Spanish top flight, noting that the Europa League final was contested by two Iberian teams.

"I remember that the Europa League final was between Atletico Madrid and Atheltic Bilbao. The league is very, very strong," he said.

After adopting a policy that had seen every player get 45 minutes to their name, Mourinho allowed some of his players to see more time on the field this time around, but admitted there were particular exceptions to the rule.

"Today, I wanted some players to play more than the usual 45 minutes because we do not have much more time to prepare for the season," the Portuguese coach continued.

"I think Cristiano [Ronaldo] was part of the show. He is part of what the people want to see but, more importantly than that, it was a very good training session for us and I am happy with that. And no injuries,"

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:53 am

José Mourinho faces his third season leading Real Madrid. He does it "excited after two years in which this team has gone from strength to strength and has always won a title". One day shy of concluding the American tour, the White's coach reflected on the pre-season and analysed the campaign about to commence with the first fixture of la Liga against Valencia August 19 in the Santiago Bernabéu. "We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have".

What's your assessment of Real Madrid's tour in the United States?

It hasn't finished yet, but it's going well. We worked hard and well in the first period and later the games have turned out how we wanted them to. The first fixture was against an American team that was more worried about playing well and allowing good play. The next match was more complicated, more competitive and intense, against a Mexican team. Later, we played a top level European team in a stadium that we new would bring motivation on the one hand and responsibility on the other. It was good for us and now we're going to finish by playing a team with a completely different profile that plays a British style of football. We're playing well, once again putting together the pieces of a machine that was already working well and trying to step up our intensity and confidence. We're preparing ourselves as best as possible to start well.

Many players have pointed out that this team is well established and that two years of work are paying off. Is this team really so united?

It helps when people know each other and get on well together. The players might have been together for a long time but if there's no empathy and pleasure in working together you have a bigger problem than when you're putting together a group. We all get along well, we know each other well both on a personal level and in terms of football. They know the way I work and my ideas and I know them, their great qualities and the small problems that always exist. We're excited about our third year after two in which we've gone from strength to strength and have always won a title. Last year's was more important than the one the year before. That's where we are and it's a shame that the national teams are leaving us in a complicated situation next week before the championship begins. That's the calendar. We knew about it months ago and we've tried to organise the pre-season in a balanced way so that the players can start, perhaps not all-out, but well.

Much has been said about the goal-fest against Milan and the play deployed by your team. Did José Mourinho expect Real Madrid to respond in this way at this stage in the preparation?

We played well. We won the match and I think that for the players the stadium was an additional motivating factor. The stadium was packed with fans and people that feel a special connection to the team because they don't live in Spain. Another motivating factor was the reputation of our rivals and we played all-out and prepared really well. The result is rewarding but not essential. What's essential is that we play well and we did it at a level at which we played many times last season. They are small factors that add to the confidence this team already has.

In the game against Milan, were we seeing the Real Madrid of Mourinho's third year?

I don't know. We played the first half well against a very closed team that came on with very defensive play and many players at the back. It made us think about our play. That's going to happen to us a lot with teams that are going to lock down against us. When we scored the second goal in the second half and they wanted to attack, the game profile changed. They played more offensively, leaving a lot of space for our transitions. It was a rich game in a tactical sense to train us.

There are many people that wonder why you enjoy coming to the United States so much for the pre-season. In New York, in the Yankee Stadium, we saw many reasons to do it...

The people that ask me that only do so once. The president asked me and after coming he's never asked me again. This time he came with us and we've loved having him. He's not going to ask me again why I want to come because he's going to enjoy coming back himself. With the exception of Philadelphia, where we knew what the temperature would be like, the climate is perfect for working. The organisation is perfect, the matches are good, the stadiums and the fans motivational. We promote Real Madrid in an important market, we promote football in a country where it isn't the top sport. I also think it's good for the club economically... It's also perfect for the players on the Spanish national team because they're going to stay and head from here to Costa Rica, which is much closer than if they had to return to Europe and it saves them some hours of travel. It's perfect for everyone and it's a great experience. I've been doing it for seven years and I want to continue because I like it a lot. Whoever comes never asks again.

They also like you a lot here. In the Yankee Stadium we saw a banner where they proposed you for president of the United States...

It must have been a friend of mine doing propaganda.

Lastly, what message would you send to the Real Madrid fans in your third season leading Real Madrid?

I hope that nothing changes, in the sense that my Real Madrid has always been a team that stands up to their rivals and has always fought every minute. Whether this team has lost, drawn or won, they have always felt a great responsibility in representing and fighting for an institution such as Real Madrid in every match. We're going to fight for each match and each title with all our might. You can't promise more because there are factors that you can't control. This sport is and always will be a game and games are unpredictable. I like reducing this uncertainty to an absolute minimum and having Real Madrid win many more times than not. We want to want to win titles again and return to Cibeles, which is the best end to a season you can have.

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/Actualidad_Primer_Equipo_en/1330112873963/noticia/Entrevista/Mourinho:__We_re_going_to_fight_for_each_match_and_each_title_with_all_our_might_.htm?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next