neuro11
billy_gr
Donuts
bazinga
futbol
27 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

La Liga Final: Barça 1 - Atleti 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Final: Barça 1 - Atleti 1

Post by neuro11 Sat May 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Its just 50 mins and we are already out of steam! It really hurts so much to see this team struggles vs Athletico when they even play attacking....The once so called possession football that had been pride of us has no existence in this current Barca side....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

La Liga Final: Barça 1 - Atleti 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: La Liga Final: Barça 1 - Atleti 1

Post by windkick Sat May 17, 2014 6:57 pm

I'm happy for Atleti. What they accomplished is amazing

As for us; is anybody else embarrassed? This is some shit
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Sat May 17, 2014 7:00 pm

I am happy for Atleti as well...it's refreshing. However, we need some serious changes. This was really a joke performance. Pique and Masche did well but that's about it. Seemed like our tactic was to get the ball to Alves, who'd cross into the box without no one there.

mowgli
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 17, 2014 7:11 pm

our tactics were to control like we always do and work our way up.

now our players.. the stats says them all

I saw Dani Alves had 44% completion in passing? truly disgusting hope the stat is wrong.
Iniesta with 67%? which is incredibly low for his standard

bad from Tata to expect that these old players, could handle pressure the only one that seemed to manage it fine was Xavi who came in FAR too late.

if we sell Sanchez and keep Pedro my god, i don't know what i'll do but honestly both deserve to get sold..
Sanchez sure scored a goal by some hail marry goal but was completely invisible the whole second half.
Messi was shut down as-well did some dribbles and tried doing some fancy quick passing but nothing worked and he also had a bad game.

Neymar and Xavi looked like the only ones who were trying, maybe it was cause them came in 60th+ minute and were rested but jesus.

Valdes, a real CB and Alba were really missed today.

Last edited by Donuts on Sat May 17, 2014 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 17, 2014 7:12 pm

but anyways Atletico Madrid truly deserved it much more then we did, the intensity they have is really incredible.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Get in. Getting rid of Martino is like a trophy.

The worst Barca performance I've ever seen given circumstances. We played better when we lost 0-4 to Bayern.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Sat May 17, 2014 8:11 pm

What an embarrassing performance from Barca. After all that talk throughout the week, they come out with no game plan. Just endless crosses into the box from Alves. Did Martino ever wonder why Alves was given all that space all night long?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 17, 2014 8:32 pm

I don't think Tata instructed him to cross it all night, more or less that was the only thing they could do..
they tried playing through the middle and looked what happened, they pressured and our best players couldn't play out of it, even messi or iniesta who are supposed to be very good at it.
we resorted to hoofing it forward to clear the ball away from the pressure in our midfield.

and if anything our best chances of the night only really came from Alves crosses so to criticize that and not point out the other flaws is funny.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kantian Sat May 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Donuts wrote:I don't think Tata instructed him to cross it all night, more or less that was the only thing they could do..
they tried playing through the middle and looked what happened, they pressured and our best players couldn't play out of it, even messi or iniesta who are supposed to be very good at it.
we resorted to hoofing it forward to clear the ball away from the pressure in our midfield.

and if anything our best chances of the night only really came from Alves crosses so to criticize that and not point out the other flaws is funny.

I agree it's kind of ridiculous to be frank. I think 2 of our best chances came off Alves crosses. Lets not forget the only goal literally doesn't go in 99/100. Madrid was perfectly fine allowing us to cross it in and even counterattack but unfortunately this squad doesn't know how utilize either. Hopefully we're not going to continue to beat a dead horse though.

kantian
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat May 17, 2014 9:04 pm

Congrats Atletico, you won and we lost.

Let's move on to the next goddam season.

Performance was one I saw too many times this season. At least the players tried, that's all I can really say.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat May 17, 2014 9:45 pm

If Brazil no longer play joga bonito then Barcelona no longer play tiki taka. What I do feel is if we play in the current style we will be largely dependent on individuals only and easily inferior to a few other teams. We need to rediscover our style and strengths. In that sense the appointment of Luis Enrique may not be a bad idea.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat May 17, 2014 9:49 pm

please, Luis Enrique will just be a poor mans Pep..
if we wish to stay consistent we should be innovative and change, clubs know how to counter us and our players are not good enough to play how we wish we could.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat May 17, 2014 9:57 pm

Donuts wrote:please, Luis Enrique will just be a poor mans Pep..
if we wish to stay consistent we should be innovative and change, clubs know how to counter us and our players are not good enough to play how we wish we could.

Calma. You're wrong.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun May 18, 2014 4:11 am

I could not watch the game, but was not surprised by the result at all. As i said in several threads, ATM can draw against us with ease. It is a pity that Costa was injured.

