futbol
Hapless_Hans
VendettaRed07
RealGunner
Adit
55 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Brazil 2014 Referee Watch Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Brazil 2014 Referee Watch Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:08 am

M99 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
M99 wrote:

And stop the crying. Bad decision happened yes and it happens in a million games. Just because it's Brazil in their host countries we have the Niagra Falls of tears here.

I'm not crying a Niagra Falls of tears because of Brazil being the home country, I'm simply complaining about seeing the opening game of a World Cup ruined just when I was finally getting into the mood.
The referees at the World Cup are obviously a problem and are worse than in the CL or something.
It's not because of Brazil, it was in South Africa as well, I mean I remember a certain Lampard goal farcically not given if you can then understand what I mean.
I had hoped that was an outlier but this is shaping up badly already in the FIRST game.
That's why I'm pissed, not because of some anti-Brazil sentiment.

Name of the thead is "Brazil referee gift watch thread" not "Referee bad decisions thread" so forgive me for thinking that some posters have anti-Brazil sentiment.

Ah ok Laughing

I see

tbh I understood that as 'Brazil WC ref gift watch' Laughing but now that you mention it

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Brazil 2014 Referee Watch Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Brazil 2014 Referee Watch Thread

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:10 am

This match was pretty exciting before the dubious penalty. Such a shame that this tournament got off to a bad start because of a poor referee who was clearly out of his element.

I do feel sorry for Croatia and its fans. A draw would've been a fairer result imo.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:15 am

Woulve won" bs lol.

Everyone who watched Bayern vs Chelsea will say Bayern woulve won..guess what they didn't. Brazil wasn't even creating any clear chances to use that.

Football simply isn't a game of would've won. Every details affects the final result..
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:17 am

Adit wrote:Woulve won" bs lol.

Everyone who watched Bayern vs Chelsea will say Bayern woulve won..guess what they didn't. Brazil wasn't even creating any clear chances to use that.

Football simply isn't a game of would've won. Every details  affects the final result..

I'm also quite perplexed by people claiming Brazil would've won even without the penalty call...like it's their God given right.

The only guarantee in life is death.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Spray Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:33 am

Brady2Moss wrote:

Football simply isn't a game of would've won. Every details  affects the final result..

I'm also quite perplexed by people claiming Brazil would've won even without the penalty call...like it's their God given right.

...And taxes
Magic Spray
Magic Spray
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:51 am

Magic Spray wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

...And taxes

Unless you're Messi or Harry Redknapp Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:07 am

and brazilians diving..

And yes, I do have anti-Brazil sentiment as well as disturbingly ill-feeling towards those who glorify them, and I am not ashamed of it!

Btw the Neymar incident was a raised arm elbow to the face.. Though I prefer they aren't, red could have been given.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:12 am

You're massively exaggerating.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:16 am

referees from J-league are a joke. I used to get so fed up watching referee pull out yellow or red or giving fouls which didnt even exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:35 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
Magic Spray wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

...And taxes

Unless you're Messi or Harry Redknapp Proud
Or Scolari or Casillas Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:38 am

Croatia will definitely feel hard done by and the ref shouldn't get another game in the tournament.

That's all I will say. These things happen, no need to kneejerk about it. We will see how the rest of the tournament goes. The home crowd certainly plays a part, but typically these things even out, so I would reckon Brazil might get a couple bad calls their way as well. We'll see.

"refs ruin 1/3 of games"...No. They don't.

lol'ing all the way to my dinner at calls for a Neymar red as well.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:17 am

All I can say is this is all predicted.... host nation will also be favoured. Initially I thought the JApanese looked pretty cool with his eyes and gesture firmly on the spot, and then to realize on the reply how bad the decision was  Laughing 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:30 am

I dont think the ref was that bad, just this major mistake for the PK. Funny how they replayed the goal showing the ball over the line technology though, just to show everybody that its in place Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am

So you are saying it

Referee 1 -0 Football  Laughing 

That was 50-50 penalty there , so maybe

Referee 0.5 -0 Football
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:29 am

50-50 penalty lol

It was an awful dive Fred and poor decision from Ref.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:31 am

Same referee that gave Melo a red card back in 2010, against the Netherlands.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:33 am

Casciavit wrote:Same referee that gave Melo a red card back in 2010, against the Netherlands.

What? After he stomped on a player? Surely you can't be complaining about that decision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOXoGgQbbc8&feature=kp
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:02 am

Forza wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Same referee that gave Melo a red card back in 2010, against the Netherlands.

What? After he stomped on a player? Surely you can't be complaining about that decision.

I'm not complaining, it was a deserved red. Just mentioning one of his past decisions. That's all.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:11 am

Casciavit wrote:
Forza wrote:

I'm not complaining, it was a deserved red. Just mentioning one of his past decisions. That's all.

