RED
jibers
Busby Babe
29 posters

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Louis van Gaal - Page 11 Empty Re: Louis van Gaal

Post by RED Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:01 pm

I still stand by what I said at the time. Playing Rooney as cm while Herrera was at the bench, Playing Di Maria as striker, etc, etc. He was tinkering too much and was trying to be too clever and it was infuriating to watch. Who knows what team he would have picked had RVP not gotten injured and Di Maria not suspended.

I'm glad he stuck to his guns for the City game and started the team that is doing well for us, despite RVP and Di Maria both being available to start

He's clearly a brilliant manager and I'm very happy he's turned it around for us.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:26 pm

I agree ^

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:13 pm

Laughing

I agreed with your points but as I said patience was key. I think the injuries were a stroke of luck tbh. Before he was trying to shoe horn a Jorge Mendes XI
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat May 02, 2015 7:29 pm

RVP and Rooney in MF. Fellaini as a CF.

There are no words.

Louis van Gaal - Page 11 Captain-Picard-Facepalm
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon May 18, 2015 7:42 pm

eco smile

What a personality. lol
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 19, 2015 12:03 am

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue May 19, 2015 12:21 am

lmaoooooo honestly his salty personality that he some times has with the media is a breath of fresh air to the plebs in english media that ask him stupid questions.

but stuff like this and his comments after matches of how he appreciates the fans singing and cheering the team on win or lose really makes me like him more he has a great appreciation for this clubs massive fan base,
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 19, 2015 12:29 am

B-Mac wrote:

but stuff like this and his comments after matches of how he appreciates the fans singing and cheering the team on win or lose really makes me like him more he has a great appreciation for this clubs massive fan base,

I really appreciate English fan culture. Probably the best thing about the Mule League. Proud You stood by Moyes for a very very long time and there is positivity after you finish 4th this season. Which shouldn't be taken for granted for such a successful club like United. Barca fans on the other hand wanted Enrique out in the middle of the season because he fell 2 points behind Madrid at some point. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 12:36 am

Fußball wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

I really appreciate English fan culture. Probably the best thing about the Mule League. Proud You stood by Moyes for a very very long time and there is positivity after you finish 4th this season. Which shouldn't be taken for granted for such a successful club like United. Barca fans on the other hand wanted Enrique out in the middle of the season because he fell 2 points behind Madrid at some point. Laughing

Says more about United fans. Among the best fans in the country, not just in the PL.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 12:51 am

Fußball wrote:
B-Mac wrote:

Nice comment from a Barca fan. Quite shocked to read it TBH. I will say we take it too far at times though. Moyes got too much support. He was a trainwreck from the word go.

Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 19, 2015 12:52 am

How my comment ended up there I've no idea.
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 11:02 pm

He just gave the most epic hilarious speech ever at the ManUtd award ceremony.

I'm in tears rofl

rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue May 19, 2015 11:05 pm

I can't stop laughing. Seriously. Epic!! rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 pm

Laughing video PLS can't wait
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed May 20, 2015 12:28 am

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 20, 2015 3:40 am

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:15 pm

I can't stop from laughing. rofl

The dutchman is really crazy! He just called Smalling, "Mike"!

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:19 pm

I hope he's watching and regretting 'pulling the plug' on Pedro...if it's true anyway.

Why didn't we wrap this deal up earlier or show such a lack of interest to a player who is showing his class against an organized and well drilled team like WBA, someone we could have really done with yesterday.

No, no...lets go chasing Muller and Bale.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:43 pm

We're so boring, we hardly create chances, I think 3rd is the best we can strive for. After 3 windows our attack still has major flaws, Martial should be the only one with a long-term future, Memphis too once he finds his feet. Good day when Rooney and Mata are gone.

Our defence has been great though, Smalling has been in incredible form for the past year or so, but he hit a different gear this season. Darmian is suffering from a loss of confidence but hopefully he can regain some of that early season form. Shaw was also in some unreal form pre-injury, hopefully comes back stronger. Rojo has done fine as his deputy however.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Never in my life I thought Man u would be this boring. It's like seeing Joe Pesci doing rom coms ffs :facepalm:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:33 am

Busby Babe wrote:We're so boring, we hardly create chances, I think 3rd is the best we can strive for. After 3 windows our attack still has major flaws, Martial should be the only one with a long-term future, Memphis too once he finds his feet. Good day when Rooney and Mata are gone.

Our defence has been great though, Smalling has been in incredible form for the past year or so, but he hit a different gear this season. Darmian is suffering from a loss of confidence but hopefully he can regain some of that early season form. Shaw was also in some unreal form pre-injury, hopefully comes back stronger. Rojo has done fine as his deputy however.

Meh, this football isn't any worse than the nonsense we played under SAF after 2009. LVG is trying to change the teams mentality. These things take a long time. I hope he is kept. Gone are the days where we just sit back and act like a small club in big games. SAFs record against big teams was questionable at best. We won the league because we became scrub killers.

That's what we need to sort out. Also Rooney in the team is like playing with 10 men.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:22 pm

Saf's football towards the end was bad, but no way was it worse than this, it's surprising when we even getting shots on target right now. Also, if we want to compare to SAF, SAF got trophies (remember we're comparing the end of his tenure here).

I appreciate what LvG is trying to do but it really shouldn't be this painful to watch. He's had a chance to buy the players that fit his philosophy if the current players don't get it. Sure time means it shouldn't be perfect right now, but there is an in between with this and that
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:06 pm

jibers wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:We're so boring, we hardly create chances, I think 3rd is the best we can strive for. After 3 windows our attack still has major flaws, Martial should be the only one with a long-term future, Memphis too once he finds his feet. Good day when Rooney and Mata are gone.

Meh, this football isn't any worse than the nonsense we played under SAF after 2009. LVG is trying to change the teams mentality. These things take a long time. I hope he is kept. Gone are the days where we just sit back and act like a small club in big games. SAFs record against big teams was questionable at best. We won the league because we became scrub killers.

That's what we need to sort out. Also Rooney in the team is like playing with 10 men.

Although I partially agree that the football we played under SAF in his latter years left a lot to be desired, at least there was some excitement involved in our matches i.e, goals, comebacks & late winners.

Also in our last title win, we beat City away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away, beat Arsenal at home and drew away. It was a balance of being scrub killers and winning against title rivals/big games.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:21 pm

Busby Babe is Back cheers
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:47 pm

RED wrote:
jibers wrote:

Although I partially agree that the football we played under SAF in his latter years left a lot to be desired, at least there was some excitement involved in our matches i.e, goals, comebacks & late winners.

Also in our last title win, we beat City away, Chelsea away, Liverpool away, beat Arsenal at home and drew away. It was a balance of being scrub killers and winning against title rivals/big games.

Fair points, I'm talking about generally. In big games we sat back and we played on the counter. I'm happy with the progress so far. I said it would take up to 3 seasons and I'm right on track.

If we sack him who should we hire? Mou? Also RED i think Rooney is hindering our team, Martial is our only player that is good in one v ones. Rooney needs to get injured.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:33 pm

agree with Jibers...there is progress in they way we play, this team lacks runners tho, Rooney and Mata need to be replaced they offer too little off the ball which is why we stagnate in the final 3rd because there is no movement aside from Martial.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 15 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next