Menez

4 posters

Go down

Menez Empty Menez

Post by Dante Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Do you approve of the signing of Menez ? Where do you see him into the 11 , given the players we have ? I think his arrival heralds the departure of at least one of Robinho-Kaka-Taarabt. Having said that , Kaka is a case on his own , it's up to him in the end.

Discuss.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Menez Empty Re: Menez

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:22 pm

It all depends on what Pippo thinks, we don't even know our formation yet.I really like Menez though,I think he will add a lot to our offensive game, we need someone with flair.

I read we are interested in Iturbe too.If we get Iturbe and keep Kaka and Balotelli I would be happy with this transfer window. However, I think Kaka will end up leaving and Balo is a question mark.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:30 pm

Surprisingly, we have been active early this year and I think we have been doing well so far. Menez for free is good business, I just hope that we don't give him high wages since that would only get us in more trouble.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:07 pm

I trust in sportzy's judgement because he watches ligue 1 a lot. he said something like in his first stint he was very decent but as soon as lucas stepped in he just lost his confidence and was below par.

but we will have to see.

as from my own point of view, i see menez as decent signing because he was pretty good for roma and he will not have to take a lot of time adjusting to serie a.

plus getting rid of robinho and having is lot better.

but sportzy pointed out that he is not a winger who defends.

it depends upon how inzaghi plays the team and how individual's position are defined.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:02 am

This means Taarabt is all but gone.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:35 pm

I generally give value to Sports opinion myself , especially when it has to do with Ligue 1. However , i think Menez has improved a lot since his time at Roma , last times i saw him in matches i liked him very much and i was never a fan tbh .

I believe Menez could prove to be an exceptionaly usefull signing for free and i am somewhat eager to see what Inzaghi has in mind about him . Like you , i'd like to say more , but i am waiting patiently for the summer market to unfold .

See who's coming , who's leaving .. but yeah , agreed Forza. Menez means Taarabt is gone from Milan and although he could have improved a lot at Milan , somehow i think Menez will manage to do much better with his time at Milan .

I am not sure if Ses-Balo-Menez would work though. Not sure how to describe it at the moment , i will just say this is not convincing enough for me , yet . I mainly have issues with Balo's involvement , because an energetic player like Menez would have half his efforts wasted if the one centrally doesn't help him frequently . And i don't see Balotelli doing that , given by last season's standards at least.

I'll reserve my opinion after his WC is over , but he has to change both his attitude and his work effort if we want this to work next season . Otherwise , maybe it's time to sell him and get someone who would generally connect better with teammates , although i feel guilty for saying something like that , i'd trully hate to lose Balotelli .

I am watching him tonight and i will certainly make certain comparisons to his overall generic performance of this season Balotelli. I want to see if my past concerns , that he didn't believe in his teammates more often than not , was true . I think after all the failures first half of the season , he lost hope and gave up more often than not , i want to see how he will do with a team that's obviously nothing compared to the mess we have been.

It's the WC , anyone should be motivated enough. I hope he sends a strong message tonight , not necessarily hat trick status , but a solid and convincing display of who he really is. I genuinely feel his place at Milan is threatened as we speak , Balotelli or not , his overall season has been dissapointing and oft times , absolutely depressing .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:46 pm

Menez proved to be a fantastic signing . Obviously we could do with less pointless holding onto the ball.. yet no one is perfect . Fast , good dribbler , teammates depend on him , scores at a decent rate. My only true complain about him is how little he plays with Torres. I've noticed this so many times , he doesn't play Torres even when he absolutely should . Many a times over Torres was in position to receive the ball for a great chance to happen and he would pass it any other way . Irritating and this better change

His goals have been very important . Not just goals however , his general impact on the attack has been significantly better than Balotelli's too. I mean , he can't do what Balotelli did on his day and score screamers and really tough goals by using his body strength , but he's already doing better than Balo ever did at Milan imo . And we got him for free , which is nice.

He must improve his service to Torres tho. When he plays , he gets his service more often than not. When Menez is playing with Torres , Menez not only walks in his places , but when he has to provide support to the CF , he doesn't .

If you haven't noticed by now. I ask you to pay attention next time they play. Menez doesn't even consider him. I am gratefull that he's doing well , but this is getting annoying. Torres needs all kind of service to have an impact to the game and Menez doesn't even try to provide that when they both play together. It kinda feels like he doesn't want Torres to succeed because that will mean he will have to play wider or behind him and obviously he doesn't want that.

I have to say i want the one who's playing better to play CF , but let's be real , when he cockblocks Torres and gets to score later , or when he doesn't play , that makes Torres look much worse than he is.

Don't take what i say here for granted though ; look it up yourself when they play together next time. Torres works his ass off to get in position to receive the ball and Menez won't pass to him . All others do , but rarely Menez. Only when they are far away from the box , or too far wide to matter anyway.

My 2 cents on the flawed side of Menez. Too egotistic on the field. The rest i approve , probably our best signing of the summer. If he just works it out with Torres , our attack will get significantly better.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down