billy_gr
Valkyrja
futbol
57 posters

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V5 - Page 36 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V5

Post by alexjanosik Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:None of them are anywhere near Barcelona level, hell 2 of them are barely Liverpool level.

Disagree.I think all 3 are good enough for us.I think Coutinho has consistency issues but he has been asked to play all over.Over the last few games he has been very good.Watched the league cup match against Chelsea where Liverpool were completely dominant in the second half.All 3 were immense.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Any news on candidates coming out and speaking abut potentially running against Bart and his team of rats?

This would be a great time for Free Cat to get posting again since he would have an inside scoop
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:None of them are anywhere near Barcelona level, hell 2 of them are barely Liverpool level.

How can this be the case when Barcelona have Pedro, Roberto and such likes?

Sterling is already way better than Pedro.

Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:37 pm

alexjanosik wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:How many here watch Liverpool regularly?I watch them a lot under Rodgers and 3 players really impress me.
Sterling,Coutinho and Henderson.All are very good young players with the potential to be world class.And I think all 3 are good enough to play for us and all for different reasons.
Sterling is hands down the best young player in the world.Very high ceiling and he can potentially turn into a superstar forward.With Messi and Suarez in their late 20's,we could build around him and Neymar.
Coutinho is the technically gifted Barca DNA midfielder.Xavi will be gone in a year and Iniesta is also getting on.Coutinho would be the perfect player to replace Iniesta.Great dribbler, great in tight spaces,great passer and intelligent.Seems the perfect fit.All he needs is the platform which we can provide.
I also like Henderson.I initially thought he was a scrub but he has really come on in the last couple of years.Terrific engine, can get up and down and can also pass.Can bring a real physical presence to our midfield.
Ofcourse there is no chance we will sign any of them.We only have eyes on one English club when it comes to signing players from.But all 3 would be excellent additions to our team.

I wont talk about the possibility of signing those guys, because really, I hardly ever agree with the players Barcelona sign.

But I agree about these 3 players. I think we had a Henderson discussion before? Either way, I have liked him since his 2nd season in Liverpool. He isnt just your typical English hard work player, he has some skill and intelligence about his game.

Sterling I really like. Not trying to be Mr Know it all, but I remember his first season for Pool first team and even Pool fans (I remember Arte Morte distinctly) were being so hard on him and saying negative things..even then, I was a fan. He is a very talented kid. He is also the rare right footed player who doesnt mind playing on the right side..not this inverted winger thing everyone does.

Coutinho I am less enamored with, but he is a very creative and tricky player. I will say one thing in regards to us signing such a player, by the time we can sign a player and we feel Iniesta needs replacing...the Halilovic boy will be ready.

Dont watch the B team.But remember discussing Halilovic with you.You had mentioned that he was more a midfielder than a forward.Where does he play now for the B?
As a CM or as one of the forwards?

I have watched the B team less the last couple months, but he is playing midfield every time I see him but he doesnt always start. I think Eusebio (coach) is really terrible and should have been sacked a long time ago, he mixes things up all over the place with various players playing different positions.

Some people have suggested Halilovic should do more, but I think they are being quite unreasonable. For me is doing well considering the turmoil and at least a couple a time a match he displays his incredible ability.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:

Who are also not good enough lol, Henderson isn't better than Rakitic and Coutinho is inconsistency personified and always will be.

Sterling is the best of the 3 but he's nowhere near your starters and never will be. Because they might be better than some of your deadwood don't mean they are good enough, it's not the way to build a squad just because they might be slightly better. You'll just have to sell them again when you realise they are not the answer.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm

I like Sterling but in 2 season or so I believe Halilovic would be close too or his equal and is also younger and could have a potentially better upside.

I would argue the same for Sergi Samper and Henderson. I believe whatever Henderson achieves in terms of skill, Samper will reach his level or surpass him, and again he's also younger. Samper is also only like an inch or 2 shorter than Henderson, so it's not like you can argue Samper is a Xavi sized midget..if someone were to use the "size" argument.

And if Coutinho/Sterling play allot on the wings...then again I look at the B team and look at the likes of Adama and even Deulofeu. Adama has all the potential in the world, and Deulofeu has all the talent and can still reach his potential. Both of those guys again, will reach the levels of Couthinho/Sterling on the wings (and both of our guys are younger, faster, and stronger....)

So pretty much imo, no point in spending on trying to get those 3 guys (although I like all 3 of them), if we already have kids in our Masia that can reach their levels one day...so why spend on them? Our first team guys are superior to those 3 guys, and our B team guys can reach their levels on day. So if we are looking for guys to strengthen our team, I wouldn't look at them. We more so still need defensive help more than anything...and a true ready to replace Xavi holding midfield like Pjanic type. Plus you remember we still have Rafinha who when utilized can serve his role perfectly fine for us. I would argue Liverpool needs the B players I mentioned + Rafinha more so than we need there trio.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:42 pm

We need a right back top priority
we need a midfield who can replace iniesta in the coming years
and we need a forward to replace pedro

more importantly we need to get rid of the deadweight..
such as pedro/s.roberto/song/adriano/verm/montoya

a young centerback would be a bonus be we now have a large amount of centerbacks half of which are in their 30s or just injured 24-7 (verm)

for right back there are not really any clear candidates.. we'll probably take a risk with a young player
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Pedro is kind of shit but do we really need to get rid of him? For a 4th option he's good enough.

Verm didn't even play a match and you already want to get rid of him Laughing

Adriano could probably go, would be nice to have someone that is fit

Montoya only after the transfer ban is done

Song is the new Xavi Proud calling him back will be like a signing.