Anyway, I somehow return to the idea I presented here few years ago. We need Lorente, but only as a plan B.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 18, 2014 4:22 am

Congrats to Atleti.They fully deserved it.We didnt.The hunger and desire they showed was impressive and they fully deserve the title.
Coming to us,we did try our best but it wasnt good enough.
A special shout out to Alves and Alexis who just like the Elche game were our best 2 players by far.Once more I felt that they were the two who showed the most desire and heart to win.I salute the two of them and they made me proud as a fan of the club.
If after yesterday's game,Alexis is still sold and Pedro kept,it would be a very very stupid decision.Alexis has had a brilliant season despite being ignored for the big matches towards the latter half of the season.I would even go as far as saying that he has probably been our best player this season.And almost won us the league with a wonder strike.And yet we seem to be selling him for as low as 25 mil :facepalm: 
Same with Alves.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 18, 2014 9:17 am

alex, wonderful comments. I am glad to see that you for one have accepted Alexis now. As far as heart goes credit to Alves and Alexis is justified but I will add Mascherano to the list as well. Not saying he suits the role for us but the fellow does put in everything he has. If he leaves this summer then I am fine with that but he should leave with his head held high.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun May 18, 2014 9:22 am

Donuts wrote:please, Luis Enrique will just be a poor mans Pep..

Maybe he will but the problem, at least the way I see it now, is if we hire a big name coach he will likely not adapt to our style and unless we play as per our style we will likely not be a great team. Hence there were only two options - Luis Enrique and Frank De Boer. I actually was a little more keen on the Dutch man but I am not opposed to the former either. It's like a 51-49 between them and no third candidate that I can think of suits us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sun May 18, 2014 1:36 pm

Juas Alex you might have some sight problem if you say Alves was our best player. Seriously.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sun May 18, 2014 2:01 pm

free_cat wrote:Juas Alex you might have some sight problem if you say Alves was our best player. Seriously.

Alexis was our best player with Alves second.
Who were our 2 best players according to you?

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 18, 2014 2:19 pm

Messi and Pedro probably Rolling Eyes
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 18, 2014 2:22 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Congrats to Atleti.They fully deserved it.We didnt.The hunger and desire they showed was impressive and they fully deserve the title.
Coming to us,we did try our best but it wasnt good enough.

Atletico simply were not being denied. Their determination was incredible.

I have to say though hats off to how you battled back in the end.

I think it was a great game from both sides. What it lacked in brilliancy it more than made up for with intensity.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 18, 2014 2:40 pm

I cant fault the effort and desire of most of the players, nearly all of the players in fact wanted it and gave everything.

Special mention to the effort of Alexis and Dani Alves, again showing the heart of champions and what they lacked in execution (at times, because Alves created some great chances and Alexis scored a great goal) they made up for in desire.

Felt like Busquets did very well before he went off. Perhaps it was tactical decision by Martino, perhaps it was just his greatness, but he did a great job of coming between the front of Atleti 442 and when he went off (and Xavi unbelievably wasnt brought on) we suffered. Especially with the Atletico pressing which basically won them the game. We did want it, but they wanted it even more.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun May 18, 2014 3:09 pm

Apparently Messi's goal was wrongly disallowed. Even then, I belive that if that goal would not have been disallowed, Atletico would just have pressed for another goal and scored..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun May 18, 2014 8:09 pm

I don't see much a difference if Messi is offside and it bounces off a defender and if Messi is offside and it bounces off of Fabregas and goes to him. In fact, if it's an unintentional deflection, I believe the rules say that he would still be offside. It is different if a player from the opposition team passes it to someone offside, however.

Either way, it really doesn't matter.

Busquets was indeed pretty impressive I thought. Really could have used him when Atletico were pressing. All I could think of is how much easier escaping the Atletico press would have been with Busquets and Xavi (or even just having Busquets) instead of Song and Fab (and then later Song and Xavi).
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun May 18, 2014 8:46 pm

CBarca wrote:I don't see much a difference if Messi is offside and it bounces off a defender and if Messi is offside and it bounces off of Fabregas and goes to him. In fact, if it's an unintentional deflection, I believe the rules say that he would still be offside. It is different if a player from the opposition team passes it to someone offside, however.

Either way, it really doesn't matter.

Busquets was indeed pretty impressive I thought. Really could have used him when Atletico were pressing. All I could think of is how much easier escaping the Atletico press would have been with Busquets and Xavi (or even just having Busquets) instead of Song and Fab (and then later Song and Xavi).

Nah. When Alves crossed the ball, Messi was 2m onside, then the ball bounced off Juanfran and not Fabregas. Quite hard to see live, but its quite clear on this video that Messi is onside.

Spoiler:

But like I said, even if the referee wouldn't have disallowed it, I feel like Atletico could have scored another goal if they wanted to. But hey, atleast now we can use this video to shut them up whenever they talk about how barça pays the referee's..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon May 19, 2014 7:57 am

congrats to Atleti.
They wanted it so hard and they played even harder to win it.
Especially when Turan and Costa were out I felt that the ods were against them. However they showed us what it means to really want the title. I am expecting major changes next season
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next