M99
Mr Nick09
chad4401
futbol
titosantill
huntsman
14 posters

Go down

Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona  Empty Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona

Post by huntsman Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:28 pm

The Argentina legend has criticised the Real Madrid goalkeeper following his nightmare showing on Friday night
Diego Maradona says Iker Casillas's horror showing in Spain's 5-1 defeat to Netherlands proves Jose Mourinho was right to drop him during his time in charge of Real Madrid.

The goalkeeper was at fault for at least one of the goals as the reigning world and European champions suffered a shock thrashing at the hands of Louis van Gaal's Oranje.

He has since accepted the blame for the defeat, and Argentina legend Maradona says the performance shows Mourinho was right to favour Diego Lopez over the 33-year-old.

"He had the worst game I've ever seen in my life...and it reminds me of what my friend Mourinho told everyone about him," the 53-year-old told Telesur.

"He said Casillas wasn't the right keeper and he paid for that. He had to leave, but in the end it turns out that Mourinho was right."

Sergio Ramos was also criticised in the aftermath of the game and Maradona felt the Madrid centre-back lacked in pace against Arjen Robben.

"He beat him in a race coming from five metres behind," he added.

Casillas and Ramos will hope to make amends when they face Chile in their next Group B clash on Wednesday night.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona  Empty Re: Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:16 pm

lol maradona is the one we are looking at for approval now....diego, great player, the greatest i have seen imo. but we saw enough of his "tactical genius" when he coached argentina....so i find it weird that some think his opinion matters in this instance.....didn't the guy call victor valdes crap once? and we all know what happened to barca after valdez got injured
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona  Empty Re: Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona

Post by futbol Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:00 pm

He is completely right. Casillas and Ramos have embarrassed Espana.

De Gea
Azpi Pique Martinez Alba
Busquets
Xavi Koke
Iniesta
Pedro Villa

This is a good mix of Barca, ex Barca, future Barca, Barca DNA and Pep managed players. You can't go wrong with that.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm

lmao...anyways, i'm not an espana fan (more of an espana hater), so i would like to see that line up. especially since xavi busquets pique alba and iniesta were absolutely amazing yesterday
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:32 pm

titosantill wrote:lmao...anyways, i'm not an espana fan (more of an espana hater), so i would like to see that line up. especially since xavi busquets pique alba and iniesta were absolutely amazing yesterday

Villa or Pedro wouldn't waste that glorious Iniesta throughball like David Silva and it would be 2-0 and an easy ride for Spain. Instead Silva chokes, Ramos gets owned in the air by RVP, Casillas gets owned positioning himself in no man's land (either you stay on your line or you come out and get the ball - no inbetween) and goes even more full on clown mode after that. Alonso thinks he's going to die if he doesn't do a 40 yard pass every 5 minutes. Even the glorious Barca core can't rescue those clown.

My lineup would win the World Cup. huntsman would confirm.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:34 pm

jesus just bleep off about mou already ffs, maradona needs to stfu and do something relevant
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:39 pm

spain NT need Alonso like fish need water
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:39 pm

lol its funny how after the fabregas mishap, and the way he's been treated people still have the nerve to throw the term "barca dna" around...very opportunistic for maradona and mou apologist to come out after what, like 2 years to start with the "mou was right" talk...as i said, many can make the argument that casillas was almost ruined by mourinho to begin with , rather than mou being right...i used the term 'almost' cos iker imo is still a top goalie, he's got nothing to prove to anyone
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:42 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:spain NT need Alonso like fish need water

Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona  Queensland_Lungfish_%28Neoceratodus_forsteri%29

This is a picture of a lungfish. Lungfish are best known for retaining characteristics primitive within the Osteichthyes, including the ability to breathe air.

Pls go.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Fußball wrote:

Mourinho was right and he paid for that - Maradona  Queensland_Lungfish_%28Neoceratodus_forsteri%29

This is a picture of a lungfish. Lungfish are best known for retaining characteristics primitive within the Osteichthyes, including the ability to breathe air.

Pls go.

The floodgates opened after Alonso got subbed off. They got wrecked by Brazil without Alonso last year. That bias Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:03 pm

as soon as vdb benched alonso, spain got destroyed like in the confed, he will not make that mistake again Laughing
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:23 pm

i find it really sad to read some posts , or hear opinions elsewhere about Casillas like that. I mean , such a disastrous game where nothing seeming to function for Spain and Casillas gets all the love here .

The moment where the game got mad and totally left Spain thinking about when it's going to end , was the 3rd goal. The 3rd goal was a clear foul on the goalkeeper , especially when Casillas has been in his small area. Not sure what i will read about this here , but every single person including speakers said that was a crystal clear foul on him. After that the whole Spain sucked so hard and dropped so much in psychological terms , that Casillas from all people should be left alone really. No protection at all , i couldn't believe my eyes how Ramos was doing so bad , never speak of Pique , even worse .

It's really weird that people blast Casillas this hard , forgeting that he was the receiver of all of the previous mistakes that lead to the goals , classic like chances that ability sometimes has nothing to do with , even when your name is Casillas . Obviously many are not judging objectively , even though it must be said that Casillas was at fault for 2 of the goals . But a score of 1-5 , after Spain leading , is certainly not just a keepers fault . Even Spain's peno was given lightly , not much to brag about back home here.

Now , that Iker came out and took the blame and all , that's just shows what a captain is supposed to do , many captains have said these exact same words after various bad games . Few to do with what actually caused and allowed all that.

I'd say apart from Iniesta and Alonso , the whole Spain was utterly dissapointing to watch , just look at Van Persie's goal ffs , the defenders were caught so much off guard that left Casillas with absolutely no time to react to Van Persie's move .

The whole of Spain got severly outplayed by Holland's play and obviously , exploiting their mistakes more often than they should have been allowed in the 2nd half . Casillas had his fair share of course , but it's really sad realising all the shite he gets , in spite this being clearly a team thing , however unable Casillas was to react at times during the game.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 am

dat loyalty from VDB,finally backfired on him. Xavi out, Cassillas out, busquets for a cdm, he's always invisible when the defense needs him.. Honestly I think Ramos and Pique, unfortunately is his best choice for CBs

de gea
Azpi Ramos Pique Alaba
koke/martinez alonso iniesta
 pedro costa/fabregas villa
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:02 am

Maradona and Mourinho are friends and there is great mutual respect each other , so not so surprised about these words
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:06 am

I don't get the hype surrounding De Gea... the kid is nothing special. He has his own brainfart moments.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:31 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I don't get the hype surrounding De Gea... the kid is nothing special. He has his own brainfart moments.

He is one of the best young keepers in the world. He is special.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:10 pm

Fußball wrote: Alonso thinks he's going to die if he doesn't do a 40 yard pass every 5 minutes.

Innit. Busquets might need alonso to hold his hand but my word, watching Alonso spraying long balls to players that were completely isolated and had no chance of doing anything made me want to rip my hair out!
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:34 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I don't get the hype surrounding De Gea... the kid is nothing special. He has his own brainfart moments.

oh pls .  :brickwall: 

you are not getting it cos you havent watched him lately. :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mourinho lose his job for non-Casillas related issues?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:36 pm

M99 wrote:
Fußball wrote:

Pls go.

The floodgates opened after Alonso got subbed off. They got wrecked by Brazil without Alonso last year. That bias Laughing

That had nothing to do with Alonso. The third goal should have been disallowed as it was a clear foul, and I dont see how he could have stopped casillas from fcking up in the other 2 goals..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down