billy_gr
Valkyrja
futbol
57 posters

Page 9 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V5 - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V5

Post by windkick Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:53 am

Maybe the only other club offering insane wages was NYFC? If thats the case then Qatar is closer.

He could of surely gone to Monaco and got paid crazy with no taxes and been closer

windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:54 am

CBarca wrote:
Donuts wrote:also just saying we have been rumored to go after ochoa last month if bravo didn't work out...

FREE agent 29 years old in july, speaks spanish...

maybe after this performance we would go for him instead.

Isn't he a troublemaker? I ask because I honestly don't know, not that I don't think he is a good option. I think he would be a great back up

UNLESS

He is a troublemaker who can't accept the bench. Either way, it would be better than buying Bravo for 60 million euros + neymar Alexis and Dani Alves.

I've followed Ochoa since he broke out and I've never known of him being a troublemaker. He patiently waited for his contract to end at America and then took to joining small time Ajaccio to make the transition to Europe and prove he can play in a good leave. IMO he would be foolish to accept a back up role at the pinnacle of his career. I hope he goes to a club where he will be able to start every game.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:03 am

Fair enough, I don't have a connection to him like you do. I just want a good back up who doesn't cost as much as Neymar.

Though I'm not serious about it, the thought of getting Higuain and him scoring against Madrid would be is amazing. Ah, I'm catching myself smiling at the thought. I like Higuain, but I'd have to think more about the move before I comment.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:56 am

if we got higuain, we would have 4 players taller then 6 feet....
5 if we count the keeper, 6 if we ever buy a centerback.. Surprised
my god....
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:51 am

We won many championships with an entire squad of midgets. As much as I want a tall arial threat striker, I don't want one that's famous for being a big game flop. He will also cost too much.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:57 am

we did win with smaller players, but when our strategy doesn't work and it hasn't for the past two years, taller physical players come in handy, especially when we defend corners which is our weakness.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 am

nah....we might have won trophies, but taller and strong in the air players can help us from being so much vulnerable in set piece defending. also right now, a corner has 0 importance to our game even though we receive a lot of them. i would be happy if we can add atleast one quality tall player...
regarding higain i completely agree with fusball....probably he is the kind of player we need. then again don understand why napoli would let him go after paying so much a season ago, specially when he performed. only way could be paying high amount which i dont think would be justifiable..

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:36 am

Higuain scored or assisted against every single big team he played last season. He had a bit of a problem with scoring in CL with us but showed this was no problem for him at Napoli. But there are two obstacles 1) he was our player for 7 years don't think he would betray us like that 2) if he came where would he play?? unless they try and copy Argentina's attack in which case I don't think Neymar would fit in i dont see it happening because if you continued with the false 9 he would likely play on the wing which wouldn't get the best out of him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:10 pm

I like him but don't want.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:38 pm

If Xavi leaves our average age for the team will drop drastically next season..

Puyol, Valdes, Xavi, Pinto all leaving while we bring on Deulofeu, Rafinha, MaTS, Rakitic

I am okay with Xavi leaving, so long as we get a good amount of money for him.. no way he is leaving free when he has two years left in his contract... we are rumored to still go after koke even after we got rakitic so maybe it holds some truth that xavi is leaving
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:16 am

also fiorentina have denied any offers for cuadrado, most likely just a false rumor started from some twitter agent  :whistle: 
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:22 am

is Bravo signed already?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:13 pm

No official confirmation, but today the rumour was too much in different media....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by V Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:36 pm

If true, seems like a pointless signing, not even taking into account the amount of money spent. How are you gonna split minutes between three goalkeepers who each have a strong case for getting as much match time as possible?
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:15 pm

I might be wrong but one of reason Bravo signed is that he has EU passport, something neither Navas & Ochoa does.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:03 pm

This World Cup has allowed me to finalise my thoughts on a few players:

For me Koke is like Gündoğan, tidy player with relatively decent technique but nowhere near Xavi when it comes to controlling the game and having the agility to control the ball in tight spaces. That, and he's not as mobile as the veteran. Someone like Verratti is closer to who you'd want to replace Xavi. That is if your plan is still to play possession football.

Alba is just a useless LB in a 4-3-3 set up. I think most agree that defensively he is poor but also offensively he is a big choker. Give him yards of space and his pace would make him look classy but press him a little and he absolutely chokes. And he lacks the balls and personality to do anything out of the ordinary, one of those players who'd rather be safe than sorry (which ironically results him in being sorry in the end).