Sergi Roberto can go, only taking minutes away from Rafinha and Samper
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:59 pm

pedro is a waste of space in our team right now, and certainly he has higher wages.

i rather play adama/deulofeu then see him take their minutes.
song can only play in the pl lol
and agreed about montoya only after the transfer ban.

verm is useless 1 year an half of no playtime will effect him in a negative way and being patient with him is useless he's almost going to be 30 when he's back.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Pedro is kind of shit but do we really need to get rid of him? For a 4th option he's good enough.

Verm didn't even play a match and you already want to get rid of him Laughing

Adriano could probably go, would be nice to have someone that is fit

Montoya only after the transfer ban is done

Song is the new Xavi Proud calling him back will be like a signing.

Sergi Roberto can go, only taking minutes away from Rafinha and Samper

I dont see the point of passengers. If he was a signing, he would have been sold or loaned in our case, 3 years ago.

I dont see anything he does which we really need. The one positive I will say is he is so medicore that Suarez, Neymar and Messi never HAVE to dropped and therefore never have to get upset about not playing enough.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Who are also not good enough lol, Henderson isn't better than Rakitic and Coutinho is inconsistency personified and always will be.

Sterling is the best of the 3 but he's nowhere near your starters and never will be. Because they might be better than some of your deadwood don't mean they are good enough, it's not the way to build a squad just because they might be slightly better. You'll just have to sell them again when you realise they are not the answer.

Henderson of course isnt better than Rakitic. But lets pretend Rakitic doesnt exist and we need a box to box midfielder to bring from the bench...can we name 5 others who are better? And that would actually accept that role.

Coutinho is a kid, I would be careful about saying he ALWAYS will be inconsistent..thats a statement that easily comes back on you.

Sterling is a really good player so I just dont agree. He isnt near Neymar or Suarez...but who is?

Last edited by The Franchise on Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:17 pm

BTW I dont think anyone is saying we should have Henderson over Samper, or Coutinho of Hailiovic or even Sterling over whoever. Simply, they are good players who could probably play for Barca..and I agree with that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Re:Suarez yeah my argument is basically that it keeps the team harmony. If you get someone like Reus you have to rotate them with the already all-star forward line.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:26 pm

reus would be different i doubt we'll get him but cant he also play a iniesta like role?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:31 pm

I am by no means an expert on him but he has always struck me as a winger and little else.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Id rather not get Reus, for a number of reasons..but most of all, because he is a forward who is used to being the best player, I dont think a 24 (or however young he is) is ready to go from that to being a mostly bench role player and him do well at that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:45 pm

regardless i still want pedro sold, we have a large amount of youth forwards who have potential to surpass pedro..
and he's holding them all back from minutes.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:48 pm

100% agree on that.

But I dont think he is doing anywhere. If he was a signing, he would have been sold a long time ago..but because he isnt, he is allowed to stay on.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Thing with Pedro is he isn't exactly someone who can make a difference coming from the bench. I'd rather have someone like 62 year old Klose on the bench and change to 4-4-2 with Suarez and Klose up top if a goal is needed late in a game. It's at least a different approach, a different dimension. What's the point of Pedro?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:15 pm

Even a transfer ban can't stop Spanish/Catalan press going full retard.

Transfer Rumours V5 - Page 36 The-front-MD-feb-4-2015-480x570

rofl

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:42 pm

They are idiots!

I very much disagree with your assessments on Pedro, but I agree that if a nice offer (20+) comes at the end of the season he should be sold. We've got Adama, Deulofeu, Munir, Sandro and Suarez. It makes sense. Signing Reus makes no sense unless we also ship off Iniesta and sign another DM, then we could play games with something like this:

---------- Suarez
-Neymar--Messi-----Reus
-----Rakitic ---- Busquets/new DM

Otherwise it makes no sense.

Considering we can't sign, I would give Alves a one year extension. However, I feel that Adama could become a fantastic right back.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm

Marco Reus has reportedly held talks with Barcelona over a summer move - but he will make them work for it.

The Borussia Dortmund forward is available for £20million this summer and is widely expected to leave the Westfalenstadion with Europe's elite circling.

And after Barcelona joined the queue for Reus, the German international reportedly asked the Catalans to explain exactly where he would fit in their star-studded frontline:

"And where would I play?" Reus is reported as having asked Barcelona in today's Mundo Deportivo.

"Where would I play in this Barcelona where the attack is made up of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar?"

Smart lad Laughing
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:11 pm

You cannot sign players.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 pm

3-3-3-1

Suarez
Nerman Messi Reus
Iniesta Busquets Rakitic
Mathieu Pique Mascherano

:coffee:

Come home, Reus. Proud

Hapless_Hans wrote:You cannot sign players.

That's technically untrue. Barca can sign players. Just can't register them for official Fifa competitions. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:22 pm

Blatter believes the matter "has a possible solution".

"We have time. I want to talk with Barça's representative because there is a possible solution to the matter (referring to the ban). A club like Barcelona must be an example to the world", said the FIFA president. In doing so, Joseph Blatter has opened the lines of communication which could improve the relationship between both parties.

Proud
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Fußball wrote:3-3-3-1

Suarez
Nerman Messi Reus
Iniesta Busquets Rakitic
Mathieu Pique Mascherano

:coffee:

Come home, Reus. Proud

That's technically untrue. Barca can sign players. Just can't register them for official Fifa competitions. :coffee:

Isn't the only FIFA competition Club World Cup? Or does La Liga fall under this?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 42 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next