Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 29 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by elitedam Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:21 am

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/game-thrones-actor-j-j-murphy-dies-four-144811049.html

RIP

elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 29 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by arabprince Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:57 am

side topic...recently purchase the Game of Thrones Board Game: Second Edition. I highly recommend it to all of you. A board game that is complex as story Razz

You play has a family, 1 of 6 (Baratheon, Greyjoy, Stark, Lannister, Tyrell, Martell) vying for the seven kingdoms. Similar to Risk but much more fleshed out.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:43 pm

FFS I need to get it, but I have no one in my personal life who is hooked up on GoT like I am.
Need to create an online game so we can play.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:54 am

Apparantly Bran and Hodor won't be featuring in this season of GoT?

Have to say i'm glad tbh, although it became more interesting, their story arc has always been my least favourite in GoT by a distance.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:24 am

wtf is this

just when Bran's arc became alot more intresting ffs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:10 pm

The actor who plays Bran will be 2 years older while the story hasn't moved, they might have to recast him.

Going to miss Hodor tbh.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:18 pm

Meh isn't some of the GoT book characters a LOT younger than they are in the TV anyway?

Characters aging on TV is fine so long as it's not a storyline about immortals who don't age or some shit

But make up anyway >>>>
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Bran is mah man Sad
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 am

‘Game of Thrones' Season 5: Bran Stark's Clairvoyance, Isaac Hempstead-Wright Hints Return

According to Screenrant, the actor confirmed he will be reprising his role during his recent interview with ODE for his upcoming animation movie "The Boxtrolls," where he voiced the character of Eggs.

"The next season of Game of Thrones and school are my biggest projects, at the moment," he said.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/565790/20140910/game-thrones-season-5-bran-stark-storyline.htm#.VBBI4MtBvqA

Seems like book readers will get spoiled next season on the Bran front after all.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:04 am

Hey guys, I've got a question for the book readers. It's from book one/season one so there's no spoilers here.

I guess I didn't pay much attention to Jon's storyline and I've just realized that Maester Aemon is actually of Targaryen blood. Without spoiling it beyond the show is currently at, could you please tell me how he is related to Dany?
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:27 am

Maester Aemon , or Aemon Targaryen , is a great-great-uncle of Daenerys . Maester Aemon was the brother of Daenerys' great-grandfather. Not sure if that's the word , English is not my native language.. In other words , Aemon was the brother of Daenerys' grandfather's(Jaehaerys II) father(Aegon V) .

Maester Aemon + Aegon V = brothers

Aegon V = 4 children , one of them Jaehaerys II

Jaehaerys II had 2 children , Aerys II(the Mad King , Daenerys' father) and Rhaella Targaryen ( Daenerys' mother and sister and wife to the Mad King)

Aerys + Rhaella children was Rhaegar , Viserys and Daenerys.

This is how Aemon son of Maekar I , is related to Daenerys . Aemon was once asked to be king , but he rejected it , passing the Iron Throne to his younger brother Aegon V .

Fun fact , Robert , Stannis and Renly Baratheon , are also related to Maester Aemon , through Rhaelle Targaryen , who was sister to Jaehaerys II(Dany's grandfather) . Rhaelle married a Baratheon , who had Steffon Baratheon , who had the 3 known Baratheon brothers known in the show , Robert , Stannis and Renly . Daenerys and the 3 Baratheons are 2nd cousins and all related to Maester Aemon .

Aaaand that is just a tiny taste of the family trees in Westeros  Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:37 am

Jesus that detail tho affraid

Thanks a lot Dante, it makes a lot of sense now!
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:33 am

The show actually cut out Jahaerys. They made Aegon the father of Aerys so Maester Aemon is the uncle of Daenerys's father in the show.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Show creators on season 5.

"Making the first season, we set a rule: No prophecies, dreams, or flashbacks," they said. "We already failed the first two, and this season we broke the third. So yes, this season will finally have flashbacks."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:08 pm

I am all for flashbacks as the GOT world has 900 schemes going on at once and when something major happens to the scheme or somebody dies then that's kind of that.

Although the main reason I wanted flashbacks ages ago was for honourable Ned ffs, but he's long gone doing other shows.

Hopefully they find an excuse to show Oberyn flashbacks, and whilst they're at it make some ridiculous plot line to bring him back to life.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:17 pm

I have strong hopes for zombie-Ned in some way. Flashbacks, or a Prequel season i think would be perfect. Show us the beginning of the war and how it all went down. Anything for more Ned <3
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Spoiler:

Ninja Edit: Spoilered whole post since it mentioned book. Nothing really spoilery but might as well avoid if you want.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:59 pm

Sean Bean is usually positive when asked about a GoT return in flashbacks if asked so from him I doubt there would be a problem.

Imagine a Tower of Joy flashback through a Bran vision, it's time to bring "Who's Jon's mother" topic back again as people have almost forgot about that... I doubt D&D would go there though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:01 pm

OK there were some really confusing reports about Bran in season 5 but it appears he won't feature at all this season after all and David Benioff explains why:

Writer and executive producer David Benioff, who is the showrunner on the acclaimed fantasy series along with Dan Weiss, tells EW exclusively that there are a couple key reasons for the move, and both are about crafting a strong season that fits within the show’s seven-year narrative plan.

“Ideally that wouldn’t have gotten out and it’s unfortunate it did,” Benioff said. “The fact is, even though we’re making changes to the books and adapting as necessary, we’re trying to keep the various storylines the same as the books and trying to keep them roughly [chronologically] parallel. And last year we caught up to the end of Bran’s storyline [in George R.R. Martin’s most recent A Song of Ice and Fire novel, A Dance with Dragons]. So if we pushed him forward this season, then he’s way ahead of where the other characters are.”

“It made sense to stop where we did,” Benioff said. “He’s now entering a training period which is going to take quite some time, much of which isn’t particularly cinematic. So rather than being stuck in a cave for a year, we figured it would be interesting to leave him out for a little bit, so when you see him again…” Benioff didn’t want to reveal much more beyond that.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/11/05/game-of-thrones-why-bran-season-5/
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:06 pm

“It made sense to stop where we did,” Benioff said. “He’s now entering a training period which is going to take quite some time, much of which isn’t particularly cinematic. So rather than being stuck in a cave for a year, we figured it would be interesting to leave him out for a little bit, so when you see him again…” Benioff didn’t want to reveal much more beyond that.

---> Implying that Bran walking to a cave in the north was particularly cinematic Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:21 pm

True lol his story arc was crap for me, only one I couldn't invest in

Bunch of scrubs walking for ages having poor dialogue, with the odd moment of fun when they met others.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:24 am

Makes sense tbh.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:36 am

inb4 Bran's own rocky montage.

Would watch 10/10
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:59 am

holy shit lol this is amazing http://captainofalltheships.tumblr.com/post/102328207647/game-of-thrones-season-1-episode-2
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:23 am

Rob Baratheon in those rofl

That was gold.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:31 am

Ned and Jon Snow about his mother lmao

Anyone played/seen the new Game of Thrones game yet? Story takes place right after the Red Wedding until the end of S4 and you play as members of House Forrester, who are loyal bannerman to House Stark. Other locations are: The Wall, King's Landing and Essos.

Game of Thrones - Telltale Games - Episode 1: Iron from Ice:
https://youtu.be/5_8-qAyB4Z8

Looks pretty cool.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33 ... 37  Next