Certain players have really overstayed their welcome. Song, Piqué, Alba, and sadly Pedro who went from zero to hero and back to zero. He's been rubbish for far too long now. Anyone suggesting he should stay while Sánchez should leave should consult a doctor immediately.

I think in order to play possession football you need to get a few things back. Your whole team (and that includes Messi) need to press as a unit and I think you'll fare well with a big centre forward against park the bus teams. I'm not a fan of Giroud but I think someone like him could do well in your set-up. Someone who could hold the ball well and play link-ups through the middle. That, and he'll hopefully bring some aerial threat back to your overly one-dimensional style of play.

Regarding Rakitić, and let me say I was one of the first people on this forum who started appreciating him a couple of years ago, I think he is a positive signing given that he is an athletic engine and he brings back quick passing back to your game i.e. he doesn't wait and count the spectators like Xavi does before he releases the ball, he is master of playing quick, accurate passes and he does not shy away from scoring either. I don't rate him close to his goal, in tight spaces, and defensively he has not impressed me. Barcelona need somebody to compliment him. Someone like Touré, Verratti, (maybe even Pogba?), Vidal or my favourite Ramsey would be good candidates, or if Busquets could unlearn a few of his habits and start learning the Xavi role.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:57 am

Ochoa's agent has said we have called him to ask about the player in a radio station.. whether or not that is true i much prefer a free player then a 10m+loan
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:35 am

10m for a backup keeper has to go down as one of the dumbest transfers in our history.

Inb4 there's not enough money to buy a good CB.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:38 am

we keep getting told Marquinhos is not available all i imagine is that our upper staff are sitting on their asses calling PSG on a daily basis trying to convince them to sell some scrub for a ridiculous fee rather then looking for the next centerback target.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 am

I've always liked Verratti, but he's now linked to Real Madrid.

And I believe the rumors that PSG is now not interested in selling Marquinhos. Dude's over priced anyway
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:40 pm

Barcelona close to signing Luis Suarez for £52m [md]

Lol Laughing

Barcelona want to sign 4 more players this summer: two centre backs, a midfielder, and a forward [sport] 

Barcelona are willing to pay 55M for Napoli forward Gonzalo Higuain (26). Napoli only want to let him go for 70M and plan to renew him [gds]

Give me whatever the fish they are on.

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:02 pm

If we could get Suarez, I would not turn it down. I have yet again changed my stance on him.

At first I wasnt sure of his quality at Ajax, then I watched him at Ajax and was convinced totally. Then at Pool I still had the same opinion of his quality but felt there was a chance he wouldnt be so good being just one of many great players..now I think he could fit in with other great players.

I think he is just so adaptable he could do it. He seems more than happy running off the ball, offering movement. That's the key. He is a star quality player but has the desire to make the runs your supposed to make, not waiting for the ball to his feet every time.

That being said, the thought of signing Suarez does very little to excite me when we still dont have defenders.

55 for Higuain Laughing

....Nah im straight brother.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:49 pm

Here's a question, bring in Suarez would mean we'd most likely be getting rid of Sanchez and Pedro is that something you'd be willing to do?

So far the board has done a decent job we confirmed Ter Stegen and Bravo signing for about 20M.  I can't remember if we ever had two quality GK like this. Rakitic signing has also been a good move as Xavi replacement. Now our priority should be two CBs.

Rakitic -- Busquets -- Iniesta/Rafinha

Pedro/Sanchez/Deulofeu -- Messi -- Neymar

I'm happy with. However if Xavi departure comes we would need another midfielder, but that should be after the CB'S.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:02 pm

Get rid of Pedro.

Im more than good with that if Suarez or any forward came, dont feel like we have to rid of Alexis too though. Dont see that as something which would have to happen.

The South American 4 plus Deulofeu sounds good to me.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:18 pm

Do you think that Alexis would be happy to see Messi, Neymar and Suarez ahead of him? he would ask for a transfer. he has competed enough at barca to show that he can start imo, if you dont trust him at this point then there is no more point for him.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:21 pm

The reason I included Sanchez and Pedro is because I doubt either will be happy with Suarez arrival. Even if we get rid of Pedro, Sanchez will play second fiddle as the auto starters would most likely be Messi, Neymar and Suarez something he wouldn't be happy with hence my question would be worth it to bring in Suarez if it meant losing Pedro/Sanchez?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 42 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25 ... 42  Next