That red card was fine but I remember he had an overall bad game. Did not call Sneijder handball, persistent fouling by Van Bommel, Robinho dive etc. Don't think he is competent enough for this level.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:53 am

The foul on Rakitic in the 3rd goal was an even bigger farce than the pen.

In the disallowed goal aswell Cesar bumps into Olic,Not the other way around.Olic sticks his arm out but it doesn't actully touch Cesar.3 wrong decisions.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:04 am

Brazil 2014 Referee Watch Thread - Page 3 FrankUnacceptableAdeliepenguin

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:59 am

i wonder if the inevitable bullshit decisions that will have a huge effect on the tournament will make fifa seriously consider video technology or just bury their heads deeper in their piles of money

actually i don't wonder at all...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:03 pm

vivabarca38 wrote:The foul on Rakitic in the 3rd goal was an even bigger farce than the pen.

In the disallowed goal aswell Cesar bumps into Olic,Not the other way around.Olic sticks his arm out but it doesn't actully touch Cesar.3 wrong decisions.

http://www.papermag.com/uploaded_images/tumblr_moj3i2pso51qcyesgo1_500.gif

3 bad decisions Laughing How underdog love blinds people :lol

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:04 pm

Add in the fact Nishimura has shown red cards to the wrong player so many times that there's an entire section dedicated to them on his Japanese Wikipedia page, and you have a referee that was primed to cause some sort of stir at this World Cup sooner or later.
LOL! (need to check that still as it is from Goal.com, but if true rofl )

http://www.goal.com/en/news/3790/world-cup-2014/2014/06/13/4879088/fred-should-have-been-booked-for-diving-brazil-blunder-ref-comes-
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 pm

To be fair, the penalty wasn't that bad of a call. My view differs a bit from most of what has been said here...

Why blame the referee?
The referee is forced to make an instant decision based on what he saw. Whilst some would say that the referee should have given the defender 'the benefit of the doubt' (and I agree with this), the referee still can't take all of the blame for giving that penalty.

At first instance I too thought it was a penalty and it was only from the alternate angle where I could see that, despite the defender being all over Fred, the defender did not drag Fred down or hold him back at the time of the alleged foul.

And it's not just me.

I have even heard some analysts who, in post-game discussions, maintain that the referee made the correct call for that decision! I disagree, but I could see how one could argue 'a technical penalty' because of the contact prior to Fred going down. Pundits make a similar argument in support of the award of a penalty when a defender holds onto an opponent's shirt before the opponent comes into play - i.e. the defender took their opponent out of the game and, in doing so, delayed their opponent's involvement in subsequent play.

In this instance, I think that sort of argument is very weak and, as I've already said, I disagree with the decision. However, whether it was or was not the correct call is besides the point now.

Who really deserves the blame?
What I really wanted to say was that referees will always make mistakes, but if those mistakes are induced by the deceptive conduct of players like Fred, who dived in this instance (or at the very least overreacted), the player should receive the greatest criticism for his unsportsmanlike behaviour. Regardless of this referee's past or other apparently poor decisions in this game, Fred is receiving nowhere near as much condemnation for his actions.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:10 pm

This WC is pre-ordained anyhow...  the referee for the Brazil-Croatia game was the same guy who made massive mistakes in WC2010 to help Holland beat Brazil.  Why would you put a ref in there that probably feels bad for having screwed Brazil in the last WC?  Doesn't the reffing committee look at these things??  Out of all the refs, they couldn't pick one who had no history with either team  :facepalm:

Second, WCs are known for match fixing to help the local team.  It's just a fact.  Back in 1978, Cruyff decided to skip the WC...  you know why?  (he admitted it publicly later).  The secret police in Spain raided his home and took he and his wife for questioning 2 months before the tournament.  He wouldn't say what he was told...   but it forced him to declare forfeit for the Argentina WC in 1978.  With his, Holland would have been unbeatable imo.  The dictator of Spain was best friends of the dictator in Argentina at the time.  Also, Passarella punched a Holland player in the final that makes Zidane's headbut look like a lovetap and, yet, he got nothing.  Not to mention that the coach of France, Hidalgo, narrowly escaped being abducted (same pool as Argentina).

I hope you all remember how ridiculous the reffing was to help South Korea in WC 2002, especially in the game against Italy, etc.

Unfortunately, football has become such that politics are overwhelming the sport, which is tragic.  Can you imagine if Brazil lost prematurely in this WC?  There's already unrest...  it would be like throwing a match on gun powder.  And Brazilians still haven't gotten over losing it in 1950 Laughing  For me, it's clear as day that Brazil is going to be massively helped to win this WC by the refereeing for political reasons... now, they can lose despite all the help.  But every opponent should realize that they will never get a fair shake.  It's just not possible.